Yes - We need a spark off from our currently limp bench offense
80%
No - We need our best scorers in the starting line up
20%

Total votes: 49

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Re: 2019 season speculation including trade ideas: The Long Awaited Return of Ayton 

Post#2301 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:58 pm

It's really hard to gauge what Lauri would be worth in the trade market. Hes played really well as a rookie but has sort of plateaued since. His advanced stats are very similar to Saric actually.

He's eligible for an extension this summer and will be a RFA after next season. He's a tough one with that too since his upside vs actual current production are currently a pretty big gap.

I'd be interested for sure because I do like his fit with Ayton.

A simple deal would be Saric plus a top 4 protected 2020 1st plus maybe a minor asset like okobo or Jerome.

Hell I'd probably even unprotect the 2020 pick if that's what it took. Suns are likely a late lotto team with a slim chance of moving up and even if you do this draft doesn't have that absolutely superstar at the top.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Re: 2019 season speculation including trade ideas: The Long Awaited Return of Ayton 

Post#2302 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:59 pm

BobbieL wrote:Plumlee out for the Nuggets

suggested on twitter
Read on Twitter

Beasley for Baynes ? thoughts

(I would like Baynes going to a contender too)

And Porter can play more. He's been on fire. He may end up being top 3 in the draft class.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,478

Post#2303 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Desertfox wrote:If we are giving up two 1st round picks and Cam, I would try to get Sato back as well. That would plug our two biggest holes.

I hear you man and definitely agree too. I really don't want to give up Johnson. But IF that's ultimately what it would take to get Lauri, I'd have to eventually do it, As I just see Markannen as having much greater potential. Not to sound too "out there" but I think he could actually have Dirk Nowitzi/ Gallinari potential as his best outcome?? :o :o ( in terms of a fluid 7 ft. Floor spacing big man that can go off and hit big shots anywhere on the floor.

But yes, I'd definitely push for Sato back in the deal. :nod:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2304 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wish Jones would just come out and say they aren't trading anybody..... then we could get a break from DeKleine's quest to propose a trade for every player in the league.

Lol...... :lol:

Yeah, Heaven forbid we actually discuss possabilities of trying to make the team better defensively or try to add more depth to our bench and actually genuinely have a chance to make the playoffs after more than a decade of being irrelevant. Also why actually discuss or propose trade possabilities on a trade discussion board???

That's just silly. 8-) :lol: I mean if we were actually able to improve, Then what would Fran have left to complain about. Whist not showing any reasonable ability to create any tangible trade ideas himself. Good job as always on being a snide yet clever wordsmith though. I guess we all play our roles on this forum. :D So don't ever change man. I'd miss that passive aggressive attention seeking at someone else's expense kind of charm that makes you uniquely you man. :wink:

If you look at it from the other team's perspective and what might be realistic, particularly when thinking if they are trying to compete, sure, but thinking Brooklyn will trade Jarrett Allen, Harris, and whoever else it was like LeVert or Dinwiddie, for our scrubs....I mean, we probably couldn't get one of those guys.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2305 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:I apologize for the repetitive post, But just curious as to whether or not there could be any substance or credibility to this? :dontknow: :o

Read on Twitter
?s=19

And if so, What would it realistically take to get him. And how much of an upgrade would he be over Saric at his current contractual price?

No, no substance or credibility, unless they get a star.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#2306 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

suggested on twitter
Read on Twitter

And Porter can play more. He's been on fire. He may end up being top 3 in the draft class.
I'd absolutely do Baynes for Beasley.

Porter looks great. Teams like the Knicks have to be kicking themselves they didn't roll the dice on him that draft. Now his injury was scary and I get why he dropped but no one has ever doubted his talent.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#2307 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Qwigglez wrote:The Bulls likely want a player who is still on their rookie contract so they can have maximum cap space. This trade works...

