ImageImageImage

Game 76: Washington Wizards (30-45) at Phoenix Suns (17-58), Wednesday, Mar 27, 10PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Re: Game 76: Washington Wizards (30-45) at Phoenix Suns (17-58), Wednesday, Mar 27, 10PM 

Post#181 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:08 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:Why is the shot not going to Booker? Sigh

Because everyone in the goddamn world (arena and Tv) were goddamn sure Booker would get the ball so EVERYBODY GUARDED HIM!!!! Which is why Daniels had a WIDE OPEN SHOT!! that he unfortunately missed. Does this really need to be explained to you?? Great call by the coach, missed the shot. Would have been ignorant to think Book could get a clean look in that situation, how on earth does you brain not figure that?
Fo-Real
General Manager

Re: Game 76: Washington Wizards (30-45) at Phoenix Suns (17-58), Wednesday, Mar 27, 10PM 

Post#182 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Mjee wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Great last play ran by Igor to get a shot but just unfortunate to miss.

yeah but according to mjee, poor coaching

Dude Ayton should have been in the game that last defensive possession ...

Holmes is usually miles better defensively, just not tonight.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#183 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Jarlaxle0204 wrote:Nice last shot but I'd still rather see Book take the last shot.

:x
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#184 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:13 pm

sunsbum wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:

Yeah but that was what the Wizards were planning for. It was a great play by Igor, just missed a very wide open three. I was even watching Booker on my screen and didn't notice Daniels had snuck open.

43% 3pt shooter cant hit a wide open freethrow version of 3ptr... the hell do we pay you for?

Good coaches can only put players in position to make plays, Koko did that brilliantly on that play. OH DANIELS... :lol:
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#185 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:17 pm

bhawk wrote:Ayton played soft all game. Even got hit in the face and still didn’t show anything. Time to man up Ayton! Grow a pair and start pushing people around. So soft.

I dont mind him getting hit and being a baby about it for a minute, but he literally kept pouting about it for the next like 8 times up and down the court. kept touching his face like he was bleeding (he wasnt , not from his face but from his vag maybe). Literally mentally took him out of the game for a 5-8 minute stretch because he was lingering on it.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#186 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:18 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
Yeah but that was what the Wizards were planning for. It was a great play by Igor, just missed a very wide open three. I was even watching Booker on my screen and didn't notice Daniels had snuck open.

43% 3pt shooter cant hit a wide open freethrow version of 3ptr... the hell do we pay you for?

Even Steph Curry misses at the Free Throw line

**** happens, Book gave us a chance to win, coach called a great play, we lost.... such is life sometimes.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#187 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:21 pm

Crives wrote:So I guess Jimmer is done for the season? Definitely shouldn’t get minutes over Troy

Should have been done for the season when the CHINA LEAGUE FINISHED!! :lol:
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#188 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:23 pm

KLEON wrote:We all saw that Ayton played like hot garbage but some people still treat him as if he's the MVP of the league

Did you notice most of the other players with Suns on the front of their shirts?
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Post#189 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Jarlaxle0204 wrote:Nice last shot but I'd still rather see Book take the last shot.

Is this an angry face because you would have liked to see Booker take the last shot as well or is it an angry face for me wanting to see our clutch star player who had scored 50 points already on good efficiency take the last shot?

Just curious. I'm not unhappy with the last shot. It was wide open for Daniels who is a very good 3 point shooter. I just would have preferred the guy who hits big time shots, take the last shot.
Fo-Real
General Manager

Post#190 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Jarlaxle0204 wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

Is this an angry face because you would have liked to see Booker take the last shot as well or is it an angry face for me wanting to see our clutch star player who had scored 50 points already on good efficiency take the last shot?

Just curious. I'm not unhappy with the last shot. It was wide open for Daniels who is a very good 3 point shooter. I just would have preferred the guy who hits big time shots, take the last shot.

The play called and excited put the team in the best position to win the game. Even the camera man almost filmed the wrong person. You mention good efficiency, well throwing that ball to Booker at all costs in that situation is the equivalent of having faith in three quarter court heaves, the odds of an efficient shot for Book there is very low, everyone and their mamma was focused on him. I would rather a VERY clean shot from a guy who actually was having a decent shooting night to a heave from a guy covered by all 5 defenders and two refs.
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Post#191 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Jarlaxle0204 wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

The play called and excited put the team in the best position to win the game. Even the camera man almost filmed the wrong person. You mention good efficiency, well throwing that ball to Booker at all costs in that situation is the equivalent of having faith in three quarter court heaves, the odds of an efficient shot for Book there is very low, everyone and their mamma was focused on him. I would rather a VERY clean shot from a guy who actually was having a decent shooting night to a heave from a guy covered by all 5 defenders and two refs.

That's cool and I understand that.

I would prefer otherwise however. Booker has shown the ability to hit the shot with multiple defenders on him and I imagine they would be so draped on him he might have even been able to draw the foul which he's become very adept at doing.

