ImageImageImage

Suns posters roll-call 2019-20 Season - nice to see new posters, please introduce!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Which age bracket are you in?

16-20
No votes
21-25
5%
26-30
22%
31-35
21%
36-40
26%
41-45
11%
46-50
6%
51+
9%

Total votes: 107

Cutter
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Re: Suns posters roll-call 2019-20 Season (Poll included) 

Post#81 » by Cutter » Tue Oct 1, 2019 11:04 pm

57 years old, been around the block a time or two in the business world and personal life. My 8 year old grandson is interested in the Suns, but has never got to see a winning Suns team :( . A team with such a long winning tradition, it is BS that the up and coming generation has no idea about the Suns rich tradition of having great teams. I have slowed down on posting over the long summer months, but hope to pick back up when the season starts.
Azsports77
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#82 » by Azsports77 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 6:58 am

Born and raised in Phoenix, AZ and have been a Suns fan since the mid eighties the first time I went to a game they where awful but I knew the only place for them to go was up. I don’t post a lot on here but I always come to the site during the regular season. Here we are at the beginning of another season I have no idea how this team will do it can’t be worse than previous seasons .Here is hoping that the Suns season is an interesting one .
Bohkke
Ballboy
And1: 47

Post#83 » by Bohkke » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:58 am

Hey everyone! I'm a 39 years old Spaniard, I got hooked on the NBA in part because of the Dream Team and also while watching the 1993 Finals on TV (sorry Suns, I was all about MJ then), although I never actually felt as a Bulls fan. The NBA for me is more about players, I guess I feel it like that due to the fact that I'm from Spain, so to me it doesn't really "hit home" for a NBA team to represent me in any regards. Although I did live in the Bay Area (SFO) for a year. But never really liked the Warriors anyway.

I joined the forum following the path of Ricky Rubio, since what I really am is a FC Barcelona fan. After watching him for 2 years at Barça I felt that the kid had something special, you just could tell. If not for the injury against the Lakers he could've been ROY easily. Those Timberwolves where so much fun to watch.

Anywho, I'll be around posting from time to time, rooting for the Suns as if they had been my team for life and hoping we have a fun season!
"Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud."
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,141

Post#84 » by spanishninja » Wed Oct 2, 2019 6:55 pm

38 years old. been a suns fan since 92-93 and never stopped. being a suns fan is hard these days, and harder living in Socal, but I'm gonna keep posting! people are going to regret talking down about our team this season.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#85 » by bigfoot » Wed Oct 2, 2019 7:59 pm

I'm in the 51+ category. As a kid, remember laying in my parents living room with big headphones on, plugged into the old fashion stereo system, listening to Al McCoy doing play-by-play about Sweet D and the Oklahoma Kid. The Nuggets (Kiki and Issel) were aways a fun game to listen in on.

Went up to college in Flagstaff. Depending on the weather and cloud coverage I would drive around town searching for the best location to pick up a broadcast on 620am (usually with a decent amount of static in the background). Oh you lucky kids with your internet streams.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#86 » by Phystic » Thu Oct 3, 2019 2:40 am

I went with 36-40. Slightly hopeful, but not quite as in the clouds as the playoffs

EDIT: Oh and I'm 35, been a Suns fan my entire life. Remember see Majerle get drafted as lil one. Born and raised in AZ
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#87 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Oct 3, 2019 6:09 am

Turned the big 40 this year. Grew up in WI rooting for the bucks but I've always kind of liked the suns because I was a Barkley fan as a kid. Moved to AZ in 2002 right in time for the upswing into the SSOL era so really became a fan.

I just want to see a completive team that plays watchable games. Id guess the win about 30 games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Midnight_Suns
Pro Prospect
And1: 952

Post#88 » by Midnight_Suns » Thu Oct 3, 2019 1:03 pm

Interesting poll results. Always assumed I was one of the older posters on this board and I just turned 30 :lol:. I started playing basketball in 2002 and quickly became a die hard Suns fan. Grew up in the Prescott area so I didn't get to go to many games, unfortunately. Moved to Portland when I was 16 and have lived mostly there since.

