Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Around the NBA 2019-20 

Post#181 » by Revived » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:53 am

darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ja Morant, a rookie, is sitting out games due to rest in the first three weeks of the season?

Wow.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#182 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 am

Revived wrote:
darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ja Morant, a rookie, is sitting out games due to rest in the first three weeks of the season?

Wow.
It's a little odd but actually rookies are probably the ones that could use it the most since the season is so much longer than college. And there's also the fact Memphis 1st rounder is like top 5 protected so they have some motivation to lose :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#183 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:50 am

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Oof the Blazers are struggling. I can totally see them making a strong enough push for Kevin Love if the Cavs are willing.

Do they have enough salary to send out? I am not sure I see them going after him. They have usually wanted good defense to throw at wings at SF/PF with their guard duo.

I am not sure if Nurkic is coming back, and when, but if he doesn't we can certainly compete for that 8 spot with all the struggling west teams. Pelicans really struggling and I really don't know if Zion can help them THAT much or stay healthy, but they may start falling too far back to make it up anyway.

And the Kings struggling a bit too.

Yeah, the Blazers have Kent Bazemore expiring this year, along with Zach Collins, and either Skal or Simons. I think the Blazers are too attached to Simons to part with him. Like the Suns, the Blazers have also been rumored to be interested in Love for years since again, he's from the PNW. The owner doesn't care about being over the luxury tax at all, and just wants to build a competitive team.

Side note, the ticket prices for the Blazers to start the year have been sky-high. $50 for nose bleed tickets, and on top of that I believe they have a higher cost of alcohol at the arena then other teams.
The blazers are in a tough spot they absolutely need to add a big, hell they needed another big before Collins went down.

Love is a hard one to judge trade value, big contract but not super crazy relative to what guys are paid these days. He's been healthy and good this year so might be time for Cleveland to strike while his value is high but they don't really have to move him it's not like they will use that money to sign a better FA. I think if/when they do make him available there will be a few interested teams.

A deal I've seen floating around is CJ to Orlando to a package with Gordon. That actually does make some sense for both sides and while CJ has been bad this year id be curious to see how he does as a number 1 offensive option.

Or maybe Portland just waits until 12/15 and deals for one or two of the Knicks bigs for cheap. Even dudes like Portis and Gibson would help.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#184 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:42 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Do they have enough salary to send out? I am not sure I see them going after him. They have usually wanted good defense to throw at wings at SF/PF with their guard duo.

I am not sure if Nurkic is coming back, and when, but if he doesn't we can certainly compete for that 8 spot with all the struggling west teams. Pelicans really struggling and I really don't know if Zion can help them THAT much or stay healthy, but they may start falling too far back to make it up anyway.

And the Kings struggling a bit too.

Yeah, the Blazers have Kent Bazemore expiring this year, along with Zach Collins, and either Skal or Simons. I think the Blazers are too attached to Simons to part with him. Like the Suns, the Blazers have also been rumored to be interested in Love for years since again, he's from the PNW. The owner doesn't care about being over the luxury tax at all, and just wants to build a competitive team.

Side note, the ticket prices for the Blazers to start the year have been sky-high. $50 for nose bleed tickets, and on top of that I believe they have a higher cost of alcohol at the arena then other teams.
The blazers are in a tough spot they absolutely need to add a big, hell they needed another big before Collins went down.

Love is a hard one to judge trade value, big contract but not super crazy relative to what guys are paid these days. He's been healthy and good this year so might be time for Cleveland to strike while his value is high but they don't really have to move him it's not like they will use that money to sign a better FA. I think if/when they do make him available there will be a few interested teams.

A deal I've seen floating around is CJ to Orlando to a package with Gordon. That actually does make some sense for both sides and while CJ has been bad this year id be curious to see how he does as a number 1 offensive option.

Or maybe Portland just waits until 12/15 and deals for one or two of the Knicks bigs for cheap. Even dudes like Portis and Gibson would help.

McCollum for Gordon actually makes a lot of sense for both teams. Orlando needs to upgrade from Fultz/Augustin and could run a nice backcourt with McCollum and Fournier, especially since Vucevic is a good passer. Plus they just drafted a PF (though he's injured) but also signed a SF or PF or two it seems...Aminu I think...and have Bamba as another developing big.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#185 » by Blonde » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:35 am

Blazers should have sold high on McCollum a year ago. Same with the Pelicans and Jrue Holiday.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#186 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 am

Blonde wrote:Blazers should have sold high on McCollum a year ago. Same with the Pelicans and Jrue Holiday.

100%
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#187 » by Bogyo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 am

Blonde wrote:Blazers should have sold high on McCollum a year ago. Same with the Pelicans and Jrue Holiday.

Pels, Holiday agreed.
But if the Blazers get Love for Whiteside, Simmons (and maybe a draftpick), they can be up there with the elite of the west once Nurkic returns. They will hang 130 easy on everybody, and outrebound just about everybody. Yes, wing is thin, and not too stellar D, but they can try to fill the wings with the buyout vets, 4year NCAA guys from the 2nd round, etc...
DroughtsOverPHX
Junior
And1: 357

Post#188 » by DroughtsOverPHX » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:46 am

Revived wrote:
darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow.

