ImageImageImage

Devin Booker not named an All-Star, no wait, HE IS!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,410

Re: Devin Booker not named an All-Star, no wait, HE IS! 

Post#201 » by Revived » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:39 am

That was a super fun game. But team Giannis at the end of the 4th QTR was dreadful to watch on offense in the half court.

Nurse was way too loyal to Siakam and Lowry. Both were garbage at the end and pretty disrespectful that they didn’t have Trae Young in the game at the end when was a voted in starter.

Would’ve been way better than having Lowry in the game.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Post#202 » by SuperSunsFan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:47 am

I prefer the old format with west vs east, this idea of players with the most fan votes get to draft his team and have the teams named after is stupid. Team lebron? give me a break, would you like the idea of calling team USA team trump instead? ridiculous.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,455

Post#203 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 am

Revived wrote:That was a super fun game. But team Giannis at the end of the 4th QTR was dreadful to watch on offense in the half court.

Nurse was way too loyal to Siakam and Lowry. Both were garbage at the end and pretty disrespectful that they didn’t have Trae Young in the game at the end when was a voted in starter.

I think it was better to have Lowry in there for the D. Same with Chris Paul instead of Luka on the west.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,763

Post#204 » by matt131 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:03 am

Great 4th quarter, but they need to make it 100% like pick up and get rid of free throws for the fourth. Would be way more fun to have the final shot be a field goal and not a free throw
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#205 » by Kerrsed » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:13 am

Great game. Really renewed my faith in the All-star game and that it can be salvaged.

So sweet that Team Lebron won it off of a Lowery foul. Im sorry, but he was flopping all over the place tonight. Even the charge that he did get to go his way was a bit bogus as his left foot wasnt set and still sliding, but the ref's gave it to him because of his 3 previously failed attempts. 4th quarter was INTENSE! Loved it. Im lost on the player minutes count though, it says Booker had 19 minutes.....and somehow so did Lebron, but yet that 4th quarter went on forever and Lebron played the entire thing, so i dont know if they even kept track of the minutes in the 4th. Wish Booker had a better showing so everyone could see what we see night in and night out, but i guess the limited time and ball possession comes with being an injury replacement player.

I think a few more tweaks and they can get the entire game to be like the 4th quarter. And since there is no more Team East vs Team West (Even though it was pretty damn close this game), they need to just have the all-star rosters open to the best players regardless of conference.....and dare i say position too.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#206 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:04 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:I prefer the old format with west vs east, this idea of players with the most fan votes get to draft his team and have the teams named after is stupid. Team lebron? give me a break, would you like the idea of calling team USA team trump instead? ridiculous.

Why is it stupid? At least now, it doesn't matter if there's a talent disparity between East and West conference. The names are a bit whatever.

It's like arguing for the current playoff West/East format when it really should be top 16 teams go to playoffs regardless of conference. If you want the best teams/players in the playoffs/allstars, then you should get rid of conferences completely.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#207 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:08 am

Revived wrote:That was a super fun game. But team Giannis at the end of the 4th QTR was dreadful to watch on offense in the half court.

I thought Giannis' drafting was terrible, again. He wasn't drafting to win but to prove a point about Team Africa's emergence.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#208 » by sunskerr » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:14 am

I don't care about the team names. It's irrelevant.

As far as conferences go, they might as well eliminate that in the voting system altogether now that guys from either conference are playing on both teams.

They should also eliminate positions in terms of voting and selection. No one will care if a team is 4 guards 1 forward or 5 forwards. Just get the best guys out there. Right now it's 2 guards 3 front court players, which means more front court guys get in, making being selected as a guard much tougher.

They just need to keep building off this year's game and try to make the entire game competitive. It was a lot more watchable this year than years past.
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#209 » by SuperSunsFan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:I prefer the old format with west vs east, this idea of players with the most fan votes get to draft his team and have the teams named after is stupid. Team lebron? give me a break, would you like the idea of calling team USA team trump instead? ridiculous.

Why is it stupid? At least now, it doesn't matter if there's a talent disparity between East and West conference. The names are a bit whatever.

It's like arguing for the current playoff West/East format when it really should be top 16 teams go to playoffs regardless of conference. If you want the best teams/players in the playoffs/allstars, then you should get rid of conferences completely.

because naming a team after an individual person is stupid and contradicts everything there is about the concept team. call it something else, team red cross vs team salvation army whatever just give the teams a proper team name. would you be okay to abolish team names and name all teams after their respective owners? how about Phoenix Sarver vs New York Dolan? its stupid for suns fans to complain about the league's star making system where the the stars the league wants to build up get all the calls while supporting this narcissist ASG team naming system that is the product of the same notorious star building system.
IzzyT
Junior
And1: 427

Post#210 » by IzzyT » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:43 am

Bro, are you really whinging about the team names after the best All-Star game in decades?
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#211 » by SuperSunsFan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 am

IzzyT wrote:Bro, are you really whinging about the team names after the best All-Star game in decades?

