ImageImageImage

Preseason Game 3: Suns @ Blazers, Saturday, Oct 12, 5:00 PM

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Re: Preseason Game 3: Suns @ Blazers, Saturday, Oct 12, 5:00 PM 

Post#81 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:25 am

Hey guys. I recently heard you get an extra point from behind that circular black line. I've shared this knowledge with the front office this past summer. This "3 point shot" thing seems to be working well.
Cutter
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#82 » by Cutter » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:26 am

I'm hopeful this 3 point effort reflects the true identity of this team. I don't expect 24-45 three pointers every game, or anything even close to that. However I love the high volume 3 point attempts, and if we are high volume this season it should really open up the paint for Ayton to feast.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Preseason Game 3: Suns @ Blazers, Saturday, Oct 12, 5:00 PM 

Post#83 » by Jdiddy701 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:27 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Cutter wrote:How did Oubre do tonight? Played terrible in game 2, but it was his first game back so it is somewhat expected.

He did alright scoring. A little under 50% from field but 60% from 3. Didn't do too much else...almost had too much energy at times and lost control. Not much else besides scoring though.

Dude why do you hate Oubre? He played well tonight. He was the only player early attacking. His first practice with the team was last Wednesday. Made a lot of good passes today to open shooters, but didn’t hit the shot. Really good game for Oubre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#84 » by denial » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:Kaminsky's 3 just now broke the record for most Suns 3s in a game EVER.

Only Box score I can find is at google. It doesn’t show 3pm but it only shows 16 points for Kaminsky which is definitely not enough to support your statement. I’m sure something just went over my head but ?
itlnsunsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 877

Post#85 » by itlnsunsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:31 am

MilotheSlayer wrote:Who do we think are the odd men out? I would think Carter for sure will be out of the rotation, Diallo? Cam? Jerome? I can't imagine we run 11 guys deep during the regular season.

Not a chance that Cam is out of the rotation.
itlnsunsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 877

Post#86 » by itlnsunsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:32 am

denial wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Kaminsky's 3 just now broke the record for most Suns 3s in a game EVER.

Only Box score I can find is at google. It doesn’t show 3pm but it only shows 16 points for Kaminsky which is definitely not enough to support your statement. I’m sure something just went over my head but ?

Team 3's broski
Cutter
Head Coach

Post#87 » by Cutter » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:32 am

denial wrote:

It was a record for team 3 pointers made in a game for the Suns.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#88 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:32 am

you can't help but root for Cam given how much undeserved animosity he has been getting just because for no fault of his own that people believed he was taken too high in the draft.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#89 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:32 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Cutter wrote:How did Oubre do tonight? Played terrible in game 2, but it was his first game back so it is somewhat expected.

He did alright scoring. A little under 50% from field but 60% from 3. Didn't do too much else...almost had too much energy at times and lost control. Not much else besides scoring though.

Dude why do you hate Oubre? He played well tonight. He was the only player early attacking. His first practice with the team was last Wednesday. Made a lot of good passes today to open shooters, but didn’t hit the shot. Really good game for Oubre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hate him, just not particularly a fan of his play or iq. He tries to score too much on offense, with his iso game, and gets lost on D. I like his energy usually but it almost seemed he was over energetic tonight, to where he was a bit out of control.

I think he'd be a nice energy spark off the bench and his # of shots taken wouldn't take away shots from Book/Ayton as much. They need to be surrounded by the best defenders possible and those that spread the floor and move the ball...so Bridges fits that role much better.

I think his worth to the team got way over inflated due to how bad we were last year and how we got better when Tyler Johnson got here and Oubre started alongside him. I think he was overpaid and am afraid he will go back to his previous self before a small stretch with Phx. At least his contract is short and we have depth and smarter players at SF.
Cutter
Head Coach

Post#90 » by Cutter » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:33 am

itlnsunsfan wrote:
MilotheSlayer wrote:Who do we think are the odd men out? I would think Carter for sure will be out of the rotation, Diallo? Cam? Jerome? I can't imagine we run 11 guys deep during the regular season.

Not a chance that Cam is out of the rotation.

Yeah neither Cam nor Ty Jerome will be out of the rotation. Not a chance.
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#91 » by denial » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:34 am

itlnsunsfan wrote:
denial wrote:

Team 3's broski

:( yeah realized after I posted.