I endure endless **** talking about this team from my pub buddies and friends who like the Blazers so I really hope they turn it around this season. Everyone says it every year, but this team really seems special. I will never understand why people are so critical of James Jones' roster turn-around this off season. We are now a 9-10 legit NBA player deep squad.

Let's go Suns!
Dr Manute
Pro Prospect
And1: 723

Post#89 » by Dr Manute » Fri Oct 4, 2019 10:00 pm

I'll turn 46 in November. Phoenix native - The Suns are my favorite team. So many good memories - been a while though.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Re: Suns posters roll-call 2019-20 Season - nice to see new posters, please introduce! 

Post#90 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:27 pm

I thought I'd bump this as I'd like to see some intros from the new posters who have joined, whether long time lurkers or otherwise. I know a few came back a while ago when I PM'd all of our users ever listed, but I see new ones, whether it be Rubio fans or just fans rejuvenated by how we look.

I know many older users likely gave up on the team, which was sad to see them go, and I remember older names like alvin adams, SaintEscaton, JTrain, nashrambler13, BringinDaRuckus, Miklo, NaturalBuns, ZelaznyRules, schnakenpopanz, realsunsfanSun Scorched, SUN, mybbloodisorange, toucansma, Los Soles, YFZBlue, WTFsunsFTW, Ring_Wanted, rsavaj, Nando88 GMATCallahan, SDU, Maryvale's Finest, and many others.
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore
And1: 92

Re: Suns posters roll-call 2019-20 Season - nice to see new posters, please introduce! 

Post#91 » by Jorgeglez7 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Hey everybody!
I'm new around here. I'm more a player fan than a team fan, as enjoy watching games of every franchise but I do follow only players.

To sum up a bit my story as an introduction, I've started watching the NBA in 2009 with KG, so I got a bit engaged with the timberwolves. That's how I met Ricky (even though I'm Spanish I barely knew him before he made his debut in the NBA) and I fell in love with him. Since then I've been a die hard fan following his career through every moment. I even lost hope when the t wolves drafted Kriss Dunn and was right that season (2016 I believe) when he started balling a bit more.

Then I usually had some other players I follow more often than the rest. They were D'Angelo Russell, whose swag is maybe the one I love the most, Gordon Hayward (huge huge dissappointment when Rubio signed with the Jazz and he left to the Celtics) and Devin Booker, also loving him since he was drafted in 2015. So now I'm really excited about watching them together. I believe they are a perfect match.

Regarding teams, of course I like the Wolves, but also Utah, also Phoenix and Brooklyn. But I kinda go after projets more than teams. Actually, what I love are underdogs, thats why I will never like teams like the Lakers or the Celtics. So the excitement this season is high for me, Rubio + Booker + underdog team in the wild wild west. I can't ask for more.

I hope I can fit here well enough and collaborate with you as much as possible all along the way through this 2019 2020 season and even more, who knows!

Thank you so much and let's play ball!!
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#92 » by realsunsfan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:11 pm

Hey everyone, 50 yr old Born and raised in Phoenix, been a suns fan since the early 70's, been on this roller coaster ride for a LONG time and don't plan on ever getting off.....suns fan for life.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#93 » by jredsaz » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:24 am

First, it's nice to be in the most popular age bracket again. I think the only things boasting older demos than RealGM are baseball and Facebook.

AZ lifer but well traveled. ASU grad so I can appreciate Frank in all his splendor and glory. Living in North Central Phoenix.

Best Suns Memory: Thursday, May 20, 1993, Barkley over Robinson, Suns v Spurs. That is the moment I became a life long, no questions asked, I will actually continue to associate myself with an organization owned by a guy like Robert Sarver, die hard kind of Suns fan.

Worst Suns Memory: Has to be literally one month later which brings me to...

Funniest Suns Memory: Once tried to watch game 5 of the 2007 WCF at an American style sports bar in Granada, Spain at 130 am. After 25 minutes of searching his satellite for the game the bartender turned the channel to a RANDOM AF grainy replay of Suns v Bulls, game 6 of the '93 finals. He walks back over to us and asks in spanish if this is what we are looking for? At that moment I realized tapas are overrated and the Suns were destin to lose yet again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Ryu
Bench Warmer
And1: 552

Post#94 » by Ryu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:54 pm

Fan since 1993. and first round playoffs comeback win vs my fellow countryman Divac and the Lakers. 38 years old from Niš, Serbia.
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#95 » by Jorgeglez7 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:09 pm

jredsaz wrote:First, it's nice to be in the most popular age bracket again. I think the only things boasting older demos than RealGM are baseball and Facebook.

