ImageImageImage

Welcome Ty Jerome!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

ImNotMcDiSwear
Head Coach
And1: 4,514

Re: Welcome Ty Jerome! 

Post#141 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Mon Feb 3, 2020 6:03 pm

The Jerome-Ayton P&R could be deadly as Ty learns to more and more aggressive from the outside. When Ty misses, he barely misses.

It's promise like this that we need to focus on the remainder of this season. I hope we close out strong, with improving play from Ty and the rest of our young guys, even after our playoff chances fall to 0.
nevetsov
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,222

Post#142 » by nevetsov » Fri May 15, 2020 12:07 pm

Given the range of backup PG options that will be available around #10, is it unrealistic to suggest that Jerome can be the backup SG next season?

Sure he's a natural passer, but he's also 6'5 with fundamental D and improving three point shooting. If he can lock in his catch and shoot game, and muscle up a bit on D, I think we could go the route of drafting a scoring PG at #10 and having Jerome play as a secondary playmaker.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 11,553

Post#143 » by lilfishi22 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:48 pm

nevetsov wrote:Given the range of backup PG options that will be available around #10, is it unrealistic to suggest that Jerome can be the backup SG next season?

Sure he's a natural passer, but he's also 6'5 with fundamental D and improving three point shooting. If he can lock in his catch and shoot game, and muscle up a bit on D, I think we could go the route of drafting a scoring PG at #10 and having Jerome play as a secondary playmaker.

Yeah I didn't see him as a primary playmaker but rather as a secondary facilitator and shooter. I think that role would suit him more appropriately than a primary playmaker because he just lacks the athleticism and strength to really handle defensive focus of that role.
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though

Return to Phoenix Suns