TheFire wrote:Those on team Doncic (such as myself), what is your opinion on what we should do at the Center position assuming we draft Doncic at 1?
1. How realistic of a shot do we have at Capela? It seems almost inevitable that Houston matches any offer.
2. Would you drafts someone like Mitchell Robinson or Robert Williams at 16?
3. Do we wait and see what Kokoskov can do with Chriss/Bender and have one of them play the position?
4. Bring back Len (yuck)? or keep Chandler as the starter for the remainder of his contract (bigger yuck)?
5. There are some other interesting options such as Derick Favors who already has a rapport with Kokoskov
1 Capela is out of market, Houston will match any offer , Phoenix should put the max and wait .
2- yes I would do , I will look for a PF/C in the next two drafts, a player able to switch on defense, rebound well , shoot at least pick and pop. Someone like taj Gibson 10 years younger .
3- I still have faith in Bender, he will be your dray green , stretch 5 , glue guy, BBIQ player., but he is still so young, he is two years away of being a center, he has to play as a PF for now.
I believe that Chriss is a valuable player but I would trade him for a center vet player with a 3/4 years contract , robin lopez, Marc gasol to teach , put experience and winning presence .
4-I'm not sold on Len but I believe that he will flourish with Luka in the team , he can be the player than can be traded next year with higher value, or keep as Kanter role. How is the Len defence on p&r?
Chandler will be a wild card I will keep him as a role player to play 7/10 minutes and bring intensity and defense, and be a role model for the youngsters.
5- same as point 3, If you can get Favors in free agency (3/4 years deal ), you will save Chris's and wait for a better deal.
Chriss + favors is better than Marc gasol or robin lopez.
This is a 2 years window to be a contender playoff team , you have to find piece to improve the team with no cap space pressure.
In the bench you need a 3&D PG, a shooter Pg/SG, , a 3&D SF, hustle& rebound PF, rim protector C.
So yup I don't know what to do with Warren, I like him as a player, is a old school scorer, he has to upgrade his 3% .
I will keep him for now and see how are the next years with him on the team.
The core to championship has to be:
Jackson( as a SF/PF)
Bender( as a PF/C)
And pieces that fit in this line up depending on the match up.
A quick pg,a stretch 4, a hustle 5.