ImageImageImage

2019 Post draft, free agency, and trade speculation: ValleyBoyz are back!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Re: 2019 Post draft, free agency, and trade speculation: ValleyBoyz are back! 

Post#1901 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Only one national game listed on that schedule. Did we have 2 last year? I know we had opening night but thought we had another one.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#1902 » by JDLAW » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:06 pm

You are commenting (expressing opinions). You started by basically stating you have not watched him enough to state anything. The question remains why are you commenting on this?
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#1903 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:21 pm

The answer remains: Expressing opinions and stating facts aren't synonymous.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#1904 » by Saberestar » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:34 pm

Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
darmani wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/suns/comments/coshi9/suns_regular_season_schedule_insiderrr/

****, the first five games of the season are brutal.

Clippers likely have no PG
Warriors no Klay. I think we should beat the warriors actually.

Well, everything can happen, but the Warriors have three All Stars on their roster yet... and that is not counting Klay, of course. That team is a contender even without Klay. They have added solid players around their Big Four. Players like Willie Cauley-Stein (starting C), Spellman, Alec Burks and Glen Robinson III... they are deep.

The Clippers are the favourite to win it all IMO. Just a ridiculous roster and a great HC. They have the current best player in the world and Harrell and Sweet Lou coming from the bench.

I think that we can win the Kings.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#1905 » by El Hespiritu » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:39 pm

I haven't seen full games enough either Phuns, Utrolls or Gwarriors current rosters to state anything.

I'd go for PHX winng UTA more likely than GSW nonetheless.
And not so sure about winning ex-tanKings (I'd like tho).
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#1906 » by Crives » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:****, the first five games of the season are brutal.

Well, everything can happen, but the Warriors have three All Stars on their roster yet... and that is not counting Klay, of course. That team is a contender even without Klay. They have added solid players around their Big Four. Players like Willie Cauley-Stein (starting C), Spellman, Alec Burks and Glen Robinson III... they are deep.

The Clippers are the favourite to win it all IMO. Just a ridiculous roster and a great HC. They have the current best player in the world and Harrell and Sweet Lou coming from the bench.

I think the warriors are a easier win then the kings...
They just have no defense or wings after losing KD, Klay and iggy. I really think Warriors could be last in the pacific if Klay does not come back soon.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#1907 » by Saberestar » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:05 pm

Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Crives wrote:

They just have no defense or wings after losing KD, Klay and iggy. I really think Warriors could be last in the pacific if Klay does not come back soon.

We will see.

Steph and Russell are an amazing couple on the perimeter... they are gonna be a tough matchup for every backcourt in the league.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1908 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:****, the first five games of the season are brutal.

Also not sure what he means about no PG. Last year they started 3 of them. They lost only one but still have Beverley and Shamet. Lou is basically a PG too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1909 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Crives wrote:

C'mon, last in the west? Klay likely won't be back before the all star break, but they still have the key core of the team who had the best regular season of all time + Russell who everyone here was dying to get. He improved a lot defensively too....I wouldn't talk too much about his defense with our SG's.

I know Iggy is a loss from that key team but he was a shell of himself last year. This team still swept the 2nd round without Durant. Swept the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I will say Russell will have to step up because I would double and triple Steph and force Russell and others to beat me as much as I could. Steph will have it tougher than he's had it for awhile, but he's still a top 5 player and among the best offensive players ever. I wouldn't count any team out of anything with Curry on it. Of course if he goes down, they are in big trouble though and would likely finish last or close to it.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1910 » by wheezy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:25 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Crives wrote:

Also not sure what he means about no PG. Last year they started 3 of them. They lost only one but still have Beverley and Shamet. Lou is basically a PG too.

PG = Paul George. Might be out for the start of the season due to his shoulder surgery (*status to be evaluated before the start of the season).
Crives
General Manager

Post#1911 » by Crives » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Crives wrote:

Sorry pg = Paul George.
I heard PG will be out for beginning of season
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#1912 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:51 pm

I think the Warriors will be at worst a playoff contender. I don't see them close to the bottom of the West.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Crives
General Manager

Post#1913 » by Crives » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:05 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Well, everything can happen, but the Warriors have three All Stars on their roster yet... and that is not counting Klay, of course. That team is a contender even without Klay. They have added solid players around their Big Four. Players like Willie Cauley-Stein (starting C), Spellman, Alec Burks and Glen Robinson III... they are deep.

C'mon, last in the west? Klay likely won't be back before the all star break, but they still have the key core of the team who had the best regular season of all time + Russell who everyone here was dying to get. He improved a lot defensively too....I wouldn't talk too much about his defense with our SG's.

I know Iggy is a loss from that key team but he was a shell of himself last year. This team still swept the 2nd round without Durant. Swept the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I will say Russell will have to step up because I would double and triple Steph and force Russell and others to beat me as much as I could. Steph will have it tougher than he's had it for awhile, but he's still a top 5 player and among the best offensive players ever. I wouldn't count any team out of anything with Curry on it. Of course if he goes down, they are in big trouble though and would likely finish last or close to it.

Not last in the west. Last in the pacific... at least while Klay is out. We will see.