I’m just gonna stop posting for the evening.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#92 » by Mr Puddles » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:34 am

I'm imagining an 11 player rotation with Tyler being the primary back-up PG, but at times he'll slide to the back-up 2 to make room for Jerome at the one (in which case Bridges slides to the back-up 3, and Oubre back-up 4):

Rubio / T. Johnson / Jerome
Booker / Bridges / T. Johnson
Oubre / C. Johnson / Bridges
Saric / Kaminski / Oubre
Ayton / Baynes

In this scenario Bridges would still be the first 3 off the bench to replace Oubre, but then would slide to the 2 when Cam Johnson comes in.

12/13
Carter
Diallo

14/15
Okobo
Lecque
Spoiler:
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,671

Post#93 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:40 am

Mr Puddles wrote:

I'm imagining an 11 player rotation with Tyler being the primary back-up PG, but at times he'll slide to the back-up 2 to make room for Jerome at the one (in which case Bridges slides to the back-up 3, and Oubre back-up 4):

Saric / Kaminski / Oubre
Ayton / Baynes

In this scenario Bridges would still be the first 3 off the bench to replace Oubre, but then would slide to the 2 when Cam Johnson comes in.

12/13
Carter
Diallo

14/15
Okobo
Lecque

That's probably about right. Now the chances of everyone being healthy for a extended period of time is slim so these things tend to work themselves out.

When 100% healthy some of the rotations will depend on matchups. Like against a team that plays small on the second unit there might not be a need for baynes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#94 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:44 am

Mr Puddles wrote:

Saric / Kaminski / Oubre
Ayton / Baynes

12/13
Carter
Diallo

14/15
Okobo
Lecque

I can see Tyler Johnson getting traded by the deadline. His expiring will be valuable--maybe to us too though. Kaminsky is going to see time at the backup 5 position too. I would not be surprised to see Kaminsky start over Saric at some point. Kaminsky has been better than Saric in preseason IMO.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#95 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:46 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:

Saric / Kaminski / Oubre
Ayton / Baynes

12/13
Carter
Diallo

14/15
Okobo
Lecque

That's probably about right. Now the chances of everyone being healthy for a extended period of time is slim so these things tend to work themselves out.

When 100% healthy some of the rotations will depend on matchups. Like against a team that plays small on the second unit there might not be a need for baynes.

I think you'd still probably want Baynes in their for defensive purposes but could run Oubre or Cam at the 4 with Baynes behind him. Most small ball units still have a guy that is bigger and not real quick on offense, like Draymond. You could kind of call Lopez a small ball type C, despite being tall, due to his floor stretching ability, but Baynes could guard him better than someone else.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#96 » by Fo-Real » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:47 am

Great performance, team looked PROFESSIONAL!!! Smart players moving the ball, getting smart open shots and HITTING THEM. Oh ****, I could swear I heard some teams GM say he hoped for **** like this but I cant remember who that was.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#97 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:50 am

BTW. On Rubio, Book, and Ayton not playing.

I am kinda hoping that Book got benched for violating the team's .5 second rule, that Ayton got benched for lack of aggressiveness and Rubio got benched because he has played so much this summer.

We have good enough bench players now that if the starters dick around, they can sit and we can still win.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#98 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:53 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:

Saric / Kaminski / Oubre
Ayton / Baynes

12/13
Carter
Diallo

14/15
Okobo
Lecque

I think you'd still probably want Baynes in their for defensive purposes but could run Oubre or Cam at the 4 with Baynes behind him. Most small ball units still have a guy that is bigger and not real quick on offense, like Draymond. You could kind of call Lopez a small ball type C, despite being tall, due to his floor stretching ability, but Baynes could guard him better than someone else.
Some will depend on what they need in a game. Say you're down and need 3s then kaminsky is probably the option over baynes and maybe Jerome over Tyler.

Early in the year if everyone is healthy it's probably Jerome and Cam that get squeezed simply because coaches will go vet if it's close.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,948

Post#99 » by KLEON » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:55 am

Carter,Cam,Jerome and Johnson all deserve minutes. That's why I'm thankful that we have a coach that can actually coach. This is the first time I'm super excited to see this team play since the 09-10 season.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#100 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:56 am

jcsunsfan wrote:BTW. On Rubio, Book, and Ayton not playing.

I am kinda hoping that Book got benched for violating the team's .5 second rule, that Ayton got benched for lack of aggressiveness and Rubio got benched because he has played so much this summer.

We have good enough bench players now that if the starters dick around, they can sit and we can still win.
I doubt they got sat for that... but I do hope both booker and Ayton are held accountable for effort on D. This team is finally deep enough where the excuse of resting on that end is no longer valid.

Return to Phoenix Suns