ImageImageImage

2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,682

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#161 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:31 pm

MathiasPW wrote:We are hitting the first 100 games played mark. Pretty wild start of the season, with many players over/underperforming dramatically (Hello, Brogdon, and wake up, Jokic!) and injuries all over the place.

While one could hope for more parity due to this randomness, it appears WeekapaugGroove has masterfully assembled a superteam, with 5 players currently in the top 25 performers of the season, and is the man to beat.

Bigfoot can't catch a break, and has lost Zion and Curry to injuries. The newcomers are having drastically different results, with sunskerr fighting for a top 3 finish, while Desertfox missed PG13 and now lost Fox, being stuck at the bottom 3 for now.

TASTIC can't stop making moves and it's paying dividends, as he fights to reverse the downward result trend he's been stuck at for the past 3 seasons.

Here is a PER GAME-based Standings table:

My teams been interesting. Isaac and brogdon have been better than expected but McCollum and to some extent Kemba have underperformed and are just murdering my fg%. I feel like I'm thinner than last year especially with lamb and winslow banged up. But that can change, hell last year I snagged Winslow and Bryant off the wire a month or two in and they were major factors in my championship.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,242

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#162 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:41 pm

About what I expected. Still hoping Simons and Fultz hit their stride (Simons is looking good, Fultz fills the stat sheet but both are getting limited minutes). Collins and Hayward both going down while KD is out is not ideal, and Marc Gasol has turned into Frank Kaminsky.... Bledsoe is available and should be putting up some good numbers in Middleton's absence for all you contenders out there.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,607

Post#163 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:19 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:We are hitting the first 100 games played mark. Pretty wild start of the season, with many players over/underperforming dramatically (Hello, Brogdon, and wake up, Jokic!) and injuries all over the place.

While one could hope for more parity due to this randomness, it appears WeekapaugGroove has masterfully assembled a superteam, with 5 players currently in the top 25 performers of the season, and is the man to beat.

Bigfoot can't catch a break, and has lost Zion and Curry to injuries. The newcomers are having drastically different results, with sunskerr fighting for a top 3 finish, while Desertfox missed PG13 and now lost Fox, being stuck at the bottom 3 for now.

TASTIC can't stop making moves and it's paying dividends, as he fights to reverse the downward result trend he's been stuck at for the past 3 seasons.

My teams been interesting. Isaac and brogdon have been better than expected but McCollum and to some extent Kemba have underperformed and are just murdering my fg%. I feel like I'm thinner than last year especially with lamb and winslow banged up. But that can change, hell last year I snagged Winslow and Bryant off the wire a month or two in and they were major factors in my championship.

I just can't believe in a 16 team league you somehow ended up with AD and Embiid. I know Embiid was a risk around draft time but that's two top 10 players (probably at worst) and one top 3 player for years.

This year you have 3 top 9 players including Brogdon, who is on fire, and 4 in the top 18 including Kemba. Your team will be tough to beat for years.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,682

Post#164 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:24 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

I just can't believe in a 16 team league you somehow ended up with AD and Embiid. I know Embiid was a risk around draft time but that's two top 10 players (probably at worst) and one top 3 player for years.

This year you have 3 top 9 players including Brogdon, who is on fire, and 4 in the top 18 including Kemba. Your team will be tough to beat for years.
Isaac is also grading out as a top 20 guy because he his awesome STOCK stats and decent other numbers across the board. I'm like a proud dad watching him blow up lol

With embiid it was timing, I took him in the 4th round and at the time he had played like 30 career games in 3 years. Him kemba and AD are the onlys guys I have left from the original draft.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 557

Post#165 » by wheezy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Yeah Isaac has been amazing. Really happy with him and Siakam in the g league.
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 503

Post#166 » by dmastro32 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Looking for a two for one deal in dynasty, I give 2 and get 1 offer away if interested.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#167 » by Kerrsed » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:29 pm

dmastro32 wrote:Looking for a two for one deal in dynasty, I give 2 and get 1 offer away if interested.

Offer sent. Yahoo wouldnt let me take back more players than i sent out, so as i said in the Yahoo trade message, you can just dump Ross/McGee if you want as those are the two on my team that i would have dumped for the trade to go through.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#168 » by TASTIC » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
dmastro32 wrote:Looking for a two for one deal in dynasty, I give 2 and get 1 offer away if interested.

Offer sent. Yahoo wouldnt let me take back more players than i sent out, so as i said in the Yahoo trade message, you can just dump Ross/McGee if you want as those are the two on my team that i would have dumped for the trade to go through.

Huh?

I've got 3 trades out now and 2 of them have me taking back 2 and giving 1. Did it not ask you in the app who you wanted to drop? What error did you get? Happens when you/they have someone on the IL sometimes
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,420

Post#169 » by sunskerr » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:18 am

Hi, thanks for posting this. I didn't even notice it.

I am very happy with how that looks, considering my roster is honestly very young, although that bodes well for the future. I think Mitchell Robinson not living up to expectations has dragged me down a bit and will continue to even more as the season goes on, but I'm sticking it out because Fizdale probably won't last for long and his potential is sky high.

As usual, I am still looking for a rebounding big, and a guy like TJ Warren for a contending team, and Coby White for a rebuilding team, would be solid acquisitions for other owners. Please keep overall values similar though, ex. TJ Warren is a mid round guy so don't offer me a scrub :lol: .
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by Kerrsed » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 am

TASTIC wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:

Huh?

