Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: The 2018 Fantasy Thread 

Post#201 » by Kerrsed » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:09 am

Damn Tankers!

I was in last place in the Dynasty damn near all season, but somehow within the past month pulled into 9th....despite desperately needing a guy like Zion on my team! UGH!

My Big 3 of Lebron/Wade/CP3 Dominated the first few seasons, but that crumbled rather quickly. Wade is now gone...CP3 looks to be a shell of his former self (Specially with Harden next to him taking all the stats). My team is in trouble!

Now with that being said, im am extremely happy with how my Premier League team turned out! Despite having a late pick and not making any trades, finishing in 2nd place is pretty good! Took a major gamble drafting 2 rookies (Ayton/Young) pretty high, but i think that majorly paid off in the end as they were some of my strongest stat fillers . Paul George killed it this season and ended up much higher than i drafted him at (According to Yahoo he ended up as the 4th best player and i got him at #12). Mitchell was...eh. He didnt live up to his drafted position. Griffin was outstanding... and despite being held out a bit longer than i expected Cousins gave me a much needed stat boost when he came back.

Somehow i also ended up with 4 Lakers on my team. Ball was a bust, but Rondo/Mcgee served me well.

I also fell in love with Jerami Grant's game. Never seen a SF rack up the amount of blocks that he does. 100 on the season (My second highest player with blocks).

All in all it was a fun season in both leagues.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#202 » by Kerrsed » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:14 am

Final Standings

Dynasty League

Premier League

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,537

Post#203 » by Qwigglez » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:20 am

I likely would have finished better had I been paying attention. I think I missed a handful of Booker games where he produced well, along with Giannis.
Made a terrible trade in Premier that even at the time I didn’t really wanna do but I said eff it and did it anyway.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#204 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:41 am

Congrats BW on the premier league.

Hat tip to Mathias I thought you were going to beat me in the dynasty league. My team is good but the stupid Davis situation and lots of injuries almost derailed me after the all star break. I'm happier about this championship than some money leagues I've won in football.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#205 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:51 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Congrats BW on the premier league.

Hat tip to Mathias I thought you were going to beat me in the dynasty league. My team is good but the stupid Davis situation and lots of injuries almost derailed me after the all star break. I'm happier about this championship more than some money leagues I've won in football.

Congrats to you to. Winning premier feels good. It seems like I moved up twice only to get relegated immediately twice...or maybe I just got relegated immediately the first time and barely escaped it last season. It always seemed extremely competitive.

I thought Mathias might catch me too only because Jrue got injured with like 15 games left and was out the rest of the way, and LaVine the last 10 or so. Pretty amazing Jrue ranked 20th this season despite being out down the stretch. I also got some nice late picks, and DeRozan was WAY better than I could have anticipated. I didn't know he was as good of a playmaker as he is. Ingles never put up great numbers but solid in areas like 3s and assists, so he finished high as well...like mid 40s...same with Horford..ranked right next to him.

And Towns was a monster...finishing 3rd..was kind of wishing I took Jokic instead in the draft, but Jokic finished 5th.

And
Kerrsed wrote:.
George finished 2nd if you filter players by totals, which you should, instead of averages. Averages won't account for the games they missed.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#206 » by MathiasPW » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:48 am

Hat tip to Mathias I thought you were going to beat me in the dynasty league. My team is good but the stupid Davis situation and lots of injuries almost derailed me after the all star break. I'm happier about this championship than some money leagues I've won in football.

This felt like the Artest putback.

So many last minute write offs, I ended up with 5 games left on C and 2 on G spots.

It cost me the season.

Congratulations Weeka. Was the closest race I've had since starting with fantasy leagues a few years ago.

Congrats to BW too, told you the drama about not finishing 1st place was unnecessary. You almost lead coast to coast, but I at least managed to be 1st for a few days there. Only to be surpassed by an amazing last weeks sprint from Kerrsed

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#207 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:28 pm

MathiasPW wrote:

So many last minute write offs, I ended up with 5 games left on C and 2 on G spots.

It cost me the season.

