ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,310

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#401 » by DirtyDez » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Dude couldn’t pull out of his driveway...
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#402 » by Damkac » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 pm

Book is not in team RIP Girlfriend.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#403 » by Saberestar » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Damkac
Analyst

Post#404 » by Damkac » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:34 am

I hope the point-Book experiment is ending after this season. Get good PG and play Booker like an archetype of SG. Less playmaking, more playing off the ball, more catch and shoot threes and hopefully not terrible defense.
Stats looking like 25pts 4ast 4rbs 1.5stl <3TO with 52% 2P and 37% 3P is something I hope for.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#405 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:39 am

Damkac wrote:I hope the point-Book experiment is ending after this season. Get good PG and play Booker like an archetype of SG. Less playmaking, more playing off the ball, more catch and shoot threes and hopefully not terrible defense.
Stats looking like 25pts 4ast 4rbs 1.5stl <3TO with 52% 2P and 37% 3P is something I hope for.

+1

I'm glad we got to see it and gave it a chance but I'm done with the Point Book offense.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#406 » by Saberestar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 pm

In the loss, Booker reached 5,000 career points, becoming the fifth-youngest player to reach that accomplishment.

Booker has been racking up these types of accolades for his age and he’s over it.

“I don’t care anymore,” he said. “It’s like 2,000, 3,000, 4,000 — it’s almost the same thing. Now I’m just at the point in my career where I just want to be a winner.

“I’ve done the individual accolades countless numbers of times so for me now it’s figuring out how to win and we’re not doing that right now so until we start winning that’s when all those things will matter to me.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/1817527/devin-booker-outshined-by-damian-lillard-suns-fall-to-blazers/
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#407 » by Fo-Real » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:50 pm

Saberestar wrote:
In the loss, Booker reached 5,000 career points, becoming the fifth-youngest player to reach that accomplishment.

Booker has been racking up these types of accolades for his age and he’s over it.

“I don’t care anymore,” he said. “It’s like 2,000, 3,000, 4,000 — it’s almost the same thing. Now I’m just at the point in my career where I just want to be a winner.

“I’ve done the individual accolades countless numbers of times so for me now it’s figuring out how to win and we’re not doing that right now so until we start winning that’s when all those things will matter to me.”

http://arizonasports.com/story/1817527/devin-booker-outshined-by-damian-lillard-suns-fall-to-blazers/

I wonder where he ranks in turnovers for his age to this point! Also wonder how he ranks as far as how many shots it took each in the top 5 to get there. Really wonder how he ranks in flat out unwillingness to close out on shooters, or play weak side help defense near the rim.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#408 » by bigfoot » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Western conference NBA players voted Booker as the sixth best guard in the West behind Harden, Curry, Rose, Westbrook, and Lillard. Lots of respect from the players. I guess if the coaches feel similarly he still has a chance to make it as a reserve.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2019/01/2019-Western-Conference-Guard-NBA-All-Star-Starter-Voting-Results.pdf
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,911

Post#409 » by grumpysaddle » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:06 am

bigfoot wrote:Western conference NBA players voted Booker as the sixth best guard in the West behind Harden, Curry, Rose, Westbrook, and Lillard. Lots of respect from the players. I guess if the coaches feel similarly he still has a chance to make it as a reserve.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2019/01/2019-Western-Conference-Guard-NBA-All-Star-Starter-Voting-Results.pdf

I mean... he's really good. I probably wouldn't be trying either when the team around you is constructed so, so, so poorly.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#410 » by AtheJ415 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

I wonder where he ranks in turnovers for his age to this point! Also wonder how he ranks as far as how many shots it took each in the top 5 to get there. Really wonder how he ranks in flat out unwillingness to close out on shooters, or play weak side help defense near the rim.