Suns get:
Lauri Markkanen
Tomas Satoransky
Denzel Valentine
Thaddeus Young

Bulls get:
Cam Johnson
Frank Kaminsky
Ty Johnson
Jevon Carter
Suns 2021 1st top 8 protected

Essentially the Bulls cut a ton of salary with Sato and Young going to the Suns. We get Markkanen and we even keep Saric, Valentine has been a disappointment and likely wants to be traded too. Potentially have to trade another pick I'm not sure of the value here. Our rotation would look like this...

Rubio / Sato
Booker / Valentine
Oubre / Bridges
Markkanen / Saric
Ayton / Baynes

Look at the Bulls depth chart. https://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/chi Find me a SF worth playing. If they're interested in anyone on this roster, it's Oubre and Bridges. I don't think they want another player to develop (ie Cam Johnson).

The problem for us with benching Oubre in favor of Bridges is that this is Oubre's breakout year, and it's important to Kelly from a $$$ perspective that he start. He is a starter in this league, but I'm skeptical of his fit in the starting lineup (as are many of us). So I could see Oubre preferring the starting gig in Chicago if the alternative is coming off our bench - even after you take into account his connection with Phoenix and his teammates.

Getting Sato would be a coup in any case.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,172

Post#2308 » by Slim Charless » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:I apologize for the repetitive post, But just curious as to whether or not there could be any substance or credibility to this? :dontknow: :o

Read on Twitter
?s=19

And if so, What would it realistically take to get him. And how much of an upgrade would he be over Saric at his current contractual price?

I asked the same question to the bulls board and they said that Oubre, Saric and a pick along with taking Felicio off their hands would do it. Or instead of Felicio trading OPJ and for TJs expiring is possible.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#2309 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:24 pm

RunDogGun wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

He would be a very slight upgrade over Saric at their current stats. Who knows if that would change once he arrived. But what would it cost us?

It is true that he is in the market? I doubt it. If he is available the value will be pretty high.

What about Cam Johnson, Saric and 2021 first round pick (Top 10 protected) for Lauri? Or Cam, Kaminsky and that pick?

I think that would be a fair offer knowing that Saric is a RFA and he will get around (probably) $8M-$10M per season. Not sure if we want to retain him.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#2310 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:33 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

suggested on twitter
Read on Twitter

I'd absolutely do Baynes for Beasley.

Porter looks great. Teams like the Knicks have to be kicking themselves they didn't roll the dice on him that draft. Now his injury was scary and I get why he dropped but no one has ever doubted his talent.

I do not like Beasley. He looks an empty stats guy. Not intangibles, not high basketball IQ.

And he needs to get paid this summer. I would not trade Baynes for him.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#2311 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 pm

Saberestar wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

He would be a very slight upgrade over Saric at their current stats. Who knows if that would change once he arrived. But what would it cost us?

It is true that he is in the market? I doubt it. If he is available the value will be pretty high.

What about Cam Johnson, Saric and 2021 first round pick (Top 10 protected) for Lauri? Or Cam, Kaminsky and that pick?

I think that would be a fair offer knowing that Saric is a RFA and he will get around (probably) $8M-$10M per season. Not sure if we want to retain him.

I can't see us moving Saric, since we need the stability if we're going to make a playoff push. See my post above for why the Bulls would probably prefer Oubre (or Bridges) to Cam.

No reason to overpay for Lauri, if we're also giving up a valuable young player.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#2312 » by Saberestar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:51 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:The Bulls likely want a player who is still on their rookie contract so they can have maximum cap space. This trade works...

Suns get:
Lauri Markkanen
Tomas Satoransky
Denzel Valentine
Thaddeus Young

Bulls get:
Cam Johnson
Frank Kaminsky
Ty Johnson
Jevon Carter

Essentially the Bulls cut a ton of salary with Sato and Young going to the Suns. We get Markkanen and we even keep Saric, Valentine has been a disappointment and likely wants to be traded too. Potentially have to trade another pick I'm not sure of the value here. Our rotation would look like this...

