ImageImageImage

2019 Post draft, free agency, and trade speculation: Gem PG is a Ruby Oh!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Re: 2019 Post draft, free agency, and trade speculation: Gem PG is a Ruby Oh! 

Post#1921 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:24 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
Revived wrote:I would prefer this as well. I’d rather him take the QO and then play well enough to earn a $15-20M/yr deal next season than us even give him the $10M-12M/yr longterm deal now.

Can we just give Oubre that 9.6m cap hold and call it good. The QO if 4.6m or whatever. But his cap hold is 9.6m. The Suns don't lowball him with the QO but are fair in terms of the 9.6. Heck - I think the Suns have 750k of cap space. It can be an even 10m for all I care. Oubre can prove it and the Suns can also better manage the longer term cap. If Oubre makes it big - so be it.

I am sure the Suns are offering far above that number. RFA contracts have to be for three years. I believe the Suns are offering 5/75 range and Oubre is asking more like 4/100. Right now, Oubre is working Dallas for an offer and after that he will try sign and trade options. The Suns are probably politely shooting those down one by one. Who know? Maybe he will come up with one they like.

He could choose to sign the QO, but that is not a Bill Duffy thing to do if there is a decent offer on the table. I do not blame Oubre for doing everything he can to get as much as he can as long as it stays civil.

What I do not want to hear is that they are not communicating at all like Bledsoe did.

How do you come up with these numbers? I mean these numbers are WAY above what a player of his caliber would typically be close to getting. THJr got 4/71 a couple years ago but he was a better player at the time...and that contract was mocked at how much of an overpay it was. http://bkref.com/tiny/a7fCL

I mean I can't really figure out why you think we'd be trying to overpay him that much? Are you really down on this FO?
javilugar
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#1922 » by javilugar » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:29 pm

HI! You´re talking about Bender and, well, maybe he could improve next years but there is a player that i like, plays 3-4, shoots well, good rebounder and defends quite well . He had a good first part of the season with the Nuggets. The second part, some of the injuried players went back and did not play (he had some physical matters too). I know him well and he could be a great player and, important, he has heart. He could fit well with the whole team, specially with Rubio, they know each other well. He is earning 3.3M 19/20 and 4.6M 20/21. JUancho Hernángomez. There are too much players in the Nuggets in his position and i think he would be happy to have the opportunity to fight for the Suns. How do you see a trade? Could we offer something? Do you think is or could be good enough?

I will try to improve my english
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1923 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:29 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
Revived wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:I am sure the Suns are offering far above that number. RFA contracts have to be for three years. I believe the Suns are offering 5/75 range and Oubre is asking more like 4/100. Right now, Oubre is working Dallas for an offer and after that he will try sign and trade options. The Suns are probably politely shooting those down one by one. Who know? Maybe he will come up with one they like.

He could choose to sign the QO, but that is not a Bill Duffy thing to do if there is a decent offer on the table. I do not blame Oubre for doing everything he can to get as much as he can as long as it stays civil.

What I do not want to hear is that they are not communicating at all like Bledsoe did.

The Suns would be so stupid to commit to 5 yrs, $75M deal to a player based on half a season’s play.
That is just not reality. 5/75 is probably the lower end of his true market value.

If it was he would have gotten offer sheets and used them as negotiating tactics. Market value is what they market things you are worth and it doesn't appear any other team showed interest at all.

Also, the Athletic had values out there for people and he fell in the $10-$12 range. This is just where his current play dictates. Now knowing us, I wouldn't be THAT surprised if we overpaid, but it shouldn't be by much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1924 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:31 pm

BobbieL wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I highly doubt we have 75/5 on the table and I don't think he's leaving that to wait $20m a yr. I think our offer is probably closer to $10-12m and he's looking for $16-18m

I doubt the Suns are offering 75/5 - that seems steep. Especially when there is not competition in the market. I get the Suns may have overpaid for Rubio a bit - but nothing like Rozier from the Hornets - but Rubio had leverage because the Suns need at PG.

The market is pretty much done. Very few teams have cap space. I guess a sign and trade could be worked out. Maybe Cuban will step up and offer 60/4 and the Suns can just move on.

This will be a test of the Jones Regime - how he handles this. Does he overpay for Oubre to keep him or does he have a plan and understands there could be other options at the right price. Signing Oubre to a contract based on emotion, Valley Boyz, etc - could create another bad contract.

Yeah, Rubio is thought of as overpaid, but he plays a position of far more importance, getting the rest of the team going, directing the offense, etc. He's also been a career starter, not a career bench player. He also plays plus defense.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#1925 » by Saberestar » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:34 pm

javilugar wrote:HI! You´re talking about Bender and, well, maybe he could improve next years but there is a player that i like, plays 3-4, shoots well, good rebounder and defends quite well . He had a good first part of the season with the Nuggets. The second part, some of the injuried players went back and did not play (he had some physical matters too). I know him well and he could be a great player and, important, he has heart. He could fit well with the whole team, specially with Rubio, they know each other well. He is earning 3.3M 19/20 and 4.6M 20/21. JUancho Hernángomez. There are too much players in the Nuggets in his position and i think he would be happy to have the opportunity to fight for the Suns. How do you see a trade? Could we offer something? Do you think is or could be good enough?

