ImageImageImage

Josh Jackson is a guy other teams should trade for before he breaks out

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: Josh Jackson arrested 

Post#61 » by RunDogGun » Wed May 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Man, some guys will do anything to not get traded. Can't the team afford to put a guy on these younger dumber players?
GreatSunnyNorth
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#62 » by GreatSunnyNorth » Thu May 16, 2019 12:10 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:At this point, if we can get someone of a starting calibre with the $15m or so cap space that we would have if we salary dumped Jackson, it's already a good enough reason to salary dump him imo.

JJ isn't cheap. He's owed $7m next season

Is there that much difference between the FAs available for $15m, and the ones available for the $9m exception if the Suns stay over the cap? With all the depth problems the team has had, I’d be wary of clearing out multiple players including JJ for another Ariza.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#63 » by Crives » Thu May 16, 2019 12:20 pm

GreatSunnyNorth wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:At this point, if we can get someone of a starting calibre with the $15m or so cap space that we would have if we salary dumped Jackson, it's already a good enough reason to salary dump him imo.

Is there that much difference between the FAs available for $15m, and the ones available for the $9m exception if the Suns stay over the cap? With all the depth problems the team has had, I’d be wary of clearing out multiple players including JJ for another Ariza.

15m could nab us brogdan?
GreatSunnyNorth
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#64 » by GreatSunnyNorth » Thu May 16, 2019 12:43 pm

Crives wrote:
GreatSunnyNorth wrote:

He might sign an offer sheet for that, but wouldn’t the Bucks match it?
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#65 » by Saberestar » Thu May 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Crives wrote:
GreatSunnyNorth wrote:

No way.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#66 » by Saberestar » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:36 pm

Read on Twitter
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#67 » by LukasBMW » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I knew he'd never serve time. And I'm also sure Miami PD probably did not handle the situation well.

But this little issue still tells me JJ is a moron.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#68 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 pm

LukasBMW wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I knew he'd never serve time. And I'm also sure Miami PD probably did not handle the situation well.

lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#69 » by Saberestar » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:36 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
LukasBMW wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#70 » by bigfoot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:48 pm

Maybe the best description of Jackson I've read

Josh Jackson is playing himself out of the league entirely. He’s got his off-court issues for sure, but his biggest problem is right there on the court when he throws up liners at the rim from 5-10 feet out with three hands in his face like a weekend sportsball fanatic hopped up on a dozen Red Bulls.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/6/16/18680982/pacific-division-is-stacked-with-the-phoenix-suns-buried-at-the-bottom-nba-free-agency
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#71 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:20 am

bigfoot wrote:Maybe the best description of Jackson I've read

Josh Jackson is playing himself out of the league entirely. He’s got his off-court issues for sure, but his biggest problem is right there on the court when he throws up liners at the rim from 5-10 feet out with three hands in his face like a weekend sportsball fanatic hopped up on a dozen Red Bulls.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2019/6/16/18680982/pacific-division-is-stacked-with-the-phoenix-suns-buried-at-the-bottom-nba-free-agency

It's crazy how some fans just doesn't see these dumb things he does on the court and only sees his elite athleticism, big dunks, nice alleyoops (that aren't TO's) and his label as a top pick.
Waylay13
Rookie
And1: 904

Post#72 » by Waylay13 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:34 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Maybe the best description of Jackson I've read

It's crazy how some fans just doesn't see these dumb things he does on the court and only sees his elite athleticism, big dunks, nice alleyoops (that aren't TO's) and his label as a top pick.

While I do agree that Josh has done some dumb things in my opinion I have seen some even dumber things done but people DLo (i.e. trying to take legal drugs through a airport (pot is still against the law federally) and yet most people want him on the Suns. When the Suns drafted Josh we knew that it was going to take time to develop him but if we stick with him he would turn into a good player. We still have never seen the effort that Josh puts out on both sides the court equaled by Warren but we complain that Josh is a bad player. how much of Josh's issues come from a coach that put the ball in his hands and asked him to run an offense or to a org that hasnt gotten him a point guard?

