ImageImageImage

Josh Jackson is a guy other teams should trade for before he breaks out

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Re: Josh Jackson arrested 

Post#41 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Yeah, man. Really feels like the value of my Josh Jackson rookie card collection bit the dust with this news.

... For anyone curious. Nash RCs generally are quite valuable, especially as compared to say, Marion and Amare. But Booker RCs are extremely expensive, due mostly to the fact that basketball cards, while not particularly popular today, were all but a dead hobby just a few years ago (and so there weren't a whole lot of cards printed). Same reason Giannis RCs are ridiculously expensive.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#42 » by codydaze » Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Just read a rumor that you guys might be looking to move Jackson and the Kings could be a team that's interested. What do you guys think his value is looking like? Do you think Yogi and a second or two would work? We have the 40, 47 and 60 picks in the second round this year.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#43 » by nevetsov » Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 pm

codydaze wrote:Just read a rumor that you guys might be looking to move Jackson and the Kings could be a team that's interested. What do you guys think his value is looking like? Do you think Yogi and a second or two would work? We have the 40, 47 and 60 picks in the second round this year.

I like Yogi but I don't really think there's a place for him on this team. I might consider a straight swap for Nemanja Bjelica - similar contracts, addresses Sac's need for a SF and gives us some depth at PF. Sac can run any combo of Bagley/ Barnes/ Giles at the 4 spot.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#44 » by codydaze » Tue May 14, 2019 10:18 pm

nevetsov wrote:
codydaze wrote:Just read a rumor that you guys might be looking to move Jackson and the Kings could be a team that's interested. What do you guys think his value is looking like? Do you think Yogi and a second or two would work? We have the 40, 47 and 60 picks in the second round this year.

I like Yogi but I don't really think there's a place for him on this team. I might consider a straight swap for Nemanja Bjelica - similar contracts, addresses Sac's need for a SF and gives us some depth at PF. Sac can run any combo of Bagley/ Barnes/ Giles at the 4 spot.

Both of our available point guards being smaller (Yogi and Mason) does make it difficult. a straight Bjelica/Jackson swap could be interesting but I think we'd be less likely to do that depending on how confident we are in Giles going forward. I'm really high on Giles but I think it's still a year or two before he really breaks out.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#45 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue May 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Personally I'd take a future 2nd rounder for him. Basically a salary dump to get more cap space.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#46 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed May 15, 2019 12:05 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Personally I'd take a future 2nd rounder for him. Basically a salary dump to get more cap space.

I think something like Giles for Jackson is more realistic. I don't think that's bad value for Sacto, regardless Josh's issues and higher salary.

Who knows.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#47 » by lilfishi22 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:09 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

I think something like Giles for Jackson is more realistic. I don't think that's bad value for Sacto, regardless Josh's issues and higher salary.

Who knows.

I wouldn't move Giles for Jackson if I were the Kings
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#48 » by codydaze » Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Who knows.

I wouldn't move Giles for Jackson if I were the Kings

Agreed, I’m high on Giles and I’ve never been a huge Jackson fan but if he’s available cheap I think he’s worth a flyer for sure.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#49 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:26 am

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Yeah, man. Really feels like the value of my Josh Jackson rookie card collection bit the dust with this news.

... For anyone curious. Nash RCs generally are quite valuable, especially as compared to say, Marion and Amare. But Booker RCs are extremely expensive, due mostly to the fact that basketball cards, while not particularly popular today, were all but a dead hobby just a few years ago (and so there weren't a whole lot of cards printed). Same reason Giannis RCs are ridiculously expensive.

I bought some Booker rookies a couple years back. For some reason I bought a ton of basketball cards in the span of about a year...maybe like a flashback of my youth. Someone sold a HUGE Suns collection on ebay and have that. Got a bunch of basketball and football cards though....full sets too, like the NFL draft with Aikman, Barry, Deion, etc...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#50 » by bwgood77 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:27 am

I like Yogi. We could just redo the 2017 draft and pretend we took Fox and Jackson slips to you guys. That work?
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#51 » by codydaze » Wed May 15, 2019 1:38 am

bwgood77 wrote:

I like Yogi. We could just redo the 2017 draft and pretend we took Fox and Jackson slips to you guys. That work?

I think we’d pass :wink:

If anyone knows what it feels like to to watch the players you passed on flourish, it’s us Kings fans. We feel for you lol.
RunSunRun
Veteran
And1: 722

Post#52 » by RunSunRun » Wed May 15, 2019 2:07 am

Honestly, I'd avoid Jackson if I were the Kings, don't need nor want his moronic self on your team.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#53 » by lilfishi22 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 am

At this point, if we can get someone of a starting calibre with the $15m or so cap space that we would have if we salary dumped Jackson, it's already a good enough reason to salary dump him imo.

JJ isn't cheap. He's owed $7m next season
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#54 » by ATTL » Wed May 15, 2019 2:51 am

What a dumbass. What was the plan after getting away from the cops while still cuffed? If he still had his afro it would have been easier to identify him.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#55 » by lilfishi22 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:06 am

ATTL wrote:What a dumbass. What was the plan after getting away from the cops while still cuffed? If he still had his afro it would have been easier to identify him.

hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#56 » by hollywood6964 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:23 am

bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Yeah, man. Really feels like the value of my Josh Jackson rookie card collection bit the dust with this news.

I bought some Booker rookies a couple years back. For some reason I bought a ton of basketball cards in the span of about a year...maybe like a flashback of my youth. Someone sold a HUGE Suns collection on ebay and have that. Got a bunch of basketball and football cards though....full sets too, like the NFL draft with Aikman, Barry, Deion, etc...

You some good fire kindling. Bad wax.
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,450

Post#57 » by sasquatchBob » Wed May 15, 2019 7:45 am

I think I'm the only one who still believes in Jackson. His talent is just too hard to ignore. Maybe Monty gets his head straight?
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#58 » by TASTIC » Wed May 15, 2019 8:00 am

Call Boston :D

So disappointing. I mean you have one job and you're paid MILLIONS to play a game, just break a few hundred and pay to get in. Idiot.

Time to change my sig...
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Post#59 » by Revived » Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 am

lilfishi22 wrote:At this point, if we can get someone of a starting calibre with the $15m or so cap space that we would have if we salary dumped Jackson, it's already a good enough reason to salary dump him imo.

I wonder if this changes their decision on whether or not to pick up his option for the season after. I believe they have until October or something to decide though so perhaps if he goes HAM in summer league and pre season then it changes things.

But I was in favor of the Suns cutting their losses and declining the PO on him before this last season even ended.

In 2 years with the Suns, he hasn’t showed much in terms of an actual basketball skillset. He has a good motor but that’s really about it.

He isn’t some young teen prospect either, he’s actually older than Booker.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,821

Post#60 » by Saberestar » Wed May 15, 2019 10:30 am

Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:At this point, if we can get someone of a starting calibre with the $15m or so cap space that we would have if we salary dumped Jackson, it's already a good enough reason to salary dump him imo.

I wonder if this changes their decision on whether or not to pick up his option for the season after. I believe they have until October or something to decide though so perhaps if he goes HAM in summer league and pre season then it changes things.

But I was in favor of the Suns cutting their losses and declining the PO on him before this last season even ended.

In 2 years with the Suns, he hasn’t showed much in terms of an actual basketball skillset. He has a good motor but that’s really about it.

He isn’t some young teen prospect either, he’s actually older than Booker.

I do not think that he is gonna play in Summer League.

Return to Phoenix Suns