I will try to improve my english

Ummm... I do not like the fit and he is not better than any of Bridges, Oubre, Saric or even Kaminsky. We have Cam Johnson too.

He would have the same problem on the Suns, no need for him at SF/PF. He would have been a solid option BEFORE signing Kaminsky,but now there is no place for him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1926 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:38 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Spoiler:
Slim Charless wrote:
Ya if you're gonna roll the Westbrook dice then you need to have a somewhat older team that's ready to make their move now. Someone who already has one star but needs another. I think Orlando would be perfect with their strong front court and weak back court. Bamba, a 1st and filler would work. MIN works too and Miami sorta works but w/ OKC owning Miami's picks I wouldnt be too motivated to make them better if I was OKC.

Orlando isn't there either. They are basically the at the same stage as us. A lot of talk about Miami being a place for him and I have to agree. I think he'll probably clash with Jimmy but that's a team that basically never tanks and Riley has shown he's not afraid to move anyone to build a contender.

.......Wolves would make some sense too since I think KAT is further along in become a legit star compared to Booker but I don't think they are that far in front of us either.

Did KAT drop 150+ total pts in 3 successive games ??? Did anyone ? I dont know what it takes to place Booker in the top tier, but he does that for any other team and this board goes crazy with the accolades.... but, with us, and with losing, he gets the empty stat label. I dont know what the prop bets will be come end of the summer.... but a sneaky good one will be Booker winning the scoring title. The dude is a legit offensive GD juggernaut, and the rest will come. I think Book is coming out with a take no f-n prisoner attitude. This will be by far, the best team he's played on.

I think Book should break out this season but KAT had a monster season. He averaged 24.4, 12.4, 3.4, 1.6 shooting 40% from 3 on good volume and over a 62% TS% with much improved D.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#1927 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:44 pm

let Oubre go, I am tried having unhappy toxic players around corrupting the vibe in the locker room destroying team chemistry. start Cam Johnson in his place, dude could be the Devin Booker or Kuzma of this draft.

problem is these youth people don't see it as the market determining their price but Suns using the RFA rules to lowball them.
SunsLyf3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,557

Post#1928 » by SunsLyf3 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:53 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Spoiler:
Slim Charless wrote:
Ya if you're gonna roll the Westbrook dice then you need to have a somewhat older team that's ready to make their move now. Someone who already has one star but needs another. I think Orlando would be perfect with their strong front court and weak back court. Bamba, a 1st and filler would work. MIN works too and Miami sorta works but w/ OKC owning Miami's picks I wouldnt be too motivated to make them better if I was OKC.

Orlando isn't there either. They are basically the at the same stage as us. A lot of talk about Miami being a place for him and I have to agree. I think he'll probably clash with Jimmy but that's a team that basically never tanks and Riley has shown he's not afraid to move anyone to build a contender.

.......Wolves would make some sense too since I think KAT is further along in become a legit star compared to Booker but I don't think they are that far in front of us either.

Did KAT drop 150+ total pts in 3 successive games ??? Did anyone ? I dont know what it takes to place Booker in the top tier, but he does that for any other team and this board goes crazy with the accolades.... but, with us, and with losing, he gets the empty stat label. I dont know what the prop bets will be come end of the summer.... but a sneaky good one will be Booker winning the scoring title. The dude is a legit offensive GD juggernaut, and the rest will come. I think Book is coming out with a take no f-n prisoner attitude. This will be by far, the best team he's played on.

KAT's been in the playoffs. Sure it was mainly due to Butler but having that in your resume >> regular season accolades(aside form MVPs of course)
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#1929 » by BobbieL » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:56 pm

SuperSunsFan wrote:let Oubre go, I am tried having unhappy toxic players around corrupting the vibe in the locker room destroying team chemistry. start Cam Johnson in his place, dude could be the Devin Booker or Kuzma of this draft.

problem is these youth people don't see it as the market determining their price but Suns using the RFA rules to lowball them.

I am not sure Oubre is toxic. I just think the market is what the market is at this point. Its not what Monteforte or Bontemps on twitter put out there about many offer sheets for Oubre before free agency.

I am not sure other than the Mavericks how many teams, maybe Atlanta, have true cap space. Now, maybe there is a team without cap space that wants to do a sign and trade - I have zero idea if that is even possible with RFAs.

At this point Oubre can take the QO, negotiate in reality with the Suns (think closer to Kleber than Barnes ) or find a team that will make him an offer or a Sign and trade for the Suns. That being said, I would take Jam Green on a one year deal for 9.6 or less and renounce Oubre if need be.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#1930 » by Fo-Real » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:02 pm

Oubre has been the polar opposite of toxic. I rack my brain to try to figure out how anyone can come to the conclusion that he has been anything in the solar system to toxic?!?!
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#1931 » by BobbieL » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:08 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Oubre has been the polar opposite of toxic. I rack my brain to try to figure out how anyone can come to the conclusion that he has been anything in the solar system to toxic?!?!

