Mikal Bridges discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Kerrsed, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,889

Re: Mikal Bridges discussion, news and highlights 

Post#521 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:10 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I do want him to take on more of that offensive load and be that potential 3rd guy for us, even at the expense of his efficiency. All that efficiency is great and all but at low-ish volume, it's not the asset it's made out to be. Sacrificing some efficiency for more output is something I want to see from him because efficiency is something he can always work on getting back but if he's reliant on others to set his table every time, he's just going to be a good role player when he could be more.

I think he plays the role they ask of him and that when Paul is gone he will create more of his own offense since we know he can and Cam may take more of the role he has now.

You must really like iso. I'm more of a fan of the way the SSOL teams played.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 14,879

Post#522 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I do want him to take on more of that offensive load and be that potential 3rd guy for us, even at the expense of his efficiency. All that efficiency is great and all but at low-ish volume, it's not the asset it's made out to be. Sacrificing some efficiency for more output is something I want to see from him because efficiency is something he can always work on getting back but if he's reliant on others to set his table every time, he's just going to be a good role player when he could be more.

I think he plays the role they ask of him and that when Paul is gone he will create more of his own offense since we know he can and Cam may take more of the role he has now.

When did I say I really like ISO? I've consistently been against Booker iso possessions. I just want him to take more shots. He's so damn efficient, it's almost a disservice for him not to shoot more. It's the same argument you make for Ayton to get more shots.

In his first 8 games of the season, he had 5 games with double digit attempts and no fewer than 8 attempts in every game. Since then, he's only had 3 games with double digit attempts and also 3 games where he's shot less than 8 times.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,889

Post#523 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:26 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

When did I say I really like ISO? I've consistently been against Booker iso possessions. I just want him to take more shots. He's so damn efficient, it's almost a disservice for him not to shoot more. It's the same argument you make for Ayton to get more shots.

In his first 8 games of the season, he had 5 games with double digit attempts and no fewer than 8 attempts in every game. Since then, he's only had 3 games with double digit attempts and also 3 games where he's shot less than 8 times.

Oh, my bad...when you mentioned him being reliant on others setting the table for himself I thought that meant you wanted to create more on his own (ie, iso).
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 14,879

Post#524 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Oh, my bad...when you mentioned him being reliant on others setting the table for himself I thought that meant you wanted to create more on his own (ie, iso).

I want him to take more shots in general. In terms of ISO possessions, I don't really want him to try and create off the dribble like a Book or CP3 but he can afford to take more of those pull up midrange shots. Even if he misses, it's part of his growth as a scorer and his efficiency is so high, a few missed shot isn't going to turn him into an inefficient iso ball hog. He still should take 100% of the opportunities the offense creates for him but I do want him to try and create a couple more shots per game.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though

Return to Phoenix Suns