ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,499

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#521 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:41 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:Re the prospects discussed above.
- Like a lot of young draftees, Terry's likely to become a free agent before he's a useful NBA player.
- Pons and Oturu don't look special to me. Neither does Kira Lewis.
- Desmond Bane is more interesting, if we were to do something that nets us an additional second rounder in the draft.
- I think Nesmith will be an NBA 2 guard down the line, but I don't see a starter.
- Having watched more of Tyler Bey, I'm moving closer to the consensus view that he's a second round prospect.
- Saddiq could be a steal at the back of the draft - good chance he sticks around in the league, I think. Not worth a lotto selection.
- Saw this defensive lowlights video of Toppin the other day on reddit and it has me re-thinking his placement in my draft order. Yeeesh! https://youtu.be/DH9XVYkX5k8

With all that said, let me focus now on the pick we're slotted to have, the #10:

1. I'd be very hesitant to deal it for Gordon straight up, as I don't want to punt on free agency. Looking past the more realistic options (like adding Dragic, a legit two guard, maybe Paul Millsap... there are actually tons of ways to go), there was the little realgm news blurb about how the Pistons will look to utilize their cap space to gain draft assets. They can't lock Christian Wood up with a QO because they don't have his rights, so... maybe that means there's still a chance? I'd much rather sign Wood with our space than tie it all up in Gordon's contract.

All these possibilities and more go out the window if you deal the #10 for Gordon. I also don't think you can hold onto Oubre if you draft Aaron, because I don't think Oubre would or should be content with a 6th man role.

2. Assuming we keep our pick, I'm back in charge of the Paul Reed Express. I think his lack of shot-making ability, combined with DePaul's lack of alternative options on offense, have really obscured his high ceiling. I think he'll be an elite defender at the next level, and that his offensive game will eventually catch up. I see a hidden gem with All-Star potential.

This brings me to an updated Top 5, assuming we'll select #10 or we grab a top spot and trade down out of the baby baller sweepstakes. In no particular order, it's Halliburton, Avdija, Hayes, Okongwu and Reed.

I'll respectfully disagree on a few observations man. First with Tyrell Terry. He's got ELITE shooting and nearly limitless range. That alone makes him valuable nba contributor. Then on top of that, He also has some very slick and crafty moves to score around the rim, And his passing is improving too. Yes, he's small in stature, and currently underweight, However, once he gets into the league and gets professional strength and dietary training, He should add weight and strength. Again, his elite shooting will surely immediately translate too. So he should be a useful nba contributor early on, and easily before he reaches free agency.

As for Pons and Oturu, Are you sure you're not able to see anything special here man??

With Pons: A 6'6 very strong versatile defender (* SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR)!!! one of the best ELITE athletes in the entire draft, And he again has the ability to guard ALL POSITIONS 1-5 Even at 6'6. And he has a developing offensive game too. And is shooting over 42% on catch and shoot uncontested threes. Anyways, Here's a good example of his elite athleticism :

Read on Twitter
?s=09
https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2020/04/15/analyst-yves-pons-is-best-athlete-and-best-defender-in-nba-draft/

And this.

And with Daniel Oturu, You don't feel that a young mobile center that is averaging:
[b]21 points/ 12 rebounds/ 2.5 blocks/ 1 assist. Whilst shooting over 36% fromthree[/b is anything special potentially??? :o
This when Joel Embiid himself only averaged
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/joel-embiid-1.html
11/ 8/ 2.6 blocks/ 1 assist. And only 20% from three! And even now, Embiid himself is only averaging 23/ 11/ 3 and 1.2 blocks. And shooting around 32% from three. And he's again slated for the 2nd round too. Could you actually imagine being able to get a backup 5 nearly as productive as Embiid with a 2nd round pick??? And possibly have him learn from Baynes too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethenews.com/.amp/minnesota-sports/lets-talk-about-daniel-oturus-extremely-bright-future

Oturu is averaging double figures in points and rebounds, along with more than three blocks. How rare is that? In the last ten years, just 10 players have done it (DePaul’s Paul Reed, who nearly hung a triple-double with blocks on the Gophers in November, is also doing it this year):

Paul Reed, DePaul (’19-’20): 15.5 PPG, 10.9 RPG, 3.4 BPG, 55% FG
Mo Bamba, Texas (’17-’18): 12.9 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 3.7 BPG, 54% FG
Jameel Warney, Stony Brook (’15-’16): 19.8 PPG, 10.8 RPG, 3 BPG, 63% FG
Khem Birch, UNLV (’13-’14): 11.5 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 3.8 BPG, 51% FG
Anthony Davis, Kentucky (’11-’12): 14.2 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 4.7 BPG, 62% FG
Jamelle Hagins, Delaware (’11-’12): 12.4 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 3 BPG, 55% FG
Greg Mangano, Yale (’10-’11): 16.3 PPG, 10 RPG, 3 BPG, 48% FG
John Henson, North Carolina (’10-’11): 11.7 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 3.2 BPG, 50% FG
Kyle O’Quinn, Norfolk State (’10-’11): 16.4 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 3.4 BPG, 56% FG
Keith Benson, Oakland (’10-’11): 17.9 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 3.6 BPG, 55% FG
Jarvis Varnado, Mississippi State (’09-’10): 13.8 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 4.7 BPG, 58% FG

Part of what makes Oturu such a tantalizing player is his touch, and part of what makes him so impressive is the competition he faces, so how about two qualifiers: guys who shoot 60% and play in a power conference. What’s that list?

Anthony Davis, 2011-12: 14.2 points, 10.4 rebounds, 4.7 blocks, 62% shooting

Daniel Oturu, 2019-20: 17.6 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.4 blocks, 63% shooting

That’s it!

With the exception of Aaron Nesmith not being starter material, I agree pretty much on all the rest of your observations man! :wink:

Aaron Nesmith is 6'6 and still a very crafty and adept scorer even aside from his elite 3 point shooting. But even that alone would likely guarantee him a starting role on some nba teams, as it's value in today's NBA is obviously at a premium. Having said that, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jones takes either Saddiq Bey or Aaron Nesmith at 10, Similar to how he took Cam earlier than necessary.

Also, I really like Paul Reed, and think he has potential along the lines of a Darrell Arthur or perhaps or a Theo Ratliff with a developing jumpshot. But in terms of skillset, in the late first round, I'd rather draft Jalen Smith ahead of him. As Jalen Smith is already a much better shooter, and more productive at this point honestly. But I wouldn't be dissatisfied with Reed either, As we do need shotblocking big time! :D
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#522 » by Wilber85 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:How about Teshaun Hightower? If we get 10-15

Interesting prospect at guard with good size at 6'5. But doesn't offer much in the way of playmaking with only 2 assists/ average. And his 3 point percentage isn't where it likely needs to be at only 29%. But even aside from that, I just don't really see any teams going near him with his being arrested and/or implicated in a murder charge. That's just not something that any franchise would want to be attached to honestly man. :-?

elite shooter though!
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#523 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Hopefully this really opens up some eyes to his incredible potential and value as a late first/ early 2nd round pick. I still see his potential as a mix of Kyle Lowry/ Isaiah Thomas. And with an ultimate ceiling of Chris Paul 2.0 perhaps with no small amount of luck! :wink:

But most importantly, It tells us that we can still steal big time value in a trade back scenario, And shouldn't be tied to any one lotto guard based on the perception of this draft being shallow. We need to pursue acquiring maximum positional depth through this draft, And additionally also replenish an impressive pool of assets to use for a trade for an established all star caliber veteran player to put us over the top, And back into the playoffs as a potential top 5 seed or better!!! :D
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#524 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:44 am

Anyone have some thoughts on Elijah Hughes with a ( purchased/ acquired) 2nd round pick???

