Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Nashty & Cactus: Game 45 vs Pacers 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:53 am

Standings

Raw Scores

How it works:
Spoiler:
Anyone can vote for the 3-2-1 (including other fans from other forums) but you can only vote for the Suns players (or coach).

3 votes to who you think was a the best Suns player.
2 for the second best
and 1 for the 3rd best.

**EDIT: as of January something-or-other 2017, you can now distribute votes for the Nashty and Cactus however you please. You have a total of 6 votes to give out, but now you have the freedom to do what you want with those 6. The only condition which applies is no more than 3 votes can be given to one player in either award. **

In the event of a Suns loss, you are also encouraged to vote for the Cactus of the game:

-3 votes for the player most responsible for the loss
-2 votes for the second most responsible
-1 for the third most responsible

Any votes with more than 3 players listed and not in the required format will not count. Voting will close before the start of the next Suns game.

After the thread closes, the votes will be tallied. The highest scoring total Sun gets 3 points, the next 2, and the third gets 1 point towards their season total. In the event of a tie in a count for a game, if the result of the game is a Suns win, a maximum of 4 players will be awarded points. A tie in the event of a loss will only result in a maximum of 3 players getting awarded points.

The player with the highest total at season's end wins the award!

The same applies for the Cactus of the Year, although of course the lowest tally at year's end takes it.

10+1 Game update wooooooo

bat, where u been?
Making a new scoring system that automatically pushes all y'all scores into the spreadsheet

Why'd it take so long for an update?
I put it down to growing pains, trying to make this thing work better

How does it work?
It tallies everyone's scores and then normalizes them. From there it distributes the scores for the game based on these normalized vote tallies.

Has anything changed in the way I vote?
Not really. Of course, the more standard and consistent the voting style, the better for me to handle. It's still in development so I will begin to handle less standard styles of voting with time.

What are the scoring rules?
Same as usual. We've stopped allowing voting for coach in the official vote as it messes with the consistency of the scoring system. As has always been the case - you cannot give any player in either award a vote bigger than +/-3. If you do, I just cap it at +/- 3.

However you'll now see in the spreadsheet that players are getting decimal scores and now some players are getting scores higher than 3. That's due to the game scaling. The standard score total to hand out is 6. In wins, that goes up, in losses that goes down. And vice versa for the Cactus.

HOWEVER this doesn't affect they way you vote for players- you still get only 6 votes in either award. The scaling comes after the votes are tallied.

Officially, the scores being given out in either award are calculated like this:

6 + 2*(margin/30)

Josh Jackson got a -4.1, whaaaaaaaat?
-6 + 2*-(30/30) = -8
Suns lost by 30 so there were 8 Cactii to give out. Josh just happened to get a majority of them.

How accurate is this new app?
As accurate as a human doing it. Because well, it's still a manual process. I confirm/edit each post's votes to make sure they are correct. It just happens to make things much quicker.

+1.5 Ayton
+1.5 Holmes
+1.5 Oubre
+1.5 Warren

None of the above great but most shot well outside of free throws for Oubre but he helped more in other areas.

-3 Booker
-2 Jackson
-1 Melton

Bridges uncharacteristic with 4 turnovers but played fairly solid D and hit his few shots. I hate turnovers but the above 3 had 3-5 each as well, and had problems in other areas.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Re: Nashty & Cactus: Game 45 vs Pacers 

Post#2 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:05 am

-1 Melton
-1 Booker
-1 Okobo
-1 Jackson
-1 Acy
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#3 » by KLEON » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:41 am

+2 Oubre

-6 Booker
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#4 » by Damkac » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:41 pm

+2 Holmes
+2 Oubre
+1 Warren
+1 Ayton

-3 Booker
-2 Jackson
-1 Melton
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#5 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:42 pm

+2 holmes
+2 Oubre
+1 ayton

-4 booker
-2 melton
-1 jackson
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#6 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:05 pm

I was fortunate in that I only got to watch the first quarter. My boy Melton didn't bring the energy. Nobody did, but my expectations for him are higher, given that he doesn't have much else to offer at this point. -1 Melton.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#7 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:11 pm

Didn't watch the 2nd half of the game but why hasn't Ayton not get any Cactus votes? One of the worst +/- on the team, wasn't efficient offensively and didn't rebound all that well either.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns