ImageImageImage

2019 Post draft, free agency, and trade speculation: ValleyBoyz are back!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Re: 2019 Post draft, free agency, and trade speculation: Oooo where Bre goin? 

Post#21 » by Saberestar » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:54 pm

Read on Twitter
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#22 » by BobbieL » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:11 pm

I think Oubre on a 2+1 makes sense. Suns get him for say 3/33 - he makes 20m or do the first two years- if he outplays, he goes. He makes the equivalent of 4.6 and 15 in first two years.
Mystical Apples
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,349

Post#23 » by Mystical Apples » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:21 pm

With RHJ off the table I’d still look at Sterling Brown (if swapping Korver is an option). Or if at an impasse with Oubre a possible S&T for MKG’s expiring.

Going the 5th big route (I would not) Joakim Noah is a decent option as a 3rd/4th emergency center. Plus he’s another competitive type with the passing gene.
geometry
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#24 » by Crives » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:35 pm

OKC tear down begins... another team we will be better then
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,183

Post#25 » by Frank Lee » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:39 pm

BobbieL wrote:I think Oubre on a 2+1 makes sense. Suns get him for say 3/33 - he makes 20m or do the first two years- if he outplays, he goes. He makes the equivalent of 4.6 and 15 in first two years.

That is a reasonable path, except these players cant remove the egos from negotiations... they look at the league and see the public price tags on each player. It’s a badge they wear. Oub likely was expecting 17-20, Porter like numbers. Not happening this year KO. Get this done and move on. No need for any showboating diva tweets trying to muster sympathy.
What ? Me Worry ?
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#26 » by BobbieL » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:40 pm

Crives wrote:OKC tear down begins... another team we will be better then
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Thi is a great deal for the Nuggets. I am not sure the Suns could afford to give up their FRP in 2020 but I would have renounced Oubre to take on Grants contract.

Nuggets are going to be damn good!

If Oubre doesn't take a deal that Jerami Grant has (3/30 basically ) - than if I am the Suns I am calling JaMychael Green or even Morey about PJ Tucker and renouncing him.

And this is why if Miami does take Westbrook - why Presti might be okay not getting much in return if its just say Winslow, Dragic and Johnson. Its about offloading the contracts as he is acquiring FRPs from other teams. Granted, non lottery teams but still. HIs team wil be in the lottery!
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#27 » by BobbieL » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:44 pm

Frank Lee wrote:
BobbieL wrote:I think Oubre on a 2+1 makes sense. Suns get him for say 3/33 - he makes 20m or do the first two years- if he outplays, he goes. He makes the equivalent of 4.6 and 15 in first two years.

That is a reasonable path, except these players cant remove the egos from negotiations... they look at the league and see the public price tags on each player. It’s a badge they wear. Oub likely was expecting 17-20, Porter like numbers. Not happening this year KO. Get this done and move on. No need for any showboating diva tweets trying to muster sympathy.

Yes, Harrison Barnes got what 80/4 but Aminu, Kleber, Marcus Morris were all in that 10-12m range for 3 years. Marcus was two years. Jerami Grant, just traded was a on a 3/30 type deal. I think all of those players are equal too or better than Oubre at this point. And I would take all of those players at their current deals over Oubre at something like 56/4 . Oubre needs to get into reality

1) take an Aminu/Kleber deal
2) get his agent to hustle a sign and trade
There are options at SF for the Suns
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#28 » by Sunsdeuce » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:48 pm

Read on Twitter

This is super frustrating. No way is Grant more of an asset than Warren. Grant netted the Thunder a 1st but the suns netted nothing for Warren. :banghead:
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#29 » by King4Day » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:48 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Guessing this means he officially signs today?
Wonder when we'll have the presser.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#30 » by Crives » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:49 pm

Sunsdeuce wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is super frustrating. No way is Grant more of an asset than Warren. Grant netted the Thunder a 1st but the suns netted nothing for Warren. :banghead:

I would disagree there... Grant is a better complimentary piece with his D
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#31 » by NTB » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:50 pm

Sunsdeuce wrote:
Read on Twitter

Grant is more valuable than Warren.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Sunsdeuce » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:51 pm

Anyone else hear James Jones talk about Oubre. Dude basically said Oubre situation hasn’t changed. He did not sound like he was serious about bringing Oubre back. I’m not confident Oubre is coming back on a long term deal. Suns being the suns gonna screw this up with a player that actually wanted to be on the suns.

Bet Oubre takes the qualifying deal and then he bolts next year.

CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
King4Day
RealGM

Post#33 » by King4Day » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:51 pm

Sunsdeuce wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't know anything about Grant but if it's true they are pretty similar in terms of value, it's likely due to one being on a terrible team (and can't stay on the court), while the other is a contributor on a playoff team.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#34 » by King4Day » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:53 pm

Sunsdeuce wrote:Anyone else hear James Jones talk about Oubre. Dude basically said Oubre situation hasn’t changed. He did not sound like he was serious about bringing Oubre back. I’m not confident Oubre is coming back on a long term deal. Suns being the suns gonna screw this up with a player that actually wanted to be on the suns.

