Game 15: OKC Thunder (9-5) at S Phoenix Suns (3-11), Sat, 11/17, 7 PM MST

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Re: Game 15: OKC Thunder (9-5) at S Phoenix Suns (3-11), Sat, 11/17, 7 PM MST 

Post#301 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:35 am

sleepyvato wrote:Booker needs to stop passing the ball so much and start making his shots. He's already an atrocious defender, if he can't be our go to scorer then he's **** useless. Max money my **** ass, overrated bum.

No, his assists the last two games have made us more competitive, because it gets others going, and tonight he had 12 assists to 1 turnover. It also gives him more open looks.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#302 » by Revived » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:36 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Midnight_Suns wrote:I like Ayton but it takes some serious rose colored glasses to not be very concerned about his rim protection. You have to play that side of the floor to be an impactful center in today's NBA.

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app

Well we all knew that coming in, or most of us should have. It was very frustrating watching him last year at AZ when he didn't do it. He has made strides in other areas defensively. I"m not that disappointed with him because I knew what we were getting when we drafted him.

No a lot of people here made excuses for him saying that he was only bad at protecting the rim in college because he was playing PF and that he would be a good rim protector in the pros as long as he plays C.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate
And1: 516

Post#303 » by sleepyvato » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:38 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sleepyvato wrote:Booker needs to stop passing the ball so much and start making his shots. He's already an atrocious defender, if he can't be our go to scorer then he's **** useless. Max money my **** ass, overrated bum.

No, his assists the last two games have made us more competitive, because it gets others going, and tonight he had 11 assists to 1 turnover. It also gives him more open looks.

'
I don't give a **** about his assists, he's a **** shooting guard, so he needs to act like it instead of some wanna be James Harden.

All that money and he can't even lead the Suns to two straight wins. :lol:
Revived
RealGM

Post#304 » by Revived » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:39 am

Qwigglez wrote:Next game will be a good match up with Ayton vs Embiid.

Embiid’s gonna try for 40 at the minimum.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#305 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:39 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Midnight_Suns wrote:I like Ayton but it takes some serious rose colored glasses to not be very concerned about his rim protection. You have to play that side of the floor to be an impactful center in today's NBA.

Well we all knew that coming in, or most of us should have. It was very frustrating watching him last year at AZ when he didn't do it. He has made strides in other areas defensively. I"m not that disappointed with him because I knew what we were getting when we drafted him.

No a lot of people here made excuses for him saying that he was only bad at protecting the rim in college because he was playing PF and that he would be a good rim protector in the pros as long as he plays C.

I know, but McD and people who watched him at UA would have known this.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#306 » by darealjuice » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:39 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Literally no one said he was going to be a good rim protector from day one lol
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,173

Post#307 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:40 am

sleepyvato wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

No, his assists the last two games have made us more competitive, because it gets others going, and tonight he had 11 assists to 1 turnover. It also gives him more open looks.

'
I don't give a **** about his assists, he's a **** shooting guard, so he needs to act like it instead of some wanna be James Harden.

All that money and he can't even lead the Suns to two straight wins.
Go take a cold shower. You're raging way too hard.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#308 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:40 am

sleepyvato wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

'

I like team ball more than Melo/Iverson/Kobe ball. They trap him if he's just trying to score and it leads to tons of turnovers and he can't shoot anyway. This will ultimately give him more open looks. I am glad he is developing this, especially tonight when he can limit the turnovers.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#309 » by sleepyvato » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:41 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
sleepyvato wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

'

I'm good. Just venting my frustration out on the guy that deserves it the most, especially after getting paid like a superstar when he isn't one.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate

Post#310 » by sleepyvato » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sleepyvato wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

'

I like team ball more than Melo/Iverson/Kobe ball. They trap him if he's just trying to score and it leads to tons of turnovers and he can't shoot anyway. This will ultimately give him more open looks. I am glad he is developing this, especially tonight when he can limit the turnovers.

5-15 isn't going to cut it when he's being payed like a superstar.

Booker deserves nothing but criticism for his poor season so far.
MrMiyagi

Post#311 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 am

sleepyvato wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:
sleepyvato wrote:'

I'm good. Just venting my frustration out on the guy that deserves it the most, especially after getting paid like a superstar when he isn't one.
K
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Revived
RealGM

Post#312 » by Revived » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 am

darealjuice wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Okay, I hope he shows progress throughout the season but it certainly hasn’t been there so far.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#313 » by KLEON » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:42 am

Revived wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Next game will be a good match up with Ayton vs Embiid.

Embiid’s gonna try for 40 at the minimum.

50 minimum, 60 max. Embiid has been waiting for this game since they compared him to Ayton
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#314 » by Jdiddy701 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:43 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Overall I think he's played well though.

I agree, Ayton has been played very well, despite his defense. He’s not that bad of a defender guarding his own man, where he needs to improve is his help side defense. He’s a rookie. We can’t expect him to have it all.

He’s been better than I expected coming into his rookie year. I can’t wait to see him 3-4 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Revived
RealGM

Post#315 » by Revived » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:45 am

OKC sweeping is 3-0 with Westbrook not even playing in any of the games (iirc) is pretty embarrassing.

I hope they can learn from it. I liked the effort for the most part but just a lot of dumb and low IQ plays were made tonight by the Suns.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#316 » by KLEON » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:46 am

JellyRolling wrote:
KLEON wrote:Charmin(AYTON) and Booker straight up gave away this game. Charmin is getting on my nerves with his CLUELESS defense and how extremely soft he is. I'm starting to question if Booker even gives a damn about playing for this team

Charmin so always be occupied for the one and only Channing Frye.

He makes Frye look like Mutombo
MrMiyagi

Post#317 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:46 am

darealjuice wrote:
Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I'll take this one. I thought he'd be better at protecting the rim if he moved to Center. He needs to get better at challenging shots. He's still a rookie - no matter how grown man he looks - and I'm incredibly happy with what he's done so far this season.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#318 » by LukasBMW » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:49 am

Why no Okobo this game???? We needed more offense and he is the kind of spark plug that could have broken the game open in the 2nd, or helped us keep up in the 3rd.

Okobo is better then Melton. Why not use him?
MrMiyagi

Post#319 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:50 am

Revived wrote:OKC sweeping is 3-0 with Westbrook not even playing in any of the games (iirc) is pretty embarrassing.

I hope they can learn from it. I liked the effort for the most part but just a lot of dumb and low IQ plays were made tonight by the Suns.
Honestly, the only low IQ plays I truly recall are Canaan's end of quarter blunders and Jackson's "I got the steal, I'm gonna score!" moment. If you want to include the inbounds to TJ, I won't object, but mostly I just felt like a lot of our good looks weren't falling tonight.
Revived
RealGM

Post#320 » by Revived » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:51 am

I’m glad Bender got mins over Anderson today.

Return to Phoenix Suns