ImageImageImage

2019-20 Phoenix Suns = 2009-10 Phoenix Suns?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, batsmasher, Kerrsed

SlovenianDragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,762

Re: 2019-20 Phoenix Suns = 2009-10 Phoenix Suns? 

Post#21 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:40 am

SunsLyf3 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Ayton would've been the ROY if he played anything like Amare in his rookie season.

Agree to disagree.

Ayton did more with less anyways.

Would it be fair to say Ayton would have won ROY if he had Nash last year? What would Amare look like with Melton or Okobo?

Atleast Ayton has an NBA caliber PG now...lets see how he does next season.

Or Stephon Marbury.

True, True...Ayton is going to show why he was the number one pick last year now that he has a PG.
SunsLyf3
Junior
And1: 188

Post#22 » by SunsLyf3 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:18 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
SunsLyf3 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
Agree to disagree.

Ayton did more with less anyways.

Would it be fair to say Ayton would have won ROY if he had Nash last year? What would Amare look like with Melton or Okobo?

Atleast Ayton has an NBA caliber PG now...lets see how he does next season.

Or Stephon Marbury.

True, True...Ayton is going to show why he was the number one pick last year now that he has a PG.

Stoudemire was explosive from the get go but overall Ayton is built to be as explosive if not more. Has a 43-44 inch vertical and a 7'6" wing span. Add that to the fact that Ayton already has a better post game than Amare and will probably be shooting 3 pointers this season too.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 9,998

Post#23 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:18 am

Explosiveness isn't just vertical though. It's also those fast twitch muscles and also the mindset to utilise that athleticism. I feel like even though he has the physicals, he didn't really show the desire to get aggressive. He doesn't seem to have that dunk everything around the rim mindset which could've raised his FTr much higher and he would've been an even bigger offensive threat.

A lot of us has been saying, he needs to walk the walk and not just talk the talk because he talked a lot about bully season but rarely did he walk that proclamation. I have high hopes that with a better PG and a better team overall, he'll be more aggressive
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though

Return to Phoenix Suns