Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: The Draft Thread 3: #1 Pick Discussion 

Post#401 » by Kerrsed » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:34 am

Does anyone know what Gambo said in relation to this tweet:

Read on Twitter

Is it that we are trying to get Doncic if he falls or just that he is hearing Bagley to Sac and Bamba to Atlanta?
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#402 » by BobbieL » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:46 am

Kerrsed wrote:Does anyone know what Gambo said in relation to this tweet:

Read on Twitter

Is it that we are trying to get Doncic if he falls or just that he is hearing Bagley to Sac and Bamba to Atlanta?

I heard Gambo say that he talked to a guy that he has Bamba going third to the Hawks. Not sure who the guy is but it might "Stu Gotz"

As for the trade - if Doncic is there at 4 and the Grizzlies are open - I would be offering
Bucks Pick
Heat Pick
and the players to make the math work and that can include Ulis and Williams as that is 7m non guaranteed.

as long as Parsons is healthy
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#403 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:48 am

BobbieL wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Does anyone know what Gambo said in relation to this tweet:

Read on Twitter

I heard Gambo say that he talked to a guy that he has Bamba going third to the Hawks. Not sure who the guy is but it might "Stu Gotz"

As for the trade - if Doncic is there at 4 and the Grizzlies are open - I would be offering
Bucks Pick
Heat Pick
and the players to make the math work and that can include Ulis and Williams as that is 7m non guaranteed.

as long as Parsons is healthy

I would be just as excited to trade up for Trae.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: The Ayton & Doncic Conspiracy Thread 

Post#404 » by MathiasPW » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:38 pm

What happens to Ayton (and the wholee draft) if we pick Doncic at #1?

He hasn't worked out for anybody else, and noone is expecting him to fall and they therefore are zooming in into their own picks.

Who would take a gamble? And can we get that pick instead?
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#405 » by BobbieL » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:43 pm

MathiasPW wrote:What happens to Ayton (and the wholee draft) if we pick Doncic at #1?

He hasn't worked out for anybody else, and noone is expecting him to fall and they therefore are zooming in into their own picks.

If Ryan took Luka number 1 - instantly would have more respect for Ryan. Doesn't mean anything though. He still needs to make the right pick. But it would take "stones" to pick Luka over all first
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#406 » by LukasBMW » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:57 pm

It probably would cost the farm to move up to #4 to take Doncic

But it seems like it might not be too expensive to move up to #9 or #10 and snag Trae.

In that case...go for the low risk high reward move.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,693

Post#407 » by Qwigglez » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:15 pm

I’d cash in our assets to get Doncic if the opportunity presented itself. 16, Bucks pick, 2021 Heat pick, our own 2020 unprotected pick, Warren, and take back Parsons. Only if Doncic is available at 4.
Hesh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,142

Post#408 » by Hesh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Qwigglez wrote:I’d cash in our assets to get Doncic if the opportunity presented itself. 16, Bucks pick, 2021 Heat pick, our own 2020 unprotected pick, Warren, and take back Parsons. Only if Doncic is available at 4.

that is a lot
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#409 » by King4Day » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:32 pm

If Doncic went #1, I think Ayton goes to the Kings, Hawks will prob then take Bagley, and the rest the same
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#410 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:34 pm

BobbieL wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:What happens to Ayton (and the wholee draft) if we pick Doncic at #1?

If Ryan took Luka number 1 - instantly would have more respect for Ryan. Doesn't mean anything though. He still needs to make the right pick. But it would take "stones" to pick Luka over all first

I would see it as arrogance and pig-headedness--having to prove his masculinity by doing something out of the mainstream.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#411 » by LukasBMW » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Ayton goes 1

I want Doncic to go 2. Why? Because as a division rival, coach Kokoskov can keep tabs on him. Then, when the Kings frustrate the crap out of him and he wants out...we can trade for him.

I want Bagley to go 3. Why? Because he is going to hold a grudge against Ayton for going #1 and with his work ethic, I want him out of the conference.

I want JJJ to go 4. Why? Because he needs development and Memphis sucks at player development. That creates opportunity for us later to acquire him if they give up on him.

