ImageImageImage

Free agency and trade ideas: Which wings do we go after this summer?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Re: Free agency and trade ideas: Which wings do we go after this summer? 

Post#1241 » by bigfoot » Thu May 23, 2019 9:09 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:How about a sign and trade for Brogdon? 6th pick good enough? What would the Bucks be interested in?

I imagine the Bucks will match any offer he gets.

Yeah I agree. The Bucks will waive George Hill saving them $17M that can be used to match offers on Brogdon. Of course that makes Hill available as a point guard too although he will be 33 next year.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1242 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 23, 2019 9:12 pm

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:How about a sign and trade for Brogdon? 6th pick good enough? What would the Bucks be interested in?

Yeah I agree. The Bucks will waive George Hill saving them $17M that can be used to match offers on Brogdon. Of course that makes Hill available as a point guard too although he will be 33 next year.
If hill finds a soft market for his services I wouldn't mind him on a 1 year deal. Anything more than that and it's playing with fire. He's been good these playoffs but pretty damn bad most of the past couple years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Post#1243 » by Slim Charless » Thu May 23, 2019 9:13 pm

bigfoot wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:If they are trying to put Ayton in the best situation to succeed then having shooters around him so other teams can't double as easily is the way to go.

If you keep Tyler Johnson - what about Seth Curry? His defense against his brother was pretty solid. Pretty decent shooter. Might be in the 6-8m range.

He didn't average many assists last year (.9 per game). That's understandable playing with Lillard and McCollum. He did average about 3.5 per 36 min playing with Dallas and the Kings. His career 3 point shooting is phenomenal at .439. As you suggest pairing with Tyler would be ideal so he might be a good sleeper UFA to go after.

I think he's only getting 3m right now so 6-8 would probably get it done. I wonder if he can he run the offense himself as a PG? If we manage to get rid of Tyler's deal, keeping Curry and shooting ability out there as the starter with Booker would help tremendously to open things up for Ayton...
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,485

Post#1244 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu May 23, 2019 9:59 pm

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The good news is that IF they resign and/ or match both of Brogdon and Middleton, Then it might be hard for them to match a nice offer for Mirotic too???
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1245 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 23, 2019 10:00 pm

If the suns traded for Avery Bradley I would immediately lose all confidence in Jones.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1246 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 23, 2019 10:07 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

The good news is that IF they resign and/ or match both of Brogdon and Middleton, Then it might be hard for them to match a nice offer for Mirotic too???

I highly doubt mirotic returns and if he doesn't hit some shots the next couple games plenty of bucks fans would gladly drive him to the airport. He's an UFA so there's no matching involved he can just straight up leave.

Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#1247 » by Crives » Thu May 23, 2019 10:16 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:If the suns traded for Avery Bradley I would immediately lose all confidence in Jones.

Save that attitude for CP3 :banghead:
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1248 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 23, 2019 10:24 pm

Crives wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:If the suns traded for Avery Bradley I would immediately lose all confidence in Jones.

Yeah I'd obviously not like that but at least Paul is good at basketball something I wouldn't say about Bradley.

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#1249 » by Kerrsed » Thu May 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#1250 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I don't think it's that hard since they are all billionaires, but Mirotic is not restricted so he can go where he wants.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#1251 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Crives wrote:Someone’s going to be cheap to resign
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm pro cannabis but I'm never going to be in favor of smoking or drinking while driving.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1252 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Crives wrote:Anyone else hear Bridges interview on 98.7 this morning?
Sounds like he has been living in the gym working on his handles and shooting.

We already saw some flashes of his handles and passing in the 2nd half of the season and I can't wait to see him with a tighter handler, a better shot and hopefully better iso scoring abilities. He's probably my favourite Suns right now
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1253 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm pro cannabis but I'm never going to be in favor of smoking or drinking while driving.
Saw today that rishard was a passenger. Super weird to me they took him in and booked him for a joint. At most why not just write a ticket?

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,485

Post#1254 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Crives wrote:

Yeah I'd obviously not like that but at least Paul is good at basketball something I wouldn't say about Bradley.

Well Detroit slump aside, He's still only 28, and last season he had percentages of:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bradlav01.html.

EFG% of .537/ 3point. 38%/ and free throw. 92%. So he must not be that terrible of a basketball player honestly. Also............

If we don'twant him, Bradley is only owed 2 million IF he's waived on or before July 3rd of 2019.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/memphis-grizzlies/avery-bradley-6901/.

2019- $2 million guaranteed, fully if not waived on or before 7/3/19[/img]

So we'd trade Jackson and Okobo for Bradley, And then waive him , before July 3rd, We'd then have an additional 5-6 ? million in added cap space for free agency.

Which would then give us a total of round 15-16 million for free agency. ( Enough to at the very least sign either Collison or Beverly).

And then IF you move Johnson to Cleveland for Smith's expiring, You'd then have an extra 16 or so million to add to the cap, making it close to 31-32 million Or enough to sign:

- Beverly, and possibly Mirotic?
- Collison and Mirotic.
- Collison or Beverly and Randle?

**** off chance- enough money for an offer to one of Russell or Irving ( IF They are interested!).

Or maybe even an frontloaded contract to Brogdon perhaps??( You get the idea).

It might be nice improvment have a starting rotation of:

Beverly /Garland.
Booker/ Bridges.
Oubre/ Warren.
Mirotic/ ( Jamychal green? Or Aminu?).
Ayton/Holmes.

Or something to that effect.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1255 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Saw today that rishard was a passenger. Super weird to me they took him in and booked him for a joint. At most why not just write a ticket?

I'm OK if he wasn't driving
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#1256 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu May 23, 2019 11:58 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I'm pro cannabis but I'm never going to be in favor of smoking or drinking while driving.

I'd be a hypocrite to complain about smoking grass but I will say you need to be careful in Florida and burning in a car is not a great idea.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1257 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:01 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Saw today that rishard was a passenger. Super weird to me they took him in and booked him for a joint. At most why not just write a ticket?

I'd be a hypocrite to complain about smoking grass but I will say you need to be careful in Florida and burning in a car is not a great idea.

If I was RICH AF, I would never have anything on me. At least be one person removed from anything illegal. DLo carrying his kush with him in that soda can is dumb as hell. Have a mate carry it for you or get your supply when you're there. I don't know what it's like in Florida but I honestly wouldn't want to give anyone and excuse to bust me for anything
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1258 » by jcsunsfan » Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I'm pro cannabis but I'm never going to be in favor of smoking or drinking while driving.

If you are smoking inside a car, everyone in the car is smoking--when they puff or not. Weed in cars is bad news period.
Young gun 6
Analyst
And1: 6,008

Post#1259 » by Young gun 6 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:06 am

We need to do whatever we can to her Malcolm Brogdon.

50/40/90 seasons as a 25 year old with passable defense is nothing to be sneezed at.

+17 in a 6pt loss today.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1260 » by lilfishi22 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:54 am

Young gun 6 wrote:We need to do whatever we can to her Malcolm Brogdon.

50/40/90 seasons as a 25 year old with passable defense is nothing to be sneezed at.

+17 in a 6pt loss today.

He actually turns 27 in December.

Return to Phoenix Suns