ImageImageImage

Devin Booker not named an All-Star, no wait, HE IS!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Re: Devin Booker not named an All-Star, no wait, HE IS! 

Post#161 » by King4Day » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:10 pm

This is what the jersey looks like. You can no longer view the page (probably sold out), but the Booker AS jersey is so disappointing:

https://shop.suns.com/collections/jerseys/products/nba-phoenix-suns-devin-booker-nike-2020-all-star-jersey-blue

It's basically this, but with Bookers name and number: https://lakersstore.com/collections/nba-all-star-2020-jerseys/products/pre-order-nba-all-star-2020-lebron-james-swingman-jersey-blue

I loved the Charlotte AS jerseys since they contained the team logo for the player. So disappointed they are this bland.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
wordsenuff
Pro Prospect
And1: 355

Post#162 » by wordsenuff » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:32 pm

Checked twice this morning waiting for a release of books all star jersey to purchase, nothing up... I check 15 minutes ago and the jersey is sold out. Wtf, everyone else’s all star jersey just sitting. Need a restock ASAP.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,816

Post#163 » by Saberestar » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#164 » by RiRuHoops » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:59 pm

sunskerr wrote:Glad he is an all star now. If he works on his defense he could approach super star status starting next year

Pass me your koolaid.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#165 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:41 am

wordsenuff wrote:Checked twice this morning waiting for a release of books all star jersey to purchase, nothing up... I check 15 minutes ago and the jersey is sold out. Wtf, everyone else’s all star jersey just sitting. Need a restock ASAP.

Devin Booker is a marketing gold mine. The league just has not figured it out yet. He has the charisma.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Post#166 » by sunsbum » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:48 am

RiRuSuns wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Glad he is an all star now. If he works on his defense he could approach super star status starting next year

Pass me your koolaid.

Here's some koolaid, the only reason he isn't considered one is because he plays on the sun's. His career trajectory is already way past names like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and not far off the conversation as Vince Carter/Tmac. Just wait untill he starts shooting 40% from 3 on the season.
Flex is now your father.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Post#167 » by sunskerr » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:01 am

sunsbum wrote:
RiRuSuns wrote:

Pass me your koolaid.

Here's some koolaid, the only reason he isn't considered one is because he plays on the sun's. His career trajectory is already way past names like Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and not far off the conversation as Vince Carter/Tmac. Just wait untill he starts shooting 40% from 3 on the season.

There's no koolaid in insisting he'd approach (key word: approach) superstar status by keeping his averages and efficiency from this year, and becoming a neutral defender.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#168 » by Revived » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:49 am

Read on Twitter
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#169 » by Kerrsed » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:59 am

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,038

Post#170 » by sunsbg » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:39 am

Devin shows the untapped off-ball potential in those 3PT contests. There's no reason he's not a 40% 3PT shooter other than it's not a priority for him and the way the team runs the offense.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#171 » by Bogyo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:46 am

Not that I care all that much about these things, but in typical Suns fashion he loses out on the crown on the last shot by Hield...
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#172 » by suns12345 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:52 am

sunsbg wrote:Devin shows the untapped off-ball potential in those 3PT contests. There's no reason he's not a 40% 3PT shooter other than it's not a priority for him and the way the team runs the offense.

I think it shows how hard he gets worked by opposing defences. He gets as much attention on the perimeter as any guard in the league.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#173 » by Damkac » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:43 pm

Suns should try some of those GSW's plays with Booker playing off-ball like Curry. Not that easy to do without Warriors roster but maybe it can work at least decent.

I only planned to watch 3pt contest but ended watching all the contests and it was quite fun. But I'm totally not interested in the all-star game even with Booker in.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#174 » by Kerrsed » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:45 pm

Last night was............... interesting.

The skills competition sucks. A weave dribble, pass through the tire, layup, 3 point shot. That is straight amateur hour stuff that i did in a 7th grade local Parks & Rec youth basketball showcase. How the **** is it not more amped up and difficult for professionals? I guess the bounce pass was too difficult for pros so they ditched that. They seriously need to revamp the skills part because it isnt showing off anything that your normal YMCA guy can do.

