2019 Summer League

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Re: 2019 Summer League 

Post#381 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Definitely fair points man, And agreed that Palmer needs to improve his shooting efficiency for sure. As warren was one heck of an efficient scorer for us. Although with respect to the three point shooting, When entering the league, Warren I believe wasn't the greatest of three point shooters either at around 23% on his threes and around 73% on his free throws.

So with respect to that, My hope would be that perhaps Palmer could develop into a really good 3 point shooter like Warren did. Again, no slight to Warren, But since we did move him ( as expected) it'd be nice to find a low cost replacement for some of what TJ offered hopefully. :D

I'm not sure why you keep trying to compare him to Warren, or want to replace him given we have Oubre and drafted Cam (and have Bridges).

But TJ was an elite scorer in college...ACC player of the year...shot around 60% from 2 during college. This past year Palmer shot 40% from 2 pt range. Forget the 3 pt shooting for now. He is inefficient from everywhere. He had a sub 50% TS%... IN COLLEGE....it won't likely get better at the next level, or much better at least.

Yeah these TJ comparisons are based on absolutely nothing. Not their games, their stats, their body types, nothing. Reminds me of when TJ was getting compared to Marion by several posters here when he was drafted. People just comparing the new guy to the last guy we had at the position.

... But then most of the posts on this board have been so wide of center lately that hardly anything's worth commenting on. Just let SD and Wilber fight it out like homeless guys on the street all summer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#382 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:16 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:Definitely fair points man, And agreed that Palmer needs to improve his shooting efficiency for sure. As warren was one heck of an efficient scorer for us. Although with respect to the three point shooting, When entering the league, Warren I believe wasn't the greatest of three point shooters either at around 23% on his threes and around 73% on his free throws.

So with respect to that, My hope would be that perhaps Palmer could develop into a really good 3 point shooter like Warren did. Again, no slight to Warren, But since we did move him ( as expected) it'd be nice to find a low cost replacement for some of what TJ offered hopefully. :D

I'm not sure why you keep trying to compare him to Warren, or want to replace him given we have Oubre and drafted Cam (and have Bridges).

But TJ was an elite scorer in college...ACC player of the year...shot around 60% from 2 during college. This past year Palmer shot 40% from 2 pt range. Forget the 3 pt shooting for now. He is inefficient from everywhere. He had a sub 50% TS%... IN COLLEGE....it won't likely get better at the next level, or much better at least.

Yeah these TJ comparisons are based on absolutely nothing. Not their games, their stats, their body types, nothing. Reminds me of when TJ was getting compared to Marion by several posters here when he was drafted. People just comparing the new guy to the last guy we had at the position.

... But then most of the posts on this board have been so wide of center lately that hardly anything's worth commenting on. Just let SD and Wilber fight it out like homeless guys on the street all summer.

Now it's Oubre getting compared to Marion.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,382

Post#383 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Perhaps, I'm not communicating this to you in a way that you can understand my perspective. Or perhaps you simply vehemently disagree with my perspective? Regardless, I think that Palmer shares an ability for creative scoring, finding a way to fill the stat sheet, be productive, and I do think that he quite possibly has the potential to become a productive wing player, And hopefully to some degree of what Warren provided for us. Now I have already agreed that Warren was a much more efficient shooter and scorer, But at what point or in what way does Warren being an efficient 2 point scorer, or does his past college accolades being an ACC player of the year prevent, negate or disable a player such as Palmer from being able to improve and contribute on a similar level in the future? I mean he's already shown the ability to produce a nice stat line and hit the 3 as well.

It's obviously not a prerequisite for either players success to have us agree upon our differing perspectives, And that's fine. In the end, agree or not , I for my part, See Palmer as having potential to possibly be as productive for us, as Warren was, should we possibly sign him and give him some time to develop on our team. Again, that's just my opinion.

Also, there's many factors that can contribute to a players lack of efficiency aside from general ability and skillset as I'm sure we're all aware. Such as the utilization of the player in a team setting, coaching strategies and how the plays were designed with the players involved, as well as the level of player development for that individual team. Now perhaps you can see something wrong with his shooting mechanics, or perhaps there's an issue with his decision making?

Who knows, But from what I can tell so far, He's contributing fairly well statistically to this point. So I will choose to stand by my observation. Whether people agree or not.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,382

Post#384 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:09 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Again, That's your opinion man, and you're welcome to it. I don't expect everyone to obviously share the same perspectives on players or their potential. Also, Just because you might not see what I see in comparable skillset or abilities doesn't devalue or dismiss my perspective any more than my opinions would yours. I for my part see similar creative scoring abilities and potential, admitting that Warren is obviously the more efficient shooter currently and in college. But they both similarly in my opinionfind ways to contribute and fill up the stat sheet when needed. But again, I don't expect you or everyone else to share my view. But I'm not going to concede my perspective or opinion, just because it's not the consensus either. Time will tell if there's similar potential or not . So we'll definitely see if I was truly wrong. And if that happens, I'll own it accordingly. :wink:
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#385 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:13 am

if any1 needs a link for the game let me know
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#386 » by suns12345 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:15 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:if any1 needs a link for the game let me know

yes plz
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#387 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:20 am

suns12345 wrote:

yes plz

I sent you a pm did you get it?
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#388 » by suns12345 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:27 am

suns12345 wrote:

yes plz

thanks. PM not working for some reason, but i got it
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#389 » by kennydorglas » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:27 am

Hopefully N'Noko wont play tonight.
Oh my god, he's bad.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#390 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:28 am

idk if my pms are working so ima link it here for those that want to watch...I really don't know if its against the rules or not....if it is a mod can edit my post and call me a dumb idiot!

Spoiler:
http://mygoaltv.com/san-antonio-spurs-vs-phoenix-suns-m12579
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#391 » by ATTL » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:32 am

Jalen can get into the paint and kick it out pretty well. Willing to take the charge too.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#392 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:46 am

ATTL wrote:Jalen can get into the paint and kick it out pretty well. Willing to take the charge too.

Who is faster Harper or Jalen? :o
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#393 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:46 am

ATTL wrote:Jalen can get into the paint and kick it out pretty well. Willing to take the charge too.

Taken two charges so far. Bodes well. Paying attention off ball and getting in position quickly.

How much better off is he developing in this environment as opposed to the one that existed last year? One big plus about the roster/coaching reconstruction under Jones is how much more capable we may be of developing young talent. At least I'm hopeful.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#394 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:50 am

Okobo not looking good again.... not looking good for his future. His confidence is his biggest issue like Bender
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#395 » by kennydorglas » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:51 am

Lecque has a lot of defensive potential.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#396 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:53 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:Okobo not looking good again.... not looking good for his future. His confidence is his biggest issue like Bender

If a McD pick disappoints, I'm not even mad anymore

lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Phnxsports
Senior
And1: 475

Post#397 » by Phnxsports » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:57 am

Man I like Leque. Could be an Archie Goodwin obsession but man if he can work hard and put it together the sky is the limit.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#398 » by ATTL » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:58 am

Ray rice is a good shooter and is pretty physical
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,763

Post#399 » by darealjuice » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:00 am

Okobo having a rough game.... as he makes a lay-up lol
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#400 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:02 am

ATTL wrote:Ray rice is a good shooter and is pretty physical

I've heard in the past Ray Rice is pretty physical.

Return to Phoenix Suns