ImageImageImage

Game 46: Phoenix Suns (19-26) @ Memphis Grizzlies (21-24)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Re: Game 46: Phoenix Suns (19-26) @ Memphis Grizzlies (21-24) 

Post#361 » by Revived » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:44 am

Read on Twitter

Based on his rotations, it was obvious that Monty had no interest in coaching tonight either.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#362 » by Jdiddy701 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:46 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Based on his rotations, it was obvious that Monty had no interest in coaching tonight either.

Rotations? Who in the hell do you expect Monty to play? Getting sick and tired of the complaining on Monty when we have had a depleted team all season (even with a healthy roster, it’s still not enough). I’m going to step away from this board. I’ll be back when the Suns make a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#363 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:52 am

LV-Suns wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
LV-Suns wrote:Thats what we drew up with 18 seconds left in the game?

No, it was to Booker. He was open but one of the Memphis defenders saw it and suns had to go to plan B

But what was Oubre doing there? He couldn't have been defended any better. Oubre is low basketball IQ, no team should expect themselves to be taken seriously with him getting serious minutes. Monty unfortunately doesn't have the ability to reel him in, he is a below average coach. I just don't see this team getting out of this in the near future. :banghead:

I was thinking today is Monty not high IQ? Because exactly...why do you empower such a low IQ player? I know we have a lot of tentative players, but he either needs to coach some of that stuff out of him or utilize it only in certain situations.

I just really want this team to win, and I just don't think you can do it relying too much on Oubre...at least to have the ball in his hands to make any decisions. He should not bring the ball up ever and should be a last second outlet.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#364 » by Puff » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:56 am

I see everyone is blaming, Oubre, or Saric, or Ayton or James Jones.

All of those guys deserve blame. However my biggest concern is Ricky Rubio. His heart and head just seem to be somewhere else for a while now.

Early in the year he rarely turned it over and was making shots while appearing to care. Recently he has been my biggest disappointment because I expect him to be the leader of this team and he just isn't.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#365 » by hollywood6964 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:04 am

Puff wrote:I see everyone is blaming, Oubre, or Saric, or Ayton or James Jones.

All of those guys deserve blame. However my biggest concern is Ricky Rubio. His heart and head just seem to be somewhere else for a while now.

Early in the year he rarely turned it over and was making shots while appearing to care. Recently he has been my biggest disappointment because I expect him to be the leader of this team and he just isn't.

He has his good games. But his biggest problem is he isn't clutch at all. And with a bad coach like Monty, and Rubio being the coach on the court, it's not a wonder why we've lost almost all of our close games.
Maze
Bench Warmer
And1: 960

Post#366 » by Maze » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:05 am

Just a few days ago,he was lamenting about almost being signed by the Pacers.Has looked disillusioned lately.Realizing he's stuck on a sh*tty team for another yr
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#367 » by BobbieL » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:07 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rotations? Who in the hell do you expect Monty to play? Getting sick and tired of the complaining on Monty when we have had a depleted team all season (even with a healthy roster, it’s still not enough). I’m going to step away from this board. I’ll be back when the Suns make a trade.

I agree about the lack of players. The team always had a small margin of error. But you take Baynes Kaminsky and Cam out and realize Tyler is doing nothing, that’s like 7-10 onthe depth chart at beginning of year.

Rubio was bad tonight but look at the roster with what we thought. The effort was there tonight. I just wish Oubre were a little smarter but I respect his energy. He does play hard and I think cares.
handsome salary
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,120

Post#368 » by handsome salary » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:10 am

Blonde wrote:Realistically, we will never reach the playoffs in the western conference through organic growth. You’ve got all the playoff mainstays, then Golden State will be back next year, the Pelicans have Zion/Ingram/Jrue and a good GM, Memphis has young talent at every position, Minny still has KAT. How do we break in? We missed our chance at a franchise changing superstar and those come around once every decade or less. It’s impossible to be optimistic about our future.

Name me one other Western conference fanbase that would trade their FO/coaching/players for the Suns lot. That's how bad this organization is still (after getting the #1 pick in what is looking like a historic draft and dropping in another).

Jones sits on his hands after whiffing on draft picks and signings/trades while the team is teasingly withing an ever distancing shot of the playoffs. Rubio is as good or better than maybe half the starting point guards but that's been the only improvement from the past two years. . Depth sucks in every position, coaching is mediocre, power forwards are among the league worst and rookies/number one pick are eclipsed by others in their draft class. The only mantra is 'lets not be the absolute worst like the previous 4 years'.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#369 » by Jstock12 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:16 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think NBA was right not to cancel the games. Kobe was one of the greatest COMPETITORS in the history of the league. The best way to celebrate his legacy is to let the players COMPETE.