funny, is the game good because of the names were changed to team lebron or in spite of it? correlation doesn't equal causation.

you can't call a game good when a 34 yo 6 foot chris paul can throw down an alley oop dunk unchallenged.

you are okay with it only because you have no beef with Lebron, imagine at the height of our rivalry with the lakers or the spurs that Nash, Marion or Amare had to play on team called team Kobe or team duncan or whatever would you have been okay with that, i wouldn't have.
IzzyT
Junior
And1: 427

Post#212 » by IzzyT » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:52 am

I think the names are a little silly too, but it seems like a weird thing to focus on when the 4th quarter we all just watched was extremely entertaining and high quality basketball (for an exhibition game).
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,455

Post#213 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:10 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

I thought Giannis' drafting was terrible, again. He wasn't drafting to win but to prove a point about Team Africa's emergence.

Me too, looking at the teams, but I also felt like LeBron had too many primary ball handlers, and Giannis had better defensive guys, with Embiid, Siakam, Giannis and Gobert. The west had mostly all primary ball handlers, like LeBron, Harden, Doncic, Simmons, Paul, etc. But at least most of those guys can shoot. It still ended up being a great game.

I never watch much of the east, but man, Ben Simmons is a beast on D, and so is Giannis. And watching Paul, it's amazing how much of a discrepancy there must be between his and Simmons' D and any other PG in the NBA, though Lowry and Ball are decent, and Jrue, if you consider him a PG.

Of course there are some others who don't start that are good, like Melton and Dunn (though maybe he starts sometimes).
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,464

Post#214 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:54 am

[tweet][/tweet]That 4th quarter was pretty intense hope they can duplicate it for next all star game. One intense quarter out of 4 is all I ask for and would be interested to watch again. I barely watched Satyrdays rising star, 3 point shootout & dunk contest just doesn't seem exciting the past 4-5 years. Booker was pretty close in winning but Buddy caught fire in the end to spoil Devin's chances. Dunk contest between Gordon and DJJ was amazing I just wish the right dunker won the judges were pretty terrible that's the 2nd time Gordon was robbed of a trophy.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#215 » by sunskerr » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:55 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

because naming a team after an individual person is stupid and contradicts everything there is about the concept team. call it something else, team red cross vs team salvation army whatever just give the teams a proper team name. would you be okay to abolish team names and name all teams after their respective owners? how about Phoenix Sarver vs New York Dolan? its stupid for suns fans to complain about the league's star making system where the the stars the league wants to build up get all the calls while supporting this narcissist ASG team naming system that is the product of the same notorious star building system.

It literally doesn't matter.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#216 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:43 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Is your only complaint just the name or the voting criteria (ie East/West)?
Revived
RealGM

Post#217 » by Revived » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:15 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I think it was better to have Lowry in there for the D. Same with Chris Paul instead of Luka on the west.

I disagree, I think the voted in starters should finish the game just like they start the game. Unless Luka and Trae both told Vogel they don’t wanna play which I highly doubt they did since their big competitors and due the stage. It’s not fair for coaches to play favorites and play their own guys over starters or bestfriends of their superstar player (Vogel).

Lowry was trash on offense. Even Siakam who’s normally a beast barely had any moves tonight.

Team Giannis desperately needed a scoring threat and they had that in their voted in starter, Trae Young.

Idk gotta give the Raptors depth all the credit for them being a great team this season for sure.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#218 » by Saberestar » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#219 » by Saberestar » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM

Post#220 » by Revived » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:21 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Me too, looking at the teams, but I also felt like LeBron had too many primary ball handlers, and Giannis had better defensive guys, with Embiid, Siakam, Giannis and Gobert. The west had mostly all primary ball handlers, like LeBron, Harden, Doncic, Simmons, Paul, etc. But at least most of those guys can shoot. It still ended up being a great game.

I never watch much of the east, but man, Ben Simmons is a beast on D, and so is Giannis. And watching Paul, it's amazing how much of a discrepancy there must be between his and Simmons' D and any other PG in the NBA, though Lowry and Ball are decent, and Jrue, if you consider him a PG.

Of course there are some others who don't start that are good, like Melton and Dunn (though maybe he starts sometimes).

Looking back do you think we should’ve just traded for Chris Paul instead of going the Rubio route? We could’ve traded Tyler Johnson (and the Ty Jerome pick if needed) for CP3 (after still doing the Indiana Warren trade which would’ve opened up the cap room).

I was against it back then but I wonder if having a guy like Chris Paul, albeit super overpaid and not durable, would’ve helped Book and Ayton develop their games more and also instilled some winning tendencies into the team.

It’s not secret that Harden went from being an awful defender to below average after CP3 got traded to Houston and gotta wonder if he could’ve done the same for Book.

CP3’s contract runs like another 3 years iirc which isn’t that horrific I guess when considering nobody is rushing to sign with the Suns anyway.

Return to Phoenix Suns