ImageImageImage

Game 60: Detroit Pistons (19-41) @ Phoenix Suns (24-35)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who's having/had the best game (can change vote)

Ayton
69%
Booker
No votes
Bridges
13%
Rubio
19%

Total votes: 16

LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,902

Re: Game 60: Detroit Pistons (19-41) @ Phoenix Suns (24-35) 

Post#181 » by LV-Suns » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:29 am

King4Day wrote:Why was there 1.3 on the clock btw? Detroit inbounded with 1.9 and the timeout was called even before we had possession. It didn't take half a second for the refs to see a timeout was called.

Whoever is charge of the clock in Phoenix needs to be fired already.
I Dont wanna be here
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#182 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:29 am

LV-Suns wrote:
King4Day wrote:Why was there 1.3 on the clock btw? Detroit inbounded with 1.9 and the timeout was called even before we had possession. It didn't take half a second for the refs to see a timeout was called.

Whoever is charge of the clock in Phoenix needs to be fired already.

Some guy that looks like Mike D’Antoni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#183 » by King4Day » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:30 am

itlnsunsfan wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
itlnsunsfan wrote:
Excuse me?

Good jump shot = defender commits to your jump shot = you attack the close out = layup/dunk. Adding a jumper is literally expanding Ayton's game and making him more effective inside. You become less effective on offense when you have less ways to score.

The guy is unstoppable in the paint, yet settles for the jumpshot too often. Encouraging him to settle for jumpshots and not go harder inside is not the kind of mindset we should be instilling right now. Perfect the paint game, then expand your range. And thanks for being civil this time.

Yea Ayton has done enough fadeaway jumpers in a season and a half. He's starting to do more inside which we need. Once he perfects his post game, THEN I would worry about improving his range.

And sunskerr, don't call someone stupid. We're all on the same side here. Don't take frustration out on someone because you don't agree with them.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#184 » by bwoolf2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:31 am

itlnsunsfan wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
itlnsunsfan wrote:
Excuse me?

Good jump shot = defender commits to your jump shot = you attack the close out = layup/dunk. Adding a jumper is literally expanding Ayton's game and making him more effective inside. You become less effective on offense when you have less ways to score.

The guy is unstoppable in the paint, yet settles for the jumpshot too often. Encouraging him to settle for jumpshots and not go harder inside is not the kind of mindset we should be instilling right now. Perfect the paint game, then expand your range. And thanks for being civil this time.

Too often check the box score it disagrees with your assessment
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Post#185 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:31 am

itlnsunsfan wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
itlnsunsfan wrote:
Excuse me?

I would love to see him add a 3 in time, but for now, I also want him to focus on dominating inside. Once that is completely established, and it has pretty much gotten there quickly, but maybe not everyone knows it, he should work on being able to stretch the floor at times to open up the floor and give others like Bridges and Booker who finish over 70% at the rim a nice lane...he's a good passer too. But maybe next year. Should just dominate in the paint for now.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Post#186 » by sunskerr » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:32 am

itlnsunsfan wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
itlnsunsfan wrote:
Excuse me?

Sorry for being rude.

You're speaking as if he should not work on his jump shot, which is absurd. Ayton settling for jumpers would not be an issue if he worked on it and became proficient at it.

The reasons he should develop his jump shot is that he sucks at it, and that having a jump shot will help his inside game and get him easier looks. There are other reasons to also develop a jump shot as well, such as spacing (which helps the entire offense), and in general increasing his offensive impact which is measured through stats like offensive +/-, which are reasonably reliable. Ayton does not score particularly well in those stats as he is now, even dropping 20 points. This is basically modern basketball in a nut shell.

I really don't have enough energy to really discuss it beyond this point because I feel like every other post I make nowadays is refuting someone who says we should trade for LaMarcus Aldridge to play the PF position, and having to explain modern fundamentals to back up why acquiring a player like Aldridge is wrong.

But that's pretty much it.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#187 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:33 am

I’m so pissed. I need to call it a night. Peace guys. Back at it tomorrow for another loss!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#188 » by Crives » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:33 am

Also.. **** the Lakers for not trading for D Rose at the deadline
Keith_myath
Pro Prospect
And1: 589

Post#189 » by Keith_myath » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:34 am

Booker needs to be benched for those game-winner plays. He's 0-infinity and nothing will change while he continually runs plays for the corner and tries to draw the foul. The defender knows what Booker is trying to do and so does the ref. No one will fall for it.

If Booker has a whinge that he was dragged, tell him tough titties; his performances late in tight games have been detrimental.

"but, but, but, I'm an all-star, max. contract player..."

"Enjoy the G League, putz" replies Monty.

Please show some fkn balls and put this petulant, selfish, underachiever in his place for the betterment of the team.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#190 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:35 am

sunskerr wrote:
itlnsunsfan wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

Sorry for being rude.