If he's commanding 15-18mil per, then it's understandable why we're holding firm. He has no leverage. He has to also know that, playing on a bad team, his value may not improve more.

If we takes the QO, I can't imagine he'd make up what he'll lose should he sign for a few mil more per season with another team.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#35 » by BobbieL » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:58 pm

Sunsdeuce wrote:Anyone else hear James Jones talk about Oubre. Dude basically said Oubre situation hasn’t changed. He did not sound like he was serious about bringing Oubre back. I’m not confident Oubre is coming back on a long term deal. Suns being the suns gonna screw this up with a player that actually wanted to be on the suns.

I am sure there is a Sign and trade for Oubre out there. Maybe get a couple 2nds and cap space to get a player like Green

Oubre might want to be on the Suns but he also has to understand market economics. The market for Oubre is much closer to 10m per year than 15m. Cannot have another Brandon Knight. As it was, 6 months ago we were already counting on ARiza for cap space. Oubre really doesn't change that. He signs for the right deal or he moves on.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Sunsdeuce » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:58 pm

DarkHawk wrote:

If he's commanding 15-18mil per, then it's understandable why we're holding firm. He has no leverage. He has to also know that, playing on a bad team, his value may not improve more.

If we takes the QO, I can't imagine he'd make up what he'll lose should he sign for a few mil more per season with another team.

Next years free agent class is really crappy. It’s in his best interest to be a free agent next year. Someone will over pay him in next years free agency.

CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,822

Post#37 » by Saberestar » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:00 pm

BobbieL wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:

Yes, Harrison Barnes got what 80/4 but Aminu, Kleber, Marcus Morris were all in that 10-12m range for 3 years. Marcus was two years. Jerami Grant, just traded was a on a 3/30 type deal. I think all of those players are equal too or better than Oubre at this point. And I would take all of those players at their current deals over Oubre at something like 56/4 . Oubre needs to get into reality

We will see... but it is true that all those players have similar value (I believe) around the league.

Kleber is more of a frontcourt player. Way different player.

Aminu is a good defender but limited on offense. Oubre is a more dynamic player. He is 29 years old.

Marcus Morris is 29 years old too, but he played during last season his best basketball in his career. He can play SF/PF easily, solid defender and good scorer. I value him slightly over Oubre.

Jerami Grant is a PF, in his prime and really good shot blocker. Similar to Aminu, but better finisher. Not the scorer or ball handler that Oubre is, but I like him more on defense.

So...overall Oubre's age is an small advantage over all of them, because in his next four/five seasons he is gonna be in his prime. Usually players plays the most efficient basketball on their careers from 24 to 28 years old (absolute prime at 26 currently).

I would say $44 / 4 years and end this chapter. But not more than that please.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#38 » by BobbieL » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:01 pm

DarkHawk wrote:

The math is quite simple - if he takes the QO of 4.6m - he would have to get a contract that averages 15m per year in over the first two years to get what Max Kleber got with the Mavericks - which is 35/3. This isn't Bledsoe where the Suns might have had more of a need at PG. Oubre has little leverage and the Suns would have cap space to get a SF for one year. I mean, ROberson from the Thunder if they are blowing it up - Suns could just take that contract I believe if they renounce Oubre.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#39 » by BobbieL » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:08 pm

Saberestar wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:

We will see... but it is true that all those players have similar value (I believe) around the league.

Kleber is more of a frontcourt player. Way different player.

Aminu is a good defender but limited on offense. Oubre is a more dynamic player. He is 29 years old.

Marcus Morris is 29 years old too, but he played during last season his best basketball in his career. He can play SF/PF easily, solid defender and good scorer. I value him slightly over Oubre.

Jerami Grant is a PF, in his prime and really good shot blocker. Similar to Aminu, but better finisher. Not the scorer or ball handler that Oubre is, but I like him more on defense.

So...overall Oubre's age is an small advantage over all of them, because in his next four/five seasons he is gonna be in his prime. Usually players plays the most efficient basketball on their careers from 24 to 28 years old (absolute prime at 26 currently).

I would say $44 / 4 years and end this chapter. But not more than that please.

So basically 11m per year though - which was the range the above players are at. I get Oubre's age is a factor. And he might be worth the extra year.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#40 » by King4Day » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:17 pm

Even the Bucks are worse off for losing Malcolm Brogdon, their second-best player for parts of the Eastern Conference finals. (One of biggest swing questions in the 2020 title race is whether Eric Bledsoe has permanent playoff-itis. With Brogdon, the Bucks almost made the NBA Finals despite Bledsoe struggling. Without him, they have limited margin for Bledsoe error.)

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27143232/winners-losers-wildest-nba-week-ever

So glad we didn't extend him.

Return to Phoenix Suns