ImageImageImage

2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,378

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#241 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 6:00 pm

In Dynasty, I'll put Horford and a 4th round draft pick on the table for a 2nd round pick and another player as filler.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#242 » by Kerrsed » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:23 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:So, in the premier league I accidentally dropped luke kennard instead of ntilikina, can a commish fix this?

Its been fixed !
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#243 » by Kerrsed » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:28 pm

bwgood77 wrote:In Dynasty, I'll put Horford and a 4th round draft pick on the table for a 2nd round pick and another player as filler.

Offer sent!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#244 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 8:24 pm

MathiasPW wrote:Updated PER GAME Rankings for Dynasty. Weeka and Qwigglez continue a tight battle for 1st.

Sunskerr with his new team is looking great, but is falling behind on amount of games played (as is bwgood). Make sure you adjust your strategies not to leave too many games hanging because you were waiting for your injured guys to come back.

Kerrsed has been notorious in his bouncy ways, winning Season 17/18, tanking (unsuccesfully) last year and now being back in fighting for a top 3 finish, along with TASTIC, who's been working his magic towards relevance.

I wanted to confirm we have decided to go with 7 keepers or you can keep an 8th instead of your first round draft pick.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#245 » by MathiasPW » Fri Dec 6, 2019 8:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:Updated PER GAME Rankings for Dynasty. Weeka and Qwigglez continue a tight battle for 1st.

Sunskerr with his new team is looking great, but is falling behind on amount of games played (as is bwgood). Make sure you adjust your strategies not to leave too many games hanging because you were waiting for your injured guys to come back.

Kerrsed has been notorious in his bouncy ways, winning Season 17/18, tanking (unsuccesfully) last year and now being back in fighting for a top 3 finish, along with TASTIC, who's been working his magic towards relevance.

I wanted to confirm we have decided to go with 7 keepers or you can keep an 8th instead of your first round draft pick.

We have agreed that you choose an 8th keeper OR a 1st round draft pick. If you trade 1st round picks, it means you've chosen 7 keepers.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#246 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 8:31 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

We have agreed that you choose an 8th keeper OR a 1st round draft pick. If you trade 1st round picks, it means you've chosen 7 keepers.

OK, sounds good.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like 

Post#247 » by sunskerr » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:20 am

I honestly think that’s too huge a punishment for trading a first round pick.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#248 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:49 am

Why don't we make the non-keeper pick an auxiliary 1st? So if you only keep 7, you get a pick at the end of the 1st. I don't like the idea of teams who decide to not keep an 8th player jumping to the front of the line. I also think it'll help these pick swaps to avoid incidental loss of a keeper slot.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#249 » by Kyler Murray » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:49 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Kyler Murray wrote:So, in the premier league I accidentally dropped luke kennard instead of ntilikina, can a commish fix this?

Its been fixed !

Arigato!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#250 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 4:29 am

sunskerr wrote:I honestly think that’s too huge a punishment for trading a first round pick.

MrMiyagi wrote:Why don't we make the non-keeper pick an auxiliary 1st? So if you only keep 7, you get a pick at the end of the 1st. I don't like the idea of teams who decide to not keep an 8th player jumping to the front of the line. I also think it'll help these pick swaps to avoid incidental loss of a keeper slot.

I don't like changing rules midstream. I brought up the idea in the offseason when people with bad teams were complaining about # of keepers that we could do 7 keepers, and an 8th but you lose your 1st round pick.

Of course if you trade your first round pick you can't keep 8 in that scenario.

I just made a trade based on what was confirmed.

Also, Miyagi, no one is jumping to the front. I doubt anyone in the first four tier will keep 8...and maybe in the second tier. It will be the bottom half.

Why would a team with the worst record who might get the first pick (but could end as low as 4th) but could lose their pick if they kept 8, get an auxiliary pick at the end of the round instead of where they are slotted? Or are you just saying the 5th pick would jump to the end of the first in addition to the regular slotting.

The thing is, if we change things now to something like that, I probably wouldn't have made that trade. I was giving up a good player to trade for what would likely be a high 2nd round pick, but higher due to those who have keepers. With this kind of thing, I never would have made that type of trade.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#251 » by sunskerr » Sat Dec 7, 2019 11:15 am

I just don't like the rule. It's so harsh on trading a first rounder that a lot of people are going to be keeping their 1sts instead of trading it. Heck, probably everyone will. I can bear with it this year but I hope we find a better solution after this.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#252 » by MathiasPW » Sat Dec 7, 2019 2:46 pm

sunskerr wrote:I just don't like the rule. It's so harsh on trading a first rounder that a lot of people are going to be keeping their 1sts instead of trading it. Heck, probably everyone will. I can bear with it this year but I hope we find a better solution after this.
If you look at the last keeper of every team this season, you will notice that the choice is basically between someone like PJ Tucker or Dewayne Dedmon or a young player with potential.