He's pretty amazing at 6'6. Very athletic and a relentless high motor, Reminds a little bit of a 6'6 Oubre honestly with his playing style and skillset,
and averages of :
http://www.tankathon.com/players/elijah-hughes
19/ 4.9/ 3.4 assists/ 1.2 steals. And around 35% from three. He also has Oubres' explosiveness.

He'd be a steal for us in the 2nd round as a backup 2/3. Especially if we go Power Forward or Point Guard first!!!

Another name to consider in the mid to late 2nd round is Trevelin Queen.
http://www.tankathon.com/players/trevelin-queen
At 6'6 , and with averages of 13/ 5/ 2/ and 1 steal per game. and shooting over 38% from three. He's a really skilled and versatile scorer and defensive playmaker with decent athletic ability and good shooting mechanics. He's a do it all utility 3 and D wing. Worth a mid to late 2nd round pick.

So I guess my 2nd round value big board list for a shooting guard would have to probably be:

1- Yves Pons** He's just got to be at one for the stellar lockdown perimeter/ frontcourt 1-5 defensive ability that he brings, along with his unbelievably ELITE athleticism and shooting potential that he could offer next to a " Point Book" or maybe a Ball/ Hayes, Haliburton, Anthony, Lewis, etc. Could you just envision how DYNAMIC our backcourt could even be ?? The Elite athleticism and complete lockdown defense of a Pons next to a Booker/Rubio, Haliburton, Hayes, etc. So, You could have a lineup of....... Pons/ Bridges/ Oubre/ ( maybe Jalen Smith(** Favorite) or Paul Reed/ Ayton( or Baynes)??? :o :o :o
2- Desmond Bane.
Also a major steal in the 2nd round too. He's also a knockdown 3 point shooter/adept scorer, with great strength and defensive versatility. He still reminds me a little of Eric Gordon/ Marcus Smart. Both were players that we've coveted before!
3- Jay Scrubb.
He's got elite athleticism, solid ballhandling, court vision, and playmaking skills. Is a good defender, He's a shot maker for sure, But he needs more consistency on his shot. Reminds a little of Malik Beasley/ JR Smith ( athleticism).
3- Immanuel Quickly.
He would offer incredible 3 point shooting and ballhandling and defense, and even possibly playmaking as well. He reminds a little of Lou Williams/ Ish Smith, Or Royal Ivey for some of the older fans.....lol.
4- Elijah Hughes.
My 6'6 athletic 2 version of Oubre for us. A very dynamic, Ultra athletic, aggressive scoring wing that also plays solid defense. I really like this kids potential to impact the game.
5- Skylar Mays.
At 6'4, Still a very dynamic shooter/scorer, He could be higher, But lacks size, elite athleticism and/or elite playmaking skills currently. But he still brings statistical averages of 49 Fg% / 39% from three/ and 85% from the line. He reminds me a little of Jamal Murray/ Cory Joseph( I believe). A volume scorer, and not great facilitator ( by choice) though.
*** Mason Jones.
A very creative scorer, with an unorthodox or uncanny ability to put the ball in the basket. A bit undersized at 6'5, But reminds a little of Monta Ellis perhaps??
*** Isiah Joe.
A really good knockdown 3 point shooter, Reminds a little of Jeremy Lamb/ Troy Daniels perhaps?
* Trevelin Queen.
I see him as a solid versatile utility type wing. With the ability to do many things well, But nothing really elite. A solid dirt worker/ stat sheet contributor.

And for 2nd round options for small forwards:
1- Tyler Bey.
*** If he actually falls to 30, Which I don't believe would happen. I see him going in the 20s' at worst. He's really an underrated ELITE DEFENDER, rebounder and has a very high defensive IQ and awareness. He reminds of Shawn Marion/ Matisse Thybulle honestly.
2- Robert Woodward.
A strong wing player who is a knockdown 3 shooter at over 43%. And a solid defender too. His game reminds a little of Miles Bridges or Rodney Rogers with better scoring.
3- Jordan Nwora.
Would be a big time value pick in the 2nd round. With good size at 6'7, plays really solid perimeter defense and has decent athleticism, But really is a knockdown 3 point shooter as well. Reminds a little of a younger Trevor Ariza/ Dorell Wright type defender/ shooter. * ( without the Ariza Douchy attitude.
4- Trendon Watford.
Reminds of a Jeff Green/ Ed O'Bannon. A very good scorer with a soft touch around the rim. Is very strong and athletic with a long wingspan that he uses to overpower opposing players. Needs to improve his shooting/ mechanics to take the next step though.
5- Kalil Whitney.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#525 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri May 1, 2020 3:55 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,176

Re: 2019-20 Season Speculation, free agency, summer trades: The excitement of the trade deadline has passed! 

Post#526 » by Slim Charless » Fri May 1, 2020 8:32 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
RedIndian wrote:
NYG wrote:10th Overall for Aaron Gordon straight up? Completed July 1st when Phoenix would have the cap space for it?

I wouldn't. Gordon doesn't move the needle much, and I'd rather just get a good young cheap talent.

This draft isn't great on high-end talent, but I think it'll produce quite a few nice role players / starters. Especially in the #10-20 range.

I would consider a Oubre + #10 for Gordon + #16 move, though I think it's mostly a lateral move.

At the cost of being repetitive, our main concern with roster building has to be find another 3-level scorer next to Booker on the perimeter. That's the only way the Ayton-Booker-Bridges core will work, or we might as well try and trade one of Ayton or Booker.

I hear you on the need for another 3 level scorer should we choose to move Oubre. But there's actually a more than a few such options in this draft, As well as options in the 2nd round. I actually do love Oubre and the swag and energy that he brings! However, if we are looking to the longterm, And taking payroll implications into consideration, Then I'm against the idea of tying up 20+ million that he'll likely recieve from some team that misses out on a big name player in 2021. Our cap space is critical to our extension plans for our core, and the timing for his resigning is just very poor unless he is willing to accept below his potential market value after his breakout season this year. Add the knee injury to that, And he becomes a really big contractual risk for us.

Now as for the prospects in this draft that could replace his production, etc. Just at his position,
There are:
- Deni Avdija
Can do most anything on the court at small forward.

- Devin Vassell** I'd play him at the 2/3 though.
Is an ELITE perimeter defender and high potential scorer. Over 40% for his career.

- Jaden McDaniels. **( A 6'10 Oubre basically). He's a bit raw still, But can give everything that Oubre already gives us. And would be 14 million cheaper. Allowing us to upgrade at other positions too.

- Saddiq Bey ** I'd prefer him at the 4 though.
He's more TJ Warren/ Kris Middleton than Oubre, But plays tough versatile defense, AND can put up 20+ points on any given night.

- Aaron Nesmith** I'd prefer him at the 2/3 mostly though.
A truly gifted scorer. And actually a plus defender. Averaged over 23 per game, and can score at all 3 levels.

- Patrick Williams** I'd prefer him at the 4 though.
** He can play the 3 or 4. A very versatile defender and fundamentally sound 3 level scorer.

- Tyler Bey He's the Perfect backup 3/4, At least defensively!
A walking double/ double. Elite defender. He's an advanced metrics monster.

And in the 2nd round:

****** Yves Pons******
Easily the best defender in the entire draft. Can actually guard 1-5 , He's a chiseled ABSOLUTE athletic BEAST with unmatchedELITE OTHERWORLDLY ATHLETICISM, And he's been shooting over 42% on uncontested catch and shoot threes. He's another relatively unknown potential steal in the draft.
https://www.thestepien.com/yves-pons/

Trevelin Queen
Averaged 13/ 5/ 2 asst./ 1.7 steals and 38% from three. Can fill up the stat sheet fast. Plays tough defense too.
Elija Hughes
Averaged 19/4/3 and 34% from three. Solid defender too.
Jordan Nwora
Averaged 18/ 7/ 1/ and 40% from three. Is a really good defender as well.
Trendon Watford
Averaged 13/7/ 1/ and 26% from three. *** He has to work on his 3 point shot, But has good size at 6'9. And is very strong and excels at taking the ball to the hoop, scoring off the dribble, and using his strength and soft touch around the rim.
Robert Woodward
Averaged 11/6/ and over 43% from three. But he's very strong, athletic and is also a good defender, shotblocker and an explosive dunker. Also hits over 42% from three.
Sam Merrill
Averaged 19/4/ 3. And over 41% from three.
Cory Kispert
Averaged 13/4/2. And over 43% from three.
Alpha Diallo
Averaged 14/ 7/ 2. And 31% from three.
Xavier Sneed
Averaged 14/4/1. And 30% from three.
LJ Figueroa
Averaged 14/4/2. And 36% from three.

