ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,485

Re: Booker Discussion, news and highlights 

Post#761 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:03 am

Azsports77 wrote:Devin needs to go for a hundred points tomorrow lol !!!

That is impossible, no NBA player has ever scored that much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,479

Post#762 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:03 am

TouchPassDario wrote:Apparently, AD replacement has to be front court replacement. Should be Mikal.

When you’re not good for half the year then yeah it kinda affects allstar prospects. Thanks for coming to my TedTalk!

Booker is outside top75 on like every advanced metric. Trae’s numbers >>>

Lol counting stats.

Are you sure it has to be a frontcourt replacement? There are probably several backcourt players more deserving, starting with Booker. DeRozan and others. I guess it might be Ingram.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#763 » by TouchPassDario » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:05 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:Apparently, AD replacement has to be front court replacement. Should be Mikal.

When you’re not good for half the year then yeah it kinda affects allstar prospects. Thanks for coming to my TedTalk!

Lol counting stats.

Are you sure it has to be a frontcourt replacement? There are probably several backcourt players more deserving, starting with Booker. DeRozan and others. I guess it might be Ingram.

No, my post was wrong. Burns and Gambo didn’t know a thing, believe it or not! Silver picks replacement and it is any position in the conference.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#764 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:19 am

TouchPassDario wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Lol counting stats.

No, my post was wrong. Burns and Gambo didn’t know a thing, believe it or not! Silver picks replacement and it is any position in the conference.

I think he will pick Booker again. It's kind of hard to argue with the picks...between Paul it was close. I was thinking he should have made it over Zion, but pulling up Zion's #s and looking, they are impressive.

I'm a little surprised if the coaches respect Booker though, that they wouldn't take him over Zion...you'd think they'd wait a little bit for younger players.

Seems like the only other possibility might be DeRozan, who has pretty similar #s to Book (fewer points but almost double the assists, more boards, similar TS%), but Book is on the better team and seems to be who the players want (obvious by their voting too).

I think Sabonis might be the biggest snub though. The guy is averaging 21.5, 11.6, 5.7, 1, .7, with a 60% TS%. Easily the best player on 4th seed and they got no one. Probably the best passing big man next to Jokic..but great all around.

Hard to argue with east picks though. He would surely be the injury replacement in the east if there was one.
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#765 » by TouchPassDario » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:22 am

Coach votes should be made public.

I want to see who snubbed our boy
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#766 » by Wilber85 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:24 am

TBH. Booker first 15 games avg like 22 pts under 50% under 34% from 3.

Took him while to get to where he needed to be.

I am going to bet his over on Points tomorrow though!
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#767 » by grumpysaddle » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:26 am

It's crazy how coaches literally only gameplan to defend Booker by throwing double and triple teams at him every game, the Suns are 10 games over .500 and still he gets disrespected when it comes time to dub players all-star or not. It's obvious that Booker has to play by a different set of standards the way he gets almost no calls from the officials. **** the NBA.
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#768 » by Wilber85 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:28 am

I do put Booker > Mitchell. Dude FG % is under 40%
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#769 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:29 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spurs fans posting this:

Read on Twitter
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#770 » by Wilber85 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:32 am

I am sorry but DeRozan avg 19 a game and above average defense. Isn't screaming all star
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#771 » by Kerrsed » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:45 am

Once again, GET RID OF THE STUPID WESTERN/EASTERN DIVISIONS. Top teams in the entire league make the Playoffs. Top players in the entire league make the All-star Game. Quit rewarding mediocrity based on where the teams/players are located.

Easy solution/fix.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#772 » by Kerrsed » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:49 am

Read on Twitter
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,700

Post#773 » by Qwigglez » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:56 am

Kerrsed wrote:Once again, GET RID OF THE STUPID WESTERN/EASTERN DIVISIONS. Top teams in the entire league make the Playoffs. Top players in the entire league make the All-star Game. Quit rewarding mediocrity based on where the teams/players are located.

Easy solution/fix.

If they want a more competitive environment and the all-star game to mean something, then reward the conference winner of the game home court advantage in the Finals. However since no one really gains anything from the all-star game then they definitely should go away with conferences.

I think Booker will eventually replace AD though if he isn't healthy enough by the all-star game. I still don't understand the notion that Booker wasn't an all-star in previous years because the team sucked and he stat-padded but right now Luka is a starter when the Mavs are 9th place in the West, and Zion is in when the Pelicans are 11th in the West. The politics behind basketball is stupid.
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#774 » by Wilber85 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:04 am

Trae Young and Doncic are both cowards. I hate how they play and just try to draw fouls then complain!
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#775 » by spanishninja » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:05 am

Zion's numbers arent better than Book's last year when he got snubbed.
bwgood77 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I think he will pick Booker again. It's kind of hard to argue with the picks...between Paul it was close. I was thinking he should have made it over Zion, but pulling up Zion's #s and looking, they are impressive.

I'm a little surprised if the coaches respect Booker though, that they wouldn't take him over Zion...you'd think they'd wait a little bit for younger players.