AZ lifer but well traveled. ASU grad so I can appreciate Frank in all his splendor and glory. Living in North Central Phoenix.

Best Suns Memory: Thursday, May 20, 1993, Barkley over Robinson, Suns v Spurs. That is the moment I became a life long, no questions asked, I will actually continue to associate myself with an organization owned by a guy like Robert Sarver, die hard kind of Suns fan.

Worst Suns Memory: Has to be literally one month later which brings me to...

Funniest Suns Memory: Once tried to watch game 5 of the 2007 WCF at an American style sports bar in Granada, Spain at 130 am. After 25 minutes of searching his satellite for the game the bartender turned the channel to a RANDOM AF grainy replay of Suns v Bulls, game 6 of the '93 finals. He walks back over to us and asks in spanish if this is what we are looking for? At that moment I realized tapas are overrated and the Suns were destin to lose yet again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Tapas are not overrated, but as everything which becomes popular between tourism, is hard to find good places. I would be able to give you magnificent and delightful "tapas" tour throughout the north of spain with prices ranging from 1,50 - 2 € (traditional tapa included for free). You just need to know a native that guides you.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#96 » by DRK » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:12 am

DRK wrote:Im just here so I dont get fined.

Realised I never actually did an Intro.

Been around these boards for a while. In my mid-20’s now.

Been a Suns fan since the Amare, Marion, Nash days.
Fav season was the 09/10 Fyre Frye season... Artests putback in the game 5 WCF broke my heart.

Havent posted as much recently but always lurking. Love the direction the team is going. McD’s tenure started off well, but after a few seasons it just seemed that he was trying to be a 2K GM with the team... Early days under JJ, but Monty’s impact is clear to see.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,420

Post#97 » by NapoleonII » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:53 pm

Arizona, born and raised, surviving my 30's with kids.

I remember watching the Barkley/KJ years with my dad, who was actually a big Stockton and Malone fan. We hated Jordan, but you had to respect what he was capable of on the court. He passed away in the early 2000's, so he never got to see the Nash and SSOL years. That brought me back into basketball and I've been hooked ever since.
White Wolf
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#98 » by White Wolf » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:13 pm

Spaniard, 36 year old. I came here in the Ricky’s Bandwagon, I don’t use to post but I read you everyday to follow the team. You’re a nice community and I am really excited about this project. Let’s rock it!
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#99 » by LesGrossman » Fri Nov 1, 2019 10:44 am

50+ from germany. Several years of playing (with very limited talent) and coaching on a competetive level. Watched the suns of Nash which made me cheat from FIBA / Euroleague, whom i considered pure and more to the essence of the game (still do), because of the beauty and simplicity of the offense. I love to watch Spurs (sorry about that), Utah (for the defense) and i follow Ricky around because i spotted him in EL and saw the talent and i would love to be able to say "see, i told you so" to some friends of mine when he makes the All Star team one day :)

I am mostly interested in figuring out the plays, in-game calls, adjustments made and so on. The drama and ego aspect of the NBA is something i despise, which is why i am disgusted by the hype around LBJ that dominated the whole league for so many years now. Very glad to see him and his bandwagon slowly fade to insignificance finally. Unpopular position i know.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#100 » by hollywood6964 » Fri Nov 1, 2019 1:31 pm

NapoleonII wrote:Arizona, born and raised, surviving my 30's with kids.

I remember watching the Barkley/KJ years with my dad, who was actually a big Stockton and Malone fan. We hated Jordan, but you had to respect what he was capable of on the court. He passed away in the early 2000's, so he never got to see the Nash and SSOL years. That brought me back into basketball and I've been hooked ever since.

Very similar, one kid, he didn't like Stockton/Malone though. Everything else is very close.

I remember listening to the ppv games back in the 90s on radio with him, sitting there in the dining room as it were. After Barkley hurt his back, he couldn't move around nearly as well, and was relegated to slow post ups. So I knew our title days were over, but it was still fun.

Return to Phoenix Suns