Now I am actually cool with keeping Oubre for the right price, And IF we should keep him, Then I prefer the trade back scenario with a team for multiple assets. My favorite being trading the 10th pick with Boston for the 17, 22, and 30.

17- Kira Lewis.
22- Jalen Smith
30- Desmond Bane
***Buy a 2nd from Sacramento or Philly. And draft Robert Woodward

Or
Trade back with Dallas. The 10 for the 18 and 31.
18- Jalen Smith
** Trade Diallo and Okobo for Jalen McDaniel (* on their roster) and Charlottes' 32nd pick.
31- Tyrell Terry. *** Total Steph Curry/ Tre Young potential!!! As he's a lethal knockdown shooter with limitless range, And a crafty scoring/ passing game, and pesky defense. He can play alongside of Rubio, And get stronger and develop.

32- Yves Pons An ELITE college *DPOY lockdown defensive 2/3 to guard next to Booker, and an elite athletic rim running lob threat/ scorer and versatile lockdown defender next to Rubio at the backup 2.

*** Lastly, Buy a 2nd ( 35th pick) from Sacramento and draft Daniel Oturu***( stash in the G league to develop and eventually replace Baynes. He's so incredibly productive and dominant. Like a young Joel Embiid dominant.
http://www.tankathon.com/players/daniel-oturu .
Averaged : 20 / 11/ 1 assist/ 2.5 blocks.And 36% from three!!!

So if Ayton ever goes down again, Or gets suspended for whatever reason, We're still gonna be ok! :wink:

I know that it seems like a lot of young players,
But they'll primarily add a ton of depth to our bench, And we can develop these high potential/ cost effective players for an actual potential All Star caliber trade package, Or we can choose to hold onto some of them for immense depth and then in the next draft ( 2021 or 2022)?? We draft our 3rd or 4th ELITE STAR PLAYER, While maintaining cap flexibility to resign our core. :D

Just reading through this thread and finally caught up. What's the opinion on a Oubre for Markenin deal? I still think that LM would in theory be the best, realistic fit next to Ayton. PF that can hit the 3 and has massive size. His defensive limitations wouldn't matter as much next to Ayton and Bridges plus he's younger. CHI seems to have soured on LM and have need for another wing to help out the slam dunk champ w/ scoring so they might be down for that deal.

This allows us to hopefully use the 10th pick on a PGOTF. My personal choice for that would be that Haliburton falls to us. He's got the size at 6'5 and plays decent enough D, rebounds well and dishes nicely too. He can learn from Rubio for a year then he's our starter. Also, as a bonus he shoots much better then Ricky does.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Re: 2019-20 Season Speculation, free agency, summer trades: The excitement of the trade deadline has passed! 

Post#527 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat May 2, 2020 12:10 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
RedIndian wrote:I wouldn't. Gordon doesn't move the needle much, and I'd rather just get a good young cheap talent.

This draft isn't great on high-end talent, but I think it'll produce quite a few nice role players / starters. Especially in the #10-20 range.

I would consider a Oubre + #10 for Gordon + #16 move, though I think it's mostly a lateral move.

At the cost of being repetitive, our main concern with roster building has to be find another 3-level scorer next to Booker on the perimeter. That's the only way the Ayton-Booker-Bridges core will work, or we might as well try and trade one of Ayton or Booker.

I hear you on the need for another 3 level scorer should we choose to move Oubre. But there's actually a more than a few such options in this draft, As well as options in the 2nd round. I actually do love Oubre and the swag and energy that he brings! However, if we are looking to the longterm, And taking payroll implications into consideration, Then I'm against the idea of tying up 20+ million that he'll likely recieve from some team that misses out on a big name player in 2021. Our cap space is critical to our extension plans for our core, and the timing for his resigning is just very poor unless he is willing to accept below his potential market value after his breakout season this year. Add the knee injury to that, And he becomes a really big contractual risk for us.

Now as for the prospects in this draft that could replace his production, etc. Just at his position,
There are:
- Deni Avdija

Is an ELITE perimeter defender and high potential scorer. Over 40% for his career.

- Jaden McDaniels. **( A 6'10 Oubre basically). He's a bit raw still, But can give everything that Oubre already gives us. And would be 14 million cheaper. Allowing us to upgrade at other positions too.

He's more TJ Warren/ Kris Middleton than Oubre, But plays tough versatile defense, AND can put up 20+ points on any given night.

A truly gifted scorer. And actually a plus defender. Averaged over 23 per game, and can score at all 3 levels.

** He can play the 3 or 4. A very versatile defender and fundamentally sound 3 level scorer.

And in the 2nd round:

****** Yves Pons******
Easily the best defender in the entire draft. Can actually guard 1-5 , He's a chiseled ABSOLUTE athletic BEAST with unmatchedELITE OTHERWORLDLY ATHLETICISM, And he's been shooting over 42% on uncontested catch and shoot threes. He's another relatively unknown potential steal in the draft.

Trevelin Queen
Averaged 13/ 5/ 2 asst./ 1.7 steals and 38% from three. Can fill up the stat sheet fast. Plays tough defense too.
Elija Hughes
Jordan Nwora
Trendon Watford
Averaged 13/7/ 1/ and 26% from three. *** He has to work on his 3 point shot, But has good size at 6'9. And is very strong and excels at taking the ball to the hoop, scoring off the dribble, and using his strength and soft touch around the rim.
Robert Woodward
Averaged 11/6/ and over 43% from three. But he's very strong, athletic and is also a good defender, shotblocker and an explosive dunker. Also hits over 42% from three.
Sam Merrill
Cory Kispert
Alpha Diallo
Xavier Sneed
LJ Figueroa

Now I am actually cool with keeping Oubre for the right price, And IF we should keep him, Then I prefer the trade back scenario with a team for multiple assets. My favorite being trading the 10th pick with Boston for the 17, 22, and 30.

17- Kira Lewis.
22- Jalen Smith
30- Desmond Bane

Or
18- Jalen Smith
** Trade Diallo and Okobo for Jalen McDaniel (* on their roster) and Charlottes' 32nd pick.
31- Tyrell Terry. *** Total Steph Curry/ Tre Young potential!!! As he's a lethal knockdown shooter with limitless range, And a crafty scoring/ passing game, and pesky defense. He can play alongside of Rubio, And get stronger and develop.

32- Yves Pons An ELITE college *DPOY lockdown defensive 2/3 to guard next to Booker, and an elite athletic rim running lob threat/ scorer and versatile lockdown defender next to Rubio at the backup 2.

*** Lastly, Buy a 2nd ( 35th pick) from Sacramento and draft Daniel Oturu***( stash in the G league to develop and eventually replace Baynes. He's so incredibly productive and dominant. Like a young Joel Embiid dominant.

So if Ayton ever goes down again, Or gets suspended for whatever reason, We're still gonna be ok! :wink:

But they'll primarily add a ton of depth to our bench, And we can develop these high potential/ cost effective players for an actual potential All Star caliber trade package, Or we can choose to hold onto some of them for immense depth and then in the next draft ( 2021 or 2022)?? We draft our 3rd or 4th ELITE STAR PLAYER, While maintaining cap flexibility to resign our core. :D

Just reading through this thread and finally caught up. What's the opinion on a Oubre for Markenin deal? I still think that LM would in theory be the best, realistic fit next to Ayton. PF that can hit the 3 and has massive size. His defensive limitations wouldn't matter as much next to Ayton and Bridges plus he's younger. CHI seems to have soured on LM and have need for another wing to help out the slam dunk champ w/ scoring so they might be down for that deal.

