ImageImageImage

Preseason Game 3: Suns @ Blazers, Saturday, Oct 12, 5:00 PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Re: Preseason Game 3: Suns @ Blazers, Saturday, Oct 12, 5:00 PM 

Post#101 » by darealjuice » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:05 am

Rotation is definitely going to be interesting this year. Plenty of guys deserve minutes, but only so many to go around. I recall Monty said we're going 10 deep, so I assume one of the rookies will be riding the bench until minutes open up. Tough for Cam when Oubre and Bridges deserve solid minutes.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#102 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:08 am

darealjuice wrote:Rotation is definitely going to be interesting this year. Plenty of guys deserve minutes, but only so many to go around. I recall Monty said we're going 10 deep, so I assume one of the rookies will be riding the bench until minutes open up. Tough for Cam when Oubre and Bridges deserve solid minutes.

unless Cam and Ty are worlds better than the vets I see them sit just for reason of seniority respect. Rookies expected to wait their turns and make way for the vets still a thing in the sports world.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#103 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:10 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:
darealjuice wrote:Rotation is definitely going to be interesting this year. Plenty of guys deserve minutes, but only so many to go around. I recall Monty said we're going 10 deep, so I assume one of the rookies will be riding the bench until minutes open up. Tough for Cam when Oubre and Bridges deserve solid minutes.

unless Cam and Ty are worlds better than the vets I see them sit just for reason of seniority respect

I hope that not true. Whoever gives this team the best shot at winning should get the minutes. period. I don't care if it's Booker that has to sit.
Phnxsports
Senior
And1: 476

Post#104 » by Phnxsports » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:15 am

My thoughts on tonight's game. Hot take he sucks. Hot take he is good. Hot take he doesn't deserve to start. Hot take posters here need a valium.
itlnsunsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 877

Post#105 » by itlnsunsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:29 am

Phnxsports wrote:My thoughts on tonight's game. Hot take he sucks. Hot take he is good. Hot take he doesn't deserve to start. Hot take posters here need a valium.

What are you talking about?
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 960

Post#106 » by Maze » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:58 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cutter wrote:How did Oubre do tonight? Played terrible in game 2, but it was his first game back so it is somewhat expected.

He did alright scoring. A little under 50% from field but 60% from 3. Didn't do too much else...almost had too much energy at times and lost control. Not much else besides scoring though.

Dude why do you hate Oubre? He played well tonight. He was the only player early attacking. His first practice with the team was last Wednesday. Made a lot of good passes today to open shooters, but didn’t hit the shot. Really good game for Oubre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw Oubre pass the ball twice.The guy is what he is.A gunner.You just hope his shot is on.Ideal 6th man
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,356

Post#107 » by sunskerr » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:11 am

If Oubre is a 6th man we should have just kept TJ for cheaper and more firepower unless TJ wanted a bigger role. But it is what it is. Oubre is a better defender as of now, so he's got that going for him.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#108 » by Kerrsed » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:11 am

I guess some people dont understand pre-season or have even bothered to check out other teams this pre-season as well.

Wins....losses.....doesnt matter. What maters is getting guys some playing time and seeing how they mesh with other guys. Rubio/Booker/Ayton didnt get benched for bad play. Didnt get benched because they needed rest. They didnt play because we already know their game and what they can do, tonight was more about the other 15 players on the team. You have guys like Oubre/Bridges/Baynes who have been sitting out injured. You have 3 rookies in Cam/Ty/Lecque who need experience. Guys like Frank/Dario/Diallo/Carter all coming from different teams/systems. Johnson coming back from a major injury. A handful of G-leaguers trying to show that if we need to call someone up due to injury that they are the one who fits with us best. Tonight was all about those guys, not our 3 star players. Look around the league, every team does it. They want to see what they got from the bench guys while the games dont matter! Hell, our bench NEEDED this tonight, as they all looked pretty bad the other night against the Kings.

For the love of god, its pre-season people. Enough with the damn hot takes!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#109 » by Jdiddy701 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:12 am

Maze wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
He did alright scoring. A little under 50% from field but 60% from 3. Didn't do too much else...almost had too much energy at times and lost control. Not much else besides scoring though.

Dude why do you hate Oubre? He played well tonight. He was the only player early attacking. His first practice with the team was last Wednesday. Made a lot of good passes today to open shooters, but didn’t hit the shot. Really good game for Oubre.

