Re: Welcome Frank Kaminsky 

Post#61 » by Preacherpj » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:01 pm

looking good so far.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#62 » by Fo-Real » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:35 pm

So who here is still comparing Frank to Bender AT ALL!?!? **** aint even close!!!
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Post#63 » by Qwigglez » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Fo-Real wrote:So who here is still comparing Frank to Bender AT ALL!?!? **** aint even close!!!

A couple weeks later and it’s closer than you think. :lol:

In all seriousness Frank is a veteran at this point and can find his way out of this rut and hopefully soon. We need better play from our PF spot.
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,095

Post#64 » by handsome salary » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Fo-Real wrote:So who here is still comparing Frank to Bender AT ALL!?!? **** aint even close!!!

It's not. Frank is tougher, quicker, smarter and making the right plays on both ends of the court way more than not. No way you'd say any of that about Bender. He's in the G-league (like Jackson).
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#65 » by Frank Lee » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:33 pm

Shank got no mojo.... he airballed a free throw.... not sure I've seen that, ever.
What ? Me Worry ?
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#66 » by NTB » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:39 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Shank got no mojo.... he airballed a free throw.... not sure I've seen that, ever.

You can try to watch Shaqtin'A Fool. There is an airball FT in almost every 5 episodes.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
handsome salary
Pro Prospect

Post#67 » by handsome salary » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Shank got no mojo.... he airballed a free throw.... not sure I've seen that, ever.

I guess you've never watched the NBA.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#68 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:16 pm

handsome salary wrote:

I guess you've never watched the NBA.

Nothin but net. This guy's the reigning MVP and this is yesterday.
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by stoo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Frank considered to play for Serbian national team. His granpa is also serbian. How you guys think he will fit with bogi, bjelica, jokic.. Probably mentioned somewhere here, Kokoskov is a new coach
NotSinceWilt
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#70 » by Saberestar » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:43 pm

stoo wrote:Frank considered to play for Serbian national team. His granpa is also serbian. How you guys think he will fit with bogi, bjelica, jokic.. Probably mentioned somewhere here, Kokoskov is a new coach

Considered in the past or is he thinking about playing for Serbia now? I have not seen news about that.
stoo
Bench Warmer

Post#71 » by stoo » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:53 pm

Saberestar wrote:
stoo wrote:Frank considered to play for Serbian national team. His granpa is also serbian. How you guys think he will fit with bogi, bjelica, jokic.. Probably mentioned somewhere here, Kokoskov is a new coach

Considered in the past or is he thinking about playing for Serbia now? I have not seen news about that.

Now. Kokoskov mentioned it. Said he is having a good season and is a good nba strech 5
NotSinceWilt
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#72 » by Saberestar » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:18 pm

stoo wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Now. Kokoskov mentioned it. Said he is having a good season and is a good nba strech 5

Kaminsky is similar to Bjelica IMO. Both can shoot the ball, solid passers and are usually smart with the ball on their hands. Both have serious problems to finish around the rim because their lack of athleticism and are mediocre defenders at best... not rim protectors at all.

I think he can help Serbia. Solid player.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#73 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Saberestar wrote:
stoo wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Considered in the past or is he thinking about playing for Serbia now? I have not seen news about that.

Kaminsky is similar to Bjelica IMO. Both can shoot the ball, solid passers and are smart with the ball on their hands. Both have serious problems to finish around the rim because their lack of athleticism and are mediocre defenders at best... not rim protectors at all.

I think he can help Serbia. Solid player.

I think he's pretty good around the rim. He missed some bad ones last game, or maybe last couple, but he was very good before that...but he's at around 65% there.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kaminfr01/shooting/2020

It's obviously no Ayton, who is excellent there at over 73%, or Towns at 71%.

But like Saric is under 54%. Oubre you would think is solid, but he's under 65%. Bridges, incidentally, is at 64.5% at the rim. He should probably cut even more for now.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#74 » by Frank Lee » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Thats a deceiving stat... you eyetest this Shank, and he is not your go to guy in the post. Very mechanical, sometimes awkward, never dominant. He might abuse a mismatch, but belly up with a like sizer and he is mediocre as H.

