ImageImageImage

Deandre Ayton news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,122

Re: WELCOME DEANDRE AYTON!!!! 

Post#1761 » by handsome salary » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Fo-Real wrote:This game should be HIS example to HIMSELF from now on. He was finally somewhat of a live body, pushing, pulling, boxing out. He was an active big man this game.

Lets see him keep this going strong or my wrath will rain down upon his cheating ass. Until he plays well again. And then falls asleep during the next game.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#1762 » by Saberestar » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,044

Post#1763 » by sunsbg » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Rubio talks to Ayton a lot. Imagine having Ricky all last season and DA not missing those games to suspension. He'd be a much better player by now.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#1764 » by Damkac » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:21 am

Ayton is very good young player. It's hard to not see him as a very good starting center for next few years with a star potential. You all need to stop judging him by comparing him to Luka. Truth is that the 1st pick rarely becomes the best player in the draft. In the last 10 drafts the only players picked 1st that are unquestionably the best players in their drafts are Davis and Towns. Go back another decade and you get James and Howard. At least Ayton is not Bennett.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#1765 » by Dual » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:48 am

Read on Twitter
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#1766 » by ATTL » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:16 am

How many games before we're able to say his defensive rating and field goal defense aren't a fluke?
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#1767 » by spanishninja » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:37 am

ATTL wrote:How many games before we're able to say his defensive rating and field goal defense aren't a fluke?

aren't we already there? his offense not being consistent is one thing but his defense is pretty much the same effort every game.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#1768 » by ATTL » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:10 am

Missed alot of shots he usually makes
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#1769 » by Saberestar » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Seriously, we need to pay some extra money to Rubio and Baynes. They are huge as a veteran leaders for this team.

And great to know that Ayton is so coachable and accepts criticism so well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,481

Post#1770 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#1771 » by Slim Charless » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:10 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

You should use your mod powers to make that the sig of some our resident Ayton haters in this forum lol
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Post#1772 » by matt131 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:11 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter
(Green font) We should trade him now while his value is high
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#1773 » by thamadkant » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:30 pm

It's hilarious reading posts here saying trade Ayton.

Meanwhile other team fans are also seeing the great bits Ayton is doing or has done.

Some fans have compared his impact defensively to Gobert and mentioning Ayton as a Gobert with much better offense.

I see Duncan with Robinson athleticism and body.

As great as Doncic is.... The overall better player from the draft will be determined from their playoff contribution. Doncic can average a triple double but if Ayton can help anchor this Suns team onto the playoffs and do damage... Then why be resentful of not having Doncic.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#1774 » by Slim Charless » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:34 pm

thamadkant wrote:It's hilarious reading posts here saying trade Ayton.

Meanwhile other team fans are also seeing the great bits Ayton is doing or has done.

Some fans have compared his impact defensively to Gobert and mentioning Ayton as a Gobert with much better offense.

As great as Doncic is.... The overall better player from the draft will be determined from their playoff contribution. Doncic can average a triple double but if Ayton can help anchor this Suns team onto the playoffs and do damage... Then why be resentful of not having Doncic.

His play will silence those clowns. Every double double, every win he anchors us they'll be quieter and quieter.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,183

Post#1775 » by Frank Lee » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 pm

You mean when he consistently shows effort, limits his passiveness, and produces ?

Its up to him, but perhaps we should temper the giddiness till he shows up against real centers. The league is realizing they cant guard him with PFs (Collins, Randall, Theis) This has been a good run for his confidence
What ? Me Worry ?
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#1776 » by TeamTragic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:28 pm

thamadkant wrote:It's hilarious reading posts here saying trade Ayton.

Agreed. However right now the Mavericks are making the playoffs. That means they have done a much better job rebuilding. McD/Sarver really screwed this team.

I don't know if they can contend without KP. Maybe he can come back with limited minutes. Though I can see them making a run when Doncic starts torching everyone.

