ImageImageImage

Game 76: Washington Wizards (30-45) at Phoenix Suns (17-58), Wednesday, Mar 27, 10PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Re: Game 76: Washington Wizards (30-45) at Phoenix Suns (17-58), Wednesday, Mar 27, 10PM 

Post#221 » by Revived » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:18 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Please check your facts before posting.

the most with Magic before 21st birthday. ;)

If he decides, can pretty much average a triple-double for a season like Westbrook in this stat-padding era. Doesn't guarantee a team success though.

Westbrook has missed postseason just twice in 11 years...
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Re: Game 76: Washington Wizards (30-45) at Phoenix Suns (17-58), Wednesday, Mar 27, 10PM 

Post#222 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:18 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Please check your facts before posting.

If he decides, can pretty much average a triple-double for a season like Westbrook in this stat-padding era. Doesn't guarantee a team success though.

I believe Mavs will play totally different basketball with KP and players who will surround this two. Luka will be taking less shots, but his efficiency and number of assists should explode.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,038

Post#223 » by sunsbg » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Revived wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Westbrook has missed postseason just twice in 11 years...

And won nothing there despite playing with good players and putting unheard of numbers.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#224 » by sunsbg » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:30 pm

Bob8 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I believe Mavs will play totally different basketball with KP and players who will surround this two. Luka will be taking less shots, but his efficiency and number of assists should explode.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see what chemistry they build. Luka will put stats in any case that's for sure.
tgtm_24
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#225 » by tgtm_24 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:33 pm

RaisingArizona wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Why is the shot not going to Booker? Sigh

Because everyone in the goddamn world (arena and Tv) were goddamn sure Booker would get the ball so EVERYBODY GUARDED HIM!!!! Which is why Daniels had a WIDE OPEN SHOT!! that he unfortunately missed. Does this really need to be explained to you?? Great call by the coach, missed the shot. Would have been ignorant to think Book could get a clean look in that situation, how on earth does you brain not figure that?

So what! I'd rather Book take the shot with 4 guys draped on him than Daniels. Has Troy ever made a clutch shot for the Suns? Also, learn to use the multiquote feature.

This is the dumbest thing I have seen on here and that’s saying something.
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#226 » by Mjee » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:35 pm

LukasBMW wrote:I was at the game last night. Something interesting I noticed. The entire Washington bench would get hyped when they would go into the paint against Ayton. They kept making fun of Ayton yelling "That's a BABY! He's a baby! He's small!"

Ayton seems to already have a reputation for being soft. I hope he gets angry about that.

Oh man. That’s embarrassing
tgtm_24
Sophomore

Post#227 » by tgtm_24 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:38 pm

sunsbg wrote:In the end of this development focused season Ayton and Bridges have regressed. Neither can hit a shot now. Such a great sign for the bright future.

LOLWUT?
bhawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 713

Post#228 » by bhawk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Mjee wrote:
LukasBMW wrote:I was at the game last night. Something interesting I noticed. The entire Washington bench would get hyped when they would go into the paint against Ayton. They kept making fun of Ayton yelling "That's a BABY! He's a baby! He's small!"

Ayton seems to already have a reputation for being soft. I hope he gets angry about that.

Probably plays Fortnite like a baby too... come on Ayton! I hope he reads and hears some of this constructive criticism and I hope it helps his grow up a little faster. What kills me is it isn't like Thomas Bryant is some grizzled NBA vet. He is only a year older and is in his second year... and he's pushing our franchise guy around and making fun of Ayton! Something's got to give. Either Ayton steps up and grows up, or he can kiss that 2nd contract good-bye.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#229 » by sunsbg » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:56 pm

tgtm_24 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:In the end of this development focused season Ayton and Bridges have regressed. Neither can hit a shot now. Such a great sign for the bright future.

LOLWUT?

WUTLOL? Ayton's scoring is going down. Used to hit the mid-range shot pretty consistently early in the season. Now shoots it too fast for some reason and bricks it most of the time. Bridges shooting is not even worth discussing. A bit worrying for a franchise that has shown lack of player development that the young players are regressing.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#230 » by Fo-Real » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 pm

Mjee wrote:

LMFAO!! :lol:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,816

Post#231 » by Saberestar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:48 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
tgtm_24 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Nothing wrong to have an opinion. I will reply only about Luka’s position. He’s playing full time as Pg for the Mavs. That’s why they traded DSJ. He defends 2 or 3. He never played 4 for the Mavs. Entire Mavs defense collapsed after the trades, because they traded rim protector and Barnes/Wes who were both above average defenders. Just changing Dirk, who cannot even move anymore, with KP will do wonders for Mavs defense.

Booker having 50 points with incredible efficiency and very improved Ayton, you’re describing, should be enough to defeat very bad Washington. Don’t you think?

Not with Ayton only playing 26 mins!
We're at game 76 of a rookie year where both Ayton and Bridges have played over 2000 minutes no shame in either guy hitting a rookie wall. These guys need some rest and then training to better survive season 2. That's just the way it is with guys their 1st year.

With that said there's no way id bring either Ayton or Bridges to summer league this year. They don't need those 5-6 crap games they need focused training instead. Both guys got huge rotation minutes this year and will again next season. Send Okobo, Melton, king and Spalding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

I think exactly the opposite.

Where are they gonna train better than with our full staff, coaches and practicing our sets?

