ImageImageImage

2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Would you prefer a regular season from Christmas to late June and playoffs late June to late August?

Yes, move season back
23
68%
No, leave as is
11
32%
 
Total votes: 34

User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Veteran
Posts: 2,676
And1: 793
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2281 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Also, New CBA changes to Contracts, SuperMax, other contractual provisions for 2021.

Eight proposed rule changes to make NBA salaries and free agency work


Read on Twitter
?s=19
Image
Blonde
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,548
And1: 2,060
Joined: Jun 16, 2014
Location: Phoenix
       

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2282 » by Blonde » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:36 pm

I’d put a lot of money on Frank being one of our Covid positive players
User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Veteran
Posts: 2,676
And1: 793
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2283 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Blonde wrote:I’d put a lot of money on Frank being one of our Covid positive players


https://arizonasports.com/story/2310230/suns-workouts-continue-after-report-positive-coronavirus-tests/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Known Suns who have attended workouts at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum include Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Frank Kaminsky III, Ty Jerome, Elie Okobo, Cheick Diallo, Dario Saric, Jalen Lecque and Jevon Carter. They have either posted social media images or been featured in videos of individual workouts at the team’s temporary home.

Jerome, Johnson, Lecque and Carter were working out at the Coliseum on Tuesday, according to their Instagram accounts.


Apparently the only players ( aside from Oubre) who were not mentioned as having worked out with the team are Booker and Ayton. Anyone have any news on either of them? :-? :dontknow:
Image
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 12,231
And1: 7,823
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2284 » by Saberestar » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:29 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Blonde wrote:I’d put a lot of money on Frank being one of our Covid positive players


https://arizonasports.com/story/2310230/suns-workouts-continue-after-report-positive-coronavirus-tests/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Known Suns who have attended workouts at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum include Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Frank Kaminsky III, Ty Jerome, Elie Okobo, Cheick Diallo, Dario Saric, Jalen Lecque and Jevon Carter. They have either posted social media images or been featured in videos of individual workouts at the team’s temporary home.

Jerome, Johnson, Lecque and Carter were working out at the Coliseum on Tuesday, according to their Instagram accounts.


Apparently the only players ( aside from Oubre) who were not mentioned as having worked out with the team are Booker and Ayton. Anyone have any news on either of them? :-? :dontknow:

This was posted a month ago.


And Booker talked about his training a while ago in this interview...

"I have a couple private gyms around the area that I've worked in just individually with me and my father, so I've still been in there," he said. "It's definitely different from going to a practice or doing a workout with the full team to just being in there with two people. It takes me back to high school days when I worked out in the gym, just me and my dad. It hasn't been like that for a while. It's actually been refreshing."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2889382-devin-booker-talks-nba-hiatus-home-workout-call-of-duty-more-in-br-exclusive.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Veteran
Posts: 2,676
And1: 793
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2285 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Blonde wrote:I’d put a lot of money on Frank being one of our Covid positive players


https://arizonasports.com/story/2310230/suns-workouts-continue-after-report-positive-coronavirus-tests/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Known Suns who have attended workouts at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum include Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Frank Kaminsky III, Ty Jerome, Elie Okobo, Cheick Diallo, Dario Saric, Jalen Lecque and Jevon Carter. They have either posted social media images or been featured in videos of individual workouts at the team’s temporary home.

Jerome, Johnson, Lecque and Carter were working out at the Coliseum on Tuesday, according to their Instagram accounts.


Apparently the only players ( aside from Oubre) who were not mentioned as having worked out with the team are Booker and Ayton. Anyone have any news on either of them? :-? :dontknow:

[spoiler]This was posted a month ago.
Image
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,266
And1: 2,065
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2286 » by Wilber85 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:21 pm

I have COVID 19 tests positive last night!

Wonder who the 2 suns are that has it?
User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Veteran
Posts: 2,676
And1: 793
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2287 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Any interest in pursuing any of these players on a two way exploratory contract, Considering that we aren't really competing much anyways?

There is not an additional roster opening due to Oubre’s absence, but Phoenix did already have one spot left to fill.

The Suns can carry two two-way contracts and up to 15 regular contracts into the resumed season for a total of a 17-man roster.


Remember, Phoenix released two-way point guard Jared Harper on March 12, just as coronavirus shut down the season. So because the team only has one two-way player, Tariq Owens, that means they can add another in addition to signing a player on an NBA minimum prorated deal, per ESPN’s Bobby Marks.


Without Oubre, wing and forward depth becomes more important. Any positive coronavirus tests — the Arizona Republic reported two players had tested positive at some point — would of course change needs.


Free agents

Allen Crabbe

The 28-year-old wing was released after struggling mightily with the Timberwolves and Hawks this season. He shot a lowly 30.3% from three-point range but is a career 38.7% sniper from deep. As it would be for any outside signing, it doesn’t make sense for Crabbe to see playing time over the likes of rookie Cam Johnson, but if an injury or illness struck Mikal Bridges, Booker or Johnson, then he’s the most NBA-caliber insurance option out there.