This allows us to hopefully use the 10th pick on a PGOTF. My personal choice for that would be that Haliburton falls to us. He's got the size at 6'5 and plays decent enough D, rebounds well and dishes nicely too. He can learn from Rubio for a year then he's our starter. Also, as a bonus he shoots much better then Ricky does.

I'd still really like to snag Markannen, But I think that with the signing of both Karnisovis and Eversly, They might try to salvage things first with a new front office and a new coach too!

Having said that, I'm not too worried about needing to get our point guard of the future in the lottery, As there's still many high potential underrated gems at backup guard scattered throughout the first and 2nd round. Aside from Haliburton at ( If he's already gone!) I like:

1- Kira Lewis. Likely can be had around 17-24.
2- Grant Riller. Likely can be had around 20 -33.
3- Malachi Flynn. *** He's been amazing in terms of metrics! And could likely be had around 28 - 40.

Actually, I really hope that Wiseman falls to us at 10, So I could then either trade back with Boston ( 1st Choice), The 10 ( Wiseman) for the 17th, 26th, 30 th picks.

Option 1
17- Draft Jalen Smith.
** This kid has Serge Ibaka potential.
26- Aaron Nesmith.
An ELITE knockdown shooter, And a plus defender. James Jones type completely.
30. Draft Malachi Flynn.
This kid is super poised, has Elite skills, and is very efficient. He just gets things done, very crafty and high IQ. He's an advanced metrics anomaly.

Option 2
17- Kira Lewis.
This kid has elite speed and the ability to easily break down defenses. He super fast like DeAaron Fox.
26- Jalen Smith.
He would give us elite shotblocking and rim protection along with solid floor spacing too. He's blocking almost 3 shots per game and is shooting over 37% on his threes.
30- *** Elijah Hughes.
This kid is amazing as an ISO scorer and defender. He's explosive and athletic like a 6'6 Oubre. Has the same energy, moxy, and agression too.

Or we could trade the 10th pick ( Wiseman)?? To Dallas for the : Seth Curry/ the 18th pick/ and the 31st pick.
18- Draft- Kira Lewis.
31- Draft - Precious Achiuwa***( IF he somehow falls)?? or If he's gone, Then draft Killian Tillie ( Saric 2.0).

***Finally, Trade Diallo and Okobo to Charlotte for Jalen McDaniels ( On their roster/ Jaden McDaniels brother) and the 32nd pick.
32- Draft- *** Elijah Hughes.
These are my favorite trade back scenarios honestly. But IF we stay at 10, And don't trade back, Then I'd prefer to draft Toppin ( 1) Jalen Smith ( 2) Devin Vassell (3) Saddiq Bey (4) Jaden McDaniels (5). Then trade Diallo/ Okobo / future 2nd to Utah for the 24th pick ( Draft Lewis or Riller). Or trade Diallo/ Okobo to Charlotte for the 32nd pick ( Draft Elijah Hughes or Jordan Nwora).

Last option would be to stay at 10, Draft Haliburton, and then trade Oubre to Minnesota for the 16th pick and the 33rd pick. At 16 ( Draft Devin Vassell or Jaden McDaniels. At 33 ( Draft Elijah Hughes or Desmond Bane.

But the main key to everything for my part is to address the defensive big ( power forward position first , As we desperately need rim protection. and then We can trade some assets, or purchase a mid to late first, In order to still grab a quality backup guard.......Ie;

- Kira Lewis. *** Speed/ penetration.
- Grant Riller. ***Elite Ballhandling/ breakdown ability/ penetration scoring efficiency around the rim. ( Elite scorer).
- Malachi Flynn. *** Elite efficiency and all around skills as a floor general.
- Tyrell Terry. ELITE , LIMITLESS shooting/ crafty scoring and solid playmaking.
Cassius Winston. Elite floor general/ shooter/ playmaker.

And Especially a backup 2/3 that can backup Booker and Oubre or Bridges at the 3 too. And Hughes is incredible with his ISO scoring and defensive playmaking and tenacity as well. He's a 6'6 version of Oubre with more shooting and ISO ability.

He's a 6'7 shooting guard / small forward version of Oubre. :wink: Imagine a lineup of either :
- Rubio/ Booker/ Bridges/ Oubre/ Ayton. And a 2nd unit of:
- Kira Lewis/ Elijah Hughes/ Cam Johnson/ Jalen Smith/ Aaron Baynes. So basically our roster could look like.

- Rubio/ Lewis/ Carter.
- Booker/ Hughes/ Jerome.
- Bridges/ Cam/ Hughes.
- Oubre/ Jalen Smith/ Kaminsky.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Free agent ( Howard or Noel)??
That's a pretty awesome and deep offensive/ defensive mix.

Lewis- can be our (DeAaron Fox/Dennis Schroder)scoring guard for the Bench.

Jalen Smith- can be our ( Serge Ibaka/ Jarrett Allen) 3 and D big next to Ayton at times too.

Elijah Hughes- Can be our Kelly Oubre/ Terrence Ross ) for the bench. That would equate to an A+ draft night obviously. :D
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#528 » by Slim Charless » Sat May 2, 2020 2:13 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

There are:
- Deni Avdija

And in the 2nd round:

****** Yves Pons******

Trevelin Queen
Elija Hughes
Jordan Nwora
Trendon Watford
Robert Woodward
Sam Merrill
Cory Kispert
Alpha Diallo
Xavier Sneed
LJ Figueroa

17- Kira Lewis.
22- Jalen Smith
30- Desmond Bane

Or
18- Jalen Smith

I'd still really like to snag Markannen, But I think that with the signing of both Karnisovis and Eversly, They might try to salvage things first with a new front office and a new coach too!

Having said that, I'm not too worried about needing to get our point guard of the future in the lottery, As there's still many high potential underrated gems at backup guard scattered throughout the first and 2nd round. Aside from Haliburton at ( If he's already gone!) I like:

3- Malachi Flynn. *** He's been amazing in terms of metrics! And could likely be had around 28 - 40.

Actually, I really hope that Wiseman falls to us at 10, So I could then either trade back with Boston ( 1st Choice), The 10 ( Wiseman) for the 17th, 26th, 30 th picks.

Option 1
17- Draft Jalen Smith.
26- Aaron Nesmith.
30. Draft Malachi Flynn.
This kid is super poised, has Elite skills, and is very efficient. He just gets things done, very crafty and high IQ. He's an advanced metrics anomaly.

Option 2
17- Kira Lewis.
This kid has elite speed and the ability to easily break down defenses. He super fast like DeAaron Fox.
26- Jalen Smith.
He would give us elite shotblocking and rim protection along with solid floor spacing too. He's blocking almost 3 shots per game and is shooting over 37% on his threes.
30- *** Elijah Hughes.
This kid is amazing as an ISO scorer and defender. He's explosive and athletic like a 6'6 Oubre. Has the same energy, moxy, and agression too.

Or we could trade the 10th pick ( Wiseman)?? To Dallas for the : Seth Curry/ the 18th pick/ and the 31st pick.
18- Draft- Kira Lewis.
31- Draft - Precious Achiuwa***( IF he somehow falls)?? or If he's gone, Then draft Killian Tillie ( Saric 2.0).

***Finally, Trade Diallo and Okobo to Charlotte for Jalen McDaniels ( On their roster/ Jaden McDaniels brother) and the 32nd pick.
These are my favorite trade back scenarios honestly. But IF we stay at 10, And don't trade back, Then I'd prefer to draft Toppin ( 1) Jalen Smith ( 2) Devin Vassell (3) Saddiq Bey (4) Jaden McDaniels (5). Then trade Diallo/ Okobo / future 2nd to Utah for the 24th pick ( Draft Lewis or Riller). Or trade Diallo/ Okobo to Charlotte for the 32nd pick ( Draft Elijah Hughes or Jordan Nwora).

