ImageImageImage

2019 season speculation including trade ideas: two weeks away from the deadline

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Would you be happy with a Carter/Okobo/Top 4 protected first this year for Kennard?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 60

spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Re: 2019 season speculation including trade ideas: two weeks away from the deadline 

Post#521 » by spanishninja » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:27 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
So we give up Baynes, a three point shooting bigman, for Zubac who can't shoot the three? All for the 27th pick in the draft? Uh, no.

to be fair, Baynes hasn't been shooting the 3 well for some time now. just a significant falloff.

Yeah, pre hip flexor, 45%, post hip flexor, 25%. That injury obviously impacted his game and not only his shot, but some other ways as well, and then I think he came back to early, overcompensated and strained his calf, and still has soreness. When I had originally read about that type of injury, it talked about how you may need six weeks of rest and if doesn't properly heal before you get back to activity, it can linger and just get worse. Obviously it had a big impact on his but our overall team play. It happened right when we were 7-4 after playing a tough schedule, beating some tough teams like the Clippers and Sixers, and losing by 1 pt to Denver and Utah.

I'm not actually as concerned about his 3s as I am about him being able to continue playing physically on defense. When will he be able to come back? We need his defensive mentality out there, otherwise we need to move him for somebody who is good to go.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Re: 2019 season speculation including trade ideas: two weeks away from the deadline 

Post#522 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:31 pm

bigfoot wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:
Was reading a CBS article the other day that said they would make him available for Baynes.

So what does that do for us? I would rather trade Baynes to Clippers then to get some crap . back in Mudiay and Bradley

So we give up Baynes, a three point shooting bigman, for Zubac who can't shoot the three? All for the 27th pick in the draft? Uh, no.
You can't really view it as Baynes or Zubac because you only have Baynes under contract for about 30 more games in a season where the very best outcome is a quick playoff loss.

It's really Zubac vs 7mil in addition cap space this summer. That's a legit debate depending how much you like this class.

I view Zubac as a positive trade asset so if they were willing to throw in a 1st it's a no brainier you make that deal because that would be 2 assets that could be moved this summer to make them better next year and beyond.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#523 » by BobbieL » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:33 pm

Desertfox wrote:
BobbieL wrote:The rumored trade for the Clippers is Zubac for Baynes. Zubac is locked in for 2 more years plus an option. I am good with the Suns keeping their FRP of course but they do need to upgrade the roster moving forward. Maybe its not Mudiay and Bradley but getting younger players who are maturing - especially Mudiay post rookie deal - are not bad players to try to trade for. But it takes very good scouting and understanding how that player fits the Suns system.

I would take Zubac for Baynes if we could get some additional assets out of it, either Kabengele or Shamet and a FRP.

I am not sure the Suns will get Shamet for Baynes.

Kabengele and Robinson would be intriguing to me though.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#524 » by BobbieL » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:35 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
So what does that do for us? I would rather trade Baynes to Clippers then to get some crap . back in Mudiay and Bradley

You can't really view it as Baynes or Zubac because you only have Baynes under contract for about 30 more games in a season where the very best outcome is a quick playoff loss.

It's really Zubac vs 7mil in addition cap space this summer. That's a legit debate depending how much you like this class.

I view Zubac as a positive trade asset so if they were willing to throw in a 1st it's a no brainier you make that deal because that would be 2 assets that could be moved this summer to make them better next year and beyond.

yes, its the cap space that is the thing with Zubac. If you get a FRP and Zubac for Baynes - that is a no brainer.

But I think the Clippers will be using that FRP to get Mook Morris ( I got that idea from an ESPN article and it made a lot of sense, Harkless and FRP for Mook) - but if they don't and they attach is to Zubac, send it over!
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,503

Post#525 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:19 pm

BobbieL wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:I think the move I would make above all others would be Baynes and Okobo for Mudiay and Tony Bradley.

Bradley has replaced Davis with minutes. Not sure he is going anywhere. Unless you have news that might be different

I do think Baynes would fit with the Jazz. They are running third

The Clippers FRP is still in play I do believe - so Baynes for a late FRP - is that worth Zubac?

