ImageImageImage

2019 Post draft, free agency, and trade speculation: Player Shuffle

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Re: 2019 Post draft, free agency, and trade speculation: Player Shuffle 

Post#1941 » by sunsbum » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:17 am

Sunsdeuce wrote:David Griffin is GM of the year. His 2 month resume is legendary!! He should have been the Suns GM but Sarver Sarvered.

Yea legendary hookup on that draft pick. Silver is the real legend.
Flex is now your father.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#1942 » by SunsLyf3 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:17 am

Interesting bit

Read on Twitter
?s=19
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Post#1943 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:17 am

darealjuice wrote:
Read on Twitter

Warriors ending up with Russell would be such a strange twist

Funny thing is it doesn't matter if he wants Minnesota if they can't clear the cap space. I don't think anyone is willing to help them and space is running out.

Wouldn't be surprised if GS is leaking that to try and pry Covington away along with Teague to give Minny space. If they lose Covington though Minny will not be very good imo, even with Russell....maybe a couple years down the line if Culver, Okogie and Bates-Diop pan out but still pretty young.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#1944 » by phx#7 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:17 am

AZWildByNature wrote:Suns need to move $2 million before they can sign Rubio. I doubt they move Jackson since he has no trade value. I could see them moving both Melton and Okobo to create the room needed.

Based on my math they are less the 60k off by just renouncing everyone but Oubre, and I am guessing that difference is either having slightly less accurate data or Rubio signing for slightly less 51mil and it's just being rounded up in the reporting.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#1945 » by sunskerr » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:17 am

Ok so I thought about this...it sucks to hear but it's true.

There is no way in hell Ricky Rubio is worth $7m more than TJ Warren.

That's in a vacuum, without team needs or player positional demand in the market taken into account.

That being said we are a much better team than last year, and much more well rounded. Mixed feelings but at the end of the day I'm more confident in this group of players than any other Suns team in recent memory, since the Dragic teams.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#1946 » by TeamTragic » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:18 am

sunsbum wrote:
Sunsdeuce wrote:David Griffin is GM of the year. His 2 month resume is legendary!! He should have been the Suns GM but Sarver Sarvered.

Deuce pretending the entire draft wasn't rigged :lol:
TheLogician
Sixth Man
And1: 1,532

Post#1947 » by TheLogician » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:18 am

Props to this FO for building a complete roster. I can't believe how incompetent McDonough was.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#1948 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:19 am

darealjuice wrote:
Read on Twitter

Warriors ending up with Russell would be such a strange twist
For those that obsessed with him and Booker teaming up it's probably the best scenario because with Klay and stephs contracts it's nearly impossible to make work for the foreseeable future.

And if Kawhi goes to the Lakers I hope it happens simply for another team that can beat the **** Lakers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,500

Post#1949 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:19 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Gonna be pretty annoyed if the Wolves end up getting DLO by simply moving Teague & Dieng to the Warriors. Warriors would be smarter to just get DLO. Not sure why the Wolves are even in this conversation.

I think the Wolves might get kind of desperate if some team doesn't bite, like GS won't take them...and teams will really start trying to pry 1sts and Culver from them to take Teague and Dieng or especially Wiggins. I'll be surprised if they move them without moving something valuable.

If they lose Covington I think they might have a tough time being very good, even with DLo...I think in that case we might be as good. Their other players are young.

Covington REALLY covers SO much on defense for them. Probably at this point easily the best wing defender in the NBA and can really guard all 5 positions at times.

Which is why If we lost out on Oubre to a big offer, I wanted him in a trade for taking back Teague for them. And even suggested taking Teague and Covington together ( of course then stretching Johnson and Jackson). A hefty price for each team to pay to be sure, But IF we had ended up missing out on our main targets( which we kind of did anyways) . And they'd have to consider it as sending out Covington and Teague together would afford them 30 million for Russell without having to try and find a taker for Wiggins( an impossible task).

With that trade, I just figured why not get the best talent we could possibly pry from a team that is becoming increasingly desperate to achieve cap space to sign Russell? Teague isn't a wonderful option, But he'd be the actual point guard version of Tyler Johnson's expiring contract for us. And we'd head into 2020 with a 20 million expiring and Robert Covington as compensation for our sacrifice.

Not a terrible last resort option I think. Add high end talent in Covington that could really cover the 3/4 for us next to Ayton. And address our point guard needs with a productive veteran stop gap expiring. And if they say no to Covington, that's fine, although they risk losing out on Russell then still. But at that point, I'd demand Culver and a lightly protected 2020 first. Their choice or no deal.