Last option would be to stay at 10, Draft Haliburton, and then trade Oubre to Minnesota for the 16th pick and the 33rd pick. At 16 ( Draft Devin Vassell or Jaden McDaniels. At 33 ( Draft Elijah Hughes or Desmond Bane.

But the main key to everything for my part is to address the defensive big ( power forward position first , As we desperately need rim protection. and then We can trade some assets, or purchase a mid to late first, In order to still grab a quality backup guard.......Ie;

- Grant Riller. ***Elite Ballhandling/ breakdown ability/ penetration scoring efficiency around the rim. ( Elite scorer).
- Tyrell Terry. ELITE , LIMITLESS shooting/ crafty scoring and solid playmaking.

And Especially a backup 2/3 that can backup Booker and Oubre or Bridges at the 3 too. And Hughes is incredible with his ISO scoring and defensive playmaking and tenacity as well. He's a 6'6 version of Oubre with more shooting and ISO ability.

He's a 6'7 shooting guard / small forward version of Oubre. :wink: Imagine a lineup of either :
- Kira Lewis/ Elijah Hughes/ Cam Johnson/ Jalen Smith/ Aaron Baynes. So basically our roster could look like.

- Rubio/ Lewis/ Carter.
- Bridges/ Cam/ Hughes.

Jalen Smith- can be our ( Serge Ibaka/ Jarrett Allen) 3 and D big next to Ayton at times too.

Elijah Hughes- Can be our Kelly Oubre/ Terrence Ross ) for the bench. That would equate to an A+ draft night obviously. :D

Those are interesting ideas. I like the thought of grabbing Seth-his 3% would be great for spacing I remember wanting to grab him when he was a FA. I'd be tempted to make other moves tho if we actually got lucky enough to have Wiseman drop to us. In particular I'd look to pick up 2021 picks as thats the better draft. Or, in the case of Boston maybe grab Marcus Smart.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#529 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 3, 2020 3:32 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Option 1
17- Draft Jalen Smith.
26- Aaron Nesmith.
30. Draft Malachi Flynn.

Option 2
17- Kira Lewis.
26- Jalen Smith.
30- *** Elijah Hughes.

18- Draft- Kira Lewis.

- Rubio/ Lewis/ Carter.
- Bridges/ Cam/ Hughes.

Those are interesting ideas. I like the thought of grabbing Seth-his 3% would be great for spacing I remember wanting to grab him when he was a FA. I'd be tempted to make other moves tho if we actually got lucky enough to have Wiseman drop to us. In particular I'd look to pick up 2021 picks as thats the better draft. Or, in the case of Boston maybe grab Marcus Smart.

I like the way you think man! :wink: And agree that I'd also have interest in obtaining a 2021 first round pick too. So with respect to that, I have a few thoughts on that and also Marcus Smart.
There are a few teams that would have definite interest in Wiseman, Perhaps even to the point of giving up their 2021 first. These teams come to mind are:

- Golden State
The 10th pick *( Wiseman) for Eric Paschall, and the Minnesota 2021 protected first.
***** After this particular trade, I would trade Oubre to Dallas for:
Seth Curry/ 18th pick/ 31st pick.

18- Draft Jaden McDaniels( Oubre replacement). 31- Draft Patrick Williams or Paul Reed.

- Chicago
10th pick * ( Wiseman) for WCJ / 47th pick/ and their 2021 top 5 lottery protected first.

47- Draft Jared Butler or Payton Pritchard.

- Charlotte
10th pick *( Wiseman) for Jalen McDaniels/ Dwayne Bacon/ the 32nd pick/ and their 2021 top 3 protected 2021 first.

32- Draft Malachi Flynn or Emmanuel Quickly.

- Sacramento
For KyleGuy / 12th pick/ 2021 top 10 lottery protected first.

12- Draft Devin Vassell or Saddiq Bey. Then trade Diallo and Okobo to Utah for the 24th pick.

24- Draft Kira Lewis or Emmanuel Quickly.
** Buy a 2nd round pick from Sacramento, and at:
35- Reggie Perry ( Bam Adebayo 2.0)??? Backup 4.

- Boston*** By far my top choice!!!
For Marcus Smart and the 17th and 30th picks.
-Dallas.

17- Draft Jalen Smith.
30- Draft Emmanuel Quickly or Elijah Hughes.

*** And maybe Washington perhaps??? ***( IF we move up past them)???
- Wiseman ** for the 9th pick/ 37th pick/ and their 2021 top 8 protected first.

9- Draft *** Devin Vassell ( Oubre replacement).
37- Draft Malachi Flynn. ***Then trade Oubre to Minnesota for the 16th pick/ 33rd pick.

16- Draft Jalen Smith.
33- Draft Emmanuel Quickly (1) or Elijah Hughes ( 2).
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#530 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 3, 2020 4:09 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's really hard to predict what should or even can be done this off-season because as of now we have no idea where the cap will fall. The league will lose revenue but the question is how much and if they will spread that loss out over several seasons. The spreading out will be interesting since the players balked at spreading out the spike a few years back.

Overall I think the suns should mostly run it back with just a couple key additions (combo guard and another bigger forward). Continuity will be a major plus next year with likely less practice time and probably a shorter season.

I think no matter what happens we're going to see a brutal year for players to be FAs, money will be scarce and teams that have it might wait until it's a better class in more normal conditions in the 21 off-season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

One rumor that I heard was that they expected a potential loss of around 20-25%. And mentioned that it might reduce the suns available cap by around 10 million or so, And that some teams would be drastically affected, IF they were close to or nearly up against the cap. I believe it was from a " Lockd on Suns" podcast. But I'll have to double check though. Anyways, that's why I want to look to this depth as a mode of obtaining potential contractually cheap positional depth and also for the purpose of replenishing our depleted trade assets with high value cost controlled talent on rookie contracts or even 2nd round contracts. And I'm also fine with " running it back" just so long as Saric isn't starting.

Now as for the combo guard and the bigger forward, James Jones mentioned that overall we need ( or he's prioritizing ) shooting, defensive and offensive playmaking, and a need for players that can offer an elite skill or attribute. So the players that to me personally fill that bill in the draft are:

Kira Lewis.
Elite speed and ability to break down the opposing defense. He can burn opposing defenses with his speed and shooting, and create mismatches and scoring opportunities.

Saddiq Bey.
Elite ability to score as a 3 level scorer, And actually also offers solid defense. He's a gamer. He fits multiple considerations mentioned by James Jones.

Jalen Smith.
Elite shotblocking and rebounding floor spacer ( 3 and D big). He provides the top tier frontcourt defense and floor spacing that we've been looking for, For too long.

Aaron Nesmith. Elite perimeter ( 3 point) shooting. Very much a James Jones type player. And actually a plus defender too. Similar to Cam Johnson in many ways for better or worse.

Paul Reed.
Elite shotblocking defender. Developing scorer as well, but very fluid.

Emmanuel Quickly.
Elite shooter and above average defender and playmaker. A high potential elite scoring / defender for a combo guard. Very underrated honestly.

Grant Riller.
Elite ISO scorer. Elite penetration and scoring at the rim. One of the most efficient ISO scorers in all of college basketball. Also has elite ballhandling and clutch shot making skillset. The point being in that we can trade back for value, Once we actually know wherein we will be picking, acquire desirable low cost assets to develop and later flip for a great player. And the beauty is that as they develop more and contribute more, Their rookie scale contracts will become exponentially more valuable to many teams that will be restricted by the cap reduction.