Lillard was a close friend of Kobe, but is currently going off against the Pacers.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#370 » by bwoolf2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:22 am

hollywood6964 wrote:

He has his good games. But his biggest problem is he isn't clutch at all. And with a bad coach like Monty, and Rubio being the coach on the court, it's not a wonder why we've lost almost all of our close games.

Stop with this bad coach crap this team has already won as many games as last year, has dealt with suspension, a ton of key injuries, and a below average roster. You can criticise decisions but to call him a bad coach is just plain stupid.
Sal85012
Sophomore
And1: 168

Post#371 » by Sal85012 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:23 am

Rubio has been absolute trash for about a month now. Saric struggles big time against athletic teams and we have no bench. Need more roster moves.

Ty Jerome showed he can play some backup minutes. Also, Kelly really doesn’t pass I noticed for the first time tonight but he had an ok game
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant

Post#372 » by bwoolf2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:25 am

handsome salary wrote:
Blonde wrote:Realistically, we will never reach the playoffs in the western conference through organic growth. You’ve got all the playoff mainstays, then Golden State will be back next year, the Pelicans have Zion/Ingram/Jrue and a good GM, Memphis has young talent at every position, Minny still has KAT. How do we break in? We missed our chance at a franchise changing superstar and those come around once every decade or less. It’s impossible to be optimistic about our future.

Name me one other Western conference fanbase that would trade their FO/coaching/players for the Suns lot. That's how bad this organization is still (after getting the #1 pick in what is looking like a historic draft and dropping in another).

Jones sits on his hands after whiffing on draft picks and signings/trades while the team is teasingly withing an ever distancing shot of the playoffs. Rubio is as good or better than maybe half the starting point guards but that's been the only improvement from the past two years. . Depth sucks in every position, coaching is mediocre, power forwards are among the league worst and rookies/number one pick are eclipsed by others in their draft class. The only mantra is 'lets not be the absolute worst like the previous 4 years'.

This has to be the whiniest board in the league, did you think they were going to turn around a decade of ineptitude in a single year... SMDH
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#373 » by hollywood6964 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:31 am

bwoolf2 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:

Stop with this bad coach crap this team has already won as many games as last year, has dealt with suspension, a ton of key injuries, and a below average roster. You can criticise decisions but to call him a bad coach is just plain stupid.

Oh stop lashing out again like a little whiny kid. It's my opinion, and every game I have not seen anything that would change it. If I do, you'll be the very first to know.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#374 » by TeamTragic » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:49 am

- Saric has been pretty bad. However I like his defensive presence.
- Ayton had a great game. You cannot blame him for terrible rotations.
- OUBRE NEEDS TO COME OFF THE BENCH
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,465

Post#375 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:55 am

GoranTragic wrote:- Saric has been pretty bad. However I like his defensive presence.
- Ayton had a great game. You cannot blame him for terrible rotations.
- OUBRE NEEDS TO COME OFF THE BENCH

Although Aytons numbers looked nice 17/15/3/2/2 he did shoot poorly 7/19 for 36%.

Saric and Rubio were a blackhole on offense. 1/10 and 0/4 shooting. We are lucky to only lose by 5 and not 15+.

Somebody stated early that Oubre isnt clutch and I agree with them. He can score 20-30 but if he provides nothing when game on the line why play him in the clutch. I think he only had one clutch shot against the spurs maybe another if I am forgetting but Booker needs help down the stretch.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant

Post#376 » by bwoolf2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 am

O
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#377 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:07 am

Maze wrote:

Just a few days ago,he was lamenting about almost being signed by the Pacers.Has looked disillusioned lately.Realizing he's stuck on a sh*tty team for another yr

No, he said he felt like everything happened for a reason and he felt he was in the right place. They actually still wanted to sign him after the Brogdon trade but he felt more comfortable after we came to him with an offer.

Pretty sure I posted the content of that article in his thread.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#378 » by Revived » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:08 am

bwoolf2 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:

Is being better than last year the standard for success?

Reminds me of how people said McDonough was amazing because he was better than Lance Blanks.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#379 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:10 am

Jstock12 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think NBA was right not to cancel the games. Kobe was one of the greatest COMPETITORS in the history of the league. The best way to celebrate his legacy is to let the players COMPETE.

Lillard was a close friend of Kobe, but is currently going off against the Pacers.

Trae was a big fan of Kobe, and had some interactions or mentoring from him as well and had a huge game. Booker had a pretty big game too.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant

Post#380 » by bwoolf2 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:11 am

bwoolf2 wrote:
hollywood6964 wrote:
bwoolf2 wrote:

Oh stop lashing out again like a little whiny kid. It's my opinion, and every game I have not seen anything that would change it. If I do, you'll be the very first to know.

where in my post was I whining? it was in response to you whining but You let me know Hollywood I'll be waiting...

Return to Phoenix Suns