ImageImageImage

2020 Offseason Speculation, free agency, summer trades (keep draft prospect talk in draft thread)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Would you prefer a regular season from Christmas to late June and playoffs late June to late August?

Yes, move season back
73%
No, leave as is
27%

Total votes: 41

Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,089

Re: 2019-20 Season Speculation, free agency, summer trades: The excitement of the trade deadline has passed! 

Post#41 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:50 pm

I doubt Booker will say anything. He's never been that kind of player. He's always said the right things. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he decided to leave when he becomes an UFA though. We've shown no ability to build a competive team around him.
IzzyT
Junior
And1: 427

Re: 2019-20 Season Speculation, free agency, summer trades: The excitement of the trade deadline has passed! 

Post#42 » by IzzyT » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:52 pm

If you have Book, DLo and KAT on the same team, who’s going to play defense? You’d need prime Pip and Rodman out there.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#43 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:55 pm

Jarlaxle0204 wrote:I doubt Booker will say anything. He's never been that kind of player. He's always said the right things. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he decided to leave when he becomes an UFA though. We've shown no ability to build a competive team around him.
Well yeah if the suns aren't good the next 4 years he should leave. Here's the cold truth if with two years left on his deal the suns still aren't good they should trade Booker. I'm not saying it would be his fault but at that point it will be time to try something else.

I say with two years left because any less you start to lose value as the contract is coming closer to an end.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#44 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:58 pm

What goes on inside the mind of a Suns fan

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#45 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:59 pm

I'll be rooting against the sixers this postseason. I want to see them flame out to at least leave the window open for a Ben Simmons trade :)

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,974

Post#46 » by Mr Puddles » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:00 pm

A bunch of players that could have really helped us where tossed around for cheap.

We couldn't get involved with any deals to pick up a Beasley, Juancho, Crowder for cheap?

Also, the Suns could have easily beaten the Wolves' offer for Dlo.

The Wolves and Grizzlies have gotten much stronger - getting the 8th this year is going to be really tough.

Let's hope James Jones has something big stacked up for the summer because this trade deadline was very disappointing
Spoiler:
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,089

Post#47 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:00 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Jarlaxle0204 wrote:I doubt Booker will say anything. He's never been that kind of player. He's always said the right things. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he decided to leave when he becomes an UFA though. We've shown no ability to build a competive team around him.
Well yeah if the suns aren't good the next 4 years he should leave. Here's the cold truth if with two years left on his deal the suns still aren't good they should trade Booker. I'm not saying it would be his fault but at that point it will be time to try something else.

I say with two years left because any less you start to lose value as the contract is coming closer to an end.

You're probably correct. More draft picks here we come. 2 more years then until bottoming out.....again.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,787

Post#48 » by TeamTragic » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:01 pm

Kerrsed wrote:You cant make this stuff up. Suns solution for how to keep watching these bad games:

Read on Twitter

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#49 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:04 pm

GoranTragic wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:You cant make this stuff up. Suns solution for how to keep watching these bad games:

Read on Twitter

more expensive than Suns tickets :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#50 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:04 pm

Barkley6 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

Too bad he committed to Phx for 5 years by signing a contract. If he starts whining like he does to refs, they should just ignore him like the refs do.

Minnesota literally has no assets left. Even if they trade their entire roster outside of KAT and DLO it still wouldn't be enough value for Booker. It's not going to happen anytime soon.

And they couldn't trade a pick until 2023. But we wouldn't trade Book sooner than that, so we would need like two firsts and some players. I just really wish the west wasn't so brutally tough because even the teams outside of the playoffs tied or ahead of us (or the Kings one game behind us) are all getting better and we may have a hard time keeping up with the Pelicans and Grizzlies. Who knows about the Blazers and Spurs. And then the TWolves might be better, though I think losing Covington might hurt more than getting DLo. Wiggins had improved too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#51 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:06 pm

He clarified in a subsequent tweet that he meant per 100 possessions.

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#52 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:06 pm

Speaking of suns tix. I'm looking for 4 or 5 lower level for the bucks game 3/8. PM me if anyone is looking to get rid of some.

ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#53 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

Too bad he committed to Phx for 5 years by signing a contract. If he starts whining like he does to refs, they should just ignore him like the refs do.

Re DeLo/KAT/Book, I don't know why everyone's ignoring the obvious...

... They'll all be unrestricted free agents that season. And it's cold in Minnesota.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#54 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:09 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

... They'll all be unrestricted free agents that season. And it's cold in Minnesota.

Hopefully we are good by then and don't need them.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#55 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:09 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:

Read on Twitter

more expensive than Suns tickets :lol:

Will James Jones be there?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#56 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:10 pm

Jarlaxle0204 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:

You're probably correct. More draft picks here we come. 2 more years then until bottoming out.....again.
That would be rebuild 4.0 since Nash. 1.0 was the first bandaid rebuild banks tried with Beasley and crew. McDs tragic adventure was 2.0. Jones is a year into 3.0.

LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,891

Post#57 » by LV-Suns » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:11 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh great. This guy is still preaching relationships and yoga. Please go away.
I Dont wanna be here
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,080

Post#58 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:12 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Hopefully we are good by then and don't need them.

Fo sho.

Yo I got a question for you. Would you be happy if we dealt Ayton for KAT, straight up? I know you're about as encouraged as I am at this point about Deandre's defense. I'm sure you share my skepticism of KAT's. Does his epic shooting really make up for the difference? Given Deandre's level of D, doesn't it seem that his ceiling is a lot higher?
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,641

Post#59 » by sunsbum » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:13 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:What goes on inside the mind of a Suns fan

You really had a chance to lay down a spicy ass meme. All you had to do was stick some board members names on a few of those ppl. Kerrsed, get in here. I'm definitely the guy before the nun, with the cheapshot and super aggressive hand blasts. Who's the chick though, that's the real question. Now THIS is what polls are for.
Flex is now your father.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,641

Post#60 » by sunsbum » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:15 pm

Ayton is becoming one **** of a defender. I don't think it's out of the clouds that he's going to add a 3pt shot soon.
Flex is now your father.

Return to Phoenix Suns