And they (mostly Ayton) need to gain confidence as a primary option on offense.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#232 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:55 pm

Saberestar wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
tgtm_24 wrote:
Not with Ayton only playing 26 mins!
We're at game 76 of a rookie year where both Ayton and Bridges have played over 2000 minutes no shame in either guy hitting a rookie wall. These guys need some rest and then training to better survive season 2. That's just the way it is with guys their 1st year.

With that said there's no way id bring either Ayton or Bridges to summer league this year. They don't need those 5-6 crap games they need focused training instead. Both guys got huge rotation minutes this year and will again next season. Send Okobo, Melton, king and Spalding.

I think exactly the opposite.

Where are they gonna train better than with our full staff, coaches and practicing our sets?

And they (mostly Ayton) need to gain confidence as a primary option on offense.
I just find summer league to be pretty worthless especially for bigs. It's a glorified pick up game with scrubs gunning for a camp invite.

Plus with the sheer amount of minutes both guys logged this season and will again next year if healthy why bother.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#233 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:58 pm

sunsbg wrote:
tgtm_24 wrote:

LOLWUT?

WUTLOL? Ayton's scoring is going down. Used to hit the mid-range shot pretty consistently early in the season. Now shoots it too fast for some reason and bricks it most of the time. Bridges shooting is not even worth discussing. A bit worrying for a franchise that has shown lack of player development that the young players are regressing.
I think fatigue is a big factor. Bridges leads the team in minutes and Ayton is second. An NBA season is sooo much longer than anything they have ever experienced before. Plus with all the predraft stuff then going directly to summer league rookies have a long first year.

Bridges absolutely needs to shoot better and Ayton has plenty of things to work on but when I look at this team those two are very far down my list of concerns.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
tgtm_24
Sophomore

Post#234 » by tgtm_24 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04 pm

sunsbg wrote:
tgtm_24 wrote:

LOLWUT?

Shooting comes and goes man. You don’t forget how to do it.
bhawk
Pro Prospect

Post#235 » by bhawk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:11 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
tgtm_24 wrote:
LOLWUT?

I think fatigue is a big factor. Bridges leads the team in minutes and Ayton is second. An NBA season is sooo much longer than anything they have ever experienced before. Plus with all the predraft stuff then going directly to summer league rookies have a long first year.

Bridges absolutely needs to shoot better and Ayton has plenty of things to work on but when I look at this team those two are very far down my list of concerns.

I really hate that I'm negging on Ayton like this... but shouldn't he be in game shape by now? He still looks very winded and gets fatigued too quickly for my liking. Easy for me to say... but Book seems to get stronger as the season progresses. There is something to be said for the "rookie wall" but we have high expectations for the #1 pick.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#236 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:13 pm

tgtm_24 wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
Fo-Real wrote:
Because everyone in the goddamn world (arena and Tv) were goddamn sure Booker would get the ball so EVERYBODY GUARDED HIM!!!! Which is why Daniels had a WIDE OPEN SHOT!! that he unfortunately missed. Does this really need to be explained to you?? Great call by the coach, missed the shot. Would have been ignorant to think Book could get a clean look in that situation, how on earth does you brain not figure that?

So what! I'd rather Book take the shot with 4 guys draped on him than Daniels. Has Troy ever made a clutch shot for the Suns? Also, learn to use the multiquote feature.

This is the dumbest thing I have seen on here and that’s saying something.

So dispute it rather than resorting to personal attacks? God damn this board is toxic lately
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by sunsbg » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:18 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
tgtm_24 wrote:
LOLWUT?

I guess I'm too impatient. I want to see the young players progressing with every game, but you are right fatigue and probably the lack of motivation in meaningless games play a role in the recent slump. Anyway, let's hope they put the required work in the summer as those are two key players for the future.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#238 » by sunsbg » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:34 pm

tgtm_24 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
tgtm_24 wrote:
LOLWUT?

Shooting comes and goes man. You don’t forget how to do it.

Then let's hope it comes more often than it goes :)

I used to think Len will be a good shooter as he showed it in spurts during his first years. Last year he was not good all season.

In preseason I said Bender has regressed and got the same responses. He's shooting 23% from 3 for the season despite he did well in the last game. Will be attributed to a relatively small sample size, one shot a game, and not being in great shape by not playing regularly, but one still expects more from a supposedly good shooter.
bhawk
Pro Prospect

Post#239 » by bhawk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:39 pm

bhawk wrote:
Mjee wrote:

Probably plays Fortnite like a baby too... come on Ayton! I hope he reads and hears some of this constructive criticism and I hope it helps his grow up a little faster. What kills me is it isn't like Thomas Bryant is some grizzled NBA vet. He is only a year older and is in his second year... and he's pushing our franchise guy around and making fun of Ayton! Something's got to give. Either Ayton steps up and grows up, or he can kiss that 2nd contract good-bye.

Looking at the schedule, we get Chriss on Monday. If Ayton gets abused by Chriss, I'm going to lose it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#240 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:52 pm

sunsbg wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

I guess I'm too impatient. I want to see the young players progressing with every game, but you are right fatigue and probably the lack of motivation in meaningless games play a role in the recent slump. Anyway, let's hope they put the required work in the summer as those are two key players for the future.
I totally get it and it's always nice to see progression. I just think it's a very long year both physically mentally for rookies. Where I start to get concerned is when you don't see real progress in year 2. Most really good players make a leap their second season.

I also just don't really care about the last 10 or so games of a season when a team is out of it and playing teams that are either super motivated to make the playoffs or also out of it and not giving a **** either. Tons of flukey stuff both good and bad happens in late March and it's dangerous to get too excited or down.

Return to Phoenix Suns