Basically if you want to contend or build.

Contenders should be wary of selling their 1st round picks as it means they'd lose that 8th keeper. And late 1st round picks don't have that much value for builders, as well.

The rule creates more opportunity for gamblers on upcoming teams who might be willing to acquire a missing piece against guys trying many shots at the lottery to get a nice long-term piece.

In my mind, it adds a layer of additional strategy on team building, which is fun.

Obviously, if the rule creates a prohibitive cost and we see noone using it, we'd just change it.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#253 » by sunskerr » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:35 pm

I mean it's just roto it's not like you have to worry about fit or complementary players, as far as missing pieces go. I guess you'd just be trading a first round pick for a player to put you over the top (to guarantee a 1st place finish) in exchange for only getting 7 keepers and no 1st rounder in the offseason. That's a huge price to pay, but I guess I could see it happening. As far as other trades that aren't surefire 1st place winners, it's tough to see people taking on that penalty if the trade isn't outright guaranteeing them a win.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#254 » by TASTIC » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:37 pm

Yeeeah I’m not a fan of at all of changing a rule in season, sorry...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#255 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 4:44 pm

sunskerr wrote:I just don't like the rule. It's so harsh on trading a first rounder that a lot of people are going to be keeping their 1sts instead of trading it. Heck, probably everyone will. I can bear with it this year but I hope we find a better solution after this.

OK, maybe we change it going forward with consensus, but this was for the newer teams and to potentially flood the pool with a few more good players.

The thing is, not all players can go THAT young. Only 2-3 rookies every year have nice fantasy impact, and maybe a couple more in their second year. Look at those who drafted Bamba, Ntilikina, Josh Jackson, Fultz, Bender, Chriss, DSJr, etc...giving up an 8th keeper if you have a solid player if you have like the 10th pick or worse isn't great. I had a mid tier team one year and got Ntilikina and he's gone. I got Culver this year after having 3rd worst record and he isn't doing too much.

You won't finish top 4 if you try to go young...it's just too much like the real NBA.

What might make it more like the real NBA is if we actually had playoffs somehow. At some point the top 8 entered into playoff mode and had seeding like the real NBA and it played out for a number of weeks. That might encourage more teams to stay in the mix if teams that are seriously top 8 are dropping solid players to go young. I certainly wouldn't if I was top 8, unless my team was dropping to due guys in their mid 30s.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#256 » by bwgood77 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 4:48 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
If you look at the last keeper of every team this season, you will notice that the choice is basically between someone like PJ Tucker or Dewayne Dedmon or a young player with potential.

Basically if you want to contend or build.

Contenders should be wary of selling their 1st round picks as it means they'd lose that 8th keeper. And late 1st round picks don't have that much value for builders, as well.

The rule creates more opportunity for gamblers on upcoming teams who might be willing to acquire a missing piece against guys trying many shots at the lottery to get a nice long-term piece.

In my mind, it adds a layer of additional strategy on team building, which is fun.

Obviously, if the rule creates a prohibitive cost and we see noone using it, we'd just change it.

I think 8 keepers is a good number and am suprised some teams may not have 8...I didn't this past year, and kept Len, but each year with new drafts the pool feels larger even though it's really not because most players in the draft amount to nothing. I just traded Horford for a pick because it would have been a choice between a younger guy or him and being near the bottom, and already dealing Westbrook, it made sense to move on from an older player. But he could've really helped a number of teams compete for several years.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#257 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Dec 7, 2019 5:34 pm

Honestly after the top couple picks with the real high end rooks the draft is pretty much flat and value can be found anywhere. Heck I got PJ Washington in the end of the 4th round and he's a contributor now and looks like a potential keeper.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#258 » by Desertfox » Sun Dec 8, 2019 5:28 pm

Delon Wright is available in Dynasty, looking for someone with good fg% and/or blocks that is not a SF.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#259 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:32 am

I didn't even realize Lowry was back last night, and he had a monster game....still had him on IR. Hayward back today, so I took him off IR, but decided not to play him on his first game back. He had a pretty nice game too. But nice to have all my players back now in premier, though Brogdon keeps being unexpectedly out, and I had him starting and could have started someone else instead.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#260 » by Desertfox » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:26 pm

My worst stats in G-league are Rebounds, Blocks, and FG%, with both Ayton and Zion being out. I should be able to make a good run once both are back...

Return to Phoenix Suns