You're speaking as if he should not work on his jump shot, which is absurd. Ayton settling for jumpers would not be an issue if he worked on it and became proficient at it.

The reasons he should develop his jump shot is that he sucks at it, and that having a jump shot will help his inside game and get him easier looks. There are other reasons to also develop a jump shot as well, such as spacing (which helps the entire offense), and in general increasing his offensive impact which is measured through stats like offensive +/-, which are reasonably reliable. Ayton does not score particularly well in those stats as he is now, even dropping 20 points. This is basically modern basketball in a nut shell.

He was actually a really good mid range shooter at AZ and even last year. I think he just had a really bad stretch this year...I think he's better than you think from there.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#191 » by bwoolf2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:35 am

bwgood77 wrote:
itlnsunsfan wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

I would love to see him add a 3 in time, but for now, I also want him to focus on dominating inside. Once that is completely established, and it has pretty much gotten there quickly, but maybe not everyone knows it, he should work on being able to stretch the floor at times to open up the floor and give others like Bridges and Booker who finish over 70% at the rim a nice lane...he's a good passer too. But maybe next year. Should just dominate in the paint for now.

Ayton is averaging 19 and 12 on 55 percent shooting, he should be jacking up more shots from the paint and mid range
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#192 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:37 am

bwoolf2 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
itlnsunsfan wrote:

Ayton is averaging 19 and 12 on 55 percent shooting, he should be jacking up more shots from the paint and mid range

He's doing a lot better than that the last 10 games or so. His % has gone way up. He just needs to keep dominating inside for now. He's a better midrange shooter than people think right now, but he went through a slump. It's fine if he has to shoot those, but obviously if he can dunk it and get sure things at the rim, that's better.

I am not sure if that comment was sarcastic or not.
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,943

Post#193 » by KLEON » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:37 am

To be fair Booker got fouled. What pisses me off the most is deep in the 4th Bridges is guarding Rose and when the pick comes he keeps switching with Cam. Bridges is such a good defender why not stay with Rose regardless of the pick, tell Cam to stay with his man.F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#194 » by ATTL » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:38 am

1. scorekeepers dont know what a **** blocked shot is.
2. score/timekeepers dont know when to start the **** clock
3. Ayton needs more than 12 shots when hes shootin 80%+
4. i remember when booker was clutch
5. suns dont deserve playoffs
6. miss kelly
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,398

Post#195 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:41 am

A winnable game turned unwinnable. Could've been 3.5 games in lose column behind the struggling Grizzlies instead we move down while Pels/Blazers inch a bit closer towards freedom. Without Oubre, Baynes, and Rubio Suns should've won this game this is simply unacceptable. Their starting lineup is bottom 5 weak in the league and they come to AZ and get a win.
KLEON
Analyst

Post#196 » by KLEON » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:47 am

bwgood77 wrote:That was pathetic trying to create a foul. That wasn't even close to a foul. Booker tried to create one and then whined for a long time. I hate it when any player tries to create that foul and launch a bad shot. I know sometimes the rules or calls make it beneficial but it's just bad basketball. I mean if you are hacked and it is already going to be a foul, sure, throw up a shot, but don't try to jump into someone...this isn't just Book, but anyone. Someone should just tell him to play ball and ask if he'd ever try to do that in a pick up game and complain he got fouled and should shoot 3 free throws.

IDK who was guarding Booker but when he faked and then took the shot the defender's body hit his wrist. I know you didn't like the play but that's foul. If it was LBJ,Harden or Freak we all know what the result would be
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#197 » by ATTL » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:51 am

Was it the game plan to get Ayton 3 shots in the second half?
KLEON
Analyst

Post#198 » by KLEON » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:53 am

ATTL wrote:Was it the game plan to get Ayton 3 shots in the second half?

Ayton looked gassed in the 2nd half
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#199 » by bigfoot » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:05 am

11 times in the last 20 years a team has FG % better than .600 and lost. Suns have 3 of those 11 losses !!
itlnsunsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 877

Post#200 » by itlnsunsfan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:05 am

sunskerr wrote:
itlnsunsfan wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

Sorry for being rude.

I really don't have enough energy to really discuss it beyond this point because I feel like every other post I make nowadays is refuting someone who says we should trade for LaMarcus Aldridge to play the PF position, and having to explain modern fundamentals to back up why acquiring a player like Aldridge is wrong.

But that's pretty much it.

I'm sure he does work on his jumpshot, but as I said, for a player that has a predisposition to passivity, that's not the mindset we should be instilling right now.

From my understanding, our offensive rating is very good when Ayton is on the floor. His OBPM is second to only Booker I believe.

Return to Phoenix Suns