C.J. Miles

The 33-year-old veteran was waived by the Washington Wizards in December to have surgery on his left wrist. Being a lefty, that might be a red flag. Miles is a wing shooter who knocked down 36% of his threes for his career and is used to being a role player on winning organizations such as the Utah Jazz (2005-2012), Indiana Pacers (2014-17) and Toronto Raptors (2017-19).

DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell

Hat-tip to Pelton for pointing out this guy: Akoon-Purcell is a wiry, bouncy wing who can take it off the dribble or spot up in catch-and-shoot situations similarly to Oubre. He was a 49.3% shooting with 39.2% accuracy from three-point land for the Oklahoma City Blue this year and played in seven games on a two-way deal with the Denver Nuggets.

Jamal Crawford

Crawford certainly doesn’t fill a need as Phoenix enters the bubble, and his isolation style doesn’t fit coach Monty Williams’ 0.5 offense. But hey, we’re including him here because there’s familiarity between Crawford, Jones and several of his ex-Suns teammates. If Booker gets shut down because the team is out of the playoff running, Crawford could keep Phoenix a little more competitive. After all, Crawford scored 51 points in his last game with the Suns last April.

In-house two-way options

Aaron Epps

The most logical choice out of the Suns’ G League team in Prescott Valley, Epps knows the system and played often alongside fellow big man Owens. At 6-foot-10, he’s a stretch power forward with a quick trigger and 39.7% accuracy from range. Epps averaged 10.2 points and 6.5 rebounds per game as well.

Ahmed Hill

Hill signed a two-way deal with the Charlotte Hornets after going undrafted out of Virginia Tech last offseason but was waived in October. The 6-foot-5 wing led the Northern Arizona Suns with 1,042 minutes played this season and averaged 9.7 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game. Hill shot 42.9% from the field and 34.7% from three.

Trayvon Palmer

Palmer has the best plus-minus on the Northern Arizona Suns and was a regular starter alongside a frontcourt of Owens and Epps. A 6-foot-6 wing, Palmer shot 48.4% from the field and 38% from three. He averaged 8.6 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.


I really like the idea of taking a flier on either:

DeVaughn Akoon Purcell-
https://gleague.nba.com/player/devaughn-akoon-purcell/



Or

Trayvon Palmer-
https://gleague.nba.com/player/trayvon-palmer/



Other teams have identified hidden talents from the G league, Perhaps one of these two players could be that for us at the backup 2 guard or combo guard? :D

And Aaron Epps
https://gleague.nba.com/player/aaron-epps/

He'd be a great alternative option to Saric and Kaminsky IF needed, Should we renounce them for more cap space in free agency. I really like that he's actually athletic and can block shots. :nod:
Image
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 13,940
And1: 9,407
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2288 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:41 pm

Wilber85 wrote:I have COVID 19 tests positive last night!

Wonder who the 2 suns are that has it?
Hope you're feeling alright. How long did it take to get results? I'm getting a precautionary test on Thursday at a CVS because I'm driving to the Midwest to visit family next week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,266
And1: 2,065
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2289 » by Wilber85 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:48 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:I have COVID 19 tests positive last night!

Wonder who the 2 suns are that has it?
Hope you're feeling alright. How long did it take to get results? I'm getting a precautionary test on Thursday at a CVS because I'm driving to the Midwest to visit family next week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app


The bad thing about CVS minute clinic is it takes 2-5 business days. I got mine last Wednesday morning 10 a.m. CT there. Got my results Monday night at 10 p.m. CT .

Only symptom I had was cough. No fever, no aches, didn't lose smell or taste.

Hope you are good.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 13,940
And1: 9,407
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2290 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:39 am

Wilber85 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:I have COVID 19 tests positive last night!

Wonder who the 2 suns are that has it?
Hope you're feeling alright. How long did it take to get results? I'm getting a precautionary test on Thursday at a CVS because I'm driving to the Midwest to visit family next week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app


The bad thing about CVS minute clinic is it takes 2-5 business days. I got mine last Wednesday morning 10 a.m. CT there. Got my results Monday night at 10 p.m. CT .

Only symptom I had was cough. No fever, no aches, didn't lose smell or taste.

Hope you are good.
Thanks for the info. I feel fine just getting one before visit some family because AZ has been a bit spot or late.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
King4Day
Head Coach
Posts: 6,396
And1: 3,781
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2291 » by King4Day » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 am

In that same article:

Two teams told ESPN that the provision would help a franchise like the Detroit Pistons the most. Blake Griffin will count against their cap for $36.8 million and $38.9 million in the next two seasons. With this proposal, Detroit could amnesty Griffin and have over $50 million in room; without the provision it would have less than $20 million in space under a flat cap.


