ImageImageImage

What is your draft big board? Any updates?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Re: What is your draft big board? Any updates? 

Post#221 » by darealjuice » Sun Mar 3, 2019 3:23 am

Mine is still pretty much the same as draft time. Doncic, Ayton, Young, JJJ, Bagley, WCJ. I thought Bamba was going to be better, but I might have fell for the social media hype with him working with Embiid and supposedly having a 3 ball. Not surprised by Okogie playing pretty well considering a lot of people considered him the "Donovan Mitchell" of the draft. I liked Robison before the draft but didn't realize he was going to be such a good shot blocker so early in his career. Sexton has been a bit better shooting the ball than expected too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,465

Post#222 » by bwgood77 » Sun Mar 3, 2019 4:48 am

darealjuice wrote:Mine is still pretty much the same as draft time. Doncic, Ayton, Young, JJJ, Bagley, WCJ. I thought Bamba was going to be better, but I might have fell for the social media hype with him working with Embiid and supposedly having a 3 ball. Not surprised by Okogie playing pretty well considering a lot of people considered him the "Donovan Mitchell" of the draft. I liked Robison before the draft but didn't realize he was going to be such a good shot blocker so early in his career. Sexton has been a bit better shooting the ball than expected too.

I was thinking you were not high on JJJ at all for some reason. But I guess there were a lot of people that were not high on him so probably thinking of others.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#223 » by darealjuice » Sun Mar 3, 2019 4:54 am

bwgood77 wrote:
darealjuice wrote:Mine is still pretty much the same as draft time. Doncic, Ayton, Young, JJJ, Bagley, WCJ. I thought Bamba was going to be better, but I might have fell for the social media hype with him working with Embiid and supposedly having a 3 ball. Not surprised by Okogie playing pretty well considering a lot of people considered him the "Donovan Mitchell" of the draft. I liked Robison before the draft but didn't realize he was going to be such a good shot blocker so early in his career. Sexton has been a bit better shooting the ball than expected too.

I was thinking you were not high on JJJ at all for some reason. But I guess there were a lot of people that were not high on him so probably thinking of others.

I wasn't that high on him, but I had him around where I had Bagley. I like him a bit more now that I've seen his shot translate fairly well to the NBA though. I thought the top of this class was going to be good, but they've outplayed my expectations for sure.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#224 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Mar 3, 2019 5:05 pm

This class really has lived up to the hype. JJJ Carter and Bamba getting hurt is the only real wet blanket. JJJ showed enough before the injury they have to feel great about him moving forward. Carter was good defensively but underwelmed on O but I'm still very high on him. Bamba is probably the one top pick who I guess you could say looks sketchy but we knew he was raw and he was in a situation behind a really productive vet so his lack of production shouldn't be a shocker or really change his long term outlook.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Re: What is your draft big board? 

Post#225 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Mar 3, 2019 11:10 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
lilfishi22 from Mar 22 wrote:
lilfishi22 from Feb 14 wrote:1. Doncic
2. Porter Jr
3. Ayton
4. Bagley
5.Young
6. JJJr
7. Bamba

1. Doncic - Same. Could change but unlikely to with a few more Euroleague regular season games left and playoffs beginning in the 2nd half of next month.
2. Ayton - Tourney upset is not a good result but I saw it like a quick KO in boxing or MMA, it could happen any time and because it happened so quickly, the fighter didn't have an opportunity to show what they really have up their sleeves. Based on his overall body of work, I think even with the weaknesses, he's done enough to warrant a top 1 or 2 spot in this draft imo.
3. Bagley - opposite of Ayton, he wasn't as highly touted as Ayton coming in but now that he's still in the tourney, he's able to show the world a bit more of what he's about. I still think his ceiling is #3 though.
4. JJJr - moved him back into the rest of the pack. Even though he's still in the tourney, he hasn't really been that impressive. Still very high potential player but also screams project.
5. Porter Jr - Bombed out with 3 college games to show, he's looked riskier than ever. He still has a decent body of work from HS and scouts have pretty much determined the kind of player he's likely to be but it may have been better for him if he had just sat out.
6. Young - I still really like Young. I just like him a lot more just outside of the top 5 (although interchangeable with Porter JR imo)
7. Bamba - Another guy who bombed (Bamba'd???) out after only 1 game. Freak measurements but he hasn't impressed me all that much this season and he's also as much of a project as JJJr imo.

1. Doncic - still at the top of my board. Ayton was inching a lot closer after having done more research and getting more takes on him but with Doncic's performance in the Euroleague playoffs, he has a chance to really pull away.
2. Ayton - I lost a bit of confidence in him after the bombing out so early in the March Madness but I have a renewed enthusiasm for him now.
3. Young - This third spot is tough. I have a hard time putting JJJr over Young because JJJr just seems to have more elite role player potential than Young who imo has star potential. Young is going to get torched defensively and will make our back court look even more porous but offensively, he could be transformational and in the top 3 of a loaded draft, you want transformational potential.
4. JJJr - I don't buy the KG comparisons even though they have similar physical profile but even a homeless man's KG is a pretty solid player. My issue with him is I just can't get over the elite role player potential I see in him. In the top 3, I want potential star potential and I just don't really see that. Not at all discounting his impact on the game which has been written about a fair bit but he's just not as shiny as Young
5. Porter - still love this guy's potential but I don't think coming back has really helped his draft stock unfortunately. I think his shooting, physical fluidity and overall scoring potential is still there but imo, he's just a touch more risky now compared to the prospects ahead of him.
6. Bagley - Again, having done more research, I don't think the articles written about him since March Madness have ended have really helped his case as a top 5 or top 4 prospect. His weaknesses have been continually reiterated and I'm starting to see 6'11 Kenneth Faried which is still a dangerous offensive player but I not in the top 5.
7. Mikal Bridges - watching more film on him in conjunction with what scouts have already noted, he really seems to have one of the highest floors in the lottery. The guy to me is a surefire starter in the league. Not sure about star potential but he's going to be a solid starter for a long time. At #8, getting a close to a surefire starter in the draft is a near steal
8. Carter - I see a solid starting 5 in him. He's a bit undersized height wise but he takes up a ton of space in the paint and with good on court awareness, rebounding and passing, I think he fits today's NBA.
9. Miles Bridges - Love his defensive versatility being able to guard the 2 to the 4 and that's what tweeners nowadays need to be able to do. He's never going to be a star offensively but I think he's got really good role player offense potential, basically just being able to hit 3's and finish near the basket. Might be a stretch pick at #9 but I'm comfortable with that.
10. Bamba - I expect him to move up a bit higher once we get to the combines because they always favor athletic profiles and skills aren't really showcased but I don't think most people are unaware of his freakish physical gifts so to me, he's probably staying at #10.

I'll do another one of these once the draft positions are set after the lottery in mid-May

Update: edited after rethinking Porter's ranking on here. Moved him back up to 5

My last big board. I hthink Porter at #5 is high but he's going down the Griffin/Embiid/Simmons route of redshirting his rookie season so he could still be worthy of #5. Overall I'm pretty happy with it
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#226 » by oligo » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:56 am

MPJ has enormous potential next season. As he redshirted a whole season, nobody expects much from him. I think he will surprise a lot of fans. Might be even 2nd best pick from the 2018 NBA Draft behind LD77.
#FireVlade

Return to Phoenix Suns