I've got 3 trades out now and 2 of them have me taking back 2 and giving 1. Did it not ask you in the app who you wanted to drop? What error did you get? Happens when you/they have someone on the IL sometimes

I didnt use the app. Used the Website on PC. It didnt ask me who i wanted to drop and instead gave me an error. I tried it twice and it happened both times.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#171 » by TASTIC » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:24 am

Kerrsed wrote:
TASTIC wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:

Huh?

I didnt use the app. Used the Website on PC. It didnt ask me who i wanted to drop and instead gave me an error. I tried it twice and it happened both times.

Weird - could be a bug there somewhere. I've had it when I've tried getting someone off their team on their IL and it craps itself, or has before
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#172 » by Kerrsed » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:22 am

TASTIC wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
TASTIC wrote:Huh?

Weird - could be a bug there somewhere. I've had it when I've tried getting someone off their team on their IL and it craps itself, or has before

Yeah, i just cancelled it and tried again and it worked. One of the players is on his IL, so maybe that was the cause. Eiter way, it went through this time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#173 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:33 am

Tough to make trades. I'd have to analyze rosters. But I'd do a 2 for 1 trade. Would probably rather do one trading older guys to a team wanting to win a couple championships now, for one guy that might be a better piece overall and maybe as old (or in between) or even a younger up n coming guy.

But it's tough.

I'd probably want to do like Westbrook and Horford for someone. Maybe even put Middleton in there. Possibly Porter.

I thought Westbrook might take a big nosedive but he really hasn't which is surprising.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,242

Post#174 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:10 am

4 players active tonight in Dynasty shooting lights out. Bledsoe, Carter, Millsap, and Nunn getting me 73% from the field. Of course, that's 1 of my 2 strong categories, but hey, little victories.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#175 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:06 am

It will be interesting to see if I can hang among the top 5 or so in premier with Hayward and Lowry out until probably the end of December. On top of that, Lamb has been out, who had been pretty solid with Oladipo out. And then with no Curry it really hurts Draymond Green's game, who I took in the 2nd round (or 3rd...had two pick in a row at end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd). But Draymond is barely worth playing so that is almost worse than an injured guy you could replace. In dynasty, I am in trouble. Need to figure something out.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#176 » by MathiasPW » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:19 am

bwgood77 wrote:It will be interesting to see if I can hang among the top 5 or so in premier with Hayward and Lowry out until probably the end of December. On top of that, Lamb has been out, who had been pretty solid with Oladipo out. And then with no Curry it really hurts Draymond Green's game, who I took in the 2nd round (or 3rd...had two pick in a row at end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd). But Draymond is barely worth playing so that is almost worse than an injured guy you could replace. In dynasty, I am in trouble. Need to figure something out.
I really took a long look at your roster and ultimately decided I wanted none of it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#177 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:22 am

MathiasPW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:It will be interesting to see if I can hang among the top 5 or so in premier with Hayward and Lowry out until probably the end of December. On top of that, Lamb has been out, who had been pretty solid with Oladipo out. And then with no Curry it really hurts Draymond Green's game, who I took in the 2nd round (or 3rd...had two pick in a row at end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd). But Draymond is barely worth playing so that is almost worse than an injured guy you could replace. In dynasty, I am in trouble. Need to figure something out.
I really took a long look at your roster and ultimately decided I wanted none of it.

Yeah, but you also made fun of my high Horford pick last year and he killed it and I won the league, so your opinion...well, I value it...and am glad to hear that's your opinion. I'm not really looking to make a trade in that league anyway. I won't get relegated, even though I probably won't repeat.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#178 » by MathiasPW » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:

Yeah, but you also made fun of my high Horford pick last year and he killed it and I won the league, so your opinion...well, I value it...and am glad to hear that's your opinion. I'm not really looking to make a trade in that league anyway. I won't get relegated, even though I probably won't repeat.
Oh, I was talking about Dynasty. I'm really in no position to make such claims on the Premier League, anyway.

Anyway, I was trying to say that your available players in Dynasty do not fill any of my needs. I really took a long look at your roster, as I am sending several offers out trying to fix some of my chronic weaknesses.

It just so happens we are not good trade partners. I dont have much youth to offer. Same thing happened with Kerrsed.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#179 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:40 am

MathiasPW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:I really took a long look at your roster and ultimately decided I wanted none of it.

Oh, I was talking about Dynasty. I'm really in no position to make such claims on the Premier League, anyway.

Anyway, I was trying to say that your available players in Dynasty do not fill any of my needs. I really took a long look at your roster, as I am sending several offers out trying to fix some of my chronic weaknesses.

It just so happens we are not good trade partners. I dont have much youth to offer. Same thing happened with Kerrsed.

Yeah, trading in dynasty is tough. I was trying to compete and stay young but that's almost impossible unless you are like WG with Embiid and AD.

I rejected an earlier offer but just sent it back, because I felt I needed to make a move, even though I am probably losing the trade, but it would allow me to keep more players I would like to keep.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,810

Post#180 » by Qwigglez » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:42 am

First place in dynasty, last place in premier.
I believe I drafted Isaacs but dropped him because of how underwhelming his rookie season was. I've currently got 6 guys in the top 35 with Drummond (3rd), Giannis (5th), Booker (10th), Lavine (19th), Whiteside (30th), Kennard (34th). Don't think Whiteside or Kennard is sustainable but hopefully Kennard stays somewhat consistent as I need him to replace my older veterans that I chose to keep in Redick, Ingles, and even Batum.

Would be nice if Giannis shot better than 63% at the FT line (with 12 attempts per game). Last year he shot 73%.

Return to Phoenix Suns