His assist/to ratio is very much elite for a combo guard, let alone a 22 year old, and his TS% at his volume is also very elite. The only thing you have a point on is his defense, which sucks. But for the others, you should realize Booker is up there with the best in his position and age group.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#411 » by Frank Lee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:31 pm

with schlock surrounding him....playing out of position.... not quite 100% healthy and certainly not 100% engaged. Dude is uberfrustrated and has to fight the urge to check out of games.... as he was doing last night. I dont know whats going to keep him from asking out if this sub-mediocrity-awfulness continues. I think he is the career most losing player in the league, % -wise
What ? Me Worry ?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#412 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Frank Lee wrote:with schlock surrounding him....playing out of position.... not quite 100% healthy and certainly not 100% engaged. Dude is uberfrustrated and has to fight the urge to check out of games.... as he was doing last night. I dont know whats going to keep him from asking out if this sub-mediocrity-awfulness continues. I think he is the career most losing player in the league, % -wise

People talking about it on the General Board. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1796302
GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Post#413 » by GoodBehavior » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:01 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:with schlock surrounding him....playing out of position.... not quite 100% healthy and certainly not 100% engaged. Dude is uberfrustrated and has to fight the urge to check out of games.... as he was doing last night. I dont know whats going to keep him from asking out if this sub-mediocrity-awfulness continues. I think he is the career most losing player in the league, % -wise

People talking about it on the General Board. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1796302

Booker is still young and developing. He still has a couple of years of development before he really hit his strides. Make sense for him to stay put and get a chance to develop under the radar, rather than go to a contender today and potentially hamper his development. After that point (2 years max), he's gone.

I see the same situation with KAT, who looks to be in a hopeless situation as well. Not as bad as the Suns, mind you.

I can see the same thing happening to ayton down the line. Small market teams are in trouble.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#414 » by Frank Lee » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:24 pm

That’s a flimsy silver lining.... Booker is perfecting his craft of amassing empty stats . He has virtually no idea what it’s like to play in a meaningful game.

Bad habits brewing strong here. He is regressing in leadership qualities, as well as making a claim as head whiner on practically every play. His body language is pathetic and frankly, he is acting more like a D-Bag than a team mate.

Losing is taking its toll on his psyche
What ? Me Worry ?
Damkac
Analyst

Post#415 » by Damkac » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:20 pm

I hated all this "we needs to get good now or we'll lose Booker" talk but if Suns will be terrible again next season then I will be shocked if Booker won't request a trade.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#416 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 pm

Read on Twitter
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#417 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really loved how Devin played last night. He made the right play and got his teammates plenty of opportunities. And because he deferred to his teammates, he was able to do more on the defensive end. I thought he took a big step forward last night in the leadership department. Keep at it, Devin. Eventually, you'll have teammates around you who can carry their share of the load.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#418 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:43 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really loved how Devin played last night. He made the right play and got his teammates plenty of opportunities. And because he deferred to his teammates, he was able to do more on the defensive end. I thought he took a big step forward last night in the leadership department. Keep at it, Devin. Eventually, you'll have teammates around you who can carry their share of the load.

Honestly at first my initial reaction was I thought he played terrible. Getting caught in predicable double teams, not changing tactics getting rid of the ball earlier and playing more off the ball which was something even Eddie Johnson mentioned. But after thinking about it more, I just couldn't think of what the strategy could've been with the (lack of) offensive talent that Booker was playing with. No one could create for him to get shots off the ball, no one could consistently create offense without Booker involved in the play and that's exactly what LA's plan was and it was a simple one, keep Booker possessions as low as possible and make the rest of our barely NBA rotation players beat us.

With TJ out, with Ayton out, with Melton out, we were short on offensive talent and even rotation options. I mean, we were playing guys who quite frankly shouldn't see consistent NBA minutes right now like Crawford, Okobo and a guy we literally signed from the G-League the day before.

I'm not saying I loved the way Booker played but given what we were working with and have been working with most of the season, it's tough to expect success.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#419 » by Saberestar » Fri Feb 1, 2019 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Damkac
Analyst

Post#420 » by Damkac » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:40 am

I'll be honest, if I was Booker I would request a trade now. I wouldn't blame him a bit if he does. Why waste your career on a team runned by cheap idiots?

Return to Phoenix Suns