Just say no to idiots!!
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,038

Post#73 » by sunsbg » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Waylay13 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

While I do agree that Josh has done some dumb things in my opinion I have seen some even dumber things done but people DLo (i.e. trying to take legal drugs through a airport (pot is still against the law federally) and yet most people want him on the Suns. When the Suns drafted Josh we knew that it was going to take time to develop him but if we stick with him he would turn into a good player. We still have never seen the effort that Josh puts out on both sides the court equaled by Warren but we complain that Josh is a bad player. how much of Josh's issues come from a coach that put the ball in his hands and asked him to run an offense or to a org that hasnt gotten him a point guard?

Some people just have a preference for a particular player, doesn't matter what they do. Some are still high on Bender, though it's obvious Josh has a better chance to become something. Nobody is that blind to not see the dumb stuff from JJ, still I will bet a good coach can help him become something much easier than the no-show Dragan Bender. That said, if he plays in SL and looks the same as last year, no way you pick his option for next season.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#74 » by RaisingArizona » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Waylay13 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

On course performance allows star players to get away with off court shenanigans. DLO was an all star on a playoff team, meanwhile, JJ had a bad season on a 19 win team. One is worth the trouble and the other is not.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#75 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:25 am

Waylay13 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

I haven't even talked about his off court stuff. I'm only focused on his on the court moves and decisions he makes and just his skill set. It's just subpar and it's why he's one of the worst players in the entire league the last few seasons. That effort that you speak of is great if it's directed and utlised in the right way. You could say Westbrook's 110% effort is often times a detriment to team play and team success. Playing with effort doesn't automatically make you a good player. And for all the apparent "lack of effort" from TJ that you speak of, he's still a very efficient 18ppg scorer with a legit 3PT shot that's a good player on the court.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#76 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 am

sunsbg wrote:
Waylay13 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:It's crazy how some fans just doesn't see these dumb things he does on the court and only sees his elite athleticism, big dunks, nice alleyoops (that aren't TO's) and his label as a top pick.

Some people just have a preference for a particular player, doesn't matter what they do. Some are still high on Bender, though it's obvious Josh has a better chance to become something. Nobody is that blind to not see the dumb stuff from JJ, still I will bet a good coach can help him become something much easier than the no-show Dragan Bender. That said, if he plays in SL and looks the same as last year, no way you pick his option for next season.

Can he still play in the SL. I thought it was only for players with 2 or less years of experience in the league
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#77 » by denial » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 am

sunsbg wrote:
Waylay13 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:It's crazy how some fans just doesn't see these dumb things he does on the court and only sees his elite athleticism, big dunks, nice alleyoops (that aren't TO's) and his label as a top pick.

I agree with you that JJ has potential and I like his heart and willingness to take the lead. He has a leader mentality where he is willing to dive in and take the tough shot. That's why he overdribbles sometimes imo (he got more disciplined though as last season wore on). Because he is willing to take on that burden because he wants to win.

However, trying to sneak into a VIP section at a music festival is dumb for a different reason sneaking weed is dumb. Because sneaking weed is *just* dumb. Whereas sneaking into a VIP section, multiple times, is both dumb and pathetic. Makes me question dude's whole psyche.

Having said that, I'm rooting for him. I was dumb as hell at that age. Like straight R-word. I didn't mature til like 35! So, I think he still has a chance to figure things out and I hope he does, whether a Sun or otherwise.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,038

Post#78 » by sunsbg » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:01 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Can he still play in the SL. I thought it was only for players with 2 or less years of experience in the league

Well he has 2 years in the league and Bender played last SL. Similarly they may ask him to play before picking or declining the option.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#79 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:13 am

sunsbg wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Can he still play in the SL. I thought it was only for players with 2 or less years of experience in the league

Well he has 2 years in the league and Bender played last SL. Similarly they may ask him to play before picking or declining the option.

The last player who probably should've played in the SL but didn't was on his way out. I guess we'll see if he makes it to SL and if he'll play.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#80 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh Josh you are really a **** head idiot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Phoenix Suns