ImageImageImage

Kelly Oubre news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

How has Oubre performed in regards to your expectations for him so far this season?

Exceeded my expectations
54%
About where I expected him to perform
43%
Subpar performance so far
3%

Total votes: 35

Slim Charless
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Re: Kelly Oubre news and highlights 

Post#181 » by Slim Charless » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well I hope that when we trade him to Chicago or Orlando this offseason that guy gets Kelly a massive contract.
darmani
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,012

Post#182 » by darmani » Sat May 2, 2020 8:41 am

"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Revived
RealGM
And1: 11,837

Post#183 » by Revived » Sat May 2, 2020 12:45 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes. I like Oubre but paying him even half of what Tobias Harris got would be a huge mistake.

Sixers are living that mistake right now.
ImNotMcDiSwear
Head Coach
And1: 4,514

Post#184 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sat May 2, 2020 5:05 pm

Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes. I like Oubre but paying him even half of what Tobias Harris got would be a huge mistake.

Half would be a bargain, though I'm not sure what the new contract landscape will look like next summer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,396

Post#185 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 3, 2020 2:20 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Revived wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Half would be a bargain, though I'm not sure what the new contract landscape will look like next summer.

No, that's still way too much. What he makes now is ok only because it is two years. Otherwise it would be an overpay. Can't hand out near $20 million contracts to average flashy players. Love his energy but we just need upgrades if we plan to go anywhere.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 3,975

Post#186 » by bigfoot » Sun May 3, 2020 1:57 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Revived wrote:Yikes. I like Oubre but paying him even half of what Tobias Harris got would be a huge mistake.

No, that's still way too much. What he makes now is ok only because it is two years. Otherwise it would be an overpay. Can't hand out near $20 million contracts to average flashy players. Love his energy but we just need upgrades if we plan to go anywhere.

The NBA CBA has a "force majeure" clause that allows salaries to be adjusted if games are canceled. I don't know what type of clause there is for playing games without in-person fans. Really I don't see how existing salaries are going to hold up. There is no way in the world games with fans are going to be held within the next year, maybe two. I don't think the owners will be able to continue to pay existing salaries as-is without fans.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 11,553

Post#187 » by lilfishi22 » Wed May 6, 2020 12:47 am

This offseason (whenever it starts) is going to be interesting. With a massive source of revenue dropping from no fans in arenas (ticket sales, food and bev etc), likely considerable drop in in-store and online merch sales and teams really only being propped up by existing TV deals, it's hard to see teams not looking to cut costs. Cutting cost would include not signing players to massive deals.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
Ghost of Kleine
Veteran
And1: 793

Post#189 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:05 am

https://arizonasports.com/story/2307621/the-5-changes-questions-with-kelly-oubre-jr-out-for-suns-in-orlando/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Any thoughts on the potential implications of this? Would the good news be that as it limits his further exposure, In turn, it might be to our benefit somewhat in that it might suppress any further potential interest in him with respect to his impending 2021 free agency? Could this save us some money towards being able to resign him?

Return to Phoenix Suns