It really depends upon how badly they want to appease Towns and land Russell before another team does.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#1950 » by starbosa10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:19 am

What's are depth chart looking like now? Should be set with guards/ wings? Need a few big bodies
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1951 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:19 am

SunsLyf3 wrote:Interesting bit

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Philly traded the pick for Tobias Harris too...so Philly probably is glad to make it worse as well.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#1952 » by Puff » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:20 am

Getting a deal done with Oubre is the only priority at this point.

If we can't get a deal done and he goes somewhere else we have enough room to sign Rubio plus another player or two without dumping or stretching anyone.

This is why you do not just dump Jackson until we get a decision from Oubre.

We may want to keep JJ if Oubre is gone. We may want to keep him anyway, depending on the, Sun's management, view of his recent off court issues.

I see no reason to keep either Okobo or Melton if Tyler Johnson is still part of the team.

The priority remains: Get a decision on Oubre's future.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#1953 » by TeamTragic » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:20 am

sunskerr wrote:Ok so I thought about this...it sucks to hear but it's true.

That's in a vacuum, without team needs or player positional demand in the market taken into account.

That being said we are a much better team than last year, and much more well rounded. Mixed feelings but at the end of the day I'm more confident in this group of players than any other Suns team in recent memory, since the Dragic teams.

Can we stop with the Warren trade discussion? Dude is gone and you can watch him on the Pacers.
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#1954 » by Blackification » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:20 am

sunskerr wrote:Ok so I thought about this...it sucks to hear but it's true.

Different players, different roles, i'd rather compare whatever contract Oubre gets to what Warren was making.

I think I read Rubio was the 20th highest paid starting PG in the league? Rozier makes more than him now.
Christine-In-AZ
Starter
And1: 1,539

Post#1955 » by Christine-In-AZ » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:21 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:we still need some bigs guessing we just resign Bender since we are going to be over the cap, and another vet min

Hope we use Room exception on Noah Vonleh...only 23, improved this year almost shooting 34% from 3, doubling blocks..has 7'4 wingspan..

Davis is gone (Jazz) ...I'm with ya.

How's Vonleh at rebounding? You're good with the advanced stats
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#1956 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:21 am

sunsbum wrote:

Minus Zion who was a no-brainer, Girffin still made some of the best moves this off season.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1957 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:22 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Gonna be pretty annoyed if the Wolves end up getting DLO by simply moving Teague & Dieng to the Warriors. Warriors would be smarter to just get DLO. Not sure why the Wolves are even in this conversation.

I think the Wolves might get kind of desperate if some team doesn't bite, like GS won't take them...and teams will really start trying to pry 1sts and Culver from them to take Teague and Dieng or especially Wiggins. I'll be surprised if they move them without moving something valuable.

If they lose Covington I think they might have a tough time being very good, even with DLo...I think in that case we might be as good. Their other players are young.

Covington REALLY covers SO much on defense for them. Probably at this point easily the best wing defender in the NBA and can really guard all 5 positions at times.

Which is why If we lost out on Oubre to a big offer, I wanted him in a trade for taking back Teague for them. And even suggested taking Teague and Covington together ( of course then stretching Johnson and Jackson). A hefty price for each team to pay to be sure, But IF we had ended up missing out on our main targets( which we kind of did anyways) . And they'd have to consider it as sending out Covington and Teague together would afford them 30 million for Russell without having to try and find a taker for Wiggins( an impossible task).

With that trade, I just figured why not get the best talent we could possibly pry from a team that is becoming increasingly desperate to achieve cap space to sign Russell? Teague isn't a wonderful option, But he'd be the actual point guard version of Tyler Johnson's expiring contract for us. And we'd head into 2020 with a 20 million expiring and Robert Covington as compensation for our sacrifice.

Not a terrible last resort option I think. Add high end talent in Covington that could really cover the 3/4 for us next to Ayton. And address our point guard needs with a productive veteran stop gap expiring. And if they say no to Covington, that's fine, although they risk losing out on Russell then still. But at that point, I'd demand Culver and a lightly protected 2020 first. Their choice or no deal.

It really depends upon how badly they want to appease Towns and land Russell before another team does.

I have a hard time believing they will actually give up Covington though. I'd give up a protected first before that if they really want to maximize the team with Russell and Towns. Covington is a pretty hefty payment for just Teague. A lightly protected first seems better...they are a team with enough young guys too, especially if they get Russell.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#1958 » by darealjuice » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:23 am

Read on Twitter

Lol what?
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#1959 » by starbosa10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:23 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1960 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:23 am

ChrisInAZ wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:we still need some bigs guessing we just resign Bender since we are going to be over the cap, and another vet min

Hope we use Room exception on Noah Vonleh...only 23, improved this year almost shooting 34% from 3, doubling blocks..has 7'4 wingspan..

Davis is gone (Jazz) ...I'm with ya.

How's Vonleh at rebounding? You're good with the advanced stats

Pretty solid...career avg is 11 reb per 36..last year was same as career avg.

Return to Phoenix Suns