Reading on ESPN - somebody suggested Mook MOrris for Harkless and the FRP - thats a pretty good deal for the Clippers if they get MOrris. One of the Laker teams will get Morris.

EDIT: one of the LA teams will get Morris is my guess.

As mentioned, A few options for Baynes inclusive trades that would afford us some additional quality bench pieces and possibly additional draft picks.

1- Phoenix/Clippers/Orlando:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278660
**Phoenix also gets Orlando's 2020 first. Slated around the early 20s'.

2- Phoenix/Brooklyn/Philadelphia:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278650 .
- *** Phoenix also gets Phillys' 2020 2nd round picks: # 32 ( from the Hawks), and #33 ( from the Knicks).
- Pick 32. We can take either PG/SG Aaron Nesmith (Michael Redd) or SG/SF Devin Vassell ( Better shooting Danny Green).

- Pick 33. We take Killian Tillie ( Gonzaga). He's 6'10 and is a much faster, more athletic version of Saric. ** But on an unguaranteed rookie contract.

3- Phoenix/Chicago/Houston:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278676 .
Phoenix also gets Houston's 2020 first slated to be around in the 20s'. Houston gets a high level small forward to become stronger now. Chicago gets a ton of cap space, and a quality veteran 2 guard to play next to Lavine in Gordon.

4- Phoenix/Chicago/Orlando:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278699 .
*** Orlando gets a boost in scoring at small forward, As well as additional scoring at the 4 in Saric, Without having to give up Gordon. They compete now, for a mid first round pick.

5- Phoenix/ Boston/ Detroit:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278707 .
Phoenix Also gets Boston's own 2020 pick, Currently slated in the early 20s'.

** This trade gives Boston An All star level center to bolster their frontcourt to compete now. And saves an additional ( 7-12 million in 2020) from the additional outgoing players. Detroit gets an all star caliber guard/ forward ( Hayward) for a player in (Drummond) that they were likely to lose anyways, As well as a solid replacement backup center in Baynes, And a solid backup 4 in Saric, Both who are expiring. Which will give Detroittons of cap space.

And Phoenix gets a backup guard in Reggie Jackson (expiring), a sharpshooting backup shooting guard in Kennard, a backup defensive 4/5 in Theiss, a young rookie microwave scoring guard with solid potential in Edwards ( **who isn't really seeing much playing time) and a mid to late 2020 first round pick as an asset. Phoenixs' bench is now loaded with scoring and some defense too.

Last trade consideration is-
6-
Phoenix/Utah:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278732 .
Phoenix also gets Utah's 2020 first round pick. ( slated to be around # 26). Which we could use on Paul Reed or Jalen McDaniels IF we use our lottery pick on a guard? Haliburton or Hayes, or Anythony?
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#526 » by bwoolf2 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:21 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
Bradley has replaced Davis with minutes. Not sure he is going anywhere. Unless you have news that might be different

I do think Baynes would fit with the Jazz. They are running third

The Clippers FRP is still in play I do believe - so Baynes for a late FRP - is that worth Zubac?

Reading on ESPN - somebody suggested Mook MOrris for Harkless and the FRP - thats a pretty good deal for the Clippers if they get MOrris. One of the Laker teams will get Morris.

EDIT: one of the LA teams will get Morris is my guess.

Was reading a CBS article the other day that said they would make him available for Baynes.

That's a way better trade than Zubac or anything the Clips will give us, you haven't been paying attention. Actually watch some Utah games
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#527 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:14 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,159

Post#528 » by starbosa10 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:40 am

Ayton suspension pretty frustrating atm looking at the standings. Easily could've picked up 3-5 more wins at least with him in the lineup for those games
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,495

Post#529 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:32 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

If they throw in a first yeah, I'd do it, but otherwise I'd rather have the cap space. Even though we will need a backup big if Baynes moves on, I still think we have bigger needs at our future 4 and future and possibly current backup 1. You could even say backup SG.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#530 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:32 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Green font?
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#531 » by BobbieL » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:37 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

If they throw in a first yeah, I'd do it, but otherwise I'd rather have the cap space. Even though we will need a backup big if Baynes moves on, I still think we have bigger needs at our future 4 and future and possibly current backup 1. You could even say backup SG.