While I don't think Griffin would come here instead of chasing a ring, he would be an intriguing player to take a flyer on if Detroit does this
Formerly DarkHawk
jredsaz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,591
And1: 1,744
Joined: May 25, 2012
         

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2292 » by jredsaz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 am

King4Day wrote:In that same article:

Two teams told ESPN that the provision would help a franchise like the Detroit Pistons the most. Blake Griffin will count against their cap for $36.8 million and $38.9 million in the next two seasons. With this proposal, Detroit could amnesty Griffin and have over $50 million in room; without the provision it would have less than $20 million in space under a flat cap.


While I don't think Griffin would come here instead of chasing a ring, he would be an intriguing player to take a flyer on if Detroit does this
Blake Griffins skill set an experience would be awesome for this team. Games missed are the obvious issue.

"Griffin underwent another successful arthroscopic debridement of his left knee this season." This surgery doesnt look like microfracture or anything.

I feel like in a lesser role he may be able to lengthen his career.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
jredsaz
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,591
And1: 1,744
Joined: May 25, 2012
         

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2293 » by jredsaz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 am

King4Day wrote:In that same article:

Two teams told ESPN that the provision would help a franchise like the Detroit Pistons the most. Blake Griffin will count against their cap for $36.8 million and $38.9 million in the next two seasons. With this proposal, Detroit could amnesty Griffin and have over $50 million in room; without the provision it would have less than $20 million in space under a flat cap.


While I don't think Griffin would come here instead of chasing a ring, he would be an intriguing player to take a flyer on if Detroit does this
Rumor was he was going to sign in PHX before he got the 5 years max from the clips. He likes the valley. Sell him on being the vet piece to help Book/Ayton make a run.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
King4Day
Head Coach
Posts: 6,396
And1: 3,781
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2294 » by King4Day » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 pm

Anyone else seeing display issues on this site? Thought it was a browser or PC issue but I've tried from different locations and browsers. It's only happening in this thread. Wonder if it's due to how many pages we're at. Maybe a new thread is needed.

Anyway:

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Formerly DarkHawk
nevetsov
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,508
And1: 1,222
Joined: Jan 11, 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:
 

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2295 » by nevetsov » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm

King4Day wrote:Anyone else seeing display issues on this site? Thought it was a browser or PC issue but I've tried from different locations and browsers. It's only happening in this thread. Wonder if it's due to how many pages we're at. Maybe a new thread is needed.


Yeah, you're spot on. I think this is why we usually cap them at 100 pages.

Lock 'em up, buttercup.
ImNotMcDiSwear
Head Coach
Posts: 6,847
And1: 4,514
Joined: Dec 14, 2013
 

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2296 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:32 pm

nevetsov wrote:
King4Day wrote:Anyone else seeing display issues on this site? Thought it was a browser or PC issue but I've tried from different locations and browsers. It's only happening in this thread. Wonder if it's due to how many pages we're at. Maybe a new thread is needed.


Yeah, you're spot on. I think this is why we usually cap them at 100 pages.

Lock 'em up, buttercup.


The formatting was messed by GoK's post #2285. If he deletes it, this will all clear up.
User avatar
King4Day
Head Coach
Posts: 6,396
And1: 3,781
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2297 » by King4Day » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:49 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
nevetsov wrote:
King4Day wrote:Anyone else seeing display issues on this site? Thought it was a browser or PC issue but I've tried from different locations and browsers. It's only happening in this thread. Wonder if it's due to how many pages we're at. Maybe a new thread is needed.


Yeah, you're spot on. I think this is why we usually cap them at 100 pages.

Lock 'em up, buttercup.


The formatting was messed by GoK's post #2285. If he deletes it, this will all clear up.


If that's the case, can a mod fix it?
Formerly DarkHawk
User avatar
Ghost of Kleine
Veteran
Posts: 2,676
And1: 793
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2298 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:55 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
nevetsov wrote:
King4Day wrote:Anyone else seeing display issues on this site? Thought it was a browser or PC issue but I've tried from different locations and browsers. It's only happening in this thread. Wonder if it's due to how many pages we're at. Maybe a new thread is needed.


Yeah, you're spot on. I think this is why we usually cap them at 100 pages.

Lock 'em up, buttercup.


The formatting was messed by GoK's post #2285. If he deletes it, this will all clear up.


Better?? :D

Thanks man, Just seeing this, Not sure why it did that with the post though??? :dontknow: :-?
Image
User avatar
Mjee
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,756
And1: 1,566
Joined: Sep 16, 2009

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2299 » by Mjee » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Wilber85 wrote:I have COVID 19 tests positive last night!

Wonder who the 2 suns are that has it?



I hope you are feeling ok my man !!! Hang in there bro
Wilber85
Starter
Posts: 2,266
And1: 2,065
Joined: Oct 10, 2017
         

Re: 2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread) 

Post#2300 » by Wilber85 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Mjee wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:I have COVID 19 tests positive last night!

Wonder who the 2 suns are that has it?



I hope you are feeling ok my man !!! Hang in there bro


I am feeling good thanks! There is a trend though!

Zeke Elliot
Kevin Durant
Tom Hanks
Gobert
Jokic
Mitchell
Me

All Alpha males out here !

Return to Phoenix Suns