So fill our needs for roster depth at combo guard and for a 3 and D 4 through this draft. And then target one or two quality veteran additions IF available. Then run it back! :wink:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#531 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 3, 2020 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Maybe not a lottery prospect honestly at the age of 22. And also with not being very athletic either. But as a mid- late 2nd round pick, definitely! Especially with his ELITE ISO scoring ability. I would have to salivate at possible trade back scenarios, Wherein you could potentially have a bench backcourt of one:
- Kira Lewis/ Mason Jones.
- Emmanuel Quickly/ Mason Jones.
- Kira Lewis/ Elijah Hughes.
- Emmanuel Quickly/ Elijah Hughes.
Any of those combinations would give you very impressive / potent scoring. Hopefully, IF one of Ball/ Toppin/ Okungwu/ Avdija/ Haliburton don't fall to us, We can trade back for additional assets, To replenish our roster depth and future tradable assets.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#532 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon May 4, 2020 6:53 am

To reiterate, Here are three really underrated, relatively unknown phenomenal ISO scoring prospects that I want to make sure I mention before I forget, They should be available in/ around the mid to late 2nd round for next to nothing, And are:

1- Mason Jones
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/mason-jones-scouting-report/ . 6'5 200 lbs?
He's a really elite iso scorer. He consistently hits amazing clutch shots, and has a really incredible/ uncanny ability to score. He has multiple 30 and 40 point games. He averaged 22/5 /3 this season. Anyways, He's slated to go in the mid-late 2nd round, and maybe even could be an undrafted prospect. I really believe that he could have 6th man scoring potential. :wink: And would do great playing off of a defensive elite facilitator like Rubio.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/mason-jones-1.html

Jalen Harris
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jalen-harris-2.html .
He's 6'5 195 lbs. Is pretty athletic, and averaged 21/ 6/ 3. He's also a very dynamic/ elite iso scorer. He's also slated around late 2nd round - undrafted as a prospect. So again, The overall cost to add bench depth with any one of the three player would be minimal. But the potent offense and iso scoring they could provide for us would be invaluable.

https://www.thestepien.com/2020/03/05/jalen-harris-scouting-report/

Elijah Hughes
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/elijah-hughes-scouting-report/
He's a 6'6 215 lb. 2/3 that is a very versatile iso scorer with electric athleticism and high energy defensive playmaking potential. He averaged 19/4/ 3. For his style of play and skillset, He's a 6'6 Oubre clone, Complete with moxy and an edge.

Any combination of:

-Mason Jones/ Elijah Hughes.
-Jalen Harris/ Elijah Hughes.
-Emmanuel Quickly/ Elijah Hughes.
- Emmanuel Quickly/ Mason Jones.
- Mason Jones/ Desmond Bane.
-Emmanuel Quickly/ Elijah Hughes.
- Jalen Harris/ Desmond Bane.
- Emmanuel Quickly/ Jalen Harris.

*** Kira Lewis/ Mason Jones.
*** Kira Lewis/ Jalen Harris.
*** Kira Lewis/ Elijah Hughes.
*** Grant Riller/ Mason Jones.
*** Grant Riller/ Elijah Hughes.
*** Grant Riller/ Jalen Harris.

Any of these combinations would give us incredible iso scoring and potent offense for our bench. My suggestion is that we get our big or 3 and D frontcourt player with our 10th pick, Or in a trade back scenario. I'd be fine with any one of Saddiq Bey, Devin Vassell , hopefully Jalen Smith( I really want him most in a Serge Ibaka role next to Ayton though! ) :pray: Paul Reed, Aaron Nesmith, Or maybe even Kira Lewis at 10, Or in a trade back ( hopefully) scenariofor additionalassets :pray: Then absolutely pick up a 2nd round pick or two, And make sure that we grab some combination of those elite iso scorers that I mentioned above.

That way, We've addressed our critical frontcourt defensive needs, Our scoring needs, Our playmaking needs and Especially our ISO SCORING issues. ( We will have traded both Diallo and Okobo to acquire those 2nd round prospects) and to make room on our roster. Then we add one or two quality vets in free agency **( IF NEEDED), RELEASE Carter, Renounce Saric, resign Baynes, and pick up Kaminskys' option. And run it back. So post draft...........

- Our first round Big ( Saddiq Bey or Jalen Smith)?? will replace Diallos' spot.
- Immanuel Quickly or Mason Jones or Jalen Harris will replace Jevon Carter's spot.
- Either Elijah Hughes or Desmond Bane will replace Okobos' spot.

*** Saric will be replaced by a free agent. Maybe Milsapp, Ibaka, Favors, Patterson, etc???
*** Kaminsky and Smith or Reed can share minutes at the 3rd string 4/5.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#533 » by Revived » Tue May 5, 2020 11:46 am

I want us to draft someone that has very good playmaking skills, can defend and hit 3s. I don’t care about scoring at all. Seems like scoring is the easiest thing to do in the NBA and it’s not hard to find scorers at all but it’s harder to find true playmakers that are also 3 & D guys.

Probably too much to ask but hopefully there’s at least someone that shows the promise to be developed into this mold.

I imagine, though, that we will go PF in the 1st round. Unless there’s a solution to that in free agency.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#534 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 6, 2020 12:38 am

Revived wrote:I want us to draft someone that has very good playmaking skills, can defend and hit 3s. I don’t care about scoring at all. Seems like scoring is the easiest thing to do in the NBA and it’s not hard to find scorers at all but it’s harder to find true playmakers that are also 3 & D guys.

Probably too much to ask but hopefully there’s at least someone that shows the promise to be developed into this mold.

I imagine, though, that we will go PF in the 1st round. Unless there’s a solution to that in free agency.

You're not wrong to prioritize that man! And although this draft lacks that star luster at the top and mostly throughout, There are still quite a few solid options to be found throughout this draft. The two players that immediately come to mind, that encompass those skills/ abilities are:

Devin Vassell ( 3 and D / Hit threes/ and a solid playmaker) and Saddiq Bey ( does all of those things basically). Now of those two prospects, The most James Jones typecast would be Saddiq Bey . Unless we somehow could miraculously move up in the draft and get maximum value in a trade back scenario. Now my suggestion would absolutely be to acquire a quality 3 and D power forward in this order of value:

1- Devin Vassell.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/devin-vassell-scouting-report/
Read on Twitter
?s=19

He's an elite defender and defensive playmaker. He's also a very solid scorer and is an adequate playmaker too. Would be great in a small ball oriented scheme next to Oubre at the 4.

2- Saddiq Bey.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/saddiq-bey-scouting-report/
Read on Twitter
?s=09

Read on Twitter
?s=19

He's a very good positional defender, a solid playmaker, and an elite perimeter scorer. His skillset and abilities actually check every box that Jones has mentioned, And he's absolutely the type of prospect that Jones would identify with and covet. I really think that Jones looks to draft him at 10 if we stay at that pick.

3- Jalen Smith.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/jalen-smith-scouting-report/
[img]

He's an elite shotblocker, A really solid, energetic rebounder and floor spacer as well, and honestly just too perfect for our frontcourt defensive and floor spacing needs, as he also happens to be shooting over 37% from three for the season. He's basically a young Serge Ibaka in terms of skillset, On a rookie contract.

4- Paul Reed.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/paul-reed-scouting-report/
He would at least offer really solid defense,The ability to hit the three somewhat reasonably, and a small modicum of playmaking.

5- Jaden McDaniels.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/jaden-mcdaniels-scouting-report/
He offers a fair amount of all of the skills that Jones is looking for. He's a good shotblocker, a decent playmaker, has advanced ballhandling skills and has good shooting mechanics with the ability to hit the three. Although he does need to improve upon his consistency, decision making and poise.

6- Aleksev Pokusevski.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/aleksej-pokusevski/
He's a really good shotblocker and playmaking big, And also a really good shooter too. And does also fit a of the various skills what Jones has mentioned. But he is a project, And super thin, so he absolutely needs to really add weight and strength to be able to handle the NBA size, and strength adjustments. But again, He does fit the varying skillsets that James Jones is looking for.