I think 4, backup 2 are priorities. That means I am counting on Jerome
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#532 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:38 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Green font?

Oh yeah, My bad.....Sorry man.... :oops: :tooth
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#533 » by Kerrsed » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:04 am

Read on Twitter
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#534 » by BobbieL » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:20 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tweet deleted - what did it say?

I kind of think Jones makes a trade. Playoff push for many teams. I think - if healthy- Baynes to a WC team.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#535 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

Yeah, I agree man on your point about multiple needs, That's why even though I really like Baynes, I'd look to move him to a team for an extra pick. Whether it be a mid to late first, Or an early 2nd.

I wish we could hold onto Baynes and just find a hardcapped team to take on Johnson's expiring to help them out. But there's obvious complications with most of those teams. For instance.........

-Brooklyn- Doesn't have enough matching salary outside of their core players to really send back.

- Golden state- doesn't really seem to either.

- Boston- Pretty much the same story.

- Clippers- No matching salary that aren't key rotation players. So all in all, it makes it fairly tough to really find a good match without getting creative with a 3rd team. So IF we were to look to a Suns/ Clippers ( Baynes) trade, Maybe the only 3 -4 teams that might have interest in taking Zubac back?

1- Phoenix/ Clippers/ Chicago:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278816 . Phoenix also gets a Clippers 2020 first.

2- Phoenix/ Clippers/ Detroit/ Atlanta:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278826 . Detroit gets a first from Atlanta *( nets). And Phoenix gets a 2020 mid to late first from Clippers.

3- Phoenix/ Chicago/ Houston:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278832 . Phoenix also gets a Houston 2020 first. ( slated around #20). And a 2021 lottery protected first from Chicago.

4- Phoenix/ Sacramento/ Houston:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278854 . ***Phoenix also gets Sacramentos' two 2nd round picks. ( Projected around # 38 and #39). We then can take Toppin with our lottery pick, and then use #38 for Aaron Nesmith or Devin Vassell.
And # 39 for Austin Wiley.

5- Phoenix/ Brooklyn/ Philadelphia:
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7278865 . Phoenix also gets two early 2nds in 2020***( # 32, #33). *** And Brooklyn's 2020 first. **( slated to be around # 22).
*** My favorite choice for a trade wherein we get draft picks coming back. So post trade, We could walk into the 2020 draft with a potential high lottery pick:

**Phoenix- Haliburton.
#22 from the Nets. Jalen McDaniels.
#32( 76ers'). Use for PG/SG Aaron Nesmith.
#33( 76ers'). Use for SG/ SF Devin Vassell. And then build up their value in the G-league. Later, Use them in a package for a big name star player. :wink:
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,894

Post#536 » by TeamTragic » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:53 am

BobbieL wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

I kind of think Jones makes a trade. Playoff push for many teams. I think - if healthy- Baynes to a WC team.

What did the tweet say Kerrsed?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#537 » by Kerrsed » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:23 am

GoranTragic wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

What did the tweet say Kerrsed?

It was just a video of Payton pulling some punk s**t on Crowder tonight.

Read on Twitter

1st class organization they are.

Read on Twitter
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,642

Post#538 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:41 am

Pretty low of Crowder to shoot that 3 too.

That being said, Knicks with a b*tch move turning off the hot water on the visiting team.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#539 » by Kerrsed » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:43 am

YIKES! Welcome to another episode of "S** you dont say in 2020".

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#540 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:45 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Pretty low of Crowder to shoot that 3 too.

That being said, Knicks with a b*itch move turning off the hot water on the visiting team.

Never seen that language filter avoidance. With the asterick, and still the whole word.

Return to Phoenix Suns