ImageImageImage

Game 58 : Phoenix Suns (18-39) at Golden State Warriors (43-13), Monday, Feb 12th, 8:30PM MST

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Re: Game 58 : Phoenix Suns (18-39) at Golden State Warriors (43-13), Monday, Feb 12th, 8:30PM MST 

Post#341 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:33 am

bigfoot wrote:
darealjuice wrote:-43 for Josh tonight lol ouch

I was wondering who we could blame this on

Ulis
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Re: Game 58 : Phoenix Suns (18-39) at Golden State Warriors (43-13), Monday, Feb 12th, 8:30PM MST 

Post#342 » by hollywood6964 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:36 am

swishin13 wrote:

I still can't believe ppl r,
Planning to go to the game instead of doing anything else.
Buying tickets.
Driving to the game.
Paying for parking.
Waking to the gates.
Finding their seats.
Spending good money on overpriced bad food.
Staying around for this crap.
Bringing out the boo-birds as the blowout commences.
Fighting the, well light traffic out of the game n parking lot.
Going home late after a blowout.
The drive home.

What a waste of fng time. I'd rather flush the $100 n be done with it.

I only went to the Hornets game because my cousin got floor seats (well 3rd row) for free on Super Bowl Sunday. In the second half they just quit. I don't plan on going to anymore games this year. There is frankly better things to do than watch our Suns.

I understand we have developing talent right now and it's hard to compete with the Warriors but another 45+ point defeat? Either they have no pride or are really that bad.

The "timeline" for the Suns to be relevant could be another 7+ years. I don't have a lot of confidence in the leadership of the team turning this thing around. I hope I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be a plan other than hoping our young players drastically improve. We have some scorers in Booker and Warren but where is the defense (112.9ppg)? I know Josh Jackson is supposed to be a defensive stopper but we need more than one guy to play on that side of the ball.

We have the worst point differential in the NBA at -8.9 which is far worse than last year -5.6. All signs point to regression.

I was being facetious to a point, having a good laugh while I posted that, but I completely agree. They must be kidding this this bulsht.

Although, after the break with book back, you'll see a marked improvement, we'll win some games if healthy. Although I hope we keep losing for draft reasons.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#343 » by Revived » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:42 am

Josh Jackson’s plus/minus...holy ****! -43 god damn.

That’s the worst plus/minus any rookie drafted in the top 10 has had this season!
swishin13
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#344 » by swishin13 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:43 am

Although, after the break with book back, you'll see a marked improvement, we'll win some games if healthy. Although I hope we keep losing for draft reasons.

I'd be more excited about our draft position if there was a once in a generation player like LeBron coming out but I don't see that. We'll add another young player to an already young team and he'll likely struggle. I'm sure there are really nice players coming out but I don't think any are can't miss.

With our luck we'll probably drop as low as we possibly can too.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#345 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 am

Can't play Chandler or Len at C with how our team is set up doesn't suit Payton, Warren, Jackson who are half our scoring.
Sunsss
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#346 » by Sunsss » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 am

bigfoot wrote:
Blackification wrote:Whats the record for 40 pt losses in a season

The most losses by 40+ for a franchise is 16 (Clips and Sixers). We've gotten a 1/4 of the way there in just over half a season. I'm pretty certain four is the record.

Although I don't wanna count the games with Watson & Bledsoe, if my research is correct the last team to lose 4 games by 40+ points in a season was 91-92 Kings and 2 of those losses came against us.

In garbage time, losing teams usually cut into deficit from like 30 to 20. We do the opposite. When it becomes like a 20-point game, they give up. I think the reason for that is combination of too much youth and lack of veteran leadership.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#347 » by Revived » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:38 am

I hope Booker is back for the next one against Utah or that’s another at least 30 pt loss.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#348 » by Qwigglez » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:48 am

I was thinking of getting seats right behind the Suns bench when they were in Portland but decided not to because of their poor performances the last couple of years. Maybe next year I'll go to their pre-season game if they have on in Portland, but I'm not spending anymore money going to games to watch them lose.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#349 » by hollywood6964 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:04 am

Qwigglez wrote:I was thinking of getting seats right behind the Suns bench when they were in Portland but decided not to because of their poor performances the last couple of years. Maybe next year I'll go to their pre-season game if they have on in Portland, but I'm not spending anymore money going to games to watch them lose.

Wise decision. You could do anything else with that time and money....and aggravation.
woosah
RealGM
And1: 5,275

Post#350 » by woosah » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 am

Is there a place that has post game interviews from the players? I found the last one on twitter but nothing tonight.
Woj is the new Bucher. Shams is the new Woj. Espn is the new TMZ. The NBA is the new WWE.
Boo.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#351 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:12 am

woosah wrote:Is there a place that has post game interviews from the players? I found the last one on twitter but nothing tonight.

Probably not after a loss like this. I think if you follow suns on twitter you might see some in the future.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#352 » by thamadkant » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 am

lol

yeah saw Josh taking all those shots... and missing. Just another one of those bad games like the Rockets game. He got excited against a high tempo team and the results are there. He will need to watch the film for this over and over and realize Warriors want those kind of fast shots all game.

Warren... wow.. a bad game as well.
he doesnt do anything else apart from score, which is what makes it worse.

Payton was a gun in this game, played it tough and careful... thats how you play the Warriors... deliberate and getting them to go another direction as they are very twitchy... why hence they bothered quick release and twitchy players like Jackson and Warren.

