ImageImageImage

Game 45 : Phoenix Suns (11-33) @ Indiana Pacers (28-14), Tuesday, Jan 15, 5:00PM MST

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,439

Re: Game 45 : Phoenix Suns (11-33) @ Indiana Pacers (28-14), Tuesday, Jan 15, 5:00PM MST 

Post#141 » by Revived » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:24 am

Booker and Towns had a wager on which one of them would get blown out by more tonight.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Re: Game 45 : Phoenix Suns (11-33) @ Indiana Pacers (28-14), Tuesday, Jan 15, 5:00PM MST 

Post#142 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:26 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Idk man. We're going to lose by 30. Not sure prime MJ would have won us the game tonight.

We just beat the best team in the west, after playing the Mavs tough for a half until they got every call imaginable, and before that game, beat the Kings...without Booker.

Anyway, rookies are playing very well, Oubre had a career game, players have been engaged, we had our first 4 game winning streak in 4 years (first since Booker was on the team)...things have looked a lot better this year overall, despite no starting caliber PG, 3 rookies starting and a brutal schedule in the most stacked west ever.

We will have some bad games..all teams do. Booker will take heat because he is about to make over $30 million a year and struggles to lead the team to wins on a consistent basis, but a lot of people like to blame anything else when he's playing poorly.

Seems to me like everyone is blaming Booker. But maybe I'm reading a different message board than you.

Booker sucks tonight, but so does everyone else.

I guess I'm reading here and on twitter. Yes, Booker did not play well and a lot of others as well. Indy's a very good team, but we shouldn't have lost this bad.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#143 » by KLEON » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:28 am

RaisingArizona wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:The Suns play so much better without Booker narrative sounds nice until you look up their record and realize that they suck even worse without him. A 1 or two game sample size doesn't mean ****. Booker is 4-10 tonight coming off an injury. You act like he's took 40 shots. Igor should be able to get the guys to play hard but he doesn't because he's **** horrible.

That 4-10 (Now 4-11) is on the offensive end. How many points has he given up on the defensive end? Once you find out you will realize that the 4-11 number isnt the only way he crippled us tonight.

Idk man. We're going to lose by 30. Not sure prime MJ would have won us the game tonight.

He would've told everyone on the Suns to get the F out the way and take over this game both offensively and defensively and get us this W with ease
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#144 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:29 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:the entire team is playing like doodoo because ball stopper Booker is playing. They weren't playing like doodoo when he weren't there. Booker is a worse teammate than Marbury or Austin Rivers or Shannon Brown.

Nash made his teammates better, Booker makes his teammates feces.

SuperSunsFan wrote:What do you call Austin Rivers when you have him a $158 mill contract? Evin Booker

I said enough already. This is blatant trolling. Enjoy some time off.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#145 » by SuperSunsFan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:the entire team is playing like doodoo because ball stopper Booker is playing. They weren't playing like doodoo when he weren't there. Booker is a worse teammate than Marbury or Austin Rivers or Shannon Brown.

SuperSunsFan wrote:What do you call Austin Rivers when you have him a $158 mill contract? Evin Booker

I said enough already. This is blatant trolling. Enjoy some time off.

stating facts is trolling?
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#146 » by bigfoot » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:Only way Booker can help the Suns win is if he blows his knees. Not having him on the team is addition by subtraction, can't wait the day when this rich man's Austin rivers got traded.

What a worthless post
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#147 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:32 am

RaisingArizona wrote:lol Bender. What a damn waste of a roster spot you are

It is sad that we can not play at all our starting (Anderson) and backup (Bender) PFs all season long.

What a roster...****.

PGs : Melton / Okobo. They are not good now and probably not even in the future, but at least they are cheap, so we can pay to other great players like Chandler, Arthur or Rivers...

PFs : Anderson /Bender

Then, we need to play Book at PG and Warren at PF out of necessity.
SwingMan1938
Junior
And1: 246

Post#148 » by SwingMan1938 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:34 am

Take the ball right the f**k out of Booker's hands - now. Even Melton has shown more capability as a playmaker.

No, the loss isn't all on Booker - but he sure as hell tossed one big f**king monkey in the wrench.

Someone here mentioned easing Booker back into the swing by having him come off the bench - I agree wholeheartedly. Dude's inked for massive money next year, he'd better take whatever role he gets, as what he's doing now won't work. He's never been 100% healthy to boot, so take the slow freight and bring him back gradually.

I imagine there's a fair amount of frustration going on with Kokoskov - what's going on now is like if you try drinking half a gallon of strawberry Quik without the milk.....
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#149 » by bigfoot » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:40 am

SwingMan1938 wrote:Take the ball right the f**k out of Booker's hands - now. Even Melton has shown more capability as a playmaker.

No, the loss isn't all on Booker - but he sure as hell tossed one big f**king monkey in the wrench.

Someone here mentioned easing Booker back into the swing by having him come off the bench - I agree wholeheartedly. Dude's inked for massive money next year, he'd better take whatever role he gets, as what he's doing now won't work. He's never been 100% healthy to boot, so take the slow freight and bring him back gradually.

I imagine there's a fair amount of frustration going on with Kokoskov - what's going on now is like if you try drinking half a gallon of strawberry Quik without the milk.....

Hmmm ... apparently you missed the part where Melton actually ran the offense when Booker was on the floor with him. Booker deferred mightily to Melton in terms of ball handling and starting the offense until Koko went point Book for part of the game.

