ImageImageImage

Game 46: Phoenix Suns (19-26) @ Memphis Grizzlies (21-24)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,792

Re: Game 46: Phoenix Suns (19-26) @ Memphis Grizzlies (21-24) 

Post#341 » by BobbieL » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:you can't rely Kelly to make the right decision.

I don't know why they'd want to put the ball in his hands at the end of a game. It really makes no sense. I mean he's obviously not a high IQ player. I love his personality, energy, fearlessness, clutchness, etc, and I'd only throw it to him at the end if he's wide open for a 3. Not with the whole shot clock where you have time to get a good shot.

We had 15 seconds to find a good open shot. He is the last guy you want to have the ball with that much time because regardless of the # of defenders around, he is unlikely to move the ball.

Very very frustrating finish.

Also his play with 50 seconds taking it to basket and eventually ball to Memphis. I really wanted Book on a pull up three . I like how hard Oubre plays but damn - he plays emotional
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,567

Post#342 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
No, it was to Booker. He was open but one of the Memphis defenders saw it and suns had to go to plan B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The truth is that Booker was open for a second, but he didn't get the ball.

Blame Bridges then. This board doesn’t do that though.

It definitely should have gone to Booker. He was open, but the defender may have moved off him after Bridges turned. For some reason I was thinking Rubio was inbounding it, but that doesn't make sense I guess.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,127

Post#343 » by handsome salary » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:52 am

timetoshinebaby wrote:The best thing for this squad is to just miss the playoffs. Not sure getting hammered by the Lakers in the first round is good.

If we manage to end up in the lottery, it gives us more ammunition in the draft and you never know balls could fall our way.

I think people will notice the improvement and we are growing all the time. Inconsistent but growing. A free agent, a trade and a pick and we should be able to move from 9th or 10th in the west into the playoffs next season.

They have achieved a lot but we just need a little more coupled with development and we should be a genuine show.

**** that. The last thing this organization is another year of bottom feeding. Players of Aytons draft and after are going to see the playoffs before him and now 6th year vet Booker and 4th year vet Oubre. SAD!
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,690

Post#344 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:53 am

Maze wrote:The refs allowed that Anderson guy to get away with a bunch of reach in fouls all game.There was a play where it looked like he tried to intentionally foul Rubio on the fastbreak.Swiped down on his shoulder, but the refs swallowed their whistles.It was in the same play/sequence as the Oubre out of bounds challenge.....But it's whatever.We're bottom feeders.No respect coming the Suns way.Maybe we'll turn it around in another 10-20 yrs

Let's not be sore losers and blame the refs now, esp when we had a 35-26 FTA advantage and it was our dumb plays that cost us the game
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#345 » by BobbieL » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:54 am

starbosa10 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Keith_myath wrote:Stupid from Oubre

I just really don't understand at all why he cannot see those are not good plays. Too much on the line right now.

Was a dumb decision. Still got fouled though

They get a big steal, Oubre does hero ball instead of passing back to Booker for a pull up damn three and a damn turnover
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,547

Post#346 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:54 am

handsome salary wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:The truth is that Booker was open for a second, but he didn't get the ball.

I"ll blame Oubre. He's touted as and paid for being the 3rd piece on a winning team but when it really counts he's going to screw the pooch time and time again.

Ayton was also a complete zero. Nice to see all these other players in his draft and later do so much more.

I don’t want to make an excuse for Oubre but it’s not easy to pass out in the corner. He should have NEVER been put in that position. Mikal saw Morant react to an open Booker and Mikal passed to Oubre.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#347 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:54 am

BobbieL wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:you can't rely Kelly to make the right decision.

I don't know why they'd want to put the ball in his hands at the end of a game. It really makes no sense. I mean he's obviously not a high IQ player. I love his personality, energy, fearlessness, clutchness, etc, and I'd only throw it to him at the end if he's wide open for a 3. Not with the whole shot clock where you have time to get a good shot.

We had 15 seconds to find a good open shot. He is the last guy you want to have the ball with that much time because regardless of the # of defenders around, he is unlikely to move the ball.

Also his play with 50 seconds taking it to basket and eventually ball to Memphis. I really wanted Book on a pull up three . I like how hard Oubre plays but damn - he plays emotional

I know....I just posted "WHY?????" after that....just two plays in the last minute that were unnecessary. We could have gotten WAY better shots on both times but he was forcing things early in the shot clock. This was one of the MOST frustrating losses to me because it was so careless at the end when we were getting steals and opportunities but then just make boneheaded plays.

I don't mind if guys miss good, open shots, but dumb plays like those are killers. Booker should have touched the ball on both of those possessions.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,677

Post#348 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:56 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
No, it was to Booker. He was open but one of the Memphis defenders saw it and suns had to go to plan B

The truth is that Booker was open for a second, but he didn't get the ball.

Oh plenty of blame to go around. Bridges missed that rotation, but probably bad communication by others involved on that play too.

Ricky missed a FT

I hated that time out after the Ja FT make, not sure it would have mattered but you should keep that last TO in case you need to challenge or if you make a 2 and need to foul and play for another possession. Just too much time left to burn it there.

