ImageImageImage

What do you think the odds for each team are for 8 seed?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

What do you think the odds for each team are for 8 seed? 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:40 am

How would you break down the odds, assuming OKC keeps their team together and gets the 7 spot and we don't make any trades?

Grizzlies - 20-22 - 2 game lead, Ja, JJJ, Brandon Clarke developing, Dillon Brooks playing tough, Valuncias putting up big #s
Spurs - 17-23 - 2 games back, have tiebreaker vs Suns - Pop, a few good young players along with their vets
Suns - 18-24 - 2 games back, Ayton, Cam, Okobo developing, Bridges returning to form
Blazers - 18-26 - 3 games back, Nurkic expected to return in February
Pelicans - 16-27 - 4.5 games back, Zion returning next game, just ended Jazz' 10 game winning streak on 49 from Ingram rapidly improving, Jaxson Hayes, NAW, Frank Jackson developing
Timberwolves - 15-27 - 5 games back, Towns returns after 15 game absence, Culver, Okogie, KBD developing
Kings - 15-27 - 5 games back, Fox back after missing a lot of games, great shooting, a lot of young developing players, added Bazemore
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Re: What do you think the odds are for 8 seed? 

Post#2 » by LV-Suns » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:42 am

I am fully expecting us to miss it by 1 game in typical Suns fashion.
I Dont wanna be here
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Re: What do you think the odds for each team are for 8 seed? 

Post#3 » by hollywood6964 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 am

I think the grizz will come back down to earth. They are on a high right now, teams will figure out a way to hedge off Morant and they will start to lose some. But damn is Morant nice.---1st best odds

Phx is in a great position if they can stay god damn healthy. Rubio is the key here, along with Ayton. Of course Booker is important as well. These next 4 will be telling, especially since Ayton has been healthy for quite some time now, and the team seems to just be starting to gel. Although Baynes needs to get his act together, we need his production.----2nd best odds

I don't like the spurs, lamarcus is aging and derozen is limited. Patty Mills is nice, and Murray is ok, but I just don't think they have enough.----3rd best odds

The Blazers are really counting on Nurkic to hit the ground running. More likely, it takes him and the team 10 games to incorporate him, and by then, they are out of the picture.------4th best odds

Pels....they'll do ok, but they are not in the race.----6th best odds

Wolves stink. Been saying that since day one. Only team that'll finish behind them is GSW, and that's a maybe. Who knows, Steph might come back and get them to win a few more, and the wolves continue to plummet.-----7th best odds

Kings suck. They are like us in that they just can't get healthy and put it all together. Even if they start to play better, I just think they are too far behind with too many teams to jump at this point.------5th best odds
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#4 » by Crives » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:26 am

I think the blazers are done.

Going to come down to Suns/Spurs/Grizz/Pelicans. Must win stretch of basketball coming up against spurs and Grizzlies.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#5 » by Dual » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:16 am

To me it will be a race between 3 young teams, Grizzlies, Phoenix and Pelicans.
Obviously NOP is the one that can take a huge leap when Zion comes back, the question is if he will stay healthy.
About Grizzlies, they have everything to make the playoffs right now but Morant has had some health issues too.
I think the 8th spot will be taken by the healthier team of those 3 teams.
If Phoenix figured out and become a consistent team they have their chances too.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#6 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:37 am

Crives wrote:I think the blazers are done.

Going to come down to Suns/Spurs/Grizz/Pelicans. Must win stretch of basketball coming up against spurs and Grizzlies.

I agree. Even if Nurkic comes back it wont be enough. They just look out of place. Last year they clicked on all cylinders but their defense has struggled and huge reason is losing Harkless, Aminu and Curry as well.

As of right now I have us ahead of Spurs and Pelicand but Grizzlies scare me they playing good at the moment.

Return to Phoenix Suns