Now any of these prospects would help address some of the issues James Jones discussed. BUT Again, My preference would emphatically be to address our needs for a 3 and D power forward in the first round, As this is a point guard heavy draft throughout. And you can still easily get a quality playmaking point guard in the late first or into the 2nd round of this draft. A few prospects that would be optimal are:

1- Tre Jones.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/tre-jones-scouting-report/
He's a very crafty and creative playmaker, A cerebral consummate floor general, and ELITE defender and facilitator, And an improving shooter as well.

2- Malachi Flynn.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/malachi-flynn-scouting-report/
He's a very skilled guard with a high basketball IQ and great advanced metrics. He has really solid playmaking, shooting, passing and also plays gritty defense. He's very poised and just a solid leader all around.

3- Cassius Winston.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/cassius-winston-scouting-report/
He's a very solid floor general, A tenacious playmaker with a really solid offensive skillset, and who also plays adequate defense. He's just a really solid leader at point guard.

4- Payton Pritchard.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/payton-pritchard-scouting-report/
Pritchard is a Tough, tenacious floor general with good playmaking skills and a really solid perimeter game. He also plays solid, pesky defense.

5- Joel Ayayi.
https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/joel-ayayi-scouting-report/
Ayai is a really solid defensive oriented guard with a solid developing perimeter game, and an improving playmaking skillset. He'd be a really solid defender next to Booker, Or a decent backup guard off the bench.

Ideally you hope for Tre Jones or Malachi Flynn if you acquire/ trade or purchase another pick ( late first/ 2nd round pick). Also Kira Lewis in the late teens to early 20s' would be really dynamic as a scorer and defender, given his blazing fast speed. And he also has potential to be a dynamic playmaker/ facilitator with his ability to easily break down defenses with his penetration.

Now as for taking scorers in the 2nd round, I'd still be very inclined to add one or two of the ELITE ISO SCORERS that I mentioned above in Mason Jones, Jalen Harris, or Elijah Hughes, As James Jones himself mentioned a need for additional OFFENSIVE playmakers that could be iso proficient in order to take some pressure off of Booker, As well as to help sustain the leads that we often build and then repeatedly give up! I chose those prospects specifically for their abilities as ELITE isolation scorers. Because as we have also seen, We still have repeated instances of scoring droughts and a general lack of players that can proficiently break down opposing defenses, and score or draw fouls aside from Booker and perhaps Ayton. The rest of our roster has been woefully inefficient and inconsistent unfortunately. :-?
theSUNalsoRISES
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#535 » by theSUNalsoRISES » Wed May 6, 2020 3:33 pm

To me the player we should be targeting with our pick has to be Tyrese Haliburton. In a word, the guy is efficient. The analytics love him. However, the knock against Haliburton is the same against analytics as whole. Is the state line of 6-6 shooting, 10 assists and 0 turnovers as impactful as shooting 11-22 and contributing 36 points ?. The thing is, from a Phoenix suns perspective when don't need players taking the ball away from Booker & Ayton. We need a player who can affect the game without the ball and hit shots when called upon.

Having an efficient shooter and a high IQ fits our offence. I'd rather have Haliburton shooting open shots over Rubio, Jerome or Carter. The guy is also awesome in the open court and just makes the smart play. Examining the draft, there isn't many great number 1 or even 2 options but we could find our own Draymond Green or Iggy. Tyrese Haliburton could be that player.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#536 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed May 6, 2020 11:14 pm

theSUNalsoRISES wrote:To me the player we should be targeting with our pick has to be Tyrese Haliburton. In a word, the guy is efficient. The analytics love him. However, the knock against Haliburton is the same against analytics as whole. Is the state line of 6-6 shooting, 10 assists and 0 turnovers as impactful as shooting 11-22 and contributing 36 points ?. The thing is, from a Phoenix suns perspective when don't need players taking the ball away from Booker & Ayton. We need a player who can affect the game without the ball and hit shots when called upon.

Having an efficient shooter and a high IQ fits our offence. I'd rather have Haliburton shooting open shots over Rubio, Jerome or Carter. The guy is also awesome in the open court and just makes the smart play. Examining the draft, there isn't many great number 1 or even 2 options but we could find our own Draymond Green or Iggy. Tyrese Haliburton could be that player.

I actually really do like Haliburton as a backup guard option for us at 10, And wouldn't at all be upset with drafting him, IF he were somehow still there for us when we pick. However, I just don't honestly think that he will be there by the 10th pick, With all of the teams that are projected ahead of us, and with the majority of those teams having a direct need for / or a profound interest in upgrading their current point guard position as well. Outside of us moving up into the top 5 of the draft somehow, I just can't see him.making it past teams like New York, Minnesota, Detroit, Charlotte, Or even Atlanta and/ or Golden state specifically could have interest in an elite facilitator like he is to be setting up their elite offense. So with respect to that, I haven't discussed him all that much if at all.

Again, I think that he'll definitely be gone before 10, So IF that's the case, And Ball ( 1st) Hayes ( 2nd) Haliburton ( 3rd) Anthony ( 4th) are all off the board by our 10th pick, Then I'd again recommend trading back to secure additional assets. I think that our best bet would be to trade back with either Boston ( 1st) or Dallas ( 2nd) or Minnesota ( 3rd).

1-Phoenix/ Boston-
The 10th pick for the 17th/ 26th/30th picks

17- Draft Kira Lewis or Theo Maledon or Nico Mannion.
26- Draft Jalen Smith or Paul Reed, or Patrick Williams.
30- draft Immanuel Quickly or Desmond Bane.

Or **( IF They'd be willing)??? The 10th pick/ Diallo/ Okobo for Marcus Smart and the 17th pick.

17- Jalen Smith or Paul Reed or Jaden McDaniels.

2- Phoenix/ Dallas-
The 10th pick and Diallo for the 18th and 31st picks.
18- Jalen Smith or Paul Reed or Patrick Williams.
31- Draft Grant Riller or Tyrell Terry or Malachi Flynn.

3- Phoenix/ Minnesota-
The 10th pick for the 16th pick/ 33rd pick.

16- Draft Kira Lewis or Theo Maledon or Tre Jones.
33- Draft Reggie Perry or Killian Tillie or Xavier Tillman. And Then just purchase a mid to late 2nd to add additional shooting/ ISO scoring ( to help maintain our leads, and to help take some pressure off of Booker. The top ISo scorers in the 2nd round are Mason Jones, Elijah Hughes, and Jalen Harris. The overall point is that in this draft, we will actually have quit a few options to choose from positionally, As this draft is considered to have steady but average value across the board and into the 2nd round.

But it will be much easier to figure out the best possible moves once the lottery happens, and the pick and prospect ranges are identifiable. :D
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#537 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri May 8, 2020 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Still one of my very favorite options for backup guard, Just outside of the 10th pick. I would love to somehow get him in a trade back scenario somewhere in the mid- late teens of the draft, Which is where I project him to be drafted. He's just so incredibly solid!!! Has very few weaknesses if any, And will be a very efficient/ productive and poised floor general with a mature game, Much in the style of a Deron Williams( iso creation scoring ability) and a Fred Van Vleet ( leadership/ poise/ clutch play). He's going to absolutely be a steal for some lucky team in this draft. :D
youngWizzy
Rookie
And1: 481

Post#538 » by youngWizzy » Sat May 9, 2020 2:11 am

Hello everybody,

Tool: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com

I recently developed an NBA Draft Comparison tool that has gained a good amount of popularity on Twitter by several draft analysts

The tool retrieves similar physical, statistical (per40), and advanced stat comparisons for any player dating back to the 2000 NBA Draft based on their position

Note: Advanced stats only go back to the 2011 Draft and there are currently only limited physical comparisons for some of the 2020 prospects as the combine hasn't reported official measurements. Additionally, if you cannot find a player in the stats, visuals, or advanced pages you can enter their sports-reference url and the site will generate the comparisons then.