I don't think he has been toxic. Just might need a reality check. Or maybe just waiting to see if his agent can find a better deal than the Suns are offering. The Suns do not need to overpay at this time.
darmani
Starter
And1: 2,731

Post#1932 » by darmani » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#1933 » by Crives » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:15 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote:People seem to forget that Bender is younger than nearly everyone that was in this last draft, had he had a better system and more stability he may have actually had a chance to develop. Hope he goes to Europe and learns the game and comes back to show up this FO

He's a bum and possibly the worst of all the busts that we picked over these last few years.

He hasn’t lived up to expectations of a 4th pick... but don’t let that cloud your judgement of thinking he has no value as a third string big on a min contract...
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#1934 » by BobbieL » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:15 pm

Article about the Rockets interest in Westbrook.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27140524/sources-rockets-long-shot-grab-westbrook

If the Rockets wanted somebody to take Tucker to help with finances so they can roll with Harden, Paul and Westbrook .. and Oubre hasn't signed - PJ Tucker - love that guys game.
TheLogician
Sixth Man
And1: 1,532

Post#1935 » by TheLogician » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:20 pm

Crives wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
collidingNeurons wrote:People seem to forget that Bender is younger than nearly everyone that was in this last draft, had he had a better system and more stability he may have actually had a chance to develop. Hope he goes to Europe and learns the game and comes back to show up this FO

He's a bum and possibly the worst of all the busts that we picked over these last few years.

He hasn’t lived up to expectations of a 4th pick... but don’t let that cloud your judgement of thinking he has no value as a third string big on a min contract...

Bender is just too soft to man up or defend the rim. And his shot never seemed to go in last year. I think a change of scenery would do him good. He needs to build up his confidence and try again in a few years.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#1936 » by BobbieL » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:20 pm

darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this is true - this will be my guess

Adams and Westbrook for

James Johnson, Justice Winslow, Kelly Olynk and Tyler Johnson with Goran to the Suns :)

-- or just Goran straight to OKC
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#1937 » by Puff » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:33 pm

BurningHeart wrote:Westbrook is a severely detestable player.

No thanks.

If he is not on your team, I agree with you. If he is on your team I expect you would love him.

This is the same thinking that has gone on forever in Phoenix. None of you could stand Kobe, neither could I, so we supported our idea of who we wanted on our team. I expect no one loved Charles Barkley until he became a Phoenix Sun, am I correct? He was not exactly the lovable type of player. Barkley cam closer to winning a Championship in Phoenix than Steve Nash. Hell a lot of folks did not want Steve Nash because of his bad back.

I have read all the negatives about Westbrook, there are many. However he is a monster and in the right situation with the right coach I think he can win a championship or at the very least be in the conversation. Right now the Phoenix Suns are on the back page where the obituaries are positioned.

Yeah his next 4 years salary are brutal but so is our future without him. If we can obtain him while keeping Ayton, Booker & Bridges I would make the deal. Note, I did not say we need to keep Kelly Oubre.

Unfortunately I doubt we can trade Rubio at this point. In addition due to all the new players we have added I also do not know who we can legitimately put in the trade other than Tyler Johnson. I would do a Clipper deal and throw in as many draft picks as they might want in the deal. Our unprotected picks have to be the most valuable in the entire league. The problem is coming up with enough salary to match Westbrook's.

If we are going to ever be legit, we are going to have to swing for the fences. While you probably are throwing up in you mouth even thinking about Westbrook on our team, I expect you will fall in love with him after all is said and done.

This gives us our Big 3.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#1938 » by Wilber85 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:39 pm

BobbieL wrote:
darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this is true - this will be my guess

Adams and Westbrook for

James Johnson, Justice Winslow, Kelly Olynk and Tyler Johnson with Goran to the Suns :)

-- or just Goran straight to OKC

Where is our guy Bobbie ? Was laughing at us for suggesting Miami is the best fit and will make it happen
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#1939 » by Wilber85 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:39 pm

Y’all talk crap to me all the time . I called

Rubio to the suns
Saric trade :)

Let’s gooooo
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Post#1940 » by Slim Charless » Sun Jul 7, 2019 7:22 pm

TheLogician wrote:
Crives wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Bender is just too soft to man up or defend the rim. And his shot never seemed to go in last year. I think a change of scenery would do him good. He needs to build up his confidence and try again in a few years.

This sums it up. If you cant defend, cant score and cant board what's your purpose in the NBA? Ppl **** on Chriss and Jackson all the time-which they deserve, but Bender is just as bad and to top it off is scared of other NBA players lmao. Im not sure what I'm missing here. G-league caliber dude.

Return to Phoenix Suns