ImageImageImage

2019 post draft, free agency and trade speculation: The Return Of Cash Considerations

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer?

Brogdon
56%
Russell
44%

Total votes: 63

matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Re: 2019 post draft, free agency and trade speculation: The Return Of Cash Considerations 

Post#1981 » by matt131 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:04 pm

JJ13 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
JJ13 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Funny, I heard that we've already traded that Milwaukee pick

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Suns.htm

Read on Twitter
JJ13
Rookie
And1: 488

Re: 2019 post draft, free agency and trade speculation: The Return Of Cash Considerations 

Post#1982 » by JJ13 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:05 pm

matt131 wrote:
JJ13 wrote:
matt131 wrote:
Funny, I heard that we've already traded that Milwaukee pick

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Suns.htm

Read on Twitter

Ah, sorry I guess that trade isn't finalized yet so site isn't updated
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#1983 » by Saberestar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Oubre was anything but ordinary. It takes time for players to adjust to the team being traded mid season. I think the acquisition of Tyler Johnson helped us but not just because of him. What helped us is getting rid of distractions like Trevor Ariza, Tyson Chandler, even Canaan. Getting players that fit our core groups age range and getting players who just love basketball (Tyler Johnson).
KO provided that what if factor to the games. He gave us another scorer when the only player who could get anything going was Devin Booker. I recently rewatched Booker scoring 59 against the Jazz. Nobody else could do anything offensively. Are we really going to let another 20 point scorer go? Do we really think Booker and Ayton can do anything next season if we don’t have at least one more scorer?

Saric can be a 15 ppg scorer on high efficiency. He's been better on offense his entire career than Oubre, and also moves the ball.

Yeah, I think that right now Saric is our third best player on the roster. He just knows how to play the game and he is an all-around player.

I wouldn't be shocked if he averages next season 16 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and shoots 40% from three.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#1984 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:06 pm

RedIndian wrote:Sign and trade, how would that work?

Nets want to clear Russell's cap hold so that they can sign Kyrie and KD. A sign and trade doesn't do that.

Besides, what possible assets could we offer them anyway?

Doesn't really work since the article states that we'd have to do it that way since we didn't have cap space but if they are letting him go it's to clear cap space, not take salary back.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1985 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:07 pm

Saberestar wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Oubre was anything but ordinary. It takes time for players to adjust to the team being traded mid season. I think the acquisition of Tyler Johnson helped us but not just because of him. What helped us is getting rid of distractions like Trevor Ariza, Tyson Chandler, even Canaan. Getting players that fit our core groups age range and getting players who just love basketball (Tyler Johnson).
KO provided that what if factor to the games. He gave us another scorer when the only player who could get anything going was Devin Booker. I recently rewatched Booker scoring 59 against the Jazz. Nobody else could do anything offensively. Are we really going to let another 20 point scorer go? Do we really think Booker and Ayton can do anything next season if we don’t have at least one more scorer?

Saric can be a 15 ppg scorer on high efficiency. He's been better on offense his entire career than Oubre, and also moves the ball.

Yeah, I think that right now Saric is our third best player on the roster. He just knows how to play the game and he is an all-around player.

I wouldn't be shocked if he averages next season 16 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and shoots 40% from three.

Yeah, and if he does, what's he worth next summer if we pay Oubre $20 million this summer? $23 million?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1986 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:10 pm

SunsLyf3 wrote:
Crives wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Nets are going to need role players on cheap/rookie contracts if they get their 2 superstars. How would everyone feel about sending back Cam Johnson and Melton. At that point our #6 pick netted us startong PF and starting PG. Nets need defense and shooters hence Melton and Johnson.

If he wants to sign with us we don't really need to trade anything for him if they are going to let him go anyway.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,641

Post#1987 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:01 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

I like oubre but if some teams wants to give him $20 mil per year I'd wish him luck in his next city.

Add: I have no idea how reliable this source is so take with a grain of salt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

I take that $20m+ figure with a grain of salt but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in that $16m-18m mark

Either way, now we're locked to either overpaying him or letting him go for nothing after we salary dumped TJ to make space for Oubre to be the guy.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,641

Post#1988 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:05 am

alamin330 wrote:Suns should match oubre at 20. He is the most versatile player on our roster. The cap will go up to $118 for 20-21. Oubre is important to this team.

Hard pass
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Phoenix Suns