But these 40+ point losses are on the coach as much as the players....

Triano should have slowed the pace down and yanked out players who played into Warrior's trap
thamadkant

Post#353 » by thamadkant » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:07 am

bwoolf2 wrote:I know there is a lot of support for Triano here but I am just not a fan of his lineups or rotations.

he rarely coaches

he's a rotation manager... a mediocre one at that.

The Suns players are playing chaotic basketball... same system you see in the the Drew League.... except it doesnt work when the other team tries defensively.
thamadkant

Post#354 » by thamadkant » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:not going to lie. If Warren has an off game, he doesn't even make up for it with good defense.

You could say that about a lot of our team...particularly Booker and Daniels.

the team has a lot of one dimensional players... down hill skiiers as they say.

Booker can atleast draw defenders and kick out for assists.. Warren... not so much.

Josh Jackson has got that vision and passing thing going on... as well as defense.
thamadkant

Post#355 » by thamadkant » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 am

Xatticus wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Elf wanted so bad to be a Sun he dogged it for 3.5 years in ORL.

He really wasn't a problem for us. He was just a lightning rod for criticism. He's capable of doing this every night, but he doesn't. He can get to the basket anytime he wants to, but his confidence will wane if he makes a couple mistakes. He won't trust his shot if he misses a couple in a row.

The number of us that have started watching Suns games and that are showing up in your game threads should speak volumes about how much we think of Elfrid, but for every one of us that defended him to the last, it seemed as though there were several people that would blame Payton for anything that went wrong.

You guys got a quality PG for next to nothing.

what the heck is Orlando doing...

Oladipo for nothing (ultimately.).. look at him now.
Harris.... again
Now maybe Payton?

No patience and gives up on players too easily... good players too.

Does the owner have a specific style and specific player type he wants?.... smooth shooters??
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#356 » by Saberestar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Can't play Chandler or Len at C with how our team is set up doesn't suit Payton, Warren, Jackson who are half our scoring.

I am done with Chandler and Len. I want to stop watching them as a Suns players, they are really bad in this current NBA and they are always clogging the paint on offense. For what??

Chandler can only get the ball on lobs. He never ever can catch the ball if the pass is not a lob. He can't shoot at all, not touch even for a layup. He is not good passer and he is just in the middle like a piece of meat. At least Pachulia is a good passer and can shot a mid range shot, I would prefer him over Chandler.

Defensively Chandler is a shadow of himsel in his prime. Too old.

And what about Len? Stone hands, lowest basketball IQ on the team (next to Chriss) and all day long making silly and unnecessary fouls out there. Like Chandler, he can not defend the pick and roll/pop and he is a joke when switching on perimeter players.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#357 » by Saberestar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am

Really happy with Payton’s performance in this game. Not easy to score in the halfcourt againt the Warriors.

Two threes and he is always a threat going to the rim. Like someone said before, he reminds me of Rubio but Elfrid is a way better finisher in the paint.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#358 » by Saberestar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:16 am

woosah wrote:Is there a place that has post game interviews from the players? I found the last one on twitter but nothing tonight.

Here some comments from Triano, Payton and Daniels talking about Kerr.
First, there were the comments Denver guard Will Barton made when he disparaged the Suns on a podcast after their 48-point loss to San Antonio last Wednesday.

“I’m going to be the first to say it,” Barton said. “They’ve got to send the whole Phoenix team to the G League for that. I’m sorry. Except Devin Booker and T.J. Warren. The rest of them have got to go to the G League.”

Then, on Monday, Golden State coach Steve Kerr apparently decided the Suns were so little of a threat that he actually had his players drawing up plays during timeouts. Veterans Andre Igoudala and David West took turns with the grease board in the first half, Stephen Curry was designing plays coming out of halftime and Draymond Green took over in the second half.

“I told Jay that people may make a big deal of it and it had nothing to do with being disrespectful,” Kerr said. “It had everything to do with me trying to reach my team. I haven't been able to reach them the last month. They are tired of my voice and I'm tired of my voice.

“It's been a long haul these last few years. I wasn't reaching them and we just figured it was probably a good night to pull a trick out of the hat and do something different.”

Triano accepted Kerr's explanation.

“No disrespect,” Triano said. “He was just trying to bring his team together and rightfully so. … Whatever coach you are, you have to do what you have to do to build your team up. If he thinks that helps them I tip my hat.”

“We’re worried about ourselves,” Payton said. “I don’t have time to worry about what’s going on over there.”

“It’s disrespectful,” Troy Daniels said. “I don’t think it’s hard to coach those guys, though. So I think anybody can do it.”

“We should take that into all our other games and try not to let it happen again,” he said. “It’s tough as a player. I know it’s tough for the coaches, it’s tough for the organization, it’s tough for everybody. But it ain’t going to get any easier. We have to show some pride and show some fight. Whoever we have out there, no matter the personnel we have to show that grit and grind and fight as player and as a man.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2018/02/12/suns-game-score-golden-state-warriors-monday/328049002/
Read on Twitter
thamadkant

Post#359 » by thamadkant » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 am

You can't play chaos basketball against teams constructed to play organised chaotic ways like the warriors and rockets and expect to be competitive.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,883

Post#360 » by garrick » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am

With no Booker opposing teams are having a field day against the Suns, I know Booker gets shat on for not helping his team to wins but we're seeing just how bad this team is without him.

Return to Phoenix Suns