Congratulations Weeka. Was the closest race I've had since starting with fantasy leagues a few years ago.

Congrats to BW too, told you the drama about not finishing 1st place was unnecessary. You almost lead coast to coast, but I at least managed to be 1st for a few days there. Only to be surpassed by an amazing last weeks sprint from Kerrsed

If qwigglz got 4 blocks or 9 3s you would have beat me. I was desperately chasing blocks the final week and failed at it and then damn near lost a point on 3s for my troubles. Season couldn't end soon enough for my team, another couple days and I was beat.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 868

Post#208 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Congratulations Bwgood77 !

I'm a little sad to see resident fantasy guru Tastic finish last and be relegated out of the league.

Team KJG finished in a 3-way tie for 5th place in the Premier League, so I will see you all again next season!
ImageImage
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#209 » by bigfoot » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:32 am

Kerrsed wrote:Damn Tankers!

I was in last place in the Dynasty damn near all season, but somehow within the past month pulled into 9th....despite desperately needing a guy like Zion on my team! UGH!

My Big 3 of Lebron/Wade/CP3 Dominated the first few seasons, but that crumbled rather quickly. Wade is now gone...CP3 looks to be a shell of his former self (Specially with Harden next to him taking all the stats). My team is in trouble!

Been hospitalized from March 24 to April 5th so I wasn't able to fix my dynasty team over the last few weeks. This my first post since the docs set me free. I know it looks like a tank job but I'm lucky to be even posting on the board at all.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 687

Post#210 » by Kyler Murray » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:15 am

bigfoot wrote:

Been hospitalized from March 24 to April 5th so I wasn't able to fix my dynasty team over the last few weeks. This my first post since the docs set me free. I know it looks like a tank job but I'm lucky to be even posting on the board at all.

Found it funny that your nickname is suns forum anti-tank commander :lol:
hope you're well man!
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,537

Post#211 » by Qwigglez » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:33 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:

It cost me the season.

If qwigglz got 4 blocks or 9 3s you would have beat me. I was desperately chasing blocks the final week and failed at it and then damn near lost a point on 3s for my troubles. Season couldn't end soon enough for my team, another couple days and I was beat.

Yeah I’m really bad about setting my lineups, usually I’m the beginning of the season I just set my 9 players and 3 bench players and don’t rotate them. They get injuries and I forget to adjust so after the all-star break I just kept starting all active players but then forget to set my weekly lineup and miss out on key players such as Giannis and Bookers two 50 point performances. Anyway I ended the season with about 18 missed games. I’m not sure how much improvement I would have made had I played a maximum amount of games.

Congrats on the win though, you have a solid team. I’m not sure on all my keepers yet, but you seem to have a 8-man core.
My keepers for now... Giannis, Booker, Drummond, Lavine, Ingles. Probably Collison, McGee, and then I’m unsure of Okafor (depends if AD stays in NO), RJackson, Redick, Bogdanovic, Batum.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#212 » by Kerrsed » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:11 am

bigfoot wrote:

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Hope everything is better or at least as good as it can be.

Honestly i didnt even bother looking at who ended up after me. I just know my team was trash all season then all of a sudden i somehow passed like 7 people in the last 3 weeks despite having a handful of players i was kinda forced to pick up that have no business ever being on anybodys fantasy team. For the love of god i had Bryn Forbes on my team! FORBES! I bet half the forum cant even tell you what team he plays for without looking it up! I had to pick up PJ F'N TUCKER just to help get some damn steals!

But anyways, hope you fell better and get back to your normal self soon!
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#213 » by sunskerr » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm

I skyrocketed from one of the bottom feeders (11/12/13th) all year up to 6th place within the last month or so in the d league so I was pleased with that after an absolutely awful start. That’s sort of also my gripe with roto , is that I believe I was one of the best teams easily down the stretch, with largely the same team I had at the beginning of the year but it essentially means nothing.

I have to say I’m underwhelmed by Jokic. He’s a good player but he’s deficient in the two hardest cats to find which are points and blocks. Probably will try to avoid drafting him IF I play next year, provided an equivalent option is still on the board.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Post#214 » by TASTIC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Congrats to the winners! Never easy winning a title.