It's okay to have different preferences. No reason to get upset.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,665

Post#192 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:09 pm

Thomas Bryant was a nice waiver wire pick up for the Wizards last summer.... 4.9 WS and a 20 PER. Reason I wouldn't pay Holmes more than a small contract this summer, it's just not that hard to find productive bigs.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
tgtm_24
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#193 » by tgtm_24 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Bob8 wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
I agree with you, Ayton is unfairly criticized. The expectations were too high for him. People just don’t realise how different today’s NBA is. Cs have generally big problems to compete with the best guards/wings. You have to be Embiid or Jokic like to be instrumental for your team’s offensive game or rim protector like Gobert to dominate in D. It’s impossible for a rookie to play like those players. And all the people, who are complaining about Kokoskov, just look at other classical Cs in their prime, how many attempts they have. Vast majority less than Ayton. The question is not if Ayton will become much better, he will, but if drafting a C. as a first pick was the right decision in today’s game.

I agree mostly with what you said except for the part of drafting ayton #1. He's not a traditional C, but a generational talent that fits perfectly in today's game. ayton has the capability of playing both small ball and traditional C on offense. He can punish traditional centers (PNR) and destroyed small ball centers (post-up). He's also one of the few centers that can guard the Giannis/Lebrons of the world. His rim protection has improved drastically as well. His defensive awareness and positioning are solid since the ASB. He has all the ingredients to not just be great, but a generational game changer. That's why he was drafted.

I am the minority here but I think this rookie class is way overhyped and overrated. Trae is really, really fun to watch. But I don't see how his offense game can overcome his sizeable defensive liabilities. Also he's a fantastic shooter, but questions remain if he can actually get his shot off against NBA length. Luka is also a defensive liability (his DPRM is around Warren's level) and Lowe did a snapshot of it in one of his articles. He's listed as a 4. A 4 that can't provide weak side protection is a big negative (see Suns' 2019 version). He's a 70% ft shooter, 33% 3pt shoot, and average/below average mid range shooter. I have my doubts that he's going to be a great 3pt shooter despite what some people say. People love Jared but he can't rebound for either a 4 or a 5 position. He picks up blocks and steals but with a ton of fouls. Marvin can't defend either position. ETC

5-10 years from now, I think if the draft was to be revisited, it would be ayton as clear cut #1: multiple all-stars/MVP/dark horse DOPY. Luka as a distant 2, above average player with all stars here and there. Robinson as a close 3: advanced stats love him. WCJ as a 4: move to the PF position, solid career. Marvin round outs the top 5: 6man of the year contender every year.

Nothing wrong to have an opinion. I will reply only about Luka’s position. He’s playing full time as Pg for the Mavs. That’s why they traded DSJ. He defends 2 or 3. He never played 4 for the Mavs. Entire Mavs defense collapsed after the trades, because they traded rim protector and Barnes/Wes who were both above average defenders. Just changing Dirk, who cannot even move anymore, with KP will do wonders for Mavs defense.

Booker having 50 points with incredible efficiency and very improved Ayton, you’re describing, should be enough to defeat very bad Washington. Don’t you think?

Not with Ayton only playing 26 mins!
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,665

Post#194 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:34 pm

tgtm_24 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:
I agree mostly with what you said except for the part of drafting ayton #1. He's not a traditional C, but a generational talent that fits perfectly in today's game. ayton has the capability of playing both small ball and traditional C on offense. He can punish traditional centers (PNR) and destroyed small ball centers (post-up). He's also one of the few centers that can guard the Giannis/Lebrons of the world. His rim protection has improved drastically as well. His defensive awareness and positioning are solid since the ASB. He has all the ingredients to not just be great, but a generational game changer. That's why he was drafted.

I am the minority here but I think this rookie class is way overhyped and overrated. Trae is really, really fun to watch. But I don't see how his offense game can overcome his sizeable defensive liabilities. Also he's a fantastic shooter, but questions remain if he can actually get his shot off against NBA length. Luka is also a defensive liability (his DPRM is around Warren's level) and Lowe did a snapshot of it in one of his articles. He's listed as a 4. A 4 that can't provide weak side protection is a big negative (see Suns' 2019 version). He's a 70% ft shooter, 33% 3pt shoot, and average/below average mid range shooter. I have my doubts that he's going to be a great 3pt shooter despite what some people say. People love Jared but he can't rebound for either a 4 or a 5 position. He picks up blocks and steals but with a ton of fouls. Marvin can't defend either position. ETC

5-10 years from now, I think if the draft was to be revisited, it would be ayton as clear cut #1: multiple all-stars/MVP/dark horse DOPY. Luka as a distant 2, above average player with all stars here and there. Robinson as a close 3: advanced stats love him. WCJ as a 4: move to the PF position, solid career. Marvin round outs the top 5: 6man of the year contender every year.

Nothing wrong to have an opinion. I will reply only about Luka’s position. He’s playing full time as Pg for the Mavs. That’s why they traded DSJ. He defends 2 or 3. He never played 4 for the Mavs. Entire Mavs defense collapsed after the trades, because they traded rim protector and Barnes/Wes who were both above average defenders. Just changing Dirk, who cannot even move anymore, with KP will do wonders for Mavs defense.