The 3 Point Shootout was solid. Im probably one of the few that liked the addition of the MOUNTAIN DEW 3 Point Zones. It mixed things up a bit more and allowed guys to recoup some of their misses and added a bit of an extra element to the game. It also helped showcase real 3 point shooting. I wouldnt be opposed to them adding a 3rd zone, somewhere between the 3 point line and halfcourt that was like a 5 point shot. Also good to see Booker actually smiling and enjoying himself even in defeat. It seems like its been forever since ive seen Booker smile. When they did the splitscreen with Bookers reaction as Buddy was running through his last rack, that was great.

The Dunk contest has been garbage for quite a while now, but DAMN, that was easily the best one since the early 90's. Almost no "Props", most just featured awesome awesome dunks. Should have been a tie, but im not mad about the "Dunk off" that ensued after, as it brought us a few more dunks that wernt rehearsed and were created on the fly. Im not even mad at having a few celebs as judges (Something the General Board seemed to have a huge issue about), because everyone judges dunks, so why cant a celeb do it when every joe-blow on the fums does it? Glad they got rid of the ridiculous fan voting though. My biggest pet peeve about it was you cant have a judge that has a friendship with one of the contestants (Im looking at you WADE). Wade was Mr. Miami all night long, From Bam in the Skills comp, to Duncan Robinson in the Shootout, to DJJ in the Dunk contest, he didnt hide his bias. After everything was done, Common (Also a judge) said that the plan was for the panel to give the same score to Gordon as they did for DJJ on the final Dunk thus ending it in a tie, but someone screwed up. Only 2 judges were supposed to give Gordons "Taco Dunk" a 9, but 3 of them did, with one being Wade. Money says it was him who made the "Mistake" and ensure his former teammate the win. Just go back to former Dunk contest winners being the judges. Its that simple and you would see a lot less of them giving 10's, specially to mediocre dunks like the 1st round of last night.

All in all, it was a good night and a definite step up from years past. I for one am looking forward to watching the game tonight.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,154

Post#175 » by spanishninja » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:46 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Last night was............... interesting.

The skills competition sucks. A weave dribble, pass through the tire, layup, 3 point shot. That is straight amateur hour stuff that i did in a 7th grade local Parks & Rec youth basketball showcase. How the **** is it not more amped up and difficult for professionals? I guess the bounce pass was too difficult for pros so they ditched that. They seriously need to revamp the skills part because it isnt showing off anything that your normal YMCA guy can do.

The 3 Point Shootout was solid. Im probably one of the few that liked the addition of the MOUNTAIN DEW 3 Point Zones. It mixed things up a bit more and allowed guys to recoup some of their misses and added a bit of an extra element to the game. It also helped showcase real 3 point shooting. I wouldnt be opposed to them adding a 3rd zone, somewhere between the 3 point line and halfcourt that was like a 5 point shot. Also good to see Booker actually smiling and enjoying himself even in defeat. It seems like its been forever since ive seen Booker smile. When they did the splitscreen with Bookers reaction as Buddy was running through his last rack, that was great.

The Dunk contest has been garbage for quite a while now, but DAMN, that was easily the best one since the early 90's. Almost no "Props", most just featured awesome awesome dunks. Should have been a tie, but im not mad about the "Dunk off" that ensued after, as it brought us a few more dunks that wernt rehearsed and were created on the fly. Im not even mad at having a few celebs as judges (Something the General Board seemed to have a huge issue about), because everyone judges dunks, so why cant a celeb do it when every joe-blow on the fums does it? Glad they got rid of the ridiculous fan voting though. My biggest pet peeve about it was you cant have a judge that has a friendship with one of the contestants (Im looking at you WADE). Wade was Mr. Miami all night long, From Bam in the Skills comp, to Duncan Robinson in the Shootout, to DJJ in the Dunk contest, he didnt hide his bias. After everything was done, Common (Also a judge) said that the plan was for the panel to give the same score to Gordon as they did for DJJ on the final Dunk thus ending it in a tie, but someone screwed up. Only 2 judges were supposed to give Gordons "Taco Dunk" a 9, but 3 of them did, with one being Wade. Money says it was him who made the "Mistake" and ensure his former teammate the win. Just go back to former Dunk contest winners being the judges. Its that simple and you would see a lot less of them giving 10's, specially to mediocre dunks like the 1st round of last night.