I wasn't actively tanking in any league, just lost basically 4 of my top 5 picks and other bonus guys (Levert, Val) to really long injuries in the prem league and just couldn't peg it back with fill in guys.

Dynasty was fun, despite Tobias being dealt to Philly and losing some value along with Allen falling off a cliff after the good start. Nabbed some guys off the scrap-heap in Delon Wright and Caboclo who showed a little something, should be keepers.

Had John Wall in both premier AND dynasty, ugh.

I think I'll retire from the single season leagues but will try and come back for dynasty. Baby's due in 2 weeks so they'll take up a chunk of my off-season prep I'm sure.

Been good fun competing against so many knowledgeable fantasy players in the Prem league, it's always one of the 1-2 most competitive leagues I'm in. Been in the league since 2005, yikes. Won it 2009, 2014 and 2016, I'll take that. Shout-out to Aaron Brooks in 09-10 who helped me beat b-ball forever 75 to 74.5 when he averaged 20-3-5 out of nowhere!

Bring on the draft for the dynasty league, John Wall and Jarrett Allen on the block, after a wing...
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Post#215 » by TASTIC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm

sunskerr wrote:I skyrocketed from one of the bottom feeders (11/12/13th) all year up to 6th place within the last month or so in the d league so I was pleased with that after an absolutely awful start. That’s sort of also my gripe with roto , is that I believe I was one of the best teams easily down the stretch, with largely the same team I had at the beginning of the year but it essentially means nothing.

I have to say I’m underwhelmed by Jokic. He’s a good player but he’s deficient in the two hardest cats to find which are points and blocks. Probably will try to avoid drafting him IF I play next year, provided an equivalent option is still on the board.

Points are the easiest along with rebounds/3s. And Jokic averaged 20.1pts a game - hardly deficient when he's so above average in FG, FT, REB, AST and STL/3PT for a C. Just means you need to find a BLK guy elsewhere, but 0.7 isn't that bad.

Hardest stats are BLK then STL, but I always find the percentages the trickiest to manage in roto...
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#216 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:12 pm

TASTIC wrote:Congrats to the winners! Never easy winning a title.

I wasn't actively tanking in any league, just lost basically 4 of my top 5 picks and other bonus guys (Levert, Val) to really long injuries in the prem league and just couldn't peg it back with fill in guys.

Dynasty was fun, despite Tobias being dealt to Philly and losing some value along with Allen falling off a cliff after the good start. Nabbed some guys off the scrap-heap in Delon Wright and Caboclo who showed a little something, should be keepers.

Had John Wall in both premier AND dynasty, ugh.

I think I'll retire from the single season leagues but will try and come back for dynasty. Baby's due in 2 weeks so they'll take up a chunk of my off-season prep I'm sure.

Been good fun competing against so many knowledgeable fantasy players in the Prem league, it's always one of the 1-2 most competitive leagues I'm in. Been in the league since 2005, yikes. Won it 2009, 2014 and 2016, I'll take that. Shout-out to Aaron Brooks in 09-10 who helped me beat b-ball forever 75 to 74.5 when he averaged 20-3-5 out of nowhere!

Bring on the draft for the dynasty league, John Wall and Jarrett Allen on the block, after a wing...
Good luck with the new baby! My wife had our second kid early this season. If it's your first I'd say just survive that first month or so and it usually gets easier. If your second I'd say it takes a minute to adjust to having two but it was easier than the first because you know what you're doing this time.

Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#217 » by Golanator » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:26 pm

Finished 4th in both Dynasty and G-League so...yay?
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#218 » by MathiasPW » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:22 am

Very good job for a 1st season of Fantasy , Golanator.

Ir I remember well you went with a team of youngsters in the G League. That was bold. 4th is a good outcome
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 868

Post#219 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Yahoo has opened registration for the 2019-20 fantasy basketball season.

Time to renew the Premier League!

I'm in for next season.
ImageImage
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#220 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:42 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Final Standings

Dynasty League

Premier League