ImageImageImage

Deandre Ayton news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,347

Re: WELCOME DEANDRE AYTON!!!! 

Post#1721 » by Revived » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:05 pm

The reason we suck so much on defense is because we switch on everything. Not an exaggeration, I honestly don’t think I have seen a player fight through a screen this season, so it tells me that’s what Monty Williams wants. It’s creates mismatches which lead to helping from other defenders which lead to open 3s which is why the Suns are the 5th worst team in the league at guarding the 3.

Suns need to look at how teams like Boston defend and learn from that and use that. They don’t switch on every single action like the Suns do.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,624

Post#1722 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Revived wrote:The reason we suck so much on defense is because we switch on everything. Not an exaggeration, I honestly don’t think I have seen a player fight through a screen this season, so it tells me that’s what Monty Williams wants. It’s creates mismatches which lead to helping from other defenders which lead to open 3s which is why the Suns are the 5th worst team in the league at guarding the 3.

Suns need to look at how teams like Boston defend and learn from that and use that. They don’t switch on every single action like the Suns do.

+1

We should be more selective with out switches, especially since I don't think our guys are experienced enough to help on rotations when the other teams forces the mismatches. The good thing is that, imo we do have switchable defenders. Rubio, Bridges, Oubre, Ayton and even Saric do a decent job when they have to switch and defend. Even Booker has been putting more effort on that end this season although he's still not an average defender yet.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,112

Post#1723 » by handsome salary » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:53 pm

Still waiting after almost a year...
Deandre Ayton ready to 'take over' after record 16th straight loss by Phoenix Suns

ATLANTA — Deandre Ayton sat in the visiting locker room at Quicken Loans Arena on the wrong end of another loss that set the wrong kind of record for the Phoenix Suns.
The Suns (11-49) dropped their 16th straight game Thursday night, falling to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
That didn’t sit well with the rookie 7-footer — and stoked an urge to take matters into his own hands.
“I gave them enough time to let them run what they got to run,” Ayton said. “Now I’m about to just take over now. It’s about that time to take over and not really look back.”

GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Post#1724 » by GoodBehavior » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:25 pm

handsome salary wrote:Still waiting after almost a year...
Deandre Ayton ready to 'take over' after record 16th straight loss by Phoenix Suns

ATLANTA — Deandre Ayton sat in the visiting locker room at Quicken Loans Arena on the wrong end of another loss that set the wrong kind of record for the Phoenix Suns.
The Suns (11-49) dropped their 16th straight game Thursday night, falling to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
That didn’t sit well with the rookie 7-footer — and stoked an urge to take matters into his own hands.
“I gave them enough time to let them run what they got to run,” Ayton said. “Now I’m about to just take over now. It’s about that time to take over and not really look back.”

I think he says all these "confident" wordings to keep himself from falling off the cliff. His confidence level after being removed from the starting lineup must be at an all-time low. He puts in the effort but his confidence level isn't there.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,032

Post#1725 » by sunsbg » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:56 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:

I think he says all these "confident" wordings to keep himself from falling off the cliff. His confidence level after being removed from the starting lineup must be at an all-time low. He puts in the effort but his confidence level isn't there.

Those are quotes from last season that show how bad he felt in Igor's offense. In a few games this season you see much improved chemistry with Booker. I was hoping to see this two man game last season, good they are working on it now. Everybody should feed off these two. His confidence is fine, in last game looked in a better physical shape as well.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1726 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:00 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:

I actually think it's the opposite. Being taken out of the starting line up means he has less pressure from being a starter and he gets to go up against 2nd tier dudes and players that's already been a little be drained before he got on the court.
nbakid123
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#1727 » by nbakid123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:27 pm

Overrated fella
GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Post#1728 » by GoodBehavior » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:29 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:

I actually think it's the opposite. Being taken out of the starting line up means he has less pressure from being a starter and he gets to go up against 2nd tier dudes and players that's already been a little be drained before he got on the court.

Maybe, but it's humiliating to lose a starting position, no matter how Monty tries to spin it. Especially for a number one overall pick. You can tell by his demeanor post-game, which was previously playful and joking, has taken a more depressing tone.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,515

Post#1729 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:46 am

Look around the league and see how much talent is it out there. Also how much incoming talent.

That said, I think Suns should consider cutting their loss with Ayton and trade him while his value is still relatively high.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1730 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:10 am

76ciology wrote:Look around the league and see how much talent is it out there. Also how much incoming talent.

That said, I think Suns should consider cutting their loss with Ayton and trade him while his value is still relatively high.

For what? What can we get that is better than Ayton in terms of potential and is available?
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#1731 » by ATTL » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:10 am

76ciology wrote:Look around the league and see how much talent is it out there. Also how much incoming talent.

For who?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1732 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:17 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

For what? What can we get that is better than Ayton in terms of potential and is available?

Maybe someone like Jonathan Isaac or Aaron Gordon. Jarett Allen? Julius Randle? Jarett Culver? Derrick Jones Jr and picks? Vucevic? Jonas Valanciunas? Knox? Hachimura?

You guys can always ask for extra picks if you want to bridge the gap in value
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#1733 » by DirtyDez » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:47 am

76ciology wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Maybe someone like Jonathan Isaac or Aaron Gordon. Jarett Allen? Julius Randle? Jarett Culver? Derrick Jones Jr and picks? Vucevic? Jonas Valanciunas? Knox? Hachimura?

You guys can always ask for extra picks if you want to bridge the gap in value

Ayton for Knox and Booker for Kuzma sound like good ideas - SAS
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1734 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:55 am

Thats the problem with using a center as an asset. You can only put one center in the game, making its demand low. And all teams have already a good center, most of them even got 2 good centers.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1735 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:00 am

76ciology wrote:Thats the problem with using a center as an asset. You can only put one center in the game, making its demand low. And all teams have already a good center, most of them even got 2 good centers.

If relatively high is still low because demand is low, what sense does it make to sell at a low?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1736 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:07 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Thats the problem with using a center as an asset. You can only put one center in the game, making its demand low. And all teams have already a good center, most of them even got 2 good centers.

If relatively high is still low because demand is low, what sense does it make to sell at a low?

Better than zero or a negative.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1737 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 am

76ciology wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

How is Ayton a zero, let alone a negative?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1738 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:31 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:If relatively high is still low because demand is low, what sense does it make to sell at a low?

How is Ayton a zero, let alone a negative?

In value.

If he becomes a dime a dozen (not allstar) = zero
Once he is a dime a dozen with contract extension = negative

If you are a number one pick, Stats shows you’re most likely going to get a max.
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#1739 » by m1chal » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:39 am

Soon we're going to have to throw in an unprotected FRP to get rid of this bum. SMH.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#1740 » by Saberestar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 am

I would be open to trade him IF the value is there.

Like I said on another thread, Collins from the Hawks would be a nice addition.

Not sure why the Hawks would trade him, but this is the type of player that I would love to get in a trade for Ayton.

Return to Phoenix Suns