The whole team shot like crap from 2, 3, and the free throw line. They turned it over 19 times. It was a team effort.
SwingMan1938
Junior
And1: 246

Post#150 » by SwingMan1938 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:44 am

bigfoot wrote:
SwingMan1938 wrote:Take the ball right the f**k out of Booker's hands - now. Even Melton has shown more capability as a playmaker.

Hmmm ... apparently you missed the part where Melton actually ran the offense when Booker was on the floor with him. Booker deferred mightily to Melton in terms of ball handling and starting the offense until Koko went point Book for part of the game.

The whole team shot like crap from 2, 3, and the free throw line. They turned it over 19 times. It was a team effort.

Hmmm - maybe you missed the part where I clearly stated "No, the loss isn't all on Booker - but he sure as hell tossed one big f**king monkey in the wrench.".

Now - how did "Point Book" look tonight? I saw, but I'd like to know what you think you saw.....
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#151 » by Kerrsed » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:45 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:when the Suns lose it's all Booker's fault even though the entire team is playing like doodoo. when the Suns win one without booker (even though they lose without him far more often), Booker is the problem still. The entire team has put up a goose egg tonight.

the entire team is playing like doodoo because ball stopper Booker is playing. They weren't playing like doodoo when he weren't there. Booker is a worse teammate than Marbury or Austin Rivers or Shannon Brown.

Booker was off the floor for like... half the first half, and they sucked then too. Booker took like... 12 shots? He didn't dribble the air out of the ball. If the other players don't put effort in when Booker plays, then it's not on Booker, it's on them.

Yeah, he was in, we went down 30, he got taken out and we cut the lead to 10.

People need to quit just thinking about just the offensive end when it comes to Booker. Bad shooting night? Sure. Killed ball movement? A bit, wasnt as bad as most nights as Melton did handle the ball a lot more than he has in the past, so maybe Booker is learning from his time out. Played horrible defense and let whoever he was on score at will? Absolutely. A teams defense is only as good as its weakest link, and Booker is a major weak link in that area. When Booker sits, our defense is tight and together....even with Ayton in the middle. Its why when Booker was out we were in the game almost the entire time, didnt have huge 30 point deficits in the 1st quarter, and just flowed better as a team. You could see the disappointment in players faces when they play solid defense for 15 seconds...only for Bookers man to get the ball and easily score. You had Collison and Evans and Joseph constantly switch defenders until Book was on them. The reason? Weak link.

Fact is even in games where Booker is doing great offensively, we still lose due to his defensive limitations, but on bad shooting nights like tonight, its just another blowout.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#152 » by darealjuice » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:48 am

Feels like I'm reading the general board right now lol
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#153 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:50 am

Read on Twitter
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#154 » by suns12345 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:53 am

KLEON wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:This is the 1st game of the season i have turned off. After that unforced turnover between Melton and Bridges, im done.

Me too

Yep same...
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#155 » by Kerrsed » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:54 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tight back...probably the reason for the poor shooting tonight. We have to just let him sit and get healthy. I know he wants to play asap, but man, when your hurt sometimes you end up hurting your team more than you help.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#156 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:55 am

This is probably why Oubre was 1/6 at the line tonight:
Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#157 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:56 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope he was healthy..but it doesn't sound like it. Not sure what to say but if he is still ailing, but I think he needs to be at full strength or things will just get worse with his injuries again and of course it will be tougher for him to play and shoot well.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#158 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:57 am

Kerrsed wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:

Booker was off the floor for like... half the first half, and they sucked then too. Booker took like... 12 shots? He didn't dribble the air out of the ball. If the other players don't put effort in when Booker plays, then it's not on Booker, it's on them.

Yeah, he was in, we went down 30, he got taken out and we cut the lead to 10.

People need to quit just thinking about just the offensive end when it comes to Booker. Bad shooting night? Sure. Killed ball movement? A bit, wasnt as bad as most nights as Melton did handle the ball a lot more than he has in the past, so maybe Booker is learning from his time out. Played horrible defense and let whoever he was on score at will? Absolutely. A teams defense is only as good as its weakest link, and Booker is a major weak link in that area. When Booker sits, our defense is tight and together....even with Ayton in the middle. Its why when Booker was out we were in the game almost the entire time, didnt have huge 30 point deficits in the 1st quarter, and just flowed better as a team. You could see the disappointment in players faces when they play solid defense for 15 seconds...only for Bookers man to get the ball and easily score. You had Collison and Evans and Joseph constantly switch defenders until Book was on them. The reason? Weak link.

Fact is even in games where Booker is doing great offensively, we still lose due to his defensive limitations, but on bad shooting nights like tonight, its just another blowout.

Yeah suns just made a major mistake signing him to that kind of money.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#159 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:59 am

I'm at fault too for the loss...was too busy to do a game thread and get the Good Luck Charm in there...and Inbar Lavi was a nice charm in her first game with a big win over Denver who was the top team in the west.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#160 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:01 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope he was healthy..but it doesn't sound like it. Not sure what to say but if he is still ailing, but I think he needs to be at full strength or things will just get worse with his injuries again and of course it will be tougher for him to play and shoot well.

Yeah, that is true.

I love his demeanor and his desire to play every game, but it can be a great idea to rest him against the Raptors.

We will see.

Return to Phoenix Suns