NTB wrote:

You can try to watch Shaqtin'A Fool. There is an airball FT in almost every 5 episodes.

Whatever... I pretty much just watch the Suns... so I hadnt seen that in a long GD time it seems.

I can hardly watch the TNT boys anymore. They are getting desparate for laughs and the hams are trying to entertain too much. Last I looked, they had yoga goats on.... WTF?
What ? Me Worry ?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#75 » by Revived » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:45 pm

Kaminsky getting some recognition

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1912851#p79933059
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#76 » by Revived » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:45 am

Read on Twitter

I have a ton of respect for Kobe (as shown in my post in his thread) and what happened to him and his daughter is a horrible tragedy.

That being said, I hope every player that has changed and will change their jersey number in the future because of him does it based on their preference and not outside pressure. I personally can see both sides of not wanting to wear the jersey # out of respect for him and then wearing the jersey number to honor him. Kinda like how LeBron wears #23 for Jordan.

Honesty just knowing the mind of competitor that Kobe was, I don’t think he would’ve cared all that much about these jersey #s swaps and jersey retirements (besides the LAL one) and things of that nature anyway.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#77 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Spoiler:
Consider that another dose of unfortunate circumstances during a season full of them. Kaminsky shared Thursday that, after a knee stress fracture sidelined him for more than two months, he had been cleared to resume basketball activities on March 11 — the same day the NBA suspended its season because of the coronavirus pandemic. So while some players and staffers from non-playoff teams (read: Golden State) might prefer to punt on the rest of the regular season, Kaminsky is antsy to return to any basketball action.

“I’ll go to Saturn to play basketball at this point,” Kaminsky said. “I’ll go pretty much anywhere. You tell me where to be and I’ll be there, ready to play.”

Kaminsky, who characterizes himself as “fully healthy,” is one Suns player using Veterans Memorial Coliseum this week for voluntary individual workouts with strict health and safety protocols and limited staff interaction. They are his first full basketball sessions in about 5 1/2 months.

He acknowledged it is strange to wear a mask while entering the facility, which the Suns are using while Talking Stick Resort Arena undergoes renovations. And to have his temperature taken immediately upon arrival. And to constantly stay 12 feet away from staffers, who typically set screens, play defense and provide hands-on instruction during workouts.

“But you get used to it pretty quick,” Kaminsky said. “Right now, this is the norm. If this is the way we get access to basketball workouts, I’m sure everybody’s gonna take it. Anything is better than nothing.”

Kaminsky said “a lot” of teammates have visited the Coliseum this week, though he declined to offer names. (Jevon Carter posted an Instagram video from the Coliseum court earlier this week.) And though the Suns were 26-39 when the season shut down, Kaminsky believes the group shares his fervor about possibly returning to play.

The Suns had their full, overhauled roster available for exactly one game this season (Dec. 30 against Portland) — and by then, Kaminsky’s knee was already painful. Building a foundational culture has been imperative for Monty Williams in his first season as head coach. Young players have plenty to prove.

“Any games we can take at this point to go out there and show what we can do, we’re gonna take,” Kaminsky said. “We got a really competitive bunch, and that starts with our coaching staff and on down. … Being able to go out there and play just one single game, I know we’re all gonna go out there and give it our all.”

Kaminsky was navigating an odd season even before his early-January injury. Signed as a free agent to be a stretch big, he often played out of position as a starting center while Deandre Ayton was suspended and Aron Baynes battled multiple injuries. He averaged 11 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game while shooting 34.8 percent from 3-point range, but opposing teams often attacked his defensive limitations.

Still, Kaminsky has found comfort in Phoenix and hopes to stick around. He has a $5 million team option in his contract for the 2020-21 season but acknowledged, “I haven’t really talked about it much, to be honest.”

“Obviously, I really like it here,” Kaminsky said. “I really like this staff. … I’d really like to be back, but that’s something that’s gonna have to be talked about once everything (with the rest of this season is) figured out.”

Return to Phoenix Suns