I don't care who goes at 5 as long as it isn't Bamba. We don't need another Gobert in our conference. LOL.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#412 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:51 pm

LukasBMW wrote:Ayton goes 1

I want Doncic to go 2. Why? Because as a division rival, coach Kokoskov can keep tabs on him. Then, when the Kings frustrate the crap out of him and he wants out...we can trade for him.

I want Bagley to go 3. Why? Because he is going to hold a grudge against Ayton for going #1 and with his work ethic, I want him out of the conference.

I want JJJ to go 4. Why? Because he needs development and Memphis sucks at player development. That creates opportunity for us later to acquire him if they give up on him.

I don't care who goes at 5 as long as it isn't Bamba. We don't need another Gobert in our conference. LOL.

It does kind of suck that in a super stacked top 5 or so of a draft, 4 of the 5 teams with top 5 picks are Western Conference teams, even though the Eastern Conference is always the weaker conference.
In2ition
Senior
And1: 259

Post#413 » by In2ition » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

It does kind of suck that in a super stacked top 5 or so of a draft, 4 of the 5 teams with top 5 picks are Western Conference teams, even though the Eastern Conference is always the weaker conference.

Sucks for who? Haven't the Eastern Conference teams gotten the majority of top 5 picks in the last few years?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#414 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:25 pm

In2ition wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Sucks for who? Haven't the Eastern Conference teams gotten the majority of top 5 picks in the last few years?

I'd rather more stars end up in the eastern conference. It's already lopsided making it tougher to make the playoffs, the all star games, etc, and now 80% of the top 5 is joining the east. Last year, two all stars from east move west (George and Butler). LeBron could too.

Just makes things tougher for us.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#415 » by NapoleonII » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Am I crazy for this? (also, would this even work?). Hear me out.

TJ Warren/Josh Jackson for Memphis's #4, Mcklemore, and Jamychal Green

1. We take no albatross Parsons contract.
2. We get our guys Ayton #1 and Luka #4.

Yes, we give up TJ Warren and Josh Jackson for Luka, but I'm actually a fan of Jamychal Green (38% 3point shooter, decent steals and blocks in a 6'9 PF)

Memphis might do this because they get immediate help for their wishful contending in Warren + a building block for the future in Jackson.

We cut our losses and build around Ayton/Booker/Luka with hopefully Bender or Chriss growing a set of balls or a head, respectively.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#416 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:58 pm

NapoleonII wrote:Am I crazy for this? (also, would this even work?). Hear me out.

Yes, we give up TJ Warren and Josh Jackson for Luka, but I'm actually a fan of Jamychal Green (38% 3point shooter, decent steals and blocks in a 6'9 PF)

Memphis might do this because they get immediate help for their wishful contending in Warren + a building block for the future in Jackson.

We cut our losses and build around Ayton/Booker/Luka with hopefully Bender or Chriss growing a set of balls or a head, respectively.

Heard you out, YEP you crazy.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,889

Post#417 » by TeamTragic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:03 pm

NapoleonII wrote:Am I crazy for this? (also, would this even work?). Hear me out.

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,089

Post#418 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 pm

With all the rumors of Young and Doncic falling in the draft I think we should go

Ayton #1
Doncic #16
And Young at 31

Young
Booker
Jackson
Doncic
Ayton

No green font needed this is the conspiracy thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although if this somehow happened (which it wont obviously) we would score 150 ppg and give up 1500 ppg sooooooooooooo
TheFire
Senior
And1: 913

Post#419 » by TheFire » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Doncic and Ayton seem to love posting on each other's IG page. If we can miraculously snag them both, at least we know there's a good chance they would like playing with each other. :D
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#420 » by BobbieL » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:33 pm

TheFire wrote:Doncic and Ayton seem to love posting on each other's IG page. If we can miraculously snag them both, at least we know there's a good chance they would like playing with each other. :D

Trying to put together a package for Parsons that would be the least amount of dollars on their books for the Grizz if IF Doncic is there at 4

Dudley, Williams, Ulis, Reed for Parsons/4 - would be the least amount of guaranteed money. 16 plus the right combo of other picks. This would save the GRizzlies over 40m in cash in two years

If the Grizzlies wanted an actual player: Williams, Warren and Ulis plus picks for Parsons/4. This deal would be break even cash wise but they would get a young player in Warren but for 4 years instead of two years

Return to Phoenix Suns