Rubio / Sato
Booker / Valentine
Oubre / Bridges
Markkanen / Saric
Ayton / Baynes

Look at the Bulls depth chart. https://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/chi Find me a SF worth playing. If they're interested in anyone on this roster, it's Oubre and Bridges. I don't think they want another player to develop (ie Cam Johnson).

The problem for us with benching Oubre in favor of Bridges is that this is Oubre's breakout year, and it's important to Kelly from a $$$ perspective that he start. He is a starter in this league, but I'm skeptical of his fit in the starting lineup (as are many of us). So I could see Oubre preferring the starting gig in Chicago if the alternative is coming off our bench - even after you take into account his connection with Phoenix and his teammates.

Oubre for Lauri makes a lot of sense for both teams.

They have a ton of young players so a young veteran as Oubre would be welcome.

Not sure about trading Oubre... I like him and we need his energy and scoring punch, but Lauri can be an All Star in a position of need for us.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#2313 » by BobbieL » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Saberestar wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Suns get:
Lauri Markkanen
Tomas Satoransky
Denzel Valentine
Thaddeus Young

Bulls get:
Cam Johnson
Frank Kaminsky
Ty Johnson
Jevon Carter

Rubio / Sato
Booker / Valentine
Oubre / Bridges
Markkanen / Saric
Ayton / Baynes

Not sure about trading Oubre... I like him and we need his energy and scoring punch, but Lauri can be an All Star in a position of need for us.

I think I would be okay with Oubre for Lauri. Would want to somehow get Sato for Tyler if that’s the case. It’s probably the longest of long shots this happens. But he was solid as a rookie.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,172

Post#2314 » by Slim Charless » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:19 pm

BobbieL wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

I think I would be okay with Oubre for Lauri. Would want to somehow get Sato for Tyler if that’s the case. It’s probably the longest of long shots this happens. But he was solid as a rookie.

You'd have to pull the trigger on that if possible. Frees up more room for our other wings (tho KO is the best of the bunch so far) while getting a piece that would work w/ Ayton. 7 footer w/ range and imagine if we could get him back to last years version of Lauri. 19 and 9 while shooting 36 from three would be perfect. He's a wildcat too so you figure Sarver would like that.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2315 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Suns get:
Lauri Markkanen
Tomas Satoransky
Denzel Valentine
Thaddeus Young

Bulls get:
Cam Johnson
Frank Kaminsky
Ty Johnson
Jevon Carter

Rubio / Sato
Booker / Valentine
Oubre / Bridges
Markkanen / Saric
Ayton / Baynes

Otto Porter is a career 40% shooter. That's why he got a max or near max contract. He's been out for awhile, but he's certainly worth playing. He would play SF considering they have Lauri and Wendell.
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#2316 » by m1chal » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:36 pm

I'd do a trade of Kelly, lightly protected FRP + filler for Lauri and Sato without much thought. It would solve our biggest problems.
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#2317 » by Mjee » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:01 pm

m1chal wrote:I'd do a trade of Kelly, lightly protected FRP + filler for Lauri and Sato without much thought. It would solve our biggest problems.

100%
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#2318 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm

I'm not saying I wouldn't trade oubre for Lauri but oubre is a better player right now and he's only 2 years older.

I like the idea of Lauri and would absolutely be interested in a trade but the deeper I dive into him the questions I have.

If they would make a Lauri trade it's a big bet on Ayton being able to continue his defensive growth because Lauri is never going be good on that side of the ball.

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,478

Post#2319 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:29 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:
I wish Jones would just come out and say they aren't trading anybody..... then we could get a break from DeKleine's quest to propose a trade for every player in the league.

Lol...... :lol:

Yeah, Heaven forbid we actually discuss possabilities of trying to make the team better defensively or try to add more depth to our bench and actually genuinely have a chance to make the playoffs after more than a decade of being irrelevant. Also why actually discuss or propose trade possabilities on a trade discussion board???

