ImageImageImage

Game 57: Phoenix Suns (22-34) @ Chicago Bulls (19-37)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,639

Re: Game 57: Phoenix Suns (22-34) @ Chicago Bulls (19-37) 

Post#201 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 am

Booker has also been the single biggest beneficiary of having a high level PG in Rubio around. No way he reaches this level of scoring efficiency without a guy like Rubio controlling tempo, controlling plays and really just reeling Booker in from his Iso-Book mindset.

Nobody thinks Rubio is all that and sure, he's not immune from criticisms either but the guys been in the league almost a decade, his flaws as a player isn't a surprise to anyone
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#202 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:18 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:My only real gripe with Ayton is that he doesn't understand that he can pretty much dunk without even jumping, but he'll softly lay it up instead. Well, also that he doesn't understand he can probably out-power 99% of the players in the league. Small gripes are that he taps the ball instead of grabbing it for rebounds too much occasionally, and he hasn't figured out to keep the ball high when he gets it to get it up quick. First half, he had a ton of turnovers from putting the ball down low. He figured it out in the second half though.

I understand dunks are a fascinating part of basketball, but even a lay up is still worth the same amount of points as a explosive dunk. We've seen only 95 games of Ayton I cant say for certain that his game wont change in his next 300+ games to a point where he is dunking 3 times per game with atrocity. But if he averages 24/13/3 assists over his next 5 years will be still be worried so much about his dunking ability? I mean sooner or later its time to enjoy watching our #1 pick dominate in other facets of the game instead of narrowing down on whether he can dunk on somebody's face like Amare did. We make not get another first pick until 2075 so lets enjoy this one for now.

For me, it's more that a dunk is a higher percentage than a layup. It doesn't have to be ferocious. Plus dunking on fools will make them challenge less than consistently going up with finesse. You need to put the fear in the opposing team. /it will open his finesse game more.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#203 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:16 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:My only real gripe with Ayton is that he doesn't understand that he can pretty much dunk without even jumping, but he'll softly lay it up instead. Well, also that he doesn't understand he can probably out-power 99% of the players in the league. Small gripes are that he taps the ball instead of grabbing it for rebounds too much occasionally, and he hasn't figured out to keep the ball high when he gets it to get it up quick. First half, he had a ton of turnovers from putting the ball down low. He figured it out in the second half though.

I understand dunks are a fascinating part of basketball, but even a lay up is still worth the same amount of points as a explosive dunk. We've seen only 95 games of Ayton I cant say for certain that his game wont change in his next 300+ games to a point where he is dunking 3 times per game with atrocity. But if he averages 24/13/3 assists over his next 5 years will be still be worried so much about his dunking ability? I mean sooner or later its time to enjoy watching our #1 pick dominate in other facets of the game instead of narrowing down on whether he can dunk on somebody's face like Amare did. We make not get another first pick until 2075 so lets enjoy this one for now.

For me, it's more that a dunk is a higher percentage than a layup. It doesn't have to be ferocious. Plus dunking on fools will make them challenge less than consistently going up with finesse. You need to put the fear in the opposing team. /it will open his finesse game more.

Yeah this argument that they are both only worth 2pts meaning there's little to no incentive in dunking it rather than laying it in is a bit too simplistic. The higher percentage as you mentioned with dunks and also just creating fear in challenging the dunk is certainly worth going for the ferocious dunk. How many guys want to be put on a poster?
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#204 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:24 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

Yeah this argument that they are both only worth 2pts meaning there's little to no incentive in dunking it rather than laying it in is a bit too simplistic. The higher percentage as you mentioned with dunks and also just creating fear in challenging the dunk is certainly worth going for the ferocious dunk. How many guys want to be put on a poster?

I've just noticed a lot of times his little chippy shots bounce out. He normally gets the tip in after, so it pads those rebounds, but man... Just dunk it in the first place and avoid having the chance for the other team to get the ball. He keeps talking about BullySZN or whatever the ****, but it seems more like GuppySZN. He had what, 28 and 19 last night? Imagine if he played like a **** beast. He could have had 40 and 30.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#205 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:49 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:For me, it's more that a dunk is a higher percentage than a layup. It doesn't have to be ferocious. Plus dunking on fools will make them challenge less than consistently going up with finesse. You need to put the fear in the opposing team. /it will open his finesse game more.

I've just noticed a lot of times his little chippy shots bounce out. He normally gets the tip in after, so it pads those rebounds, but man... Just dunk it in the first place and avoid having the chance for the other team to get the ball. He keeps talking about BullySZN or whatever the ****, but it seems more like GuppySZN. He had what, 28 and 19 last night? Imagine if he played like a **** beast. He could have had 40 and 30.

I don't follow his socials but I don't really see the bullyszn thing anymore. Is that still a thing on his social media?
grumpysaddle
RealGM

Post#206 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:12 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Yeah this argument that they are both only worth 2pts meaning there's little to no incentive in dunking it rather than laying it in is a bit too simplistic. The higher percentage as you mentioned with dunks and also just creating fear in challenging the dunk is certainly worth going for the ferocious dunk. How many guys want to be put on a poster?

I don't follow his socials but I don't really see the bullyszn thing anymore. Is that still a thing on his social media?

No clue. Lol. I just see it here. I stay away from social media crap for my sanity.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#207 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:39 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:I've just noticed a lot of times his little chippy shots bounce out. He normally gets the tip in after, so it pads those rebounds, but man... Just dunk it in the first place and avoid having the chance for the other team to get the ball. He keeps talking about BullySZN or whatever the ****, but it seems more like GuppySZN. He had what, 28 and 19 last night? Imagine if he played like a **** beast. He could have had 40 and 30.

No clue. Lol. I just see it here. I stay away from social media crap for my sanity.

I haven't seen him mention that at all. Ever. And even if did, I think it was created by fans.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#208 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:47 am

bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I don't follow his socials but I don't really see the bullyszn thing anymore. Is that still a thing on his social media?

I haven't seen him mention that at all. Ever. And even if did, I think it was created by fans.

Maybe the original #bullyszn hashtag was created by fans but he's certainly used it

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#209 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:51 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:No clue. Lol. I just see it here. I stay away from social media crap for my sanity.

Maybe the original #bullyszn hashtag was created by fans but he's certainly used it

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yeah, he was young, but he hasn't tweeted in months and even then, his limited tweets before that was about doing things for the community and stuff during the off season.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#210 » by RunDogGun » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:12 pm

I watched the game the other night, and I am amazed we won that game. Chicago was playing some swarming defense, and White was draining everything. Ayton had an amazing game and a terrible game all in the same game. What a roller coaster ride. Seven turnovers? I did like how guys were looking for him. Oubre didn't shoot all that well, but he really hustled, got his hands into passing lanes and really made up for the missed shots. It was a team win, which is nice to see.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#211 » by bwgood77 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:36 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:The guy was passionate but he had more hate for opposing players (esp Laker players) than any of ours. Sure he had his gripe when our players do something wrong but for the most part, he took a we against the world view rather than the grass is always greener on the other side outlook you seem to have.

And he mainly got pissed at our players when they requested trades to the Lakers, our rival.

Return to Phoenix Suns