Kelly forced one and got caught with the charge.

The close losses are a team issue and hopefully something they grow out of.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#349 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:57 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
handsome salary wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:

I"ll blame Oubre. He's touted as and paid for being the 3rd piece on a winning team but when it really counts he's going to screw the pooch time and time again.

Ayton was also a complete zero. Nice to see all these other players in his draft and later do so much more.

I don’t want to make an excuse for Oubre but it’s not easy to pass out in the corner. He should have NEVER been put in that position. Mikal saw Morant react to an open Booker and Mikal passed to Oubre.

I do agree he was in a bad spot to pass out. I can't recall if there was someone in front of him and if he could have drove and kicked, not that he would have. That probably should have been a decoy in the corner though...no one should have passed it there because you can't get trapped there and will have limited options if you are swarmed with defenders. It's not like there were 2 seconds left.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#350 » by BobbieL » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:58 am

bwgood77 wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I know....I just posted "WHY?????" after that....just two plays in the last minute that were unnecessary. We could have gotten WAY better shots on both times but he was forcing things early in the shot clock. This was one of the MOST frustrating losses to me because it was so careless at the end when we were getting steals and opportunities but then just make boneheaded plays.

I don't mind if guys miss good, open shots, but dumb plays like those are killers. Booker should have touched the ball on both of those possessions.

Really missing Baynes Kam and Cam. On a team with little bench, tough to miss those guys. Tyler is just a non dam factor
handsome salary
Rookie

Post#351 » by handsome salary » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:59 am

bwgood77 wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

This is why I laughed when others posted earlier in the season Oubre is now waiting for the Brinks truck after a couple of games. The goddamn Wizards let him go. WTF does that say.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#352 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:59 am

handsome salary wrote:
timetoshinebaby wrote:The best thing for this squad is to just miss the playoffs. Not sure getting hammered by the Lakers in the first round is good.

If we manage to end up in the lottery, it gives us more ammunition in the draft and you never know balls could fall our way.

I think people will notice the improvement and we are growing all the time. Inconsistent but growing. A free agent, a trade and a pick and we should be able to move from 9th or 10th in the west into the playoffs next season.

They have achieved a lot but we just need a little more coupled with development and we should be a genuine show.

**** that. The last thing this organization is another year of bottom feeding. Players of Aytons draft and after are going to see the playoffs before him and now 6th year vet Booker and 4th year vet Oubre. SAD!

Oubre is same year as Book, both 5th year vets...and Oubre has been in the playoffs.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#353 » by SuperSunsFan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:59 am

only watched the last minutes, did Ayton have an at least passable game?
handsome salary
Rookie

Post#354 » by handsome salary » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:00 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
handsome salary wrote:

I do agree he was in a bad spot to pass out. I can't recall if there was someone in front of him and if he could have drove and kicked, not that he would have. That probably should have been a decoy in the corner though...no one should have passed it there because you can't get trapped there and will have limited options if you are swarmed with defenders. It's not like there were 2 seconds left.

So a guy drafted in 2015 still can't figure it out. Great for the Suns.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#355 » by SuperSunsFan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:02 am

handsome salary wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:

So a guy drafted in 2015 still can't figure it out. Great for the Suns.

the guy who passed to him was at fault, Booker got himself open a split second after the ball was passed.
handsome salary
Rookie

Post#356 » by handsome salary » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:03 am

bwgood77 wrote:
handsome salary wrote:

Oubre is same year as Book, both 5th year vets...and Oubre has been in the playoffs.

My mistake then. Get rid of Booker and build around playoffs vet Oubre.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,802

Post#357 » by Qwigglez » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:03 am

Oubre isn’t the problem. The problem is he’s been our second leading scorer this season and he shouldn’t be. He should be fourth, but he’s stepped up his game and we simply don’t have other reliable options. Ayton needs to start dominating, and we need another go to guy. Oubre would look a lot better at that point.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#358 » by Blonde » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:05 am

Realistically, we will never reach the playoffs in the western conference through organic growth. You’ve got all the playoff mainstays, then Golden State will be back next year, the Pelicans have Zion/Ingram/Jrue and a good GM, Memphis has young talent at every position, Minny still has KAT. How do we break in? We missed our chance at a franchise changing superstar and those come around once every decade or less. It’s impossible to be optimistic about our future.
handsome salary
Rookie

Post#359 » by handsome salary » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:05 am

I'm just sick of watching yet again losing basketball. Oubre is not the only fault. This entire organization is suck top to bottom of building success.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#360 » by BobbieL » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:16 am

Blonde wrote:Realistically, we will never reach the playoffs in the western conference through organic growth. You’ve got all the playoff mainstays, then Golden State will be back next year, the Pelicans have Zion/Ingram/Jrue and a good GM, Memphis has young talent at every position, Minny still has KAT. How do we break in? We missed our chance at a franchise changing superstar and those come around once every decade or less. It’s impossible to be optimistic about our future.

This! You can’t miss on Bender Jackson and Chriss. Inthe NBA, if one of those guys , just one, had been good, all the difference in the world. But just wasted. Add in the bad free agents
Hard to overcome

Return to Phoenix Suns