That's just silly. 8-) :lol: I mean if we were actually able to improve, Then what would Fran have left to complain about. Whist not showing any reasonable ability to create any tangible trade ideas himself. Good job as always on being a snide yet clever wordsmith though. I guess we all play our roles on this forum. :D So don't ever change man. I'd miss that passive aggressive attention seeking at someone else's expense kind of charm that makes you uniquely you man. :wink:

If you look at it from the other team's perspective and what might be realistic, particularly when thinking if they are trying to compete, sure, but thinking Brooklyn will trade Jarrett Allen, Harris, and whoever else it was like LeVert or Dinwiddie, for our scrubs....I mean, we probably couldn't get one of those guys.

If we're talking about franks' post, Then IF it was about that particular trade idea or any other in particular, I'm sure he'd be capable of composing a constructive oppositional argument. But I think we both understand that it's not really about any specific trade details man. But moreover his irritation from my inclination to create various trades and their frequency. But again, this is a discussion board regarding trade speculation isn't it? So what's so wrong about discussing trade ideas and hypothetical proposals. Isn't that after all the purpose of a discussion board? Look, I'm perfectly fine with opposing perspectives and replying in a constructive manner. But that's really not his schtick. He's instead, predictably posts replies with snide remarks and clever quips in typical passive/ aggressive manner. Again, it's not that hard to reply with actual constructive feedback or opposing arguments. That's how we learn and improve. But condescending, snide remarks unfortunately contribute nothing to the discussion, or opposing arguments other than to try and bait back and forths to feed wordsmithing energy vampires. And as I'm sure you're aware, I don't choose to respond to such poor energy seeking ploys. Nor do I criticize other poster's proposals, but try to keep it positive and constructive. That's just being respectful to other posters perspectives, regardless of a difference of opinion. Anyways........... :D

As for the trade, I understand that you have to take both team's interests into account of course. But with respect to that particular trade, my view ( whether skewed or not) in fairness, Was that Brooklyn is a hardcapped team that's struggling at 18-24, And barely hanging onto the 8th playoff spot in the east. With other eastern teams only two games back from them, And nipping at their heels. They've got to be sweating things a bit.

So, With little to no avenues for improvement outside of trades. And with consideration to Kyrie Irving's comments on needing to add better ( win now) pieces so that they can compete,
https://www.netsdaily.com/platform/amp/2020/1/16/21068384/kyrie-irvings-blueprint-nets-need-for-championship-pieces-is-glaring-transparent .

While he pointedly didn’t mention Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince or Joe Harris, he could very well have included them in his description of “complementary young guys.” Hard to know. The Nets of course signed most of their key pieces to long-term deals last summer, a seeming indication that they believed in the roster.

So again, With them being a hardcapped team, I mean that they'd have to absolutely consider all proposals right?

- Joe Harris.
He's set to be an unrestricted free agent this very summer ( 2020)
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/joe-harris-15385/#.
.And he'd probably get a pretty generous offer from some team. So with Brooklyn being hardcapped, And with whatever hefty offers he's likely to receive, which other players are they preferring to renounce in order to get the cap space to resign him? Wouldn't they just be better served by getting back value in a trade as opposed to having to renounce more of their roster in order to field a more competitive matching offer in an effort to bring him back?

- Jarrett Allen.
Now it's true that he's a very promising young defensive big man on a cheap contract. But again, Irving's comments suggested that he'd prefer adding better pieces for them to compete. So with him currently, How good have they been? Couldn't it be possible that he'd ( Irving) would prefer someone with more veteran playoff experience that's still tough in Baynes If they wish to compete? And it's not like they wouldn't have a shotblocking presence for their starting 5, As they still have DeAndre Jordan there. So it's about who could bring more to the team as a backup center. Now both of their stats indicate similar production. And Allen is the slightly better rebounder, But neither he nor Jordan actually can shoot well or spread the floor much if at all. How important would that be to them in the playoffs ( whenst opposing teams slow things down and pack the paint) so that Irving would still have more space to operate/ penetrate?

