Post#2 » by Crives » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:19 am

Got to go with Book until Ayton starts playing consistent D
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Re: Which roster wins? 

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:26 am

That first group kills them.....better at every position except PG and C, but Baynes would bother Ayton a ton. 2-4 they slaughter them and Ty Jerome is likely solid enough to stretch the floor and make good passes...and defense on Rubio is probably the least important guy to guard well on the other team.

I think it would be more even if it was Rubio, Bridges, Oubre, Saric, Baynes vs Ty, Booker, Cam, Frank and Ayton.

I think the first team there would win but it would be interesting seeing our two stars on a team with no defense against a team of better decision defenders and more versatile players (outside of Booker).
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,052

Post#4 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:28 am

Crives wrote:Got to go with Book until Ayton starts playing consistent D

I gotta go with team Ayton. Their offense I think would be better and their defense wouldn't be all that bad either.

I think its really really close tho.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#5 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:48 am

PG:

Rubio has more offense around him with oubre and Ayton and potentially cam. And is a vet that plays solid defense.

Ty is a rookie but will have less pressure next to booker. But saric and Bridges haven't proved to be a powerhouse offensively yet. So really its just Booker at this point.

Sg:

Booker is much better offensively but Oubre is better defensively and would be a fun match up. Oubre would also get his without booker.

SF:

Cam is a big SF and could be a great spot up shooter with roster. Bridges is great defensivley and could give cam trouble but still offense is still needing work. Another interesting matchup. I think cams spot fits better with his roster.

PF: Saric > Frank but I dont think this is the biggest different maker considering Saric would have to prove hes a 2nd option. While the second team has already two scores in Ayton and Oubre.

Center:

Another fun matchup But Ayton with Rubio is just gunna be better here. Aytons offense > Baynes bruising defense.

All in all i knew people would prob vote bookers team But at the end of the day thinking about team fit and chemisty gotta go aytons team

cant just look at the rosters and go > and <
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#6 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:04 am

Its actually surprising to me that so many people picked option A because it reminds me of the starting line-ups that we had last year.

Another rookie PG starting, Bridges who started 56 games last year, a PF with similar stats to Anderson in Houston...Pretty much leaving everything on Booker offensivley unless some1 breaks out.

*disclaimer Saric will be better than Anderson. .
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#7 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:32 am

For me it's pretty clear it's Team Book.

Better floor spacing, better interior/rim protection and imo the edge on passing. Also Team Book has the proven premier scoring threat

Offense creation: Team Ayton - Ayton/Oubre/Rubio can create for themselves and for others (Rubio). Booker is the only reliable iso creator
Shooting ability: Team Booker - Team Ayton has two questionable shooters in Rubio and Ayton and Oubre isn't a knock down shooter. Team Booker should have competent shooting from 1 to 4
Offensive IQ: Team Book - As a 5-man team, Team Book has much higher IQ
Defensive IQ: Team Book - Baynes and Bridges defensive IQ is through the roof. Only Rubio has legit defensive IQ on team Ayton
Passing: Team Booker - Ty/Booker/Bridges/Saric are all good passers at their positions. The ball movement would be solid. Rubio is an above average passer and likewise with Ayton but I think Team Book is better collectively.
Pure scoring ability: Team Booker - Oubre is probably the best perimeter threat for Team Ayton but you can put Bridges on him and you can put Baynes on Ayton to rough him up. I don't think Team Ayton has an answer for Booker in that line up especially with the floor spacing he'll have
Perimeter defense: Team Ayton - Give Team Ayton the edge because they have a proven defender in Rubio and an x-factor in Oubre while Bridges is the only bonafide defender on Team Booker
Interior defense: Team Booker - No question it would be Team Booker with Baynes
Team defense: Team Booker - I think this is close but I like the balance of Bridges and Baynes for team defense than Team Ayton's perimeter oriented defense with no true rim protector.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#8 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 8, 2019 6:50 am

I don't think its so clear...I think if it was a 7 game series it would go the distance. Looking at the rosters I think the biggest difference maker would be who plays better between Ty and Cam. The big unknowns.

For team book it feels like one of Saric or Mikal would have to pop off offensively.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:18 pm

You have 5 guys who can hit the 3 in the first team....the floor would be wide open for Booker to drive....everyone would be guarded. That would be the perfect team to operate in and you have a premier wing defender and a nice defensive big in the middle. All the other guys on that team would have to do offensively is knock down 3s, spread the floor and allow Booker to have so much room to operate. The second team's D is awful...especially 3-5, but Oubre wouldn't be able to stop Booker either.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,800

Post#10 » by Saberestar » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:36 pm

Booker's roster.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#11 » by sunsbg » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:20 pm

What a relief to have 10 good and likable players on the roster.

Booker's team has better outside shooting, Ayton's is more versatile on O, so would be fun to watch such match-up.

Return to Phoenix Suns