Shai Gilgeous Alexander or Robert Williams
Free Agent of value
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: Game 82: Phoenix Suns (20-61) @ Dallas Mavericks (24-57), 7:30PM MST 

Post#42 » by batsmasher » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:10 am

My goodness, the Mavs made it very clear they wanted to lose that game.

And it's clear what the Mavs think of their fringe guys: the more you played the more you suck.

So Aaron Harrison is the suckiest Mav followed by Collinsworth, Finney-Smith and Jones.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,449

Post#44 » by Revived » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:57 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Glorified G-League game won't mean much, didn't Archie Goodwin score 40 once?

But thanks Memphis we needed that late win against Detroit!

Just to keep this game in perspective, Zoran Dragic dropped 22 pts on excellent efficiency in the regular season finale after we traded him to Boston.

I don’t think he made an NBA roster spot the following season as the Heat cut him that summer itself.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#45 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:04 am

Yeah. I do hope we keep Peters because he was considered a late 1st by many reputable people. He was a good value for us, and I think he can have a role on a winning team as a deep bench shooter. Plus, he gets paid nothing. That said, he isn't better than Bender or Chriss and he shouldn't be much more than a bench role player who can space the floor.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#46 » by thamadkant » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:35 am

Peters is costing the Suns like 800K a year... he can shoot and with more confidence he can be that guy who may become a legit 3rd string forward who come up with the goods when he plays.... Id keep him
Revived
RealGM

Post#47 » by Revived » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:53 am

Would be stupid to cut him...we can maybe groom him to at least be Teletovic/Frye type player for us.
Son of Ra
Rookie
And1: 1,013

Post#48 » by Son of Ra » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:18 am

This was the best G-League game of the season.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#49 » by Saberestar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 am

Revived wrote:Would be stupid to cut him...we can maybe groom him to at least be Teletovic/Frye type player for us.

Yeah, it is obvious that he is a keeper after scoring one time big against a G-League.

Peters. Keep.
Reed.Keep.
House.Keep.
Len.Keep.
Chandler.Keep.
Harrison.Keep.
Williams.Keep.
Dudley.Keep.
Chriss.Keep.
Bender.Keep.
Ulis.Keep.
Daniels.Keep.
Knight.Keep.

Yeah, I think we have a terrific team for next season. All are good and with potential and on good contracts.
IDK why we only won 21...
Revived
RealGM

Post#50 » by Revived » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am

Saberestar wrote:
Revived wrote:Would be stupid to cut him...we can maybe groom him to at least be Teletovic/Frye type player for us.

Yeah, it is obvious that he is a keeper after scoring one time big against a G-League.
Peters. Keep.
Reed.Keep.
House.Keep.
Len.Keep.
Chandler.Keep.
Harrison.Keep.
Williams.Keep.
Dudley.Keep.
Chriss.Keep.
Bender.Keep.
Ulis.Keep.
Daniels.Keep.
Knight.Keep.

Yeah, I think we have a terrific team for next season.All are good and with potential and on good contracts. IDK why we only won 21...

I don’t know if your entire post is intended at me but if it is, it’s extremely misguided.

I’m arguably one of the biggest advocacies on this forum for a complete turnover of the roster with only keeping a handful of guys (Booker, Jackson, Daniels, Peters, Harrison) from this year’s team. My criteria being that the players we’re keeping aren’t past their prime and can either shoot or defend at a good salary with Jackson being the only exception.

Interesting you decided to quote me over the few posts prior which are saying the same thing as I did as well but posters who aren’t as big on roster turnover as me.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#51 » by Saberestar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:40 am

Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Peters. Keep.
Reed.Keep.
House.Keep.
Len.Keep.
Chandler.Keep.
Harrison.Keep.
Williams.Keep.
Dudley.Keep.
Chriss.Keep.
Bender.Keep.
Ulis.Keep.
Daniels.Keep.
Knight.Keep.

Yeah, I think we have a terrific team for next season.All are good and with potential and on good contracts. IDK why we only won 21...

I don’t know if your entire post is intended at me but if it is, it’s extremely misguided.

I’m arguably one of the biggest advocacies on this forum for a complete turnover of the roster with only keeping a handful of guys (Booker, Jackson, Daniels, Peters, Harrison) from this year’s team. My criteria being that the players we’re keeping aren’t past their prime and can either shoot or defend at a good salary with Jackson being the only exception.

Interesting you decided to quote me over the few posts prior which are saying the same thing as I did as well but posters who aren’t as big on roster turnover as me.

Nothing against you. l like a lot of your posts/opinions.

I just picked one of the posts because like you said there were a good number of posters saying the same...basically that we have to keep Peters after this G-League game.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but what I want to say is that a lot of people value too high performances at this late in the season...and the reality is that those were not actually NBA games...look at the roster that the Mavs put on the floor.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#52 » by King4Day » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:11 pm

I think Peters, at the very least, has kept the door open for him to get a shot in summer league and maybe training camp. He may make the team simply because we overspend this summer and need the extra bodies.
He hasn't been terrible and games like last night show that he knows how to play.
Even before the game, he's so cheap that it'd be a mistake to let him go unless we absolutely need the money to find a player so far better than him that we'll be forced to drop him.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#53 » by bigfoot » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Exactly correct ... we should have plenty of summer league / camp invites with House, Peters, Ulis, Harrison, and Reed getting opportunities to make the team next year.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#54 » by Fo-Real » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Peters is a little quicker than I thought he was, he could actually get away with playing some Sf. Always knew the guy had a shot if he got hot and had a green light. Bender had an ultra green light for this game also i'm sure, but he was overshadowed by G League talent yet again from both teams.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#55 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Peters is a little quicker than I thought he was, he could actually get away with playing some Sf. Always knew the guy had a shot if he got hot and had a green light. Bender had an ultra green light for this game also i'm sure, but he was overshadowed by G League talent yet again from both teams.

Were you watching? Just curious. Bender was working hard to get Peters good, clean looks. He's a point center. That's his game.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#56 » by Fo-Real » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:Peters is a little quicker than I thought he was, he could actually get away with playing some Sf. Always knew the guy had a shot if he got hot and had a green light. Bender had an ultra green light for this game also i'm sure, but he was overshadowed by G League talent yet again from both teams.

Were you watching? Just curious. Bender was working hard to get Peters good, clean looks. He's a point center. That's his game.

All well and good, but with all of our good players out his ceiling is role player facilitator on a team full of G league players. That to me is frustrating. Good for him he found a niche, but would love for him to be the guy stepping up to carry the offense over Alec Peters, thats all.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,479

Post#57 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:13 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Plus there is the fact that Bender shot 83% and 75% from 3 himself, which was more efficiently than Peters. And pulled down 13 boards with a couple of blocks.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#58 » by Fo-Real » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Plus there is the fact that Bender shot 83% and 75% from 3 himself, which was more efficiently than Peters. And pulled down 13 boards with a couple of blocks.

Role player stuff against lesser talent, you are right. Frustrated because he is still a role player in this situation. You can be happy with a career role player mindset picked at 4 in his draft, just my preference.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#59 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:26 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Role player stuff against lesser talent, you are right. Frustrated because he is still a role player in this situation. You can be happy with a career role player mindset picked at 4 in his draft, just my preference.

Depends on the team. With the scorers we have (and are slated to have after the draft), I strongly prefer a guy with Bender's profile. He obviously needs to learn to look for his shot more, but facilitating appears to be his gift. Love it.

Return to Phoenix Suns