All in all, it was a good night and a definite step up from years past. I for one am looking forward to watching the game tonight.

yeah accident my ass, D-Wade. The thing is though, it was announced way in advance who was gonna be in the contest. why would you still select Wade as a judge knowing him and Miami are so tight? You might as well have had Riley as a judge.
itlnsunsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 877

Post#176 » by itlnsunsfan » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Great 3 pt competition. Book performed fantastically. Hield was just a little bit better, but Book still took a W from this. It confirmed to the world he's one of the purest shooters in the league.

The dunk contest this year represents what I hate most about the NBA, terrible (and probably corrupt) officiating. It ruined what was perhaps the best dunk contest I've ever seen. Too often, questionable judgments affect the outcome of NBA competition
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#177 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:07 pm

3PT contest is my favourite event because 1. I love shooting, 2. I love great shooting technique 3. most importantly, there's no subjectivity.

I thought Book performed amazingly well but Hield just had that little extra that night so props to him.

Dunk contest was FUN but judging, as always, was a farce. Totally agree with Kerrsed about the homer judging. I thought DJJ did really well and all of his dunks were excellent but AG's last two dunks just had more wow factor. I would've been 100% down with dual winners in that comp but that whole judging fiasco in that last round was laughable.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#178 » by suns12345 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:32 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:3PT contest is my favourite event because 1. I love shooting, 2. I love great shooting technique 3. most importantly, there's no subjectivity.

I thought Book performed amazingly well but Hield just had that little extra that night so props to him.

Dunk contest was FUN but judging, as always, was a farce. Totally agree with Kerrsed about the homer judging. I thought DJJ did really well and all of his dunks were excellent but AG's last two dunks just had more wow factor. I would've been 100% down with dual winners in that comp but that whole judging fiasco in that last round was laughable.

As usual they get themselves into trouble by handing out 50's for everything (and 45+ for mediocre Dwight Howard dunks - he must be the most boring dunker to have appeared as many times as he has). Thats the reason AG was robbed both years because there was no reward for having the best dunk... The scoring system needs a rethink IMO
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#179 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:29 pm

suns12345 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:3PT contest is my favourite event because 1. I love shooting, 2. I love great shooting technique 3. most importantly, there's no subjectivity.

As usual they get themselves into trouble by handing out 50's for everything (and 45+ for mediocre Dwight Howard dunks - he must be the most boring dunker to have appeared as many times as he has). Thats the reason AG was robbed both years because there was no reward for having the best dunk... The scoring system needs a rethink IMO

100% agree

Dwight being in the dunk contest was a complete joke too. The older, less athletic version of Dwight comes back in 2020 to do what was a unique "dunk" from 12 years ago was neither entertaining nor unique at this point. Nor was his lame statue of liberty dunk.

Also there was TEN 50 point dunks in this contest.....that means there were TEN perfect dunks out of 16 dunks all night. More than half of them were perfect
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#180 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:54 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
suns12345 wrote:

100% agree

Dwight being in the dunk contest was a complete joke too. The older, less athletic version of Dwight comes back in 2020 to do what was a unique "dunk" from 12 years ago was neither entertaining nor unique at this point. Nor was his lame statue of liberty dunk.

Also there was TEN 50 point dunks in this contest.....that means there were TEN perfect dunks out of 16 dunks all night. More than half of them were perfect

The tie breaker at the end should have been cumulative points on all their dunks, in which Gordon was perfect at that time. I would have been ok with dual winners too but all of DJJ's dunks were somewhat the same until the last one, going between his legs for a hard slam. That Fultz/Gordon one was amazing.

Return to Phoenix Suns