ImageImageImage

What would you rather have?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Cam Johnson, Saric, Jerome, few millions of cap space more, (Baynes?)
50%
Culver, Warren, Jerome, #32, few millions of cap space less, (Baynes?)
50%

Total votes: 48

Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#1 » by Damkac » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:14 am

Option 1 is what happened.
Option 2 is what would happen without the Pacers and Wolves trades, Suns still draft Culver but keep him for themselves. Boston trade don't change.

What outcome would you prefer?
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Re: What would you rather have? 

Post#2 » by Wilber85 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Damkac wrote:Option 1 is what happened.
Option 2 is what would happen without the Pacers and Wolves trades, Suns still draft Culver but keep him for themselves. Boston trade don't change.

What outcome would you prefer?

I don’t think we take culver . Suns would have picked Coby White .

Change that to no Ty Jerome , Coby White , and Warren basically , while keeping 32 .

So basically

Coby white , Warren (adding a rookie pg ) with a 19 ppg scorer who was 4th best on a 19 win team who can’t play more than 70 games

Or change it up

Saric > Warren and fits a need . Saric may not get 18 ppg but he avg around 13-14 ppg 6 rebounds only on 25 min of play. He has room to improve and a way better contract

Ty jerome and cam johnson . Good shooters smart , and mature . Good character guys .

Baynes - stud back-up center who is aggressive

Please let these rookies play a damn game before u rank !

Remember josh Jackson was an A+ pick up!
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#3 » by Wilber85 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Also let’s see who we can get ! Free agency hasn’t started yet !
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#4 » by Crives » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:23 pm

I didn’t like Cam at 11. If he was our guy I would have preferred to try to trade down a minimum of 4-5 spots. Maybe we tried and there were no good trades..

But I am really glad we didn’t take Culver. Culver is good at everything but great at nothing.
Saric alone will contribute more to winning next year then culver would have.
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#5 » by Wilber85 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:40 pm

Crives wrote:I didn’t like Cam at 11. If he was our guy I would have preferred to try to trade down a minimum of 4-5 spots. Maybe we tried and there were no good trades..

But I am really glad we didn’t take Culver. Culver is good at everything but great at nothing.
Saric alone will contribute more to winning next year then culver would have.

Do you think we take culver if we stay at 6? I don’t
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#6 » by SuperSunsFan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:40 pm

What happened to Saric to cause his stocks to dive so low now? Wasn't he considered to be a Doncic level prospect and a valuable piece for the 76ers not long ago? He was good enough for T'Wolves to accept in return for Butler, now he is being treated like a scrub nobody.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,624

Post#7 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:29 am

I don't mind moving Warren but I think we could do MUCH better than just salary dumping with a good 2nd rd pick. I also think Culver would have raised our ceiling more so than Cam.

All in all, I like the Saric trade which I guess means I'm ok with not taking Culver/White but I wasn't real happy with the Cam pick. Cam's fine but I prefer a player with more upside and none of the medical red flags.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Post#8 » by Frank Lee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:51 am

The red flags were corrective surgery/non injury related.

Y’all just need to get over the process of who we got and judge these players as who they are. The way I see it, we traded Warren and some picks and got Saric, Baynes, and two of the best shooters / thinkers in the draft, while putting ourselves in the position to add a significant FA.

So much concern over who we didn’t get.

This was a calculated day and Jones and Monty got exactly who they wanted. I’m guessing they are quite pleased, with the final touches to come.

No point to keep spilling the milk
What ? Me Worry ?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Post#9 » by Frank Lee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:55 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:What happened to Saric to cause his stocks to dive so low now? Wasn't he considered to be a Doncic level prospect and a valuable piece for the 76ers not long ago? He was good enough for T'Wolves to accept in return for Butler, now he is being treated like a scrub nobody.

The way I heard it, Minny wanted to move up bad and chose to keep RoCo over Saric. Apparently, he’s (RoCo) a best bud of Kat.
What ? Me Worry ?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:58 am

Frank Lee wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:What happened to Saric to cause his stocks to dive so low now? Wasn't he considered to be a Doncic level prospect and a valuable piece for the 76ers not long ago? He was good enough for T'Wolves to accept in return for Butler, now he is being treated like a scrub nobody.

The way I heard it, Minny wanted to move up bad and chose to keep RoCo over Saric. Apparently, he’s (RoCo) a best bud of Kat.

Well Roco is one of the best non superstar 3D guys in the league so he's perfect with KAT. And Saric was unhappy there.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#11 » by hollywood6964 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:11 am

Frank Lee wrote:The red flags were corrective surgery/non injury related.

Y’all just need to get over the process of who we got and judge these players as who they are. The way I see it, we traded Warren and some picks and got Saric, Baynes, and two of the best shooters / thinkers in the draft, while putting ourselves in the position to add a significant FA.

So much concern over who we didn’t get.

This was a calculated day and Jones and Monty got exactly who they wanted. I’m guessing they are quite pleased, with the final touches to come.

No point to keep spilling the milk

The carton's empty.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#12 » by Blonde » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:49 am

I would still do the Warren and Jerome trades but I would have just taken Culver at 6. If they were going to take anyone else at 6 then I’d rather have Saric + Cam Johnson.
JoRain
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#13 » by JoRain » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:35 am

Never was Culver fan, he reminds me so much of Evan Turner, so as it stands, Saric and Cam looks much better to me.
I also like Saric and his fit with the Suns and I don't see any rook becoming as good at the moment even if Dario had a bad season. Suns should try sign him long term this season as well, after bad season he's had could come so much cheaper this year then next year especially if he's going to get back to anything close to what he was with Sixers
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,450

Post#14 » by sasquatchBob » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:26 pm

To be honest, answer to this depends on whether Baynes will play for Suns or not. I hope he does. He will bring toughness to this team.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#15 » by Damkac » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 am

sasquatchBob wrote:To be honest, answer to this depends on whether Baynes will play for Suns or not. I hope he does. He will bring toughness to this team.

Trade for Baynes happens in both scenarios do it shouldn't affect your choice.

Return to Phoenix Suns