ImageImageImage

Game 44: Indiana Pacers (28-16) @ Phoenix Suns (18-25)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who will be our top 3 stars of the night?

Booker
28%
Oubre
8%
Ayton
25%
Baynes
2%
Bridges
8%
Saric
8%
Rubio
20%

Total votes: 60

KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,947

Re: Game 44: Indiana Pacers (28-16) @ Phoenix Suns (18-25) 

Post#361 » by KLEON » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:08 pm

GoodBehavior Saric is so bad that I kinda wish we kept Ariza. I am not sure what Saric adds besides some fancy passes every other games. It's practically playing 5 on 4 ever single time. Too slow against more athletic PF. Too weak against bigger PF. No rebounding. No weakside protection. No shooting. What an awful acquisition.

Rubio-Saric-Oubres just doesn't work. Awful spacing and below average defense. One of these guys absolutely needed to be replaced by some fresh talents.

Saric looks bad at times because our lovely coach doesn't run plays for him. You would think he would realize by now that he's good on post-up plays,has mid range game and is a very good passer
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#362 » by RunDogGun » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:10 pm

There is no need to tell anyone "I told you so" about Warren, we all knew he was great at scoring the ball. We all knew he improved his game every year and put time in the gym. We all knew he was on a good contract. I think most people are just frustrated we got nothing for him.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,458

Post#363 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:21 pm

RunDogGun wrote:There is no need to tell anyone "I told you so" about Warren, we all knew he was great at scoring the ball. We all knew he improved his game every year and put time in the gym. We all knew he was on a good contract. I think most people are just frustrated we got nothing for him.

We received cash consideration.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#364 » by RunDogGun » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:There is no need to tell anyone "I told you so" about Warren, we all knew he was great at scoring the ball. We all knew he improved his game every year and put time in the gym. We all knew he was on a good contract. I think most people are just frustrated we got nothing for him.

Sarver received cash considerations, we fans received squat. :(
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,113

Post#365 » by handsome salary » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:27 pm

There was quite a lingering shot of all those championship banners in the rafters.

The Mercury ones.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#366 » by RunDogGun » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:51 pm

handsome salary wrote:There was quite a lingering shot of all those championship banners in the rafters.

The Mercury ones.

Who owns them? 8-)
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,394

Post#367 » by Revived » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:54 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:

The best asset Sarver wants.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#368 » by RunDogGun » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Revived wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

The best asset Sarver wants.

Is it? Didn't we just turn around and spend that cash on Rubio?
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#369 » by enigmatics » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:52 pm

I still couldn't care less about TJ and the fact that he offers nothing but occasional games where he's streaky hot. His game still doesn't provide anything else.

What I am pissed about are the Suns not showing up when someone like this comes to town - especially Oubre. Last night was a personal challenge to hold serv and he flopped. I was even more irate watching Sabonis eat Ayton's lunch. Given the disparity in talent level that should NEVER happen.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,449

Post#370 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Crives wrote:So in 3 minutes Zion made 4x as many threes as we did as a team through 3 quarters?

Yeah, lottery odds change when we have the 2nd worst record and Zion is in the draft. And Ja.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#371 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:23 pm

Frank Lee wrote:We chose OObre over TJ... plain and simple.

Stlye over substance.......ManBag over lunchpail.

More money over less money.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#372 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:23 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

What did it say?
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#373 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Sure I'm not the only one. All I wanted Ayton to do all game is what Sabonis was doing to him. Back him down, shift right to left to get a shot at the rim. Shoot 8-11 as a result. Does our boy have it in him?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#374 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Saberestar wrote:This was our worst game of the season. The feeling was powerlessness all game long.

We have lost games against lesser teams, and that is probably worst if I think about it, but last night's game gave me a really bad feeling.

Four terrible things that I saw in the game:

1. Ayton played a bad game. He was having a solid game until his third foul before halftime, but after that he was awful. Not a good sign because he just stopped playing....he just jogged around until the end of the game.

2. Warren showed again that James Jones did a big time mistake trading him. That trade was a joke then and now...Warren just made it easier to understand it with his great performance in Phoenix.

3. TJ McConnell. What a difference between our backup PG and their backup PG. Two different worlds. They lost Brogdon because of a cut in the face for all the second half and they played even better with McConnell. We need to trade for a player like that ASAP. We have the assets...it's frustrating that is so obvious and we don't make any move.

4. Oubre needs to go to the bench. Another game and another prove that we play better team basketball and are more effective with Bridges in the starting lineup. Oubre played really bad yesterday and sometimes you just need to do the most simple things. That simple change in the lineup can probably give us a big lift and be a better overall team.