Booker having 50 points with incredible efficiency and very improved Ayton, you’re describing, should be enough to defeat very bad Washington. Don’t you think?

Not with Ayton only playing 26 mins!
We're at game 76 of a rookie year where both Ayton and Bridges have played over 2000 minutes no shame in either guy hitting a rookie wall. These guys need some rest and then training to better survive season 2. That's just the way it is with guys their 1st year.

With that said there's no way id bring either Ayton or Bridges to summer league this year. They don't need those 5-6 crap games they need focused training instead. Both guys got huge rotation minutes this year and will again next season. Send Okobo, Melton, king and Spalding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
GoodBehavior
Senior
And1: 370

Post#195 » by GoodBehavior » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Bob8 wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
I agree with you, Ayton is unfairly criticized. The expectations were too high for him. People just don’t realise how different today’s NBA is. Cs have generally big problems to compete with the best guards/wings. You have to be Embiid or Jokic like to be instrumental for your team’s offensive game or rim protector like Gobert to dominate in D. It’s impossible for a rookie to play like those players. And all the people, who are complaining about Kokoskov, just look at other classical Cs in their prime, how many attempts they have. Vast majority less than Ayton. The question is not if Ayton will become much better, he will, but if drafting a C. as a first pick was the right decision in today’s game.

Luka plays as the 4. This was discussed in a previous trend. He'll likely play the 3 when Porzingis is healthy. It's going to be interesting to see how he guards against the quicker 3's.

Ayton did not play well, he was meh. Booker was the only starter that did well IMO. Bender exceeded his low, low expectation. Bender and Melton do not belong on the roster, let alone being starters. You're going to have a bad time with 2 starters of that caliber. With Oubre/Johnson, I think the outcome would be different.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#196 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Fo-Real wrote:

Because everyone in the goddamn world (arena and Tv) were goddamn sure Booker would get the ball so EVERYBODY GUARDED HIM!!!! Which is why Daniels had a WIDE OPEN SHOT!! that he unfortunately missed. Does this really need to be explained to you?? Great call by the coach, missed the shot. Would have been ignorant to think Book could get a clean look in that situation, how on earth does you brain not figure that?

So what! I'd rather Book take the shot with 4 guys draped on him than Daniels. Has Troy ever made a clutch shot for the Suns? Also, learn to use the multiquote feature.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#197 » by NTB » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:05 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:

So what! I'd rather Book take the shot with 4 guys draped on him than Daniels. Has Troy ever made a clutch shot for the Suns? Also, learn to use the multiquote feature.

I feel you but Troy has made some clutch shots for the Suns and also for other teams in his career.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,562

Post#198 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:05 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:

Luka plays as the 4. This was discussed in a previous trend. He'll likely play the 3 when Porzingis is healthy. It's going to be interesting to see how he guards against the quicker 3's.

Ayton did not play well, he was meh. Booker was the only starter that did well IMO. Bender exceeded his low, low expectation. Bender and Melton do not belong on the roster, let alone being starters. You're going to have a bad time with 2 starters of that caliber. With Oubre/Johnson, I think the outcome would be different.

How many Mavs games did you watch? Luka is playing as full time Pg after the DSJ was traded, with bringing the ball up the court and everything else what Pgs are doing. He never played as Pf. Barnes was Pf before the trades. Look at last games starting lineup and tell me he’s playing a 4. In offense or defense.

https://stats.nba.com/game/0021801114/
bhawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 713

Post#199 » by bhawk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
bhawk wrote:Ayton played soft all game. Even got hit in the face and still didn’t show anything. Time to man up Ayton! Grow a pair and start pushing people around. So soft.

I dont mind him getting hit and being a baby about it for a minute, but he literally kept pouting about it for the next like 8 times up and down the court. kept touching his face like he was bleeding (he wasnt , not from his face but from his vag maybe). Literally mentally took him out of the game for a 5-8 minute stretch because he was lingering on it.

It was not a good look for the future of our franchise. Make matters worse, it was Jabari Parker. That punk. Ayton should have put him on his ass the next play. Mamas boy Ayton. Maybe she can talk some sense into him?

Again, I love the guy and believe he will be great, it is just so frustrating watching Ayton waste his god-given abilities at this young age. We (I) want him to play great NOW.

Better Rookie year than Amare so far, and he is doing it by playing soft. Pretty cool when you think about it.

But comparing and watching both in their rookie years, I remember Amare having a bigger, more positive impact on the team and wins. I was more excited about Amare than Ayton at this same point in their rookie years, but I think it had to do with expectations. Amare was 6 or 7th in the draft and Ayton was 1. We expected dominance from Ayton and he has been a soft, whiny, kid full of excuses. Amare was like F-U I'm going to dunk that. Players were scared of that guy.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,447

Post#200 » by Revived » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:25 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Thomas Bryant was a nice waiver wire pick up for the Wizards last summer.... 4.9 WS and a 20 PER. Reason I wouldn't pay Holmes more than a small contract this summer, it's just not that hard to find productive bigs.

He’s a guy that awesome Lakers front office let slip through their fingers.

Return to Phoenix Suns