If you end up seeing this, any feedback/comments/suggestions that you have or would like me to add a feature to the website is something that I'd appreciate a whole lot. You can dm me here but preferable on twitter:youngwizzydfs and I will respond asap.

The experience is a lot better on desktop/laptop than mobile which is something I am working on right now

If you don't mind sharing the tool with your friends and people that would mean a whole lot as it could lead to potential donations to my site that will help keep it up! Been working on this for a few years now so it's been one hell of a roller coaster ride!

Per 40 stat comparison can be found here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/stats

Advanced stat comparisons can be found here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/advanced

Physical comparisons can be found here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/measurements

A visualizations page which visualizes how a player compares to their position can be found here: https://nbadraftcomp.herokuapp.com/visuals

Twitter: @youngwizzydfs
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#539 » by Slim Charless » Sat May 9, 2020 8:06 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
theSUNalsoRISES wrote:To me the player we should be targeting with our pick has to be Tyrese Haliburton. In a word, the guy is efficient. The analytics love him. However, the knock against Haliburton is the same against analytics as whole. Is the state line of 6-6 shooting, 10 assists and 0 turnovers as impactful as shooting 11-22 and contributing 36 points ?. The thing is, from a Phoenix suns perspective when don't need players taking the ball away from Booker & Ayton. We need a player who can affect the game without the ball and hit shots when called upon.

I actually really do like Haliburton as a backup guard option for us at 10, And wouldn't at all be upset with drafting him, IF he were somehow still there for us when we pick. However, I just don't honestly think that he will be there by the 10th pick, With all of the teams that are projected ahead of us, and with the majority of those teams having a direct need for / or a profound interest in upgrading their current point guard position as well. Outside of us moving up into the top 5 of the draft somehow, I just can't see him.making it past teams like New York, Minnesota, Detroit, Charlotte, Or even Atlanta and/ or Golden state specifically could have interest in an elite facilitator like he is to be setting up their elite offense. So with respect to that, I haven't discussed him all that much if at all.

Again, I think that he'll definitely be gone before 10, So IF that's the case, And Ball ( 1st) Hayes ( 2nd) Haliburton ( 3rd) Anthony ( 4th) are all off the board by our 10th pick, Then I'd again recommend trading back to secure additional assets. I think that our best bet would be to trade back with either Boston ( 1st) or Dallas ( 2nd) or Minnesota ( 3rd).

1-Phoenix/ Boston-

Or **( IF They'd be willing)??? The 10th pick/ Diallo/ Okobo for Marcus Smart and the 17th pick.

2- Phoenix/ Dallas-

3- Phoenix/ Minnesota-

33- Draft Reggie Perry or Killian Tillie or Xavier Tillman. And Then just purchase a mid to late 2nd to add additional shooting/ ISO scoring ( to help maintain our leads, and to help take some pressure off of Booker. The top ISo scorers in the 2nd round are Mason Jones, Elijah Hughes, and Jalen Harris. The overall point is that in this draft, we will actually have quit a few options to choose from positionally, As this draft is considered to have steady but average value across the board and into the 2nd round.

But it will be much easier to figure out the best possible moves once the lottery happens, and the pick and prospect ranges are identifiable. :D

If that's the way the draft falls while taking also out Edwards, Wiseman, Toppin and Deni then that still allows for someone like Okgongwu to drop to us fill our massive hole at PF. Why wouldn't you just want to grab him? He's 6'9, comes from a major conference, plays good defence and fills a stat sheet up very nicely with 16/8.5/2.7 line in his 1st year plus he's also only 19. We all wanted Clarke last year this guy seems to do alot of Clarke-like things in that he can help you win w/o needing to dominate the ball. Anyone who can effectivly do off-ball things is always needed for a team that will be focused on getting looks for Book/Ayton.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#540 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun May 10, 2020 2:32 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

1-Phoenix/ Boston-

2- Phoenix/ Dallas-

3- Phoenix/ Minnesota-

If that's the way the draft falls while taking also out Edwards, Wiseman, Toppin and Deni then that still allows for someone like Okgongwu to drop to us fill our massive hole at PF. Why wouldn't you just want to grab him? He's 6'9, comes from a major conference, plays good defence and fills a stat sheet up very nicely with 16/8.5/2.7 line in his 1st year plus he's also only 19. We all wanted Clarke last year this guy seems to do alot of Clarke-like things in that he can help you win w/o needing to dominate the ball. Anyone who can effectivly do off-ball things is always needed for a team that will be focused on getting looks for Book/Ayton.

IF Okungwu was still available for us at 10, Then I'd honestly be ecstatic! However, I just see it playing out somewhere along these lines, IF we remain at 10. With slight possible team variances likely, Depending upon where teams actually land.

1- La Melo Ball.
2- Anthony Edwards.
3- Tyreese Haliburton.
4- Deni Avdija.
5- Killian Hayes.
6- Obi Toppin.
7-Oneyka Okungwu.
8- James Wiseman.
9-Isaac Okoro.

So now at 10, In our range, The best remaining prospects are:
- Cole Anthony.
- Devin Vassell.
- Saddiq Bey.
- Kira Lewis.
- Aaron Nesmith.
- Tyreese Maxey.
Jaden Mcdaniels.

So whom do you take at this point? In this scenario, IF we stay at 10,I'd probably lean between Cole Anthony, And Kira Lewis, And then look to trade Diallo/ Okobo/ and a future conditional 2nd to Utah for the 24th pick, So I could draft one of:
Jalen Smith/ Paul Reed/ or Patrick Williams. This would have us keeping Oubre, While still addressing both the backup point guard and backup power forward positions.

Or I would otherwise just look to trade back from 10 for additional assets. Maybe the 10th pick for either Bostons' 17th pick/ 27th pick/ 30th pick.

Or Perhaps to Dallas, The 10th pick/ Diallo/ Jerome for Seth Curry/ 18th/31st picks.

With Boston-
17- Kira Lewis or Cole Anthony ( whoever falls). *** Point guard covered.
26- Tyler Bey or Patrick Williams or Jaden Mcdaniels ( 6'10 Oubre) to replace him from the trade. *** Backup 4/5 Covered.
30.Desmond Bane or Elijah Hughes. *** Backup shooting guard covered.

With Dallas-
- Seth Curry gives us a veteran, clutch, sharpshooting combo guard with solid pesky defense.
- Justin Jackson gives us an energetic streaky/ rangy shooter/ pesky defender at the 3/4 on an expiring contract next season. ( to make the money work).
18- Kira Lewis or Tre Jones or Cole Anthony? ..............Or maybe even Grant Riller??? :D
31- Paul Reed or Patrick Williams or Precious Achiuwa??? :o
**** I would love to experiment with a back court of Booker/ Lewis ( or Anthony). Or Rubio/Curry,OR even Booker/ Curry at times! For added scoring potency!!! :nod:
*** Or at 10, A clever straight up trade with New York for the purpose of acquiring a coveted unprotected 2021 first round pick. :nod: :nod: :nod:

Phoenix/ New York.

Oubre/10th pick for Elfrid Payton/ Reggie Bullock ( both off the books in 2021). The 27th pick/38th pick/ Dallas UNPROTECTED 2021 first round pick. Elfrid Payton would give us a quality veteran backup guard behind Rubio. Bullock would give us a quality veteran 3 and D shooting guard behind Booker, The 27th pick would have us draft either Jalen Smith( backup 4/5) or Patrick Williams( backup 3/4) for our front court defense. The 38th pick, We draft either Malachi Flynn or Cassius Winston to be our third guard, Ready to take over once Elfrid Payton and Rubio leave. Most importantly, We have the Dallas 2021 unprotected first to now package with our pick to either move up in the lottery, Or to package in a trade for a marquee player!

Return to Phoenix Suns