I saw Oubre pass the ball twice.The guy is what he is.A gunner.You just hope his shot is on.Ideal 6th man

Starter or off the bench, he’s a valuable player to this team that this board does not appreciate. I feel like this board likes to pick at the things he is not great at because Mikal Bridges is on the team. It’s okay to root for both, I promise!

For everyone on this board -

itlnsunsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 877

Post#110 » by itlnsunsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:24 am

I keep seeing the term "hot takes" thrown around but I have yet to see an example of one. What hot takes are being asserted because of this game?
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#111 » by Crives » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:41 am

It was good to see Oubres shots go in tonight.... did a great job at breaking down and collapsing the defense... problem was he would have been better off passing to a wide open shooter multiple times tonight instead of continuing towards the rim. Hope to see this change.. we don’t have many players who can break down a defense.
Crives
General Manager

Post#112 » by Crives » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:44 am

Jerome was amazing. Looks like a special player already.... imagine what would have happened if it was Ayton on the receiving end of those passes instead of Diallo.

I hope we have our pg of the future.
Crives
General Manager

Post#113 » by Crives » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:48 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:

unless Cam and Ty are worlds better than the vets I see them sit just for reason of seniority respect. Rookies expected to wait their turns and make way for the vets still a thing in the sports world.

If we end up 11 deep... would be a nice luxury to “load” manage one role player per night... in reality we will likely have at least one guy out with injuries.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#114 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:05 am

Crives wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:

If we end up 11 deep... would be a nice luxury to “load” manage one role player per night... in reality we will likely have at least one guy out with injuries.

Yep. This. This depth allows a team to better deal with injuries. Also, rest. Even Book and Rubio will be able to rest.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#115 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:39 am

Kerrsed wrote:I guess some people dont understand pre-season or have even bothered to check out other teams this pre-season as well.

Wins....losses.....doesnt matter. What maters is getting guys some playing time and seeing how they mesh with other guys. Rubio/Booker/Ayton didnt get benched for bad play. Didnt get benched because they needed rest. They didnt play because we already know their game and what they can do, tonight was more about the other 15 players on the team. You have guys like Oubre/Bridges/Baynes who have been sitting out injured. You have 3 rookies in Cam/Ty/Lecque who need experience. Guys like Frank/Dario/Diallo/Carter all coming from different teams/systems. Johnson coming back from a major injury. A handful of G-leaguers trying to show that if we need to call someone up due to injury that they are the one who fits with us best. Tonight was all about those guys, not our 3 star players. Look around the league, every team does it. They want to see what they got from the bench guys while the games dont matter! Hell, our bench NEEDED this tonight, as they all looked pretty bad the other night against the Kings.

For the love of god, its pre-season people. Enough with the damn hot takes!
Pretty much. I think this game does show we've got a pretty deep roster full of capable players. It'll be interesting to see if Monty just plays 10 players all the time or how often he swaps those 11th and 12th men in.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#116 » by matt131 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:46 am

Crives wrote:Jerome was amazing. Looks like a special player already.... imagine what would have happened if it was Ayton on the receiving end of those passes instead of Diallo.

I hope we have our pg of the future.

Yeah two of the biggest highlights of the night (for me) were the two amazing passes Jerome had to Diallo. It won't show up on any highlight reel since Diallo missed both shots, but the passes were awesome.

Read on Twitter
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,032

Post#117 » by sunsbg » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:27 am

What an unexpected turn of events. Expected a blowout loss, got a nice win.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#118 » by Jdiddy701 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:46 am

So far in preseason, Frank Kaminsky has impressed me the most. I was so pissed when we signed him. He’s a legit big man that can shoot off the bench, not that bad in the post too. Great signing.

tgtm_24
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#119 » by tgtm_24 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:42 am

Jerome was guarding Hezonja twice in the post and had him covered both times.

Thinking he grows a Baynes like beard and All Star awaits
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,809

Post#120 » by Saberestar » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:15 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:So far in preseason, Frank Kaminsky has impressed me the most. I was so pissed when we signed him. He’s a legit big man that can shoot off the bench, not that bad in the post too. Great signing.

He reminds me of Channing Frye. And that is a good thing to me.

Frye was a bit better rebounder/defender, but Kaminsky is a better putting the ball on the floor.

Saric and Kaminsky at PF/C can give us a lot of space and options on offense. They played pretty well tonight.

I would like to watch them together on the court a few minutes per game if we are not killed inside the paint.

Return to Phoenix Suns