Seems like the only other possibility might be DeRozan, who has pretty similar #s to Book (fewer points but almost double the assists, more boards, similar TS%), but Book is on the better team and seems to be who the players want (obvious by their voting too).

I think Sabonis might be the biggest snub though. The guy is averaging 21.5, 11.6, 5.7, 1, .7, with a 60% TS%. Easily the best player on 4th seed and they got no one. Probably the best passing big man next to Jokic..but great all around.

Hard to argue with east picks though. He would surely be the injury replacement in the east if there was one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#776 » by No-Man » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TouchPassDario wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Trae and Bam are the biggest snubs, including the West, they should have been in over Randle and Vuc

Booker surely will make it in for AD, but to me he didn't cut it as it stood now, Zion's season has just been that impressive and the Pels are mediocre but not bottom of the barrel sucky, they are going to win the equivalent of 38 games or so
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#777 » by spanishninja » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:14 am

The thing we are mad about is the inconsistency of the criteria. Last year they gave Westbrook a spot despite his slow start because Houston was the 4th seed at the time and thus was "deserving" of two allstars. Now we are the fourth best in the league and just one allstar for us.
lilfishi22 wrote:I thought Booker was a bigger snub last year (had he not made it initially) than this season. I don't think there's any argument that he wasn't as good as he was last season and honestly was bad in the first half of the season. The chemistry between him and CP3 wasn't there and we were basically a .500 team until he was forced to watch from the sidelines to see how he fit better next to CP3. Took two games for Booker to sit out for us to figure things out and since then we're 12-2.

If only one guy can get in, I'd probably wouldn't have an issue with either guys getting in and wouldn't have an issue with arguments for one or the other either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,700

Post#778 » by Qwigglez » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:15 am

Wilber85 wrote:Trae Young and Doncic are both cowards. I hate how they play and just try to draw fouls then complain!

It's funny because beginning of last year I was watching Doncic and really enjoyed his playstyle. Then as the season progressed I watched him complain more and that really bothered me. I find his game really repulsive now. That isn't the type of basketball I'm interested in watching, it's boring and not at all entertaining. Just play basketball, let the refs do their jobs and quit bitching. I've enjoyed Chris Paul this year, and even last year when I watched some Thunder games because I didn't feel he complained as much as I thought he did when he was with the Clippers.

Suns are dead last in FTAs per game in the NBA this season with 18 FTAs per game. The very next team is the Grizzlies who should 1.5 more FTAs per game, which to me is a staggering difference. We are playing a fun disciplined style of basketball, I don't think our guys bitch as much as other teams like the Lakers, Mavs, Clippers, etc.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#779 » by No-Man » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:16 am

Qwigglez wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Once again, GET RID OF THE STUPID WESTERN/EASTERN DIVISIONS. Top teams in the entire league make the Playoffs. Top players in the entire league make the All-star Game. Quit rewarding medimaocrity based on where the teams/players are located.

Easy solution/fix.

If they want a more competitive environment and the all-star game to mean something, then reward the conference winner of the game home court advantage in the Finals. However since no one really gains anything from the all-star game then they definitely should go away with conferences.

I think Booker will eventually replace AD though if he isn't healthy enough by the all-star game. I still don't understand the notion that Booker wasn't an all-star in previous years because the team sucked and he stat-padded but right now Luka is a starter when the Mavs are 9th place in the West, and Zion is in when the Pelicans are 11th in the West. The politics behind basketball is stupid.

Because apart from last year's, not going to discuss it cause Booker made it in the end so who cares, and yes he should've been in from the start over Russell Westbrook (over Ingram too but that's different because of the 3 frontcourt rule), the Suns previously sucked sucked, like truly sucked, they won 20 games, the Mavs and Pels are mediocre but they are going to win double that amount and the Mavs probably a good bit more, it's indeed different, esp when you are picking this early in the season by the way

Also Luka is a top5 player in the sport, Booker is really good but he hasn't sniffed that
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect

Post#780 » by TouchPassDario » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:19 am

Qwigglez wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:Trae Young and Doncic are both cowards. I hate how they play and just try to draw fouls then complain!

It's funny because beginning of last year I was watching Doncic and really enjoyed his playstyle. Then as the season progressed I watched him complain more and that really bothered me. I find his game really repulsive now. That isn't the type of basketball I'm interested in watching, it's boring and not at all entertaining. Just play basketball, let the refs do their jobs and quit bitching. I've enjoyed Chris Paul this year, and even last year when I watched some Thunder games because I didn't feel he complained as much as I thought he did when he was with the Clippers.

Suns are dead last in FTAs per game in the NBA this season with 18 FTAs per game. The very next team is the Grizzlies who should 1.5 more FTAs per game, which to me is a staggering difference. We are playing a fun disciplined style of basketball, I don't think our guys bitch as much as other teams like the Lakers, Mavs, Clippers, etc.

I would like us to get more FTs (drive more aggressively), but it may actually benefit us more in postseason to not have to rely on whistles (get tighter in postseason).

Return to Phoenix Suns