More then anything I think the warriors were dominant due to their defense... now they clearly have one of the worst defenses in the west with the loss of KD/Klay/Iggy. Draymond hasn’t been great during the regular season recently.. it’s been the playoffs when he is stepped up. As good as Curry is... I’m not sure Steph + DLo + regular season Draymond + even less depth then last year moves the needle in the west/pacific.
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,120

Post#1914 » by handsome salary » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:31 am

I'll bitch here especially after the last couple of seasons but I'm getting damned tired of all the Suns so suck threads on the general board. Hope there is a last laugh somewhere in the future.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1915 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:37 am

wheezy wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Well, everything can happen, but the Warriors have three All Stars on their roster yet... and that is not counting Klay, of course. That team is a contender even without Klay. They have added solid players around their Big Four. Players like Willie Cauley-Stein (starting C), Spellman, Alec Burks and Glen Robinson III... they are deep.

PG = Paul George. Might be out for the start of the season due to his shoulder surgery (*status to be evaluated before the start of the season).

Oh, well that would hurt them but they still have most of the team that won 48 games + Kawhi. Anyway, I hope we just don't have to rely on other teams having injuries to win. I hope we can beat teams when they have their players.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1916 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:42 am

Crives wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Crives wrote:

Not last in the west. Last in the pacific... at least while Klay is out. We will see.

More then anything I think the warriors were dominant due to their defense... now they clearly have one of the worst defenses in the west with the loss of KD/Klay/Iggy. Draymond hasn’t been great during the regular season recently.. it’s been the playoffs when he is stepped up. As good as Curry is... I’m not sure Steph + DLo + regular season Draymond + even less depth then last year moves the needle in the west/pacific.

They may struggle somewhat before Klay gets back, and if the Kings and us play really really well it's possible, but I think they will still be pretty good. I think Looney has gotten a lot better and like Saberestar said, they added some depth like WCS and Burks.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1917 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:10 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Crives wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

They may struggle somewhat before Klay gets back, and if the Kings and us play really really well it's possible, but I think they will still be pretty good. I think Looney has gotten a lot better and like Saberestar said, they added some depth like WCS and Burks.

I still see Steph as a legit floor raiser. If there's no stars on the team and just average but competent role players, I think Steph can still propel them to 35-40 wins. Throw in Draymond's defense and playmaking and DLo as an x-factor, I think there floor is still a .500 team. If Klay is back around ASW and even if they slowly bring him back into the fold, they should still win around 50 games.

They will be experienced, talented and well-coached enough to feast on a ton of teams in the regular season but the playoffs is a different story
Crives
General Manager

Post#1918 » by Crives » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:22 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Crives wrote:

I still see Steph as a legit floor raiser. If there's no stars on the team and just average but competent role players, I think Steph can still propel them to 35-40 wins. Throw in Draymond's defense and playmaking and DLo as an x-factor, I think there floor is still a .500 team. If Klay is back around ASW and even if they slowly bring him back into the fold, they should still win around 50 games.

They will be experienced, talented and well-coached enough to feast on a ton of teams in the regular season but the playoffs is a different story

I think Steph/Klay/Draymond just fit together like a perfect puzzle. The sum of the three was much greater then the sum of the individual parts. Steph is really going to struggle on D now... won’t be able to hide him on Defense with the roster changes. I can’t see the Warriors being a .500 team with zero perimeter/wing defense... but who knows... going to be a fun season. Warriors need a healthy Klay back ASAP... but if the Warriors do squeak into the playoffs... I would have them as favorites over LA if Klay comes back healthy.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1919 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:42 am

Crives wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I think Steph/Klay/Draymond just fit together like a perfect puzzle. The sum of the three was much greater then the sum of the individual parts. Steph is really going to struggle on D now... won’t be able to hide him on Defense with the roster changes. I can’t see the Warriors being a .500 team with zero perimeter/wing defense... but who knows... going to be a fun season. Warriors need a healthy Klay back ASAP... but if the Warriors do squeak into the playoffs... I would have them as favorites over LA if Klay comes back healthy.

Steph was never a poor defender on the level of Booker or Trae or anything like that. He was by far the worst defender in their championship line up and they did try to hide him but that's more to maximize the defensive capabilities of guys like Klay, Dray, KD and Iggy and keeping Steph fresh and less to do with covering for a non-defender, which Steph isn't. Teams always tried to isolate on Steph and it'll be easier now that there aren't as many offensive threats but I think he'll hold his own against more offensive threats than we think. He's not going to be a cakewalk for scorers.

The biggest question is DLo. If he's anywhere as good as the league thought he is (All-Star) and he can fit in the Warriors' system, they are going to be surprisingly good. And when Klay comes back, if he's able to play like 30 games of the season, it think .500 is their floor. If DLo just sucks as a fit and Klay doesn't come back until the last 20 games, they are probably going to miss the playoffs and end up being a 40 win team only

Right now, I just have more faith in the proven abilities of Steph, Dray and the coaching than I do doubts
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1920 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:31 pm

With GS and how this year is percieved it depends where you set the bar. Vegas has them at 46-49 wins depending on the book. Even hitting that would be quite a step back from where they have been the past 5 years.

That seems about right although it wouldn't shock me if they went under. I feel like the margin for error is much lower for them. They can't afford curry to miss a month or green to come and have to play himself into shape again. There's also the factor where their opponents are going be as intimidated playing them and with how many teams play this style they have lost some of their system advantage they had early in their dynasty. Teams will still get up to play them and try to knock off the bullies so this season could be a bit of a grind.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Phoenix Suns