To be perfectly honest I remember rumors that we were after Ayton AND Doncic. Maybe we were thinking about trading Booker and then the Mavericks made a better offer.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#1777 » by Slim Charless » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:31 pm

Frank Lee wrote:You mean when he consistently shows effort, limits his passiveness, and produces ?

Its up to him, but perhaps we should temper the giddiness till he shows up against real centers. The league is realizing they cant guard him with PFs (Collins, Randall, Theis) This has been a good run for his confidence

Once again, he's only played 12 games this year so this is still like November as far as game time is concerned for him. Before anyone says it: yes its his fault he missed those games but still. Also, it wasn't giddiness from the ppl who back him its more of a call for patience from certain posters who have been CONSTANTLY calling him a bust. BTW that's nice of you to refer to him without any of those clever nicknames for once. I guess Ayton isnt the only one who can change huh?
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#1778 » by sunskerr » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:53 pm

I think it’s fair to say most of the people who have been calling for Ayton trades have been saying that it should only be for a star. But I think maybe people’s ability to read is probably not that great so they see “trade” and “Ayton” in the same sentence and they just sort of run with it and their mind jumps to “that meant trade Ayton at all costs!!”.

Sorry, it’s just funny to see the lack of ability to see nuance from some people. It’s like there’s some sort of short circuiting going on where key points of others peoples posts are just completely ignored in favour of responding with blanket statements.

We’re all loving Aytons play, which is obvious now. My criticisms of his offense (lack of offensive moves) still holds true but he has shown more moves after increasing his aggressiveness and that gives me hope he can get to the point where he’s making his own offense one day. His 1v1 defense is really good and if he improves his help or team defense then he instantly becomes one of the best defenders in the league.

That being said, we will still need another shot creator especially when this team starts making the playoffs, this year or next. So if the FO likes this lineup going forward of Rubio/Booker/Bridges/Saric/Ayton they should be looking for another scorer off the bench to help Oubre with that. If Oubre starts, then we need a scorer off the bench even more badly.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#1779 » by Slim Charless » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:29 am

sunskerr wrote:I think it’s fair to say most of the people who have been calling for Ayton trades have been saying that it should only be for a star. But I think maybe people’s ability to read is probably not that great so they see “trade” and “Ayton” in the same sentence and they just sort of run with it and their mind jumps to “that meant trade Ayton at all costs!!”.

Sorry, it’s just funny to see the lack of ability to see nuance from some people. It’s like there’s some sort of short circuiting going on where key points of others peoples posts are just completely ignored in favour of responding with blanket statements.

We’re all loving Aytons play, which is obvious now. My criticisms of his offense (lack of offensive moves) still holds true but he has shown more moves after increasing his aggressiveness and that gives me hope he can get to the point where he’s making his own offense one day. His 1v1 defense is really good and if he improves his help or team defense then he instantly becomes one of the best defenders in the league.

That being said, we will still need another shot creator especially when this team starts making the playoffs, this year or next. So if the FO likes this lineup going forward of Rubio/Booker/Bridges/Saric/Ayton they should be looking for another scorer off the bench to help Oubre with that. If Oubre starts, then we need a scorer off the bench even more badly.

There's any number of posts in this very thread calling Ayton a bust and ppl saying that they'd trade him any of the other guys in that top 10, among other crappy trades. The only trade that I've seen that was remotely realistic was for KAT. No one backing him is saying he's Shaq but let's not trade him for Kevin Huerter just yet.

A lack of nuance is an inability to see that its wise to hold off writing off a guy especially a big man before his 1st cpl seasons. Again, ppl who are backing him are calling for patience for a guy who has played in 11 games. It's other posters-who might better off going to the Mavs forum nitpicking one of the best young bigs in league. His impact has been undeniable and one would hope as he gets more game time and some more veteran leadership he's improves even more.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1780 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:23 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow.

Return to Phoenix Suns