So the league office has to be quietly flipping out over this. It brings back the Popopvich sitting Ginobili and Duncan during the regular season memories only this time we are changing the precedent to you can do this all year. The league office would love to force owners to put players on the court that bring them the most money. If it only didn't look so darned slave ownerish.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#189 » by Qwigglez » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Blazers aren't going to sell on McCollum, that would be the ultimate panic move. They simply have the injury bug hitting them right now. Whiteside isn't on the same level as Nurkic, he's doing an okay job but he's a stat-stuffer. Portland just extended McCollum and I doubt anyone would even want him, especially not the Magic. I think getting Love is very tangible, Simons has tremendous upside and I could see the Cavs being very intrigued by his skillset. Will the Blazers let Simons go? If it meant getting Love absolutely. Blazers have a bunch of new guys on their team so I think they are still trying to figure out how to mesh.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#190 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Blazers aren't going to sell on McCollum, that would be the ultimate panic move. They simply have the injury bug hitting them right now. Whiteside isn't on the same level as Nurkic, he's doing an okay job but he's a stat-stuffer. Portland just extended McCollum and I doubt anyone would even want him, especially not the Magic. I think getting Love is very tangible, Simons has tremendous upside and I could see the Cavs being very intrigued by his skillset. Will the Blazers let Simons go? If it meant getting Love absolutely. Blazers have a bunch of new guys on their team so I think they are still trying to figure out how to mesh.
I don't think that a CJ for Gordon type deal would be panicking from Portland, more a strategic move that ballances them in the short term and long term gives them a good PF and opens a spot for Simons at SG. I think Portland would get a little more in that deal maybe it's fornier or even Bamba. That deal really depends on your perception of Gordon who I personally like but opinions vary.

On the Orlando side they absolutely need more offense and CJ accomplishes that. Isaac is looking great and while him and Gordon start together at the F spots now they are both more natural PFs and long term one probably should be moved.

darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,724

Post#191 » by darmani » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#192 » by denial » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:22 am

Rumors Knicks are dumping fizdale. I know a lot of posters here wanted him and felt Monty was a consolation prize. I never liked Fizdale but admittedly knew little of him or Monty. But it seems like the Knicks haven’t started well at all

Anyways it looks like we did good.
denial
Bench Warmer

Post#193 » by denial » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:24 am

denial wrote:Rumors Knicks are dumping fizdale. I know a lot of posters here wanted him and felt Monty was a consolation prize. I never liked Fizdale but admittedly knew little of him or Monty. But it seems like the Knicks haven’t started well at all

Or wait was that last year and we lost out to fiz and took Kokoskov? Haha my bad I literally have it all blurred together in my head. Rough decade
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#194 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:45 am

denial wrote:
denial wrote:Rumors Knicks are dumping fizdale. I know a lot of posters here wanted him and felt Monty was a consolation prize. I never liked Fizdale but admittedly knew little of him or Monty. But it seems like the Knicks haven’t started well at all

Or wait was that last year and we lost out to fiz and took Kokoskov? Haha my bad I literally have it all blurred together in my head. Rough decade

It was mostly the previous year. I never wanted Fizdale. I'd be a little surprised if they got rid of him that quickly, but being the Knicks, they are not hurting for money, so who knows?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#195 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:09 am

If I recall correctly, not many on here wanted Fizdale although he was one of the more high profile coaches available when we hired Igor.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#196 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:10 am

bwgood77 wrote:
denial wrote:

It was mostly the previous year. I never wanted Fizdale. I'd be a little surprised if they got rid of him that quickly, but being the Knicks, they are not hurting for money, so who knows?

Knicks are a joke of a organisation. FIzdale isn't some elite coach or anything but he's 100% getting the short end of the stick here. They have no legit playmaker on the team and half a roster full of PF's, yet Mills is going to put this all on Fiz.
denial
Bench Warmer

Post#197 » by denial » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:15 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

If I recall correctly, not many on here wanted Fizdale although he was one of the more high profile coaches available when we hired Igor.

It might have just been one or two posters who were really passionate about it, or I might be just mistaken. I just mixed up 2018 and 2019 Off season memories so clearly I’m likely to have misremembered.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#198 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:26 am

Dallas lost to Boston, and Memphis is beating SA...good games from JJJ (22 pts, 4-6 from 3) and Brandon Clarke (14 points on 6/7 shooting and 2/2 from 3 along with 8 boards). Brooks (the one we wanted) and JV shooting well too but Morant having a really bad shooting night.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#199 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 am

bwgood77 wrote:Dallas lost to Boston, and Memphis is beating SA...good games from JJJ (22 pts, 4-6 from 3) and Brandon Clarke (14 points on 6/7 shooting and 2/2 from 3 along with 8 boards). Brooks (the one we wanted) and JV shooting well too but Morant having a really bad shooting night.

Tatum having a ROUGH game. 5pts on 1-17 shooting lol. Likewise for Zinger 4pts on 1-11 shooting.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,538

Post#200 » by Qwigglez » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:58 am

Been saying it, but Spurs aren’t a good team! DeRozan isn’t really an all-star.

Return to Phoenix Suns