And there were more bad things... but well, new game new opportunity. We need to forget this one and think about the Spurs.

I know people know I liked TJ more than Oubre, but for part of this season, I thought that maybe Oubre was the right call. I don't think so in hindsight. I think Monty would have utilized him well, and realized his strengths. He wasn't as good at highlight stats as Oubre, or Valleyboyz/fashion stuff, but he was more of a real baller, and finisher. And he had become an elite 3 pt shooter at the time. He has regressed in that area, but is still pretty solid. Still way better than Oubre from 2, 3, the line, so obviously a better TS%.

And then to add to that, gotten Brooks in the trade (Dillon) at that $1 million salary. That would solve our guard depth, allow us the cap space by not having gotten Oubre with his cap hold/re-sign, and we could have kept Melton for backup PG.

Rubio/Melton/Okobo
Booker/Brooks/Okobo
Bridges/Warren/Johnson (or if I am talking what I wish would have happened Clarke instead, but at 4)
Saric/Kaminsky (or if I am talking what I wish would have happened Clarke instead, but at 4, and maybe use extra FA cash on starting PF)
Ayton/Baynes/Doa;;p (or maybe skip the Jerome trade, keep that pick and re-sign Holmes..he had that small cap hold).

Does that lineup look better?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#375 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:37 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
I forgot that i still had a tab open and was able to still save the picture.

Savage. An so true. :banghead:

It makes no sense for them to post this though, since it was such an amazing deal for the Pacers. Why antagonize such a fantastic trade partner? They deleted it because they don't want to burn this bridge no matter what.

Yeah, management calls and says "DELETE THAT.....we want to rob them in the future as well! What were you thinking?"
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#376 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:38 pm

Revived wrote:James Jones night end up worse than McDonough if he’s here as long as McD was. Which I think he will be because Sarver thinks James Jones is the best way to improve Sarver’s image around the league.

As bad as McD was at drafting, free agency and trades (basically everything), he never gave up a good player for absolutely nothing. Even the Bledsoe and Markieff trades netted us 1st rounders in return.

He certainly had a better start...Bledsoe, Scola, Gortat trades and a 48 win season.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,947

Post#377 » by KLEON » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:39 pm

enigmatics wrote:I still couldn't care less about TJ and the fact that he offers nothing but occasional games where he's streaky hot. His game still doesn't provide anything else.

What I am pissed about are the Suns not showing up when someone like this comes to town - especially Oubre. Last night was a personal challenge to hold serv and he flopped. I was even more irate watching Sabonis eat Ayton's lunch. Given the disparity in talent level that should NEVER happen.

You would think people realize by now that Ayton wants nothing to do with physicality. BTW you're being disrespectful to Sabonis because he's by far better than Ayton.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#378 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:40 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
BobbieL wrote:The Tyler Johnson trade was a fiasco .. plain and simple

If they had just kept Anderson - they would have bought him out - saved a bunch of money on the cap and probably could have signed a Rubio and kept Warren.

All along I wanted to keep Warren. He was a good player getting better. I know at some point I probably wrote some things that I talked myself into. But I always thought TJ could be a good solid 6th man since the knock on him was no defense or rebounding.

Jones next move will be more closely analyzed by me.... glass will be half full until something is shown.

I said this all last year(after the trade). Many here kept praising the trade of Johnson for Anderson.

Warren is a solid starter, as we have seen on a good Pacer team. Hopefully we learn from that mistake, and not try and bench Oubre.

I am not quite sure if you watch the games, but he absolutely destroys our offensive rhthym. This has been shown how the lineups how he makes the lineups worse statiscally, but over 80% here can plainly see it with the eye test.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#379 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:42 pm

sunsbum wrote:I knew I'd be stepping into the arena with a bunch of TJ Warren told you so's this morning. Probably the same crowd that beats the drums when Josh Jackson and Bender have good games in the d league. Whatever, there's still half a season to play let's see if Warren can manage to not stub his cornrows and sit for 30 games.

Team just looked off tonight, pacers got a nice blue collar team over there.

I don't have any fixes for the team right now but I'm glad we have 2 years to evaluate KO and not 5. Love the guy but when he doesn't bring it the entire team just feels sloggy.

I still like Ty Jerome, I think he just needs a reset at the all-star break or another off-season with no injury's to get him into the NBA flow.

Saric is not a starter on a playoff team.

Yeah, we needed TJ when he was injured...had like an 18 game losing streak without him last year. Oubre sitting with injury helped the team get two big victories surrounded by a bunch of awful losses.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#380 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:42 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:

Though we also gave, what 2-3 draft picks?

Return to Phoenix Suns