Also which player again would provide better leadership qualities toughness and poise to the team in the playoffs when they're trying to contend? They'd have to consider Baynes. Especially when also considering him only being a difference of about 2-3 million contractually. But also still being an expiring.

- Caris Levert.
I can see your argument here, As even though he's recently been struggling after returning from his dislocated foot injury, He's still got good potential, and is friends with Durant. But in any trade, You of course try to get a maximum value return......Correct? As no team goes into a trade looking to be on the losing end. You start high, and negotiate and work your way down to a mutually agreeable return. But you still ask, Because you never really know what a front offices perception of their players ( outside of Superstars) is if you don't ask. So again, You start off asking for best possible return always. You have to enquire about Levert, As even though he's a solid scorer, He's just returning from an injury, Is considered injury prone, and is not a overtly good perimeter shooter.
https://clutchpoints.com/caris-levert-is-returning-at-just-the-right-time-for-struggling-nets/amp/

To be clear, LeVert still has a whole lot to work on. He has never been a consistent perimeter shooter at any point of his four-year NBA tenure (career 33.1 percent three-point shooter), he is not a good a free-throw shooter (70.3 percent for his career) and he has been very injury-prone. LeVert played in 57, 71 and 40 games, respectively, over his first three NBA seasons, and he suffered a severe foot injury during his junior campaign at Michigan.
So with respect to that, As well as us needing a shot creator, You make the offer. If they say no, You negotiate for other inclusive pieces.

- Dinwiddie. He's a really good player that unfortunately needs the ball in his hands to be effective and isn't really a good off ball shooter. Now again, he's a very good backup guard option, But will now have to share the ball more with not only Irving and Levert, But also Durant when he returns. So given that his increased production was dependent upon his high usage during both Irving's and Leverts' injuries, His production is likely to decrease as he has the ball in his hands less, and is forced into an off ball role more. And that would make his 12 million player option ( Which he's likely to decline anyways, as he's coveting a starting role). Hello Orlando??...........

But IF he doesn't, Then his contract might be somewhat steep for a hardcapped team to pay for a backup guard needing high usage to be effective, With possible further declining production from having the ball less in his hands.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sircharlesincharge.com/2020/01/15/brooklyn-nets-should-trade-spencer-dinwiddie/amp/ .
Also, His contractual salary could potentially complicate their ability to add quality players in 2021 free agency. So based on those factors/ considerations, I'd make the offer.

Lastly, I don't have the exact trade details in frontbof me, But I believe ( if I remember correctly) that it was something along the lines of Baynes, Saric and possibly Johnson's expiring perhaps. So are you then considering Baynes and Saric to be "Scrubs " then man? And if so, Why shouldn't we look to move them if we intend to improve? :dontknow:
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#2320 » by Kerrsed » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:50 pm

The difference between what Suns fans deem as an acceptable trade for Lauri and what Bulls fans are expecting is absolutely remarkable and polar opposites.

From the Bulls Board:

Lauri for Devonte Graham, Malik Monk, Right to swap 1sts

Lauri for RJ Barrett

Lauri, Thad Young, Felicio for Aaron Gordon and Mo Bamba

Lauri, Thad Young, Felicio for DeAngelo Russell and Eric Paschall

Lauri for SGA

Lauri for Marvin Bagley

I would only consider for potential stars so SGA, RJ, JJJ, Isaac are the few qualified ones I feel confident that have a brighter future.
Unknown ones like Bagley, Bamba should come with a pick. Believe it or not, not many PFs have the skillset of Lauri and Porzingis is the only guy I can think that resembles. Post ACL Porzingis would still get max offers and Lauri is keeping up with him career wise.

For Lauri Idk if the Bulls are ready to trade him yet but for a deal with the Suns would have to include Saric, Oubre, Bridges, one of Kaminsky or Baynes and a pick.

I would trade him for Mitchell Robinson if NY would also